Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM

Default a monologue regarding dogfighter

I had the insipid pleasure of playing the dogfighter biplane in ball ladder this evening. It led me down an interesting road.

Here are my thoughts. Cherish them.

DOGFIGHTER // FLEXIBLE WINGS // TURBOCHARGER

Thought one: when you close on a plane, it often takes your full energy bar to kill them. You then stall out because you had to slow down to let your secondary do full damage. This leaves you even more vulnerable than other planes when they use their full load out. Several people have suggested making it easier to roll out of a stall in a biplane. I agree - especially for dogfighter.

Thought two: give dogfighter tracer rounds so it is easier to follow where exactly you are shooting. Make them visible only to the dogfighter, to maintain the annoying "what is shooting at me!?!?" effect on other planes.

Thought three: anything other than flexible wings feels absolutely painful to play on dogfighter. You are simply not agile enough to "dogfight" with mirandas and loopys. God help you if you get emp'd. Perhaps a mild mild increase in turning? This is the opinion of someone who thinks loopys need flexi wings to feel adequately fast. Take it with an ocean of salt.

Thought four: it was immense fun blowing other planes away with a burst from the dogfighter's secondary.

Thought five: a lot of people (myself included) have been saying that biplane needs a "unique" weapon, like the trick shot, emp, mines, etc...AoE nonsense or some such thing. After playing tonight, I can't really agree with that notion any longer. DOGFIGHTER (specifically) doesn't need to become more unique in that sense. It needs to become the loopy's jacked MMA fighter cousin. I scored a lot of goals with dogfighter. Increase its overall health, turning, damage, etc just a little bit, and what we may get is a viable contender to the loopy's throne as king of ball.

Note that I went 5-5 (.500) while playing dogfighter tonight, which is just a tad under my overall W/L %. http://www.altitudeladder.net/matchl...?id=418&mode=1 (see: Sept. 28)

This has been an independent study conducted by the {r87} Research Division. For hard copies or media appearance requests, please contact sunshineduck.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 AM

* Send Message
* User Lists

Last Activity: Today 02:56 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Thread a monologue regarding dogfighter

yessssssss
Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 AM

I knew it. I knew as soon as I saw your perks that you were going to post something about Dogfighter
Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM

Imma refreain from poastin here because i'll save my two pennies for the biplain is useless thread in the suggestions forums.