Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 AM

Default Altitude Mafia: Version 3

Attention loyal citizens of the altitude community: It has come to my understanding that Altitude Mafia 2 (originally created by Loli.ta then hijacked by Kuja), has failed completely. A lot of people were having fun with that-myself included- so after much consideration and after talking with my good friend sunshineduck, we have decided to revive Altitude Mafia!

This is not a continuation of the last game (which completely failed thanks to Kuja), this is instead a whole new game with new players. However i will be using the same rules and roles created by Loli/Kuja in the past game, the only difference this time is that Altitude Mafia: Version 3 won't completely fail and die off because of a [let's not be mean here] refusing to write the clues and continue the game.

So with that said, first 25 people to sign up will get to partake in this fun-filled, action-packed, adventure strategy!

Current Status: Day 5
----------------------------------------------
1. Smushface (Jack)
2. Ajuk999
3. Kuja900 (Silencer)
4. [Y]
5. [FN]MONXY FIST
6. Duck Duck Pwn (Vigilante)
7.DMCM
8. banana
9. MajorPayne257 (Suicide Bomber)
10. wolf'j'max
11. unbreak (Veteran)
12. Premier Stalin
13. Danielle
14. Massi (Detective)
15. Sean (Martyr)
16.shrode
17. ModernArcher
18. QUEEN ZOE (Mad Hatter)
19. York
20. DryBone
21. andy
22. Clapon (Paramedic)
23. lamsbro
24. Apathy
25. aggie

----------------------------------------------
7/20 Townies Alive
0/5 Mafia Alive
ALL MAFIA HAS DIED. THE TOWN HAS WON!

Last edited by Goose; 10-25-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:48 AM

Intro*:
Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town, each day will reveal clues pointing to such individuals allowing the town to analyze them and point fingers all they want. Its much like a game of poker because mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking. As many people sign up as you want and the game is balanced between a group of mafia and a large town with a variety of roles.

This mafia game works slightly different than the normal one (read: Mafia), so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night mafia will collectively decide on and send in their hits to me, who they want dead (its a good idea to discuss them during day so you know ahead of time). Any player with a special role that can act during night must PM me their actions each and every night.

During the day you will see the bloody death of many of your friends with a handful of clues left behind. Clues can be taken from anywhere, so long as I see it relating to the person they are intended for. This means posts, names, sigs, profiles, blogs, things related to names, etc. Emphasis on profile. Any player with a special role that can act during day must PM it to me so I can set it in motion. The whole town, including the mafia, will meet and discuss this turn of events and everyone will vote for who they want lynched that day.

If the mafia at any time outnumber the townspeople they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the mafia by interpreting clues and voting for them during the day. The goal of the mafia, of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision.

The game is typically very active and there are usually numerous walls of text to wade through. If you are not a person who likes reading then I highly suggest you don't play the game because it is essential to being informed within the game. I will not compensate for ignorance.

Rules: (they are all subject to change before the start of the game!)

General game rules:

1. Once you are dead you may not post anything at all. People not playing are advised not to post in the thread also. Moderators please help out with this where you can, if players insist on continuing to post I'll just ban them from playing the game again.
2. Try to keep posting mafia game related, the thread gets hard to read and annoying when there are 12 posts of spam per 1 post of actual content.
3. You must VOTE!

Voting rules, since people always need it spelled out.

1. You must post your vote in the thread. Do not PM or IM it to me.
2. You must clearly declare your vote ie: 'I vote for X'.
3. You can not autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You cannot vote for yourself or anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins over the other person.
6. You may abstain, but must let me know: ie: 'I abstain from voting'.

Signups: Post here to signup I will not take signups through PM or IM. This thread exists for a reason please use it. If I miss or forget your name politely remind me, this thread gets overwhelming sometimes and I may miss something. Remember what clues are based off of: If you don't have much information on the site or relating to you for me to access then don't blame me if people easily find out who you are by my clues.

There will be a limit of 25 players
5 of which will be mafia
7 will be blue townies
12 will be reg townies
1 will be silencer
(Subject to change)

Signups are OPEN
once rolls are distributed, first post will be posted shortly after and the game will begin
days will be 24-48 hours depending on voting, and night rolls have 24-36 hours to submit them to me.

Good luck all

-These are the mafia rules borrowed from the Team Liquid Mafia subforum I take no credit.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:49 AM

Roles (you will randomly be given a role via PM once the game starts!)

