Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaku View Post
Sure, no problem. The information you're after is in ... oh look behind you! A three-headed monkey in Barbra Streisand's house!
Damn, I'm a sucker for Secret of Monkey Island references. I already forgot what we were talking about.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:27 PM

imo Croatian players are beast.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM

Oh sweat, arr strats on teh tubez. Thx 4 brining 2 mah ttention.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:58 PM

We have strats? Oo
Old 11-08-2010, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
We have strats? Oo
I always thought that you were more of a telecaster guys, but according to suna, you all have strats...
Old 11-08-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlopes View Post
I always thought that you were more of a telecaster guys, but according to suna, you all have strats...
According to suna the max amount of points you can get if you win isn't fourteen so I wouldn't trust anything he says.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreak View Post
According to suna the max amount of points you can get if you win isn't fourteen so I wouldn't trust anything he says.
I don't trust anything I say either. Nonetheless, I demand bonus points for the hurt this remark caused to the feelings I may or may not have.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Default FC vs. ///tV0

Hello everyone,

As I said in my earlier post, I couldn’t attend the FC vs. ///tV0 game on Sunday, so I needed to gather information from both sides, and the referee before making a decision. I talked to members of FC (Erratic, mue7z3, Manive, bkon and Joaquin) and members of ///tV0 (tmic, unbreakable and Val). I also sent a PM to {arr}Wyrd, the referee of the game, to which I haven’t received an answer yet, but his post can be read regarding the game.

Noone from the above people denied that at 6:15pm GMT, 15 minutes after the scheduled time, 5 players were on the correct server (8-ball’s server) from FC and only 4 from ///tV0. Knowing this, FC has the right to take the win without playing the game.

Our vice-captain, Erratic, having consulted with the others on the team, made his decision, which was not to play the game - which, as I said, is completely acceptable according to the rules.

I want to emphasise that ///tV0 members’ unacceptable behaviour played a big part in this decision. By unacceptable I mean being disrespectful and insulting our team as a whole. I believe that I speak for the whole community of the EU League when I say that we do not want to play in an atmosphere like that.

Although a penalty should be issued to ///tV0, we refrain from taking actions this time. tmic and unbreakable ensured me that they will step up against inappropriate behaviour of their members on future events. I’d like to ask them not to forget this promise.

Finally, this is FC’s decision regarding the FC vs. ///tV0 game: We will not take any points for this forfeit win, and we would like if the game got rescheduled on the spare week, starting at December 1st.

I’d like to ask -={8}=- Dougie to answer to this post and give his approval.

Peter
on behalf of the Football Club
Old 11-09-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakospeter91 View Post

Finally, this is FC’s decision regarding the FC vs. ///tV0 game: We will not take any points for this forfeit win, and we would like if the game got rescheduled on the spare week, starting at December 1st.

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
In my opinion FC deserves bonus points for great sportsmanship.
I couldn't agree more.

-J
Old 11-09-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Hello everyone,

As I said in my earlier post, I couldn’t attend the FC vs. ///tV0 game on Sunday, so I needed to gather information from both sides, and the referee before making a decision. I talked to members of FC (Erratic, mue7z3, Manive, bkon and Joaquin) and members of ///tV0 (tmic, unbreakable and Val). I also sent a PM to {arr}Wyrd, the referee of the game, to which I haven’t received an answer yet, but his post can be read regarding the game.

Noone from the above people denied that at 6:15pm GMT, 15 minutes after the scheduled time, 5 players were on the correct server (8-ball’s server) from FC and only 4 from ///tV0. Knowing this, FC has the right to take the win without playing the game.

Our vice-captain, Erratic, having consulted with the others on the team, made his decision, which was not to play the game - which, as I said, is completely acceptable according to the rules.

I want to emphasise that ///tV0 members’ unacceptable behaviour played a big part in this decision. By unacceptable I mean being disrespectful and insulting our team as a whole. I believe that I speak for the whole community of the EU League when I say that we do not want to play in an atmosphere like that.

Although a penalty should be issued to ///tV0, we refrain from taking actions this time. tmic and unbreakable ensured me that they will step up against inappropriate behaviour of their members on future events. I’d like to ask them not to forget this promise.

Peter
Peter,

Firstly, thank you very much for agreeing to reschedule the match. I can appreciate that the mistake made by tvo with daylight savings was an easy one to make. I was however prepared to continue to offer the 9 points to [FC] after giving it some thought. But I have setup the spare week for the eventuality of a match being postponed, and I hope that we can still see this match happen. If both [FC] and ///tVo are happy to play this game before Game week 5, please notify me so i can assign a referee for the game.

The 15 minutes rule is taken straight from skyleague, and if this were a skyleague match there would be no replay. [FC] were well within their rights to claim a default win, but I would encourage teams in the future to be lenient and attempt to complete matches where possible.

As an addition to the current rules, I will include a further rule regarding match rescheduling.

"Once a match has been scheduled, it can be postponed by either team up until 24 hours before and can be set for a reschedule (with the exception of the matches in Game Week 6). Within the 24 hour period, both teams must agree to a reschedule, or a forfeit can be claimed by the opposing team. A forfeit will result in 9 points awarded for a win, 0 points for the loss. Games and goals will not be added for a forfeit.

If a reschedule is agreed on, please inform me by posting on the forum thread or email me."
Old 11-10-2010, 11:28 AM

We didn't insult any of FC players.. We came with offers like 4vs5 - 4 vs 6.
They didn't directly answere on that, only talking about rules. There only qeustion was.. How many time left for a forfeit win?.

In my opinion this game is about playing/winning games.. not winning on paper without playing.. right?

So thanks for reschuling this match

-Tominator
Old 11-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
i want to emphasise that ///tv0 members’ unacceptable behaviour played a big part in this decision. By unacceptable i mean being disrespectful and insulting our team as a whole.
I would like to say that in no case we were "disrespectful" or "insulting" !
Review the meaning of these words ! Saying "4v5 sounds fair" (like, I admit, we did) or something like that, is not a reason to describe us as "disrespectful".

This is just a game and, in my opinion, "teasing" each other is not that bad.

Otherwise, thanks for rescheduling.
Val.

Sorry if my english is bad
Old 11-10-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil View Post
I would like to say that in no case we were "disrespectful" or "insulting" !
Some of you were. Okay maybe one person in particular, but that didn't help the mood, which in turn gave probably very acceptable teasing a nasty tone as well, Val.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some chatlog excerpts
[19:19] //tVo.Tomi: feels like FC is scared to play vs us or what?
[19:19] ///tVo.Yossarian.: then FC is bs
[19:19] ///tVo.Considered: 4v6 dont be scared

[19:20] ///tVo.Yossarian.: its the alti league nazi

[19:21] ///tVo.Yossarian.: i mean unlike FC all our members are literate

[19:26] ///tVo.Yossarian.: omg dont be such aholes
To be fair, some FC people weren't very polite either, telling tvo to learn to read repeatedly. On the whole though, tvo being the team failing to come up with 5 players and then just about demanding a 4 v 5 match (or variations) was in poor style.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:17 PM

Will both teams mind if we let this matter slide for now? I think its pretty obvious that both teams had their differences here and rather than let this discussion continue to boil I would rather see it end now.

I will update the fixture list to move the postponed game to Game week 5. Any further news on the timing of =AIR= v {arr} yet? If I haven't heard anything by this evening, it will be automatically scheduled for saturday.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
Any further news on the timing of =AIR= v {arr} yet? If I haven't heard anything by this evening, it will be automatically scheduled for saturday.
It's still in discussion as our common ground seems limited. At this point it will either be Saturday 6pm or Tuesday 8pm GMT. Either way it will be decided tonight, willingly that is.

Edit : It's gonna be Tuesday the 16th at 8pm GMT.

Last edited by Sunaku; 11-10-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Default FC V {8} Score

FC V {8}

Game 1, Core: FC 6 - {8} 3

Game 2, Planepark FC 0 - {8} 6

Game 3, Mayhem2 FC 2 - {8} 6
Old 11-14-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
FC V {8}
Game 1, Core: FC 6 - {8} 3
Game 2, Planepark FC 0 - {8} 6
Game 3, Mayhem2 FC 2 - {8} 6
Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v19s3g9ONrw
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhYvBuy7go
Game 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwSHXnpkD7M

I used built-in screen recording in QuickTime Player and then did some small postprocessing using iMovie. I'm quite surprised how good it worked. Enjoy. (If anyone knows how to fixed that initial wrong picture, let me know please)
Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 PM

thanks for the videos, I'll add them onto the main site soon with guitars of last weeks match.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 AM

Send a message via MSN to SPeciaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
thanks for the videos, I'll add them onto the main site soon with GUI.tar's of last weeks match.
Fixed, You mean GUI.tar right? or fail fixing?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM

Here is one suggested improvement: Let's use one specific server for all remaining matches with like 40 free slots, so that everyone can get in. All referees and clan captains/cocaptains should be admins there. Also start/stop tourneys and change maps should be voteable to everyone.

We had problem finding good server today because AIR had like 12 players, and ARR another 10. It's hard to fit so many players + referees + some random spectators to any server at the moment. Even after we agreed on arr private server, we had to do some leave/join gymnastics :-( And lakospeter missed the match altogether as server was full (he wanted to record videos, now we have no recordings afaik).

Last edited by cipso; 11-16-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:24 PM

=AIR= vs [arr] Match has ended with following results:

Map1 - Asteroids: Air:6 Arr:3
<<Apologies; For some reason it seems that either Fraps or me failed to produce a screenshot>>

Map2 - Darkwar: Air:2 Arr:6
http://img264.imageshack.us/i/altitu...162146055.jpg/

Map3 - Grotto: Air:6 Arr:3
http://img252.imageshack.us/i/altitu...162209367.jpg/

All games were played on [arr] private server.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:04 PM

Thanks for the updates on the scores, I will sort out the tables tomorrow (don't have access to the excel sheet this evening!).

With regards to Cipso's comments, I could do this with my server, but unfortunately, I just don't think its stable enough to host these matches. I think CCN started a thread up about hosting larger servers with more spectator places for the future: http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4960

obviously this is for US based servers, and will be more appropriate for skyleague season 3!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:46 PM

Default server

We can share eight-ball server for tourney... If all agree, this is a good idea regarding pings and other stuff, than it can be done.

I think it's good enough if we put one leader per clan for admin and basically already anything can be voted for.

Regards,
Seadog
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gontar View Post
=AIR= vs [arr] Match has ended with following results:

Map1 - Asteroids: Air:6 Arr:3
<<Apologies; For some reason it seems that either Fraps or me failed to produce a screenshot>>

Map2 - Darkwar: Air:2 Arr:6
http://img264.imageshack.us/i/altitu...162146055.jpg/

Map3 - Grotto: Air:6 Arr:3
http://img252.imageshack.us/i/altitu...162209367.jpg/

All games were played on [arr] private server.
Me comes to the rescue.
Fortunately I have screenshots. I may use them at will.
Asteroids

Old 11-16-2010, 11:10 PM

And here are the remaining ones (sorry, for some reason I can only use 4 images per post):

Darkwar

Grotto

Old 11-17-2010, 12:01 AM

Thanks alot for the auxiliary screenshots
Old 11-17-2010, 04:11 AM

Great job guys, great job! Go =AIR= !
Old 11-17-2010, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipso View Post
Here is one suggested improvement: Let's use one specific server for all remaining matches with like 40 free slots, so that everyone can get in. All referees and clan captains/cocaptains should be admins there. Also start/stop tourneys and change maps should be voteable to everyone.

We had problem finding good server today because AIR had like 12 players, and ARR another 10. It's hard to fit so many players + referees + some random spectators to any server at the moment. Even after we agreed on arr private server, we had to do some leave/join gymnastics :-( And lakospeter missed the match altogether as server was full (he wanted to record videos, now we have no recordings afaik).
I bought/upgrade our =AIR= Private Server to 40 slots today!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeciaL View Post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Epic!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

yeah EPIC!!! ........ ......... .........
Old 11-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Default Air vs. FC

The Air vs. FC game's scheduled time is Tuesday (November 23rd) 7:30pm GMT.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeciaL View Post
Great! This may come handy for future matches.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Quote:
The Air vs. FC game's scheduled time is Tuesday (November 23rd) 7:30pm GMT.
lol, another game I'm gonna miss
I haven't been able to make it to many of the games so far!
Nevertheless, thanks for letting me know, will update the front page in a minute!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Dougie, I was looking over the score table and found some discrepancies in the goals totals. Armed with the latest in abacus technology, I'm coming to different results in those two cases :
{arr} won 4 games so 24 goals for, plus two 3-6 losses which should give a total of 24+3+3=30 goals for, not 26.
=Air= won 2 games with a 6-3 score so 3+3=6 goals against, plus one loss which should give a total of 6+6=12 against, not 8.
I think somewhere 4 goals escaped.

So where does the truth lie here, shall my maths' detractors be bound to public apologies, or should I quickly replace this post with a lolcat picture ?
Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 PM

Default sky league

Hey, what happens now when sky league is due to start...
Old 11-18-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaku View Post
Dougie, I was looking over the score table and found some discrepancies in the goals totals. Armed with the latest in abacus technology, I'm coming to different results in those two cases :
{arr} won 4 games so 24 goals for, plus two 3-6 losses which should give a total of 24+3+3=30 goals for, not 26.
=Air= won 2 games with a 6-3 score so 3+3=6 goals against, plus one loss which should give a total of 6+6=12 against, not 8.
I think somewhere 4 goals escaped.

So where does the truth lie here, shall my maths' detractors be bound to public apologies, or should I quickly replace this post with a lolcat picture ?
You're quite right, I've miscounted the goals from the air v arr match! I'll correct the table on saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Hey, what happens now when sky league is due to start...
As i stated on the opening comment, any SL matches have priority over this competition. SL3 isn't set to start until after Game week 6 though i think!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 PM

Default ///tV0 vs. -={8}=- results

Although you were there, Dougie, I post the results of the ///tV0 vs. -={8}=- game here just to be official.

Game 1, mayhem2: ///tV0 6 - -={8}=- 4
Game 2, darkwar: ///tV0 6 - -={8}=- 1
Game 3, planepark: ///tV0 6 - -={8}=- 4

Screenshots:

Game1:
http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5...01121at830.png
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5...01121at830.png

Game2:
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1...01121at836.png
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/1...01121at836.png

Game3:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/787...01121at852.png
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7...01121at852.png
Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 PM

Updated the league table (and this time, I hope I've got it correct)
tVo move straight into 2nd position after their 1st match having won more games than 8ball in the league.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM

Air versus FC results

Game 1 Asteroids: Air 6, FC 2.
Game 2 Labyrinth: Air 6, FC 1
Game 3 Grotto: Air 6, FC 0. (bonus point for Air)
Old 11-24-2010, 05:06 AM

Great job teammates! GO =AIR= !