Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:17 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Default official stance on smurfs?

j/w what the admins think about people playing on their smurf accounts in ladder

it's mostly nip and kuja that play on ladder on their smurfs, and it's not as big a deal for nip because his two accounts (this and this) this are only 200 points away in rating, but I feel like Kuja's two accounts (this and this) could cause some pretty serious ladder balance issues what with them being over 1000 points different.

I'm mostly wondering if I can play on my smurf when I don't feel like losing ladder points, can noobo or someone else of relative importance weigh in?
Old 09-18-2010, 01:50 AM

Oh wow, I did not even consider this. Bad smurfs! Asspiston does not approve!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:34 AM

Personally, I don't think it matters right now because ladder is in it's offseason and there is nothing at stake. Once ladder season 2 starts, rules regarding this will have to be layed out.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:59 AM

I have a lolaccount as well, but I do not use my "good" planes on it when playing ladder.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
I have a lolaccount as well, but I do not use my "good" planes on it when playing ladder.
>Implying you have good planes Trolltrolltrolltroll
Old 09-18-2010, 06:30 PM

Just for the sake of having an official stance, the fact is that we don't have an official stance... yet. I had a conversation with nobo about this a few days ago and our general agreement was that while smurf accounts are not explicitly prohibited, they are extremely frowned upon. One main reason for the lack of explicit prohibition is that it's difficult to identify smurf accounts. But with that said, the admins will be keeping VERY close watch on known smurf accounts. If there is ANY sign that the accounts are being used for suboptimal ladder experiences (mostly playing new/experimental plane configurations), they will be permabanned immediately with no appeal process.

If we come up with a better policy in the near future, someone will post it in the forums.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:23 PM

I was always unsure what to think of this so when i do use my spare acc i make it known its me so that people are aware with the thought if people dont like it then i'll stop!

I never use it to throw games at all and purely use it because I am not on my best form and dont wish that to reflect in my main account but everyooneee i know happens to be playing ladder so have nothing else to do!

nipnip =]

p.s. if admin ask me to not use it thats not a problem!
Old 09-18-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
Just for the sake of having an official stance, the fact is that we don't have an official stance... yet. I had a conversation with nobo about this a few days ago and our general agreement was that while smurf accounts are not explicitly prohibited, they are extremely frowned upon. One main reason for the lack of explicit prohibition is that it's difficult to identify smurf accounts. But with that said, the admins will be keeping VERY close watch on known smurf accounts. If there is ANY sign that the accounts are being used for suboptimal ladder experiences (mostly playing new/experimental plane configurations), they will be permabanned immediately with no appeal process.

If we come up with a better policy in the near future, someone will post it in the forums.

Ergo: I play two main planes acid, and laser. But I want to work on my trick in competitive play would that lead to a banning if I make a smurf to work on my trick and letting it settle to its own rating?
Old 09-19-2010, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
Ergo: I play two main planes acid, and laser. But I want to work on my trick in competitive play would that lead to a banning if I make a smurf to work on my trick and letting it settle to its own rating?

The copout answer would be for you to work on trick outside of ladder, such as in scrims/proleague. The ladder rating is meant to measure your all-inclusive skill level, not just your skill level with a particular setup. You can certainly argue that this logic limits you to just one plane setup, because any other configuration would be suboptimal for you. That's a topic that transcends just smurfing though, so I won't go there. Nevertheless, admins mostly have a good idea of how good people are. I believe we'll be somewhat lenient when dealing with people practicing other planes, provided they aren't completely ridiculous setups and that they're not completely dragging down the team because of it.

Also I'm not 100% sure on this, but the new rating system for ladder season 2 (shameless plug for nobo: it's coming soon) should alleviate this problem to a certain extent.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
The copout answer would be for you to work on trick outside of ladder, such as in scrims/proleague
As much as I have a spare acc I am willing to stop using if you like? for the 2nd ladder if your account were to be registered with your IP somehow that way regardless of which account is used it effects one account?!

nip
Old 09-19-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
As much as I have a spare acc I am willing to stop using if you like? for the 2nd ladder if your account were to be registered with your IP somehow that way regardless of which account is used it effects one account?!

nip

I don't know if we have the capability to bind accounts to IPs... I believe it would also cause problems with people who are roommates or housemates.

And yes, I would strongly suggest you not use your 2nd account for ladder purposes. Feel free to use it to cause grief in other servers.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:33 AM

Just to clarify my reasoning for playing on a 2nd account has nothing to do with griefing and I inform the entire room who I am, its no secret.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:44 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Just to clarify my reasoning for playing on a 2nd account has nothing to do with griefing and I inform the entire room who I am, its no secret.
okay, bustamante

>_>
Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 AM

Quote:
get that account somewhere even remotely close to your main account's rating and maybe i will believe that.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
get that account somewhere even remotely close to your main account's rating and maybe i will believe that.
I barely have any games played on it, give me a minute lol.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I barely have any games played on it, give me a minute lol.
<.< 80 games - 50% win - 1524 rating...
Old 09-19-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
<.< 80 games - 50% win - 1524 rating...
I had a bit of a rough start
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I had a bit of a rough start
Thought it was your loopy account

Last edited by CCN; 09-19-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
Thought it was your loopy account
No I play loopy just as much on my main.