Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:12 PM

ah nvr, dont need to answer that :P, i didnt c the confirmation list
Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 PM

Ello, team.
Right now im trying to get our own mumble channel, but i find another problem. We need program, which everyone use everyday, where we can speak bout our planes or so. As i noted, not many pep looking at this forum, or posting here. Thats why i decided to pick ur skype addresses, which i post or send via PM for everyone. Right now i have nicknames of only 5 members, but i hope, ill get other fast.
Old 08-22-2010, 05:56 PM

ı dont understand what s the problem wıth mumble
Old 08-22-2010, 06:05 PM

Ill show u. We have mumble, ppl get in and start to play. BUT if need to call someone, find someone, we cant use mumble, because pep get it only when they need it. And everyone switch skype at the time, when they switch up their comp
Old 08-22-2010, 06:17 PM

tomato u can still play online without downloading altitude - skype will have my ping go up by loads :/
Old 08-22-2010, 06:45 PM

We dont need to use skype as voice chat, we will use them only as place, where we can find ppl. For voice chat when playing, we will use mumble
Old 08-22-2010, 06:59 PM

Exclamation Mumble

And now we have our own channel at mumble server. You can find it in Teams|Clans|Cults branch --> Area 51. I hope, everyone download and set mumble already.

AGAIN. There how u can get mumble.
http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2664
Old 08-22-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
tomato u can still play online without downloading altitude - skype will have my ping go up by loads :/
no ı cant, cuz ın the computer of the hotel the ıs not a java or somethıng lıke that
Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Can't be there; sorry, something at school popped up at the last minute. I got a stupid meeting thing I have to be at :/
Old 08-22-2010, 11:04 PM

Thumbs up

Scrimmage just end. Results - 2-2 or 3-3 or 2-3. As for me, it is 3-3.
Bout games.
Cave is a first drama map. We won, but half hits did fluffy, which ping was 999. Dunno bout second hit, coz he hit empty base, but let count it as lag drop.
Second drama map was heights, where we start playing 4vs4, and when one of BB left, we start to play 3vs3. I find it stupid. Its to big for 3vs3, but we play, dont stop playing cave and heights. So result is 3-3
Anyway. Mistakes.
1.We need moar organization. Taesu swaps 3 or 4 times, also rhyno and mordecai can decide.
2.We need all team in mumble. Maybe someone can write fast in chat, but i cant. And i remember one episode, when we kill all BB whales and almost all team yells GOGO, but taesu cant heard us, so we fail that one.
3.My mistake as bomber, that i cant spam at grotto and cave(<3 focus). To much free space. And it is my first serious 5vs5 game as bomber, so ill train this.
4.About control mid in core. I find it hard. When we 4 or 5 in middle, nades flying everywhere, emp and whalez rockets hit us, but we dont see enemy. I think better to time bomb spawn and get in 10-15 seconds before.
5.Dogfight.Dont try being hero to kill 1by1. Wait team and kick asses.
6.I need bomber-friend.Cow betrayed me and playing splodet, so MOOOO on u.
In fact, we just need get all team in mumble. After that half of our little problems will disappear.

Anyway, there was GGs, and i happy to play with ya, team.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:28 AM

hey guys, srry about not showing up, the game for me was at 4am, so i woke up at 3.45am to get prepared. When i tried going on the internet, it didnt work. I didnt have internet. Today (this morning) i found out that there were some problems with the router at home :/ srry guys
Old 08-23-2010, 03:36 AM

Hey, good games, guys! Very satisfied with how we did for our first time playing as a team, and I think it just shows we can get a lot better really fast.

Anyway, I might as well post some thoughts i had about the games.

First, I completely agree that everyone on the team should get mumble (and a microphone). It makes things so much easier and more efficient in terms of communication, organization, and teamwork. I highly recommend that people invest in a microphone if they do not already have one; it really does make a difference, as trendy said. And if you have a microphone, you have no excuse not to download mumble.

Also, I felt as if we need to be more conscious of the team we're fielding, if possible. In most instances, we're not going to want more than 3 heavy planes, yet a couple times we were caught with 3 explos, a bomber, and then a miranda/bip. And I believe that one of the full bomb hits on core happened during that 4 "heavy" set-up because we were caught out of position by being too slow at the time. We almost won that game, but even so, little things like that can make a difference.

We need to push better. For me, I know that that's something I need to work on as an explo in leading pushes and disrupting defenses. But I think it's something that our whole team really needs to work on, not just myself. Our charges tended to rely on us killing BB in the areas close to the middle but closer to their base (if that makes sense) and then just kind of going for it. While it ended up working pretty well, we need to have more versatility in how we charge and learn to better work as a team in bomb runs, although i think that will just take time (and mumble!).

I'm not sure if having a designated bomb runner would help us out, but we definitely need to be better at generating offense. I only really played with the team at neutral bomb maps, so worrying about that wasn't as important. But still, I think that we need to invest some time in practicing bomb running. As trendy said, there were some times, especially on core, where we had opportunities to at least attempt a bomb drop, but the bomb was held onto too long or the runner wasn't as aggressive as he should have been when explos are dead, etc. While part of the problem is communication, another is just something we can fix with practice, and that's running the bomb.

Those are my main thoughts about the games. Overall, I though we did really well for our first scrim. And while apparently it's debatable what the real "final score" or whatever should be, we won 3 games and they won 3 games. I felt like we improved a lot even from match to match. We made some mistakes in the core game, played a "good enough to win" grotto game, and then a pretty good focus game. While we weren't perfect, I had fun playing and I look forward to more scrims and possibly more serious matches in the future.

Thanks a bunch to Blood Brothers for some excellent games!
Old 08-23-2010, 06:42 AM

good job guys agaınıst BB, today ı wıll come back to altı =), btw who was on yesterday? who played?
Old 08-23-2010, 08:15 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for those feedbacks! I had to leave after the third match (1 hour after which means it was pretty close games). I'm happy to see that you guys played a few more.
I think that what Trendy and Duck just said is a good resume of how the scrim was going. If everybody was on Mumble it could solve some problems like the exemple you mentionned with Teasu. It's not a big deal, I'm guessing that everybody will get Mumble working and that problem will be solved.
Otherwise I'm pretty proud to see that for a first scrim (probably the first you play together) things were fine. I watched all of you in different position and how you play with each other so here are my feedback:

- Cave: ok that game was weird for reasons mentionned above. I saw good job in defense, you all prevent them from passing above the medium turret in general (mistakes happend and then? I don't care for now =)) . But what is to improve is the push (like in other maps). I dunno who was taking the bomb just after ennemy. In that way it's harder to stay all together because the lights are protecting the bomb (weaker) and the heavier were trying to kill the other bombrunner (but were too slow like Duck said).

- Core: The starting was weird, the end also but in mid game things were really good. I saw nice push from the whales to the ennemy base (which offered us 2 easy hits) and good spam in the middle. That game was really close, BB won it but it could be us.

- Grotto: Things were slightly different there. I don't have the chance to see Coolcow playing much. I made Braiden play with laser. Maybe the composition (in planes) were too light. I'm waiting for your impressions (Fluffy and Cow were spectating). I would say organisation was the trouble maker.

In general: I don't think you'll have personnal improvements to make. You all show that you can kill and be present everywhere in the maps. We will need to learn pushing all together but it will be easier with skype.

Thx again for the scrims guy, hope to see you all soon to make another. It was nice to see you playing. And thx BB also, I would say that it was a fair match (if we remove all those laggy s**t =)) and you're very welcome to scrim us again.

@ Duck: You have too many friends! Haha (Can I have a lil place in your list too? =D)
@ Trendy: Good job with bomber, I'm not the only one that say that =)
@ Rhyno: You did a really good job with whale during the core game. I know it's not your main plane.
@ Teasu and Mordecaizs: really good job in cleaning, bombing and oppressing the ennemy.
@ Doughnut and Fluffy: Good cheerleadering, your ping made you dancing well =D
@ Coolcow and Braiden*: My bad if I didn't see you playing much. It's an occasion to set up another scrim =)

Hope I didn't forgot someone, I would be a really bad captain if I did =/

Last edited by Tote; 08-23-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 AM

I don't know who made our website (thx a lot btw) but it is possible to include a private forum in it? If not does someone know how to make an easy/simple one where we can discuss about altitude related stuff (like tactics and schedule)?
Or you think it's more easy to directly discuss between us in a private server or on Mumble? I know there will be some that won't check it out every months
Tell me what you think.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:31 AM

Default Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy11one View Post
And now we have our own channel at mumble server. You can find it in Teams|Clans|Cults branch --> Area 51.
Thanks a lot for the job you made for the team Trendy
Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote View Post
I don't know who made our website (thx a lot btw) but it is possible to include a private forum in it?
ye ıs possıble but only ıf ure a member ın the websıte
Old 08-23-2010, 09:13 AM

Is it possible right now you mean? Coz I can't see nowhere a link that invites me joining the website =)
Old 08-23-2010, 09:15 AM

THE WEBSITE IS UNDER MAINTANANCE, ıt wıll be ready next frıday =)
(element ıs doıng ıt)

ooops srry caps
Old 08-23-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato man View Post
THE WEBSITE IS UNDER MAINTANANCE, ıt wıll be ready next frıday =)
(element ıs doıng ıt)

ooops srry caps
I dont think, that we need site, forum would be enough, but i can help element with moderate forums, which will be present at site(i hope).
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the job you made for the team Trendy
No problem, Mr Doctor
Quote:
Or you think it's more easy to directly discuss between us in a private server or on Mumble? I know there will be some that won't check it out every months
Tell me what you think.
I think(and i start to make this) we can and should use both variants. Site forum for big messages, like tactics, ideas and other stuff. Also we should use skype as chat program. I need, that everyone who use it often gimme their nicknames. Right now i have 7 nicks(16 at all).I dont think, that pep should make new skype address, if they dont use it before, coz i repeat, we will use them as signal system.Eg:Someone dont show up at scrim, and we need 5th. We can open skype and try to find him, or call someone else. All that u need to do is leave me ur nicknames and keep skype online.
Quote:
today ı wıll come back to altı =)
Finally we get u!
Quote:
btw who was on yesterday? who played?
Quote:
@ Duck:
@ Trendy:
@ Rhyno:
@ Teasu and Mordecaizs:
@ Doughnut and Fluffy:
@ Coolcow and Braiden*:
Old 08-23-2010, 12:14 PM

Hey Guys, I just finished the website, I would like all Area 51 members to become members on the website, there is a private forum for us to discuss.

