Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 08-13-2010, 09:13 PM

Default nobodyhome

Nobo,

Well played sir, extremely well played. That was some absolutely incredible detective work and I am extremely impressed. You caught me red handed and proved my guilt with absolutely undeniable authority. You are the man. I give you major props.

What happened last night was never meant to go as far as it did, nor was it meant to be personal. I didn't even know you were on the other team or even in the server until after I did it.

I was high and tired and did it for the lulz. I was just like the highschool class clown that makes jokes and trolls the teacher for the approval and laughter of his peers. I was trying to be funny, and for us mumblites it definitely was; we all got a good laugh. I had been expecting to get caught and probably banned for a few days but that was a price worth paying. Lulz can't always be free.

After I bombed I realized that, in an amazing coincidence, no one but perhaps Drybone saw it and that I, perhaps had some small chance to get away with it. I lied and much to my surprise some other mumblites decided to lie with me in a quest for more and even greater lulz that could be had from actually getting away with it right under the nose of the main administrator. I guess you could say it was an immature act of rebellion against the strict moderation of conduct in ladder.

So I apologize. What began as a simple prank and small act of rebellion ended up being an attack upon your judgement, integrity and authority and an insult to your intelligence. This situation, beginning with my claim of clean conscience, and then escalating to include counts of coordinated conspirators cleverly concocting a campaign to confound and confuse you with their clandestine contributions of claims my innocence all culminated in a clot of cut-throat lies and, after you pwned us, tarnished reputations for all involved.

This was surely a case of biting the hand that feeds me (or in this case provides me with an arena for good Altitude competition). Put plainly, I ****ed with you and you didn't deserve it. I made a dick move. You spend a lot of time maintaining the ladder and I should have be more grateful and considerate of this.

I shouldn't have even glitched it in the first place, and I certainly shouldn't have made it worse and tried to make you look like the bad guy. It was foolish and it made me look like a fool. It was immoral and disrespectful and I genuinely regret making my decision to try to discredit your completely justified action.

I'm truly sorry to be the cause of something like this. I hope you believe the sincerity of my regret. I also hope you see it in your heart to forgive so great a trespass against you. Despite current appearances, I am not a bad person and I hope you will allow me the opportunity to prove to you, and others, the true value of my character through good sportsmanship and clean gameplay in the future.

Yours most sincerely,

Jeremy Rathje
Jrath

Ps. I'm pretty sure no one will EVER think about pulling any thing like this in your house again.

Last edited by Jrathje; 08-13-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:02 PM

gonna use ur own word here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrathje View Post
you made a mistake. It's understandable. It happens to everyone.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 PM

*Clap Clap*
Old 08-13-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:
This situation, beginning with my claim of clean conscience, and then escalating to include counts of coordinated conspirators cleverly concocting a campaign to confound and confuse you with their clandestine contributions of claims my innocence all culminated in a clot of cut-throat lies and, after you pwned us, tarnished reputations for all involved.
]

This alone should grant you and all others permission to play in Ladder. Alliteration at its finest, and a grasp of the English language like no other.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:24 AM

Oh look a real apology.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootStraps View Post
This alone should grant you and all others permission to play in Ladder. Alliteration at its finest, and a grasp of the English language like no other.
Its blatant their all just milking this for forum drama, the lot can go **** themselves.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Its blatant their all just milking this for forum drama, the lot can go **** themselves.
Don't worry, they won't have your spotlight long. I'm sure this will have blown over in about a week like most altitude dramaz.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:58 AM

As far as I can see, the little fiasco continues to blossom. The threads are being read and continued over and over. Daily replies everyday make the sweet nectar of this event so much sweeter.

Furthermore, I have a dream that one day even Ladder, a place sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Furthermore, I have a dream that one day even Ladder, a place sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom.
LOL. Btw, since we are talking about oppression. FREE 1DM FROM THE DEPTHS OF TORMENT AND MAKE ONE OF YOUR MANY LADDER SERVERS INTO A 1DM LADDER SERVER. 1DM AKBAR!!! Also ladder is broke atm, cant join the servers. Peace to all your mothers.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

JesusLives has to be one of the best posters in this community.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post
JesusLives has to be one of the best posters in this community.
What can I say, I try to poop, and all that comes out it diamond encrusted gold coins from a sunken Spanish ship from the 1700s....

Last edited by Jesuslives; 08-14-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:46 AM

nope. I dont think he should be unbanned. Since he apologized maybe his friends can be unbanned in 2 weeks or something.

he keeps saying "for the lulz" but who really thought this was funny (other than nobo owning these kids)?

Abusing glitch, lying about it, getting friends to back u up, calling out nobo. Permaban
Old 08-14-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguard View Post
nope. I dont think he should be unbanned. Since he apologized maybe his friends can be unbanned in 2 weeks or something.

he keeps saying "for the lulz" but who really thought this was funny (other than nobo owning these kids)?

Abusing glitch, lying about it, getting friends to back u up, calling out nobo. Permaban
Oh, it was quite funny dont worry about that and the fact no one noticed made it that much better when nobo was sitting on the the other team. and to be honest jrath didnt have much to do with pushing the lie past the fact that he was the one that did it. if anything, i my self was the one organizing the chaos to keep everything straight along with everyone vouching the same lie and pushing nobo to do all the work he had to do just to figure it out. so in all honesty if i was the ladder admin id give jrath his 15days+ like 10 more for going along with the lie i decided to formulate. about 10days-2weeks for dis and gene. and idk a month or 2 for me if not more if you decide that more than that is fit for the "crime." also lots of people are making a big deal about the whole say apology thing but the after we saw the post of nobos findings we were all in mumble together and all wrote it out and decided what to say together while gene wrote it down so we all didnt have to write the same exact things but in different words as for the most part the intentions were the same, again besides me wanting to push it as far as i could.

So again im still waiting for nobo to come talk to me as it seems he either just hasn't been on much or is avoiding it for now im still not sure.

(not trolling) i do want to talk to you nobo when you read this pm me or
something

hope maybe this clears this up some to every that wasnt there or inside mumble/my mind

Last edited by Clapon; 08-14-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
and kuja my dear dont be that way as you know you enjoy it and would love for me to drag this on as much as possible but idk so much work and id rather do other stuff on the interwebz
Old 08-14-2010, 08:49 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

lol altitude drama
Old 08-14-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
In place of the old bourgeois *ahem* Altitude society, with its classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all.

Another author for your trolling Boots
Old 08-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocat View Post
In place of the old bourgeois *ahem* Altitude society, with its classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all.
WORKERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE.

Wait what
Old 08-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguard View Post
I think it is ****ing hilarious.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:09 PM

So you guys want to mess with the guy that brought the ladder to the community? Why? The rules are too harsh? Without him you would not even have the ladder to begin with. Its his house and we have to abide by his rules. I don't know if you all missed the memo but the community, at large, is really really really stupid and so without an extremely structured/regulated environment ladder games would have no chance of even happening. He is not getting paid, hes doing something for the community and your ****ting all over it for what? Some forum "lulz"?

At first I would not have been in favor of perma bans but the fact that they are seemingly proud of their "accomplishments" and put forth an effort to mock even nobo further by means of the forums has led me to change my position. I just don't get it without him the ladder would not even be possible and hes the guy you try to make a joke out of?

Last edited by Kuja900; 08-14-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:56 PM

keep them all banned, forever. it's obvious they have no respect for the concept behind ladder or the people who run it.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
keep them all banned, forever. it's obvious they have no respect for the concept behind ladder or the people who run it.
can we ban rage bots who ruin ladder as well.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
So you guys want to mess with the guy that brought the ladder to the community? Why? The rules are too harsh? Without him you would not even have the ladder to begin with. Its his house and we have to abide by his rules. I don't know if you all missed the memo but the community, at large, is really really really stupid and so without an extremely structured/regulated environment ladder games would have no chance of even happening. He is not getting paid, hes doing something for the community and your ****ting all over it for what? Some forum "lulz"?

At first I would not have been in favor of perma bans but the fact that they are seemingly proud of their "accomplishments" and put forth an effort to mock even nobo further by means of the forums has led me to change my position. I just don't get it without him the ladder would not even be possible and hes the guy you try to make a joke out of?
A serious post by Kuja, I'm going blind, good post though. It's the mumble, people progressively get stupider as they frequent that place.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
A serious post by Kuja, I'm going blind, good post though. It's the mumble, people progressively get stupider as they frequent that place.
Hey, just because you don't like mumble doesn't mean it's a bad thing, and not all of us are as senseless as the morons that thought this up. Had I been on mumble at the time, I probably would have told clap, gene, et al that this was a terrible idea. I also would have ratted them out to nobo if they hadn't come to their senses (lobbies forever baby ).
Old 08-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
can we ban rage bots who ruin ladder as well.
i agree on this, the people who do it, know it.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurripilot View Post
Hey, just because you don't like mumble doesn't mean it's a bad thing, and not all of us are as senseless as the morons that thought this up. Had I been on mumble at the time, I probably would have told clap, gene, et al that this was a terrible idea. I also would have ratted them out to nobo if they hadn't come to their senses (lobbies forever baby ).
I did not say I don't like it, I just said, which as experience has shown, is true, that is that mumble makes people that are already balancing on the point of stupidity cross over. I'm fine with most mumble people I've talked to, although that's not many.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocat View Post

Another author for your trolling Boots
There is one gesture the Ladder Administrators can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace.
"Major General NobodyHome, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Ladder System and Altitude, if you seek success: Come here to Ladder! Mr. NobodyHome, reset Ladder!*Mr. NobodyHome, tear down these bans!

An addendum to the troll Devils.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:51 AM

putting the ladder servers back up is more important than a reset imo
Old 08-21-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:

kuja for prez imo TL : DR tho but i assume its some pretty standard gg type ****
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingbo View Post
kuja for prez imo TL : DR tho but i assume its some pretty standard gg type ****
If the substance of your post consists of an assumption about the content of a post that you didn't even read then why post anything at all? It would seem the only reason for a post like that one is to hear yourself talk.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
If the substance of your post consists of an assumption about the content of a post that you didn't even read then why post anything at all? It would seem the only reason for a post like that one is to hear yourself talk.
na to cheer kuja on ldo its moma bear and to bears familys important