Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM

Default Forum section for fan-art \ clan-art request etc.

What about a section for this here on the forum?

Thought about it while fiddling around with my own sig.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Welcome to the Altitude Forums!

As a graphic-designer myself, I must say I really like the above graphic!

I am for having a section for fan-art and wallpapers as well!

But I have two dissapointments for you:

1) I don't think there is enough demand or supply for a forum dedicated to fan art/wallpapers, etc. (who knows I could be wrong and the devs could be for this)

2) These forums do not allow signatures - but you can join the bandwagon of us who want to see them allowed!

EDIT: Be sure to check out the Official Press Image Kit

Last edited by Ajuk999; 11-01-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

why not just make a thread for it?
Old 11-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post
1) I don't think there is enough demand or supply for a forum dedicated to fan art/wallpapers, etc. (who knows I could be wrong and the devs could be for this)
We generally see the same 3-4 people contributing to these threads and not a lot of interest beyond that. That being said, if this thread does get a lot of interest, it might point to a need for more than just a thread.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 PM

wow, i really like that image/title you created. Nice work.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM

Thanks guys, fancy Press-Kit as well.

I'd vote for signatures, don't have to be big ones.. bout 50x400px would be plenty.

Yeah, maybe the demand for graphical work isn't that sought after, maybe because there's no such forum to go to.

Maybe it could be a section that covers this that and the other in the vicinity of art work, helping out the community and whatnot with graphical stuff.

Last edited by roesen; 11-01-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by roesen View Post
Yeah, maybe the demand for graphical work isn't that sought after, maybe because there's no such forum to go to.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but from experience, each time a graphic design-related thread shows up, it gets a few replies and then dies down. If there was a huge need for a forum, there would be a huge response to these threads and a reason for us (moderators) to create a forum just for this topic. But adding a forum topic clutters the already crowded forum sections that we have. There are already suggestions for adding game-specific clan subforums (e.g. BALL, TBD, etc.), and other ideas for subforums that have not yet been implemented. We have to consider each suggestion according to the need/interest we see.

So as it stands, I'd like to see an upswelling of interest before I seriously consider a new forum. As was suggested, you're welcome to create threads such as this to display artwork or ask for technical help. The community is generally a supportive and creative atmosphere.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
I'm not trying to be difficult, but from experience, each time a graphic design-related thread shows up, it gets a few replies and then dies down. If there was a huge need for a forum, there would be a huge response to these threads and a reason for us (moderators) to create a forum just for this topic. But adding a forum topic clutters the already crowded forum sections that we have. There are already suggestions for adding game-specific clan subforums (e.g. BALL, TBD, etc.), and other ideas for subforums that have not yet been implemented. We have to consider each suggestion according to the need/interest we see.

So as it stands, I'd like to see an upswelling of interest before I seriously consider a new forum. As was suggested, you're welcome to create threads such as this to display artwork or ask for technical help. The community is generally a supportive and creative atmosphere.
Understandable
Old 11-02-2010, 01:01 AM

Uhm, after seeing this thread I wenta diggin' into my old thread creations and found my graphics thread /critique/ thing. It might not be a forum, but it's a start.

:< Oh the oldness of this thread. http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2755
Old 11-02-2010, 01:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
Uhm, after seeing this thread I wenta diggin' into my old thread creations and found my graphics thread /critique/ thing. It might not be a forum, but it's a start.

:< Oh the oldness of this thread. http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2755

If you make a new one, I'll fill it up with all kinds of designs!
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajuk999 View Post
If you make a new one, I'll fill it up with all kinds of designs!
I will too, I am also into graphic design. So is arty!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 AM

You could maybe try and make a sticky thread in the water cooler, Official Altitude Designs, or something like that. You could do it as a test and see if it gets enough responses. Just keep it so there are only works there and not much discussion and people can discuss in other threads.