Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:08 AM

Once all night actions are submitted i'll transition as soon as possible.. Could potentially be later tonight, but most likely sometime tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Guys...I'm not the mafia...

Oh lawd this game is so much fun.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:31 PM

Next game phase will be posted between 11:30-12:00AM PST (which is 2:30-3:00PM EST/ not sure the exact GMT conversion, you will have to calculate that yourself)

This means that anyone with roles has up till 10:30AM PST/1:30PM EST to submit their actions or change any existing actions before everything is locked in and the transition begins.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Mad Hatter put bombs on Drybone and Lamsbro as a last resort insurance. If I die, you'll know who to lynch.
Quoted in case he missed it.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Quoted in case he missed it.
Lamsbro isn't mafia. It's Sean or DMCM I think. I do agree with Drybone.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM

No I'm sure I'm right. All that's left to do before claiming victory is to find the silencer (which I suspect is Kuja). Detective PM me if you find out who.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:08 PM

Ya I'm pretty certain Lamsbro isn't mafia. PM me why you think he is. Either Kuja or Banana is the Silencer. Let me know if you find that out too.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:50 PM

Day 4:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Y] was in his living room practicing yoga to relieve some of the stress he was feeling, as the town remained overwhelmed by the threat of the Mafia…As he was stretching himself out using advanced yoga techniques such as the ‘One-Legged-King-Pigeon pose’ and the ‘Half-Lord-of-the-Fishes pose’, he heard his backdoor slowly creak open. Startled, he scampered to the kitchen and grabbed a knife off the counter to arm himself as he inched down the hallway to investigate…

“Who’s out there?! You Mafia scum better leave me alone! I’m well trained in Tai Chi and know how to defend myself, you better get out of here!” shouted [Y] down the hall, as he made his way through the house. As he reached the back door, he carefully looked around and waited for his attacker, prepared to strike at any moment. After a few minutes of dead silence however, his fears became alleviated, and he closed the door and headed back to finish his exercise regimen…

“Guess it was just the wind…” he muttered under his breath, as he put the knife back in the kitchen and walked into the living room planning to wrap up his workout with a ‘Downward-Facing-Dog pose’. As he stepped through the doorway he gasped in horror, looking up to see a grotesque freak of a man wearing all black standing in the middle of the room. The psychotic figure took a few steps forward, as the gleam of a French horn attached to his side flickered through the shadows…

Sonny Asiago laughed demonically as [Y] pathetically peed his tight fitting yoga pants in fear.. “Let’s see if you are familiar with this yoga position.. I like to call it the Human Pretzel!” he bellowed like a maniac, as he lunged forward and grabbed him with his massive hands, which were covered in a white powdery substance. He contorted [Y] into a ball, forcing his limbs to invert and bend beyond the realm of human possibility, as his bones snapped like twigs. The painful screams of [Y] were finally stopped cold, when Sonny barbarically twisted his back, causing his spinal cord to shatter into pieces.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After partying all night at Captain Winky’s male-strip club in downtown Altitudetropolis, QUEEN ZOE returned to her castle intent on getting a good nights sleep. She made her way up the steps to her royal palace, and was putting away her jewelry when she accidentally knocked over a Fabergé egg on her dresser. When she picked it up and put it back in its place, she saw the glare of two red eyes menacing at her through the mirror…

Tommy Gorgonzola sat in the Queen’s throne, skillfully rotating a switchblade in his hand as the knife rapidly flicked through his fingers. He stared at QUEEN ZOE with a lifeless expression, as she turned around to face him. “You know..me and my Mafia buddies have been thinking..it’s about time your sovereign empire is ended, and a new order of succession begins.”, he uttered softly.

QUEEN ZOE sat their stoic and calm, showing no fear as she sighed. “I had a feeling this day would come. Very well then, do as you must, however I am certain your reign of power in this city will be short lived.”, she responded distinctly, as she closed her eyes and removed her crown, handing it over. Tommy Gorgonzola placed it on his head as he stepped forth smirking, “I admire your bravery in the face of death Your Majesty!”, as he plunged the sharp blade of his knife into her heart.

Moments from dying, QUEEN ZOE looked up smiling while laughing heartily, “Long live the Queen!” she shouted with the last remaining strength in her voice, as Tommy Gorgonzola stood their dumbfounded. He looked in the mirror at the gem encrusted crown resting on his head, as a ruby in the center of it began flashing a red light and making a strange beeping noise. Puzzled, he stood their motionless as the beeping became louder and accelerated. By the time he figured out what was going on it was too late.

“Oh sh-!”, as his voice was promptly drowned out by the ferocious explosion that consumed the room. Everything within a half mile radius had just been obliterated, and all that remained was a miniature mushroom cloud. DryBone had died.

Hearing a thunderous boom in the distance, Vincenzo Provolone looked up to see a blazing inferno where QUEEN ZOE’s 500,000 square foot castle used to reside. He dropped to his knees and began to cry uncontrollably, as the realization sunk in that his best friend Tommy had died. With his hatred of the citizens of Altitudetropolis at an all time high, Vincenzo vowed to go into the residential area of the city and kill the first person he saw. However, looking down at the heart shaped best-friends-forever pendant around his neck that held the smiling pictures of both him and Tommy, he realized that he did not want to walk another day on this earth if his B.F.F would no longer be a part of his life. Strapping C4 to his chest with duct tape, he ran through the streets of the town looking for prey, sobbing incoherently while he reminisced of the good times Tommy and him had shared over the years. Spotting York through the window of a gym, Vincenzo sprinted as fast as he could toward him, wailing like a banshee as he clutched the bomb detonator tightly in his fist…

Sean had just walked around the corner headed to church, when he turned to see Vincenzo running like a madman with bombs strapped around his waist. Noticing he was on a collision course with an unsuspecting York (who was too busy drooling over his 6 pack abs in front of a mirror to notice the danger he was in), Sean acted without hesitation. Charging full speed to intercept the path of Vincenzo, he ran forward and channeled all his energy to propel himself through the air as he dove at his target…

“Noooooooooooooooooooo!” echoed Sean’s voice, as he leaped through the air and time seemed to move in slow motion. He tackled Vincenzo to the ground, moments before he was about to detonate himself.. “He has a bomb! Get out of the way!” Sean shouted at York, who turned to them with a cheerful grin...

"You ever wonder why I look so good? You ever think what motivates York to sculpt his body into rock hard, cut granite? I'm a wild animal, man! Underneath these rock hard abs and biceps of steel, lurks the beast, bro!", York rambled on enthusiastically, completely unaware of what was going on, as Sean just stared at him in bewilderment. Seconds later, Vincenzo discharged the explosives, erupting into a giant fireball as all three of them were blown to pieces. MajorPayne257 had died.

-Smushface has been silenced!

*Mafia Clues are in PINK*

You may cast your votes to lynch someone now

Last edited by Goose; 10-20-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:53 PM

Current Status: Day 4
----------------------------------------------
1. Smushface *currently silenced*
2. Ajuk999
3. Kuja900
4. [Y]
5. [FN]MONXY FIST
6. Duck Duck Pwn
7. DMCM
8. banana
9. MajorPayne257 (Suicide Bomber)
10. wolf'j'max
11. unbreak
12. Premier Stalin
13. Danielle
14. Massi
15. Sean (Martyr)
16.shrode
17. ModernArcher
18. QUEEN ZOE (Mad Hatter)
19. York
20. DryBone
21. andy
22. Clapon (Paramedic)
23. lamsbro
24. Apathy
25. aggie

----------------------------------------------
9/20 Townies Alive
1/5 Mafia Alive
MAFIA KILLING POWER = 1

Last edited by Goose; 10-20-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

You're doing a great job with this game Goose - even though I'm not part of it I love seeing your clues and stories behind the people. Can't wait to see if the townies manage to win or not
Old 10-20-2010, 09:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

*cheers from graveyard*
Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Tough clues tonight nothing at all is jumping out to me immedietly. When I get home tonight I will be busting out the google and doing some research. I know I ****ed up with the misled bandwagon against Stalin so I will be putting in a lot of time and do my very best to make up for it.

edit: props to queen zoe, not enough attention was given to the drinking clue and she went with her gut and scored big for the town.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:24 PM

Oh. My. God. That was...so epic Goose. I literally burst out laughing in my Statistics class during his lecture, oops.

Good games guys, that was fun. Cya in Mafia 4.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:45 PM

ATTENTION: I made a minor mistake and have to re-edit some stuff about Day 4, as i forgot to apply the rule in which the Suicide Bomber kills you regardless if you are protected by the Martyr or not.. Will post the updates in 10-15 minutes or so. Sorry for the mix up...

EDIT: Updated original Day 4 post with the changes. Everything is the same except York dies also, since the Suicide Bomber overrides protection from the Martyr, therefore killing both.

Last edited by Goose; 10-20-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:07 AM

Ok operating under the easy assumption that the white powder on his hands is a drug reference I finally found something post worthy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMCM

At this point in time this is my strongest match. It induces panic which may mean the "psychotic" portion of the clue is important.

edit: I think I am voting for dmcm until I see more evidence for someone else.

Last edited by Kuja900; 10-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:32 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Lynch Kuja900

Obvious silencer is obvious; in-game actions > hunches off of clues
Old 10-21-2010, 02:34 AM

The silencer has not joined the mafia so there are no clues for them. For them not to at this point they are most likely inactive. I went with my gut on clue solving and got tricked by a fake pm, **** happens.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
The silencer has not joined the mafia so there are no clues for them. For them not to at this point they are most likely inactive. I went with my gut on clue solving and got tricked by a fake pm, **** happens.
Whose? Screenshots asap. I have my own.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:36 AM

It was from drybone making me look like a newb.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:50 AM

15 minutes later and no proof...
Old 10-21-2010, 02:51 AM

Posting PMs is against the rules.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose
Rules: (they are all subject to change before the start of the game!)

General game rules:

1. Once you are dead you may not post anything at all. People not playing are advised not to post in the thread also. Moderators please help out with this where you can, if players insist on continuing to post I'll just ban them from playing the game again.
2. Try to keep posting mafia game related, the thread gets hard to read and annoying when there are 12 posts of spam per 1 post of actual content.
3. You must VOTE!

Voting rules, since people always need it spelled out.

1. You must post your vote in the thread. Do not PM or IM it to me.
2. You must clearly declare your vote ie: 'I vote for X'.
3. You can not autochange your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4. You cannot vote for yourself or anyone dead or outside the game.
5. In the event of a tie the person with the most votes first wins over the other person.
6. You may abstain, but must let me know: ie: 'I abstain from voting'.
I see no mention of posting PMs
Old 10-21-2010, 03:23 AM

The actual forum rules, not the game ones. I got infracted for it few weeks ago.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:34 AM

Touche', although in this context that rule is really lame =.=
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 PM

Well when I was making the rules the reason that was not included was that it was already mentioned in the forum rules lol.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:37 PM

I have a new theory that involves the french horn. Googling "Massi" this recording artist is one of the first hits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souad_Massi

Her career in music (horn) began in Paris (french)= french horn

Last edited by Kuja900; 10-21-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 PM

Location: The quote above is from Kahlil Gibran; it's currently my favorite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
I have a new theory that involves the french horn. Googling "Massi" this recording artist is one of the first hits:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souad_Massi

Her career in music (horn) began in Paris (french)= french horn

I vote for Massi
I have been oddly obsessed with the French horn clue, looking for a connection....to me that's a bigger stretch than your DCMC white powder connection.

Your odd hunches make me suspicious!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm just posting whatever I come up with I fully acknowledge the fact my 2 clue interps so far aren't very strong.

edit: I retracted my vote for massi as I am not sure enough yet.

Last edited by Kuja900; 10-21-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:47 PM

So none of the previous clues refer to this new guy then?
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 PM

There is one clue in previous lists referring to him I believe, I have to go now but I will fish it out later if no one else does while I am gone.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:48 PM

Day 1 referenced a sniper with a cow tattoo on his forehead (no name)

Day 2 referenced Vincenzo Provolone

Day 3 referenced Vincenzo Provolone and Tommy Gorgonzola

Day 4 referenced Sonny Asiago

I don't think there are other clues for Sonny....
Please correct me if I missed something!
Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 AM

Ach I think your right.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

Please no graveposting - I will have to delete it =(
Old 10-23-2010, 05:58 AM

Remember you guys can pick someone to lynch in case you were wondering.. Just post your votes in this thread when you feel like it. Thanx
Old 10-23-2010, 06:50 AM

I am not really getting anywhere with the clues.

I vote DMCM
Old 10-23-2010, 10:16 AM

I really have no idea.
I'll vote DMCM just to get the game going >.>
Old 10-23-2010, 03:09 PM

I Abstain from voting.
No good clues, so better not to kill an innocent townie like DMCM.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

I vote DMCM.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:20 PM

I vote DMCM
Old 10-23-2010, 10:37 PM

Well, I alraedy proved to a group of townies what my role is, so you can start looking among those who vote to lynch me to find the last mafia.