The Town:

Towny - You have no special powers! All you can do is participate in the game and vote.

Vigilante - You have the ability to kill up to two people of your choice at any night phase in the game. You cannot use both at once and may wait to use them whenever you feel like. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret. You must also wait until the second night of the game to act. If your hits ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day and you will be able to use it again. If your hit overlaps with another Vigilante I will cancel all other hits but the first one and will notify anyone who's hit didn't go through the following day and you will be able to use it again. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

Veteran - You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two night lives, meaning he must be hit by two attackers to kill him (much like having two paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you via PM the following day.

Detective - You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, twice a game, ask me what role a specific person has. And for the last ability twice per game, you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person or how many mafia did not vote (you cannot ask me how many mafia abstained). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Paramedic - You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (preferably before night even starts). You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved, but I will let the Paramedic and the person saved know if they were targeted and saved.

Mad Hatter - May lay bombs on one player per night (maximum 2). If he is killed he will throw the switch and detonate them, killing the players (if they aren't protected by extra night lives, paramedics, or bodyguards). He may remove them from players only after a day/night has gone by since adding it to that person, he is also restricted in he can only place his bombs once on any one person, ie if you pull a bomb off someone, you can never place on them again. If a person dies while a bomb is on them, you lose the bomb.

Jack - Of all trades, master of none. You may use up to 4 abilities from other roles in the game however you are restricted to the very same rules that apply to them when you use them. You may not use the same role in two consecutive day/night cycles in a row. The following roles you may use are: Vigilante, Detective, Paramedic, and Veteran. You may not use two in one day (ie: Detective during day, Paramedic during night). As Veteran once you lose a life it stays lost the next time you choose to use Veteran.

Martyr - a Townie that can sacrifice his or herself to save the life of another townie. At night this player can send me another player's name, and if that player dies that night or any other night after the Martyr dies instead. The player can change who they want to save any time during the night. This role can not save anyone from being lynched. If the Paramedic is watching the selected player OR the Martyr, the Martyr overrides it. The player will be notified if they were saved by The Martyr through PM.

The Mafia:

Mafia - Your Don wishes nothing but to take over the world, but first you must take care of your home town! You will know who your fellow mafia members are and get the ability to kill townies each night. You may not target mafia members, however. Mafia killing power will be decided once signups are closed.

Suicide Bomber: Has the ability to suicide into a person killing them regardless of whether or not they are a Veteran or protected by a Paramedic or martyr. If there are Paramedics protecting the targeted person and/or the Suicide Bomber then they die as well.

There are many roles not listed that may be used in future mafias, but for right now this is what we're working with.

The Silencer:
The silencer is a friend of the mafia, he does not know who they are, but agrees with their ideals, and wishes for them to destroy the town and in turn join them. He has the ability to choose one player to have silenced for one day/night cycle(this does not stop voting but your vote must be sent to me not posted in the vote thread, nor submitting night roles). This person if silenced MAY NOT TALK IN MAFIA THREAD or PM/EMAIL, or IRC about any mafia related manners to other players. If I catch you doing it, you will be mod killed. Also, If silencer is able to figure out half of the members of the mafia, and pm’s me them (they must be linked to code names given as well) He may then join the mafia. He may join faster if he is approached by Mafia leader(one mafia will have this designation from start, but outside of recruiting silencer and only silencer he has the same abilities as a regular mafia). Silencer is limited to 5 uses per game, and may only act after night 2.
If someone is silenced, I will announce it so no oneis waiting on that person for insight.
Again i stress, if you are silenced and discovered to be talking while silenced, I will modkill you regardless of your role.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:50 AM

Well at first it was that I was lazy but now that my comp got fried and I had to totally wipe its memory and in the process I might have sorta lost my master copy lol, besides the mafia I don't remember who was what bhahahah .
Old 10-08-2010, 04:51 AM

Also without me you would not have any such games at all and your calling me a "scumbag"? I have no obligation to run forum games and was trying to do something fun for the community.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 AM

Shut up Kuja, no one cares about you or anything you do.

But I'll play as long as Kuja has nothing to do with this version.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Also without me you would not have any such games at all and your calling me a "scumbag"? I have no obligation to run forum games and was trying to do something fun for the community.
so are you signing up or no?
Old 10-08-2010, 05:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

I know that whatever Goose puts his hand to, it's bound to be full of fun and some good times !

I'm in Goose.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Attention loyal citizens of the altitude community: It has come to my understanding that Altitude Mafia 2 (created by Kuja), has failed completely. A lot of people were having fun with that-myself included- so after much consideration and after talking with my good friend CCN, we have decided to revive Altitude Mafia!

This is not a continuation of the last game (which completely failed thanks to Kuja), this is instead a completely new game with new players. However i will be using the same rules and roles created by Kuja in the past game, the only difference this time is that Altitude Mafia: Version 3 won't completely fail and die off because of a lazy incompetent scumbag refusing to write the clues and continue the game.

So with that said, first 25 people to sign up will get to partake in this fun-filled, action-packed, adventure strategy!

1. Smushface
Quote:
so are you signing up or no?
Well sure I'll sign up if someone else wants to run it far be it from me to stop them, I just didn't appreciate being insulted for introducing this game to the community to begin with.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:25 AM

I'm in.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:30 AM

I am in

10chars
Old 10-08-2010, 05:32 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

oh hey, something related to altitude that I can actually play

in
Old 10-08-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Well at first it was that I was lazy but now that my comp got fried and I had to totally wipe its memory and in the process I might have sorta lost my master copy lol, besides the mafia I don't remember who was what bhahahah .
write it down =( So even if I had done that final clue it would of still died cuz all the shizzle got lost oh well ;(

Also someone else can take over running this with G00se pls, don't think I will have the consistency to make it a good game, sorry.

Last edited by CCN; 10-08-2010 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
write it down =(

Also someone else can take over running this with G00se pls, don't think I will have the consistency to make it a good game, sorry.
Kuja delegated one clue to me and yeah...
its ok CCN i understand, if you change your mind in the future u can rejoin my inner circle of clue devising and brainstorming
Old 10-08-2010, 06:07 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

screw it, I'll help you instead of playing

I'm not as good with words as you, but I'm better than a certain transgender in this community and I will literally have nothing better to do
Old 10-08-2010, 06:08 AM

however if you want to talk to me you will have to install skype

:<
Old 10-08-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
however if you want to talk to me you will have to install skype

:<
well considering how quickly u died last time, its probably a good idea if u helped with clues instead and yeah i have skype, but seriously u need to find a way to hax and play altitude in the next 2-3 days or im gonna cry
Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
well considering how quickly u died last time, its probably a good idea if u helped with clues instead and yeah i have skype, but seriously u need to find a way to hax and play altitude in the next 2-3 days or im gonna cry
I could drive home tomorrow and be able to play if we're desperate, but I'd rather save that trip for next weekend's APL (assuming beagle will let me play despite not knowing what salmoning is)

IT guy hasn't responded to my emails in a while, hopefully I can get something worked out :\
Old 10-08-2010, 06:31 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

in because i love mafia
Old 10-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

K I know that you all love bashing kuja but you guys still should be a tad more considerate. There's a very fine line of breaking the rules that you're bordering on so I suggest if you don't want to have mods have to start being mean you tone it down a bit. Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Let's try this again then

Sign me up
Old 10-08-2010, 01:14 PM

Sign meee up please
Old 10-08-2010, 06:38 PM

I suppose I'll give this round a try
Old 10-08-2010, 06:39 PM

i'm in

yay 10mafiachars
Old 10-08-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
K I know that you all love bashing kuja but you guys still should be a tad more considerate. There's a very fine line of breaking the rules that you're bordering on so I suggest if you don't want to have mods have to start being mean you tone it down a bit. Thanks
lol! 1234567
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 PM

I wanna play but give me a good role this time. I don't want to be a town member again.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:08 PM

Sign me up
Old 10-08-2010, 11:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

I'll play.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:08 AM

I am so playing again.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:02 AM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

Iplayiplayiplaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! !!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:09 AM

10 spots left!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:47 AM

hey girl hey

in other words, im in.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:35 AM

ima do it!
sign me up ;D
Old 10-09-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
18. QUEEN ZOE
forum revolution
Old 10-09-2010, 02:59 PM

yes please, ill play
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DryBone

Thx for informing me goose! i'll play
Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM

If you'd like, I can be a vote tallier like I was in the previous Mafia games.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Im in fosho
Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Sign me up! TY
Old 10-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
If you'd like, I can be a vote tallier like I was in the previous Mafia games.
Sure, that would be helpful! also thank you for 1st introducing mafia to these forums. It's great that you decided to bring something fun to the community, even though you had no obligation to do so

4 SPOTS LEFT