Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:34 PM

I know. I screenshot every time someone leaves and a ban is required. Nobo keeps yelling at me to send them to anyone except him.

You are all very fair. I see several threads complaining about bans and such but I have found that (shockingly) if you are respectful and reasonable in dealing with admins, progress can be made quite easily.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
I'm sorry mikesol in the future I will do that. I was just a little incensed over the lies being perpetrated by skygirl.

Also, the slow loading of imageshack. >_>

edit: Oh, I just realized exodus and skygirl are the same person, who is actually a guy? That would explain why s/he didn't want me talking about the death threats exodus gave me on mumble.
Play those lanes.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGirl View Post
Play those lanes.
Similarly posts like this are also not helpful. We are all smart enough (I hope) to not simply let flattery sway our logical judgments of what goes on. It just makes you look like a troll and dminishes your point :/
Old 07-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
Tis fine bud - just try to keep in mind that the admins try to be fair and won't simply ban you or anyone else because someone tells us there are pics - we'd actually look at them and decide for ourselves. No need to rage

Ps: I can't guarantee all admins but i generally try and be as fair as possible.
Mikesol, you have always been fair. I was also told not to send anything to nobo, In the event that a situation comes up I will forward it to you, but I doubt it will. I think Nobo taking the time to spell out the gray areas, will eliminate the potential for any future problems.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 PM

SkyGirl, quit it. If you have any specific screenshots of elixir doing anything wrong, post just that one or two screenshot instead of fifty, because as it is, I couldn't find anything worth looking at.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
SkyGirl, quit it. If you have any specific screenshots of elixir doing anything wrong, post just that one or two screenshot instead of fifty, because as it is, I couldn't find anything worth looking at.
No problem, I can do that in here because you asked me to!!!! I'll place my concerns elsewhere in the fourms, I do have the right to my opinion, and so does any of the other players that agreed about the issue. But it was said in the fourms to apply any info about Ladder in here so I complied.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:20 PM

My guess is I might have been a slight cause for this thread =/ sorry I misunderstood things a bit! thanks for the thread though it clears things up! I've been pretty ragey the last week or two so I'll work on just not raging and every time I want to i will type =D instead lol! so please look out for my smileys as a sign of rage...lol!

can we get some setups banable?!...e.g. reverse time anchor! =/ there is a line where some setups just do not work. I recognise theres a few people who master odd setups e.g. nathor - reverse esplodet!

nip
Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
can we get some setups banable?!...e.g. reverse time anchor! =/ there is a line where some setups just do not work. I recognise theres a few people who master odd setups e.g. nathor - reverse esplodet!
lol at ignoring everything said xD
Old 07-15-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
My guess is I might have been a slight cause for this thread =/ sorry I misunderstood things a bit! thanks for the thread though it clears things up! I've been pretty ragey the last week or two so I'll work on just not raging and every time I want to i will type =D instead lol! so please look out for my smileys as a sign of rage...lol!

nip
Nipple go back to playing bomber full time you buffoon.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:56 PM

Nathor's reverse explodet is just as useless as every other novelty perk setup.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 PM

After reading through this thread i would like to chime in with my thoughts on the situation, mostly about rules #2 and #3...

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the ladder atmosphere tends to deteriorate rather quickly due to a combination of these 2 main factors:

1)Newer players/players regarded as 'noobs'
2)Using perk setups and plane compositions that are considered detrimental to success and winning

Because the ladder servers are considered as arguably the best places to go for a competitive match and because of the ranking system implemented in these servers, this leads to a lot more raging amongst people when things go wrong since their ratings will have a visible negative impact if they lose. I understand that everyone gets upset from time to time (myself included), but there is a right way to go about things and a wrong way, here are some examples:

Wrong Way: About a week ago a newer player named unsightly was in ball ladder using dumb bombs and reverse thrust as perks. People were raging on him hardcore, and the whole ladder atmosphere become chaotic and hostile. The situation escalated to a point to where it was distracting for nearly everyone in the server to enjoy playing a few fun ladder matches since their was a constant onslaught of trash-talk and rage over this guy and his perk setups, even though he was playing his best to win.

Right Way: Few days ago another new player to the ladder scene named shrode (aka shrodekill), was also in ball ladder. He was doing some noob things, however people in the server were being calm and civil and helping him out. Nobody was raging and it made for a more peaceful and tranquil ladder session in which everyone could just focus on having fun.

So with that said, let's all just do are best to make sure ladder is a fun place for some great games with no added drama. If people are on your team using some perks you don't think are good and you want them to change, you can ask them politely to switch. Most people are receptive to advice if it is given in a considerate and respectful manner. However they have a right to play with what plane perks they want, so you must also respect their decision as well.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
After reading through this thread i would like to chime in with my thoughts on the situation, mostly about rules #2 and #3...

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the ladder atmosphere tends to deteriorate rather quickly due to a combination of these 2 main factors:

1)Newer players/players regarded as 'noobs'
2)Using perk setups and plane compositions that are considered detrimental to success and winning

Because the ladder servers are considered as arguably the best places to go for a competitive match and because of the ranking system implemented in these servers, this leads to a lot more raging amongst people when things go wrong since their ratings will have a visible negative impact if they lose. I understand that everyone gets upset from time to time (myself included), but there is a right way to go about things and a wrong way, here are some examples:

Wrong Way: About a week ago a newer player named unsightly was in ball ladder using dumb bombs and reverse thrust as perks. People were raging on him hardcore, and the whole ladder atmosphere become chaotic and hostile. The situation escalated to a point to where it was distracting for nearly everyone in the server to enjoy playing a few fun ladder matches since their was a constant onslaught of trash-talk and rage over this guy and his perk setups, even though he was playing his best to win.

Right Way: Few days ago another new player to the ladder scene named shrode (aka shrodekill), was also in ball ladder. He was doing some noob things, however people in the server were being calm and civil and helping him out. Nobody was raging and it made for a more peaceful and tranquil ladder session in which everyone could just focus on having fun.

So with that said, let's all just do are best to make sure ladder is a fun place for some great games with no added drama. If people are on your team using some perks you don't think are good and you want them to change, you can ask them politely to switch. Most people are receptive to advice if it is given in a considerate and respectful manner. However they have a right to play with what plane perks they want, so you must also respect their decision as well.

Well Said Goose^^^
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Nathor's reverse explodet is just as useless as every other novelty perk setup.
so cynical and completely deconstructive
Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 AM

Quote:
on mumble.
You damn whore. you actually got on??? after all that time of me and ssd wantin you to get on and you decide to join when neither of us are there?!?!?

Slut
Old 07-16-2010, 01:53 AM

I was not present for the unsightly incident, but I've played with shrode a lot and to me he is the epitome of what a new ladder player should be.

He takes advice very well, and asks for it when he needs it.

He playes effective planes, and understands the basic concepts behind ball (I don't remember if he played tbd).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
You damn whore. you actually got on??? after all that time of me and ssd wantin you to get on and you decide to join when neither of us are there?!?!?

Slut
Ya I probably won't be going on again until SSD gives me admin powers so I can ban losers who threaten my life.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyGirl View Post
Quote:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8...7142314032.png

hahahahahahahah

this picture actually looks like you caught captainvogez admitting he doesn't care what he does in ladder.

Well played, top notch detective work.
I also notice that you didn't care to post the one screen shot of you and IL/FU actively seeking anything that you could to try and ban that guy, oh my goodness your ban squad was even timing the second on the guy spawning!!!

Anyway, Run those bases buddy, I now can sit back and watch, you are doing all the work for me, as I knew you would from the beginning. Your actions are very predictable!!!! Keep on raging, it only proves our point. (Our) meaning more than one person confirms your behavior in Ladder.
Also, if you'd care to upload the whole log instead of one excerpt of a conversation that stupidly tries to frame me, then please feel free to continue this.
However, nobo WAS present and if he had seen anything blatantly obvious worth banning or even MENTIONING then he would have said it.

I am starting to see what Beagle saw after all this time...Seriously, some of you guys really detract from the game experience.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Ya I probably won't be going on again until SSD gives me admin powers so I can ban losers who threaten my life.
>.> i have admin ill protect you!!1