Thanks,
Element
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM

awesome, thank u ele =)
Old 08-24-2010, 02:28 AM

thank you to trendy, tote and tomato for joining the site. All other members of [51], pls join the website. We will be discussing tactics etc.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:25 AM

joined. but i think you need to restrict areas to members to ensure privacy..

about the scrim.. all games were pretty close and intense. I don't really play whale, except for fun and realxing, but since Mordecai wanted to play HC, it was the second best i could do.

I think we're a little biplane heavy in the team, we need some more randas and loopies ( even tho i hate that plane).

Last edited by Rhyn0; 08-24-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:54 AM

not really agree about loopys..Will send u a PM about this..
Old 08-24-2010, 06:30 PM

posted on website, check it.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:57 PM

DONE! Post added. Also I want PM too about why we dont need loopies

Im also add thread , where everyone can leave time of their vacations etc
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 PM

"why we don't need loopies"

oh I can answer on that one )) - because everyone can play a loopy :P

(at least everyone who had dozens of demo-loopy hours ^^)
Old 08-24-2010, 10:21 PM

I knew that, everyone can play DF or tracker, but ACID. It pretty strong plane with awesome ability to help team IMO
Old 08-25-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosconi View Post
"why we don't need loopies"

oh I can answer on that one )) - because everyone can play a loopy :P

(at least everyone who had dozens of demo-loopy hours ^^)
that s the point trendy, start and mandrad if need are skilled loopys
Old 08-30-2010, 07:06 PM

Trendy is the new Captain of Area51 with mandrad =), gj buddy
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 PM

Congrats, trendy!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:32 PM

Cool

Woohooo!Nau, when i have suppa powa, ill get moar scrims and other stuff. I have to note u, that nau im playing alot, but after 1 sept i would study and cant play whole day. Thats why quick scrims<planned scrims for me. Thats why im trying to add as many captains as i can and find time to make scrims.

A couple weeks ago we found, that 7 pm GMT Sunday OK for the rest of team. Thats why i wanna make scrim vs fLb or KLF at SUNDAY 5.09. Maybe, ill have problems, so i cant show up, but before i start to planing it, i should know, would we have 5 pep at the same time or not. Post here pls.

ALSO.Not all members get in site and mumble. Our channel dont work, but we can make another at custom branch. To grew up we need to heard sexy toma voice, thats why everyone HAVE TO get mumble. TY

At the end, ill try do my best as captain, i hope dont screw up, but i need help of whole team. AND READ SITE FORUM!!!REGISTER AND READ!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 AM

I can be free on sunday.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:05 PM

Location: IM ON A BOAT MOTHER****ER TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER****ING BOAT

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH WAHOOO YAHOOOO LOOO LAAA LAAAA LOOOOO WOOO POOOO WAHHHHHH LAAAA NAAAA YAAAHOOOOO

im back in new york and so now i have a normal ping. pwnz.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:27 PM

good to have u back nut =))
Old 09-01-2010, 10:32 AM

hey guys, tote is goin to be inactive for the next 10 days for holydays , hope u have fun toty =)
Old 09-01-2010, 06:07 PM

hey guys, welcome to our new pro bomber NADESPAM! he is BACK!!

<D<D<D
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Mr.OneTwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrad View Post
1-2,
After u lost protagonism in ##, u became worse day after day. As a captain it was my duty to respect u beside u treated me the way u did.
U talked bad of ur teammates, captain and leader. Ur a spoiled stupid kid.
After ur last act, when i answered all ur stupid questions and u showed how gay u are by saying **** and leave cowardly, i have to consider u, one of the biggest MORONs in the community.
After ****ing the group, and making us loose great players for ur conduct to the team only, do u think u would have a place on this team??? Realy????? U are a stupid kid and we are not dumb people > u only **** us once.
Respecting the group u belong to, its just not 4 you.
U piece of garbage just GTFO our way
First of all, mind the gap, idiot. I never said bad things on you.
Second: After I lost protagonism? I often didn't play, or switched with Tomato to let everybody play.
3. I only talked bad to 1 teammate, for non respecting the ## rules.
That's it.
Then I have been inactive for 3 or + months.
If I'm not welcome, no problem, I'm not in the team. I wanted to be part of it since Tomato (leader or captain if I'm not wrong) asked me to join you.
Then I know how addictive and serious Altitude can be, but don't forget it's a (awesome) game.
Last but not least: **** YOU.
And when you say I said "F***" And I left cowardly, check my TAG on altitude, it's still ##. Faggot.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:06 PM

stop this guys, if u wanna talk mandrad do it on alti not on 51 thread please, mandrad atm is inactive he will be back in a week, and dont use this thred to insult people.

peace