Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:01 PM

Default Ping kick + server full

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I was playing ladder the other day (TBD) and got a surprise ping kick. My ping had been fine while I was speccing, but then it spiked for no apparent reason... ugh.

Anyhow, when I tried to rejoin the server someone had already taken the extra spot and the server was full. I tried a few times to get back in, but with no luck.

What should I do in a situation like this? My ping probably wouldn't have been a problem for the rest of the game, but I couldn't get back into the server...
Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naethy View Post
Hey, sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but I was playing ladder the other day (TBD) and got a surprise ping kick. My ping had been fine while I was speccing, but then it spiked for no apparent reason... ugh.

Anyhow, when I tried to rejoin the server someone had already taken the extra spot and the server was full. I tried a few times to get back in, but with no luck.

What should I do in a situation like this? My ping probably wouldn't have been a problem for the rest of the game, but I couldn't get back into the server...
If a tournament was started then you can always get back in whether or not there are the max number of people in the server. If a tournament wasn't started (i.e. it was just a game for fun or something was broken) then there's nothing you can really do unless you have friends in the server who can ask someone to leave. D
Old 09-20-2010, 10:37 PM

The game was probably broken (tournament did not auto-start because someone joined a team right after the vote passed). If it had not been, you would have been able to get back in regardless of whether the server was full or not, as mike said.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:07 AM

On top of this, I find it really annoying when this does happen (a random spike that kicks you) when you're in the Dojo, for example, at peak hours. A grace period of maybe a minute or so to get back into the server before it gives your spot away would be pretty cool.

Waiting 30 minutes to get into the 'main' servers once is enough for me.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
On top of this, I find it really annoying when this does happen (a random spike that kicks you) when you're in the Dojo, for example, at peak hours. A grace period of maybe a minute or so to get back into the server before it gives your spot away would be pretty cool.

Waiting 30 minutes to get into the 'main' servers once is enough for me.
plus one yo
Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 AM

yeah, must have been a glitch or something, because a tournament was started. Good to know that it shouldn't be a problem in theory though. Thanks for responses guys.