Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:01 AM

More stretches and ideas, at the bottom of the Jumpsuit wikipage, I noticed that there were external links to other things related, more importantly skin tight material, that binds one's figure to the suit. Catsuits and Leotards. Then I thought swimming, but no one has interests in that. I can't even do a name relation. :[ God, I'm so bad at this.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

So we can't use any other part of the story? ugh, nevermind then...

sorry, i'm new to this
Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

The mafia clues are the part in pink. The rest is just storytelling with no relevance.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
This is another thing I have found so far - first result when searching for "tight orange jumpsuit":
Jumpsuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Competitive skiers and speed skaters, who wear skin-tight jumpsuits to provide ... in the United States and Canada frequently use bright orange jumpsuit ...

Aggie and Massi both list activities as skiing, and both live in america...
To add to this (I didn't work this out, someone else did and mentioned it in mumble), it has been pointed out that the first four words of SSD's clue were: A Gorgeous Girl In ....AGGI .....AGGIE
Granted the other E isn't there, but

I'm thinking Aggie is the person I'm most likely to vote for right now, but will await more info from other players for now.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:23 AM

Quote:
To add to this (I didn't work this out, someone else did and mentioned it in mumble), it has been pointed out that the first four words of SSD's clue were: A Gorgeous Girl In ....AGGI .....AGGIE

I'm thinking Aggie is the person I'm most likely to vote for right now, but will await more info from other players for now.
That's very interesting. The orange jumpsuit for skiing? Hm... Potential lead, yes. Hm... More research time.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:43 AM

Good catch Dani. I tried to do some research to connect Kahlil Gibran the poet she quotes, but I wanted to put a bullet in my head. 1-2-3 not it. Someone else look there plz
Old 11-05-2010, 02:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

Shot not doing anything, i'm voting NO ONE to clarify it again...
Old 11-05-2010, 02:59 AM

I'm going to bed, if anyone needs to talk to me - i have left my alti account logged in and will reply when I wake up.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:00 AM

Location: The quote above is from Kahlil Gibran; it's currently my favorite...

Quote:

While I would love to be described as a gorgeous girl I assure you I am not the target. I think the color orange was chosen for a reason....
Old 11-05-2010, 03:13 AM

Since the first clue is always a far stretch I would like to point out that convicts wear orange jumpsuits and Queen Zoe's profile talks about Michael Vick the quarterback who recently was in an orange jumpsuit!
Old 11-05-2010, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie View Post
since the first clue is always a far stretch i would like to point out that convicts wear orange jumpsuits and queen zoe's profile talks about michael vick the quarterback who recently was in an orange jumpsuit!

lol! No one will talk **** about my vick. I will ban you for life.

go green! And yes I'm a gorgeous girl.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

Aggie, I think that's the best logic we've had so far.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:38 AM

Then find something else MSLG. GOGOGOGOGO.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:51 AM

Danielle is Mafia. Just sayin.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:55 AM

Just to get this game moving, I vote for Aggie.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:57 AM

Would it be wise to post votes now? There aren't that many others that have posted their thoughts yet. ... or I'm missing something. D:
Old 11-05-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
a gorgeous girl in a tightly zipped form-fitting orange jumpsuit leaped up towards sunshineduck.
Pop band rampage!! Although the music part is not part of the pink clues, the jumpsuits could be some part of uniform or costume for stage presence. This reminds me of Britney Spears video where she wears a tight leather jump suit.

Goose's profile
Interests:
I enjoy listening to pