Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Default Midair Bomb Explosions

Basically what is happening is bombs from a bomber are exploding in mid air and not when they hit the ground. I know this was posted before from people that this was happening to, but I have been seeing this happen a lot on my screen from the bombs of other players (which I think hasn't been reported).

It is related to where the bomber is on the screen. When they are at the top of the screen their bombs explode in a location that is at the bottom of their visible playing area. The problem is obviously that the bombs should continue to fall until they hit something (a plane or an object) but there is some bug that is causing them to explode at the bottom of their screen and therefore sometimes in the middle of my screen.

I realize it's a hard bug to describe, so if it doesn't make sense then I can try to explain it better.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

You explained it well.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Administrator

I think the old big-bomb bug is fixed, this sounds more like a deliberate design choice we made. I changed Bomber-Bombs' lifetime (after which they explode automatically) to 1.8 seconds, to prevent bombers from flying along the top of the map and randomly spamming bombs to hit people they can't even see. 1.8 seconds should, however, be long enough to hit any onscreen target (e.g. one the bomber actually aimed at).