Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:02 PM

Default Remote mine is bad?

Well I was just playing around with this perk and it seems to do quite well. Its much more effective when people are chasing you, cus anyone good can dodge regular mines. You cant spam mines everywhere, but that is really not effective anyways.

Basically, regular mines give you more map control but remotes are better for dog fighting. The annoying thing is that it comes with director and director stalls u if u shoot it close. I duno if thats really balanced cus thermo doesn't affect u in any way.

Everyone was saying remote is useless so I never tried it until now but its not too bad actually. Maybe I was just playing against noobs lol.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameguard View Post
Well I was just playing around with this perk and it seems to do quite well. Its much more effective when people are chasing you, cus anyone good can dodge regular mines. You cant spam mines everywhere, but that is really not effective anyways.

Basically, regular mines give you more map control but remotes are better for dog fighting. The annoying thing is that it comes with director and director stalls u if u shoot it close. I duno if thats really balanced cus thermo doesn't affect u in any way.

Everyone was saying remote is useless so I never tried it until now but its not too bad actually. Maybe I was just playing against noobs lol.
Everyone knows remote mines kick ass. Some of the vets just like to make fun of it, fondly. It is like how kids flirt.

I do like twice as good when I'm using remote mine as opposed to any other plane/perk combo. Anyone who sucks at it just hasn't mastered coordinating paying attention to both who is near your remote mine and who is near your rocket. The X Esplodet is not a point-and-shoot plane. Frankly, I find normal mines super boring and non-interactive to play, and so easy to fly close to yet still avoid.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:47 PM

Fun: planting a remote on a team bomb spawn and sending three demo loopy campers to Heaven.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think remote mine is WEAK exactly (especially not in the current game environment, altho I could see it being pretty crappy vs good players), but it sure is uninteresting as hell.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:38 PM

actually it works better against better players since better players dont run into regular mines unless u drop it right on top of them. At least thats what i think. Idealy, you want to place it right into their path, or on top of them if they are close enough, but its not always posible to shift your butt to drop it on top of them. They could still dodge it though, but with remote u can detonate it slightly in front of them and itll stop them in their tracks. Sometimes people try to go around the mines and u blow them into a wall haha.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:44 PM

I for one don't play explote without it.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
I don't think remote mine is WEAK exactly (especially not in the current game environment, altho I could see it being pretty crappy vs good players), but it sure is uninteresting as hell.
Pretty much this. I think it was substantially improved over a patch or two around march to the point where people can viably use it. Before that, all ridicule was deserved.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:13 PM

remote mine sucks.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:15 PM

how was it improved? damage wise? or AOE range? Maybe it can reach farther cus the explosion range is not bad

also, one of the best things about it is remote > shields hehehe
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 PM

It's at that weird spot where it needs to be bigger/better/unique to be viable left out in the open, but if it gets any more powerful it's too good in close dogfighting.

There's a thread with a lot of suggestions (mace-and-chain, defense satellites, etc.) and I still think some of them should be tried at some point - not right now.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triped View Post
Fun: planting a remote on a team bomb spawn and sending three demo loopy campers to Heaven.
nice.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:42 AM

Send a message via AIM to Pestilence

If you're annoyed by bomb camping you could always pull out a biplane and machine gun hover on the spawn. It really, truly annoys the new players who have to make inelegant loops and can steal their fun a fair percentage of the time.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
If you're annoyed by bomb camping you could always pull out a biplane and machine gun hover on the spawn. It really, truly annoys the new players who have to make inelegant loops and can steal their fun a fair percentage of the time.
Reverse thruster confuse them even more...

Remote mines are definitely the best perk for the Explodet. The AoE is large enough to smack pesky Loopys into walls, and killing Mirandas from beyond the grave is incredibly satisfying.