Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:31 AM

Default How bout a new rule.

Don't leave your computer if you're specing to make the teams even. It's annoying when someone loses connection and we have to play 5v5 or 4v4, but it's more annoying when we are playing that way even when they come back.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 AM

What you're describing are variations of rules 1 and 4; rest assured that admins do take note of it, and are taking appropriate action whenever possible.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to zackzingki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
What you're describing are variations of rules 1 and 4; rest assured that admins do take note of it, and are taking appropriate action whenever possible.
Rule number this rule number that. I'm telling you people!!! Put these rules in the ladder lobby with bright colors!!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:07 AM

i mean this **** is just so obvious i don't see how you couldn't realize that leaving your computer during your game could result in a ban
Old 12-18-2010, 02:08 AM

Hahahaha. Hahahaha
Old 12-18-2010, 08:21 PM

is there anyway that if a player is disconnected or leaves a game for more than 3 consecutive minutes it automatically subs in a spec and if that person comes back they are specd?

edit: maybe a red warning like the teams one saying 'spot open' or 'substitution' at which point the first person in spec to press f gets the sub spot?!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
is there anyway that if a player is disconnected or leaves a game for more than 3 consecutive minutes it automatically subs in a spec and if that person comes back they are specd?

edit: maybe a red warning like the teams one saying 'spot open' or 'substitution' at which point the first person in spec to press f gets the sub spot?!
That would horribly screw up balance. Imagine if a team has a super bad player who leaves (which is typical). Now imagine that like esoteric is specing and presses f. Fair?

Or what if your team loses a really good player and some RiBz guy pushes f. Fair?
Old 12-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
That would horribly screw up balance. Imagine if a team has a super bad player who leaves (which is typical). Now imagine that like esoteric is specing and presses f. Fair?

Or what if your team loses a really good player and some RiBz guy pushes f. Fair?
I didn't think about that. Could the ladder system auto select the spectator based on the most suitable player? I can see the argument against this. But in my opinion I would rather play a a match with full teams than people missing, as long as the ladder auto selected the most suitable spectator.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:33 PM

I thought about this, making the server recognize who left and finding the closest player to him in rating to sit. Don't know if the code can make the server use commands though
Old 12-19-2010, 08:47 AM

I say Donk leaves every game so mike has to play ladder!! >
Hehe btw would that person get a score for a ladder match? Comin in halfway like that
Old 12-20-2010, 08:21 PM

dno seems ok for me, thought I was wondering if a code that could do it can be made like storm said.

niparoo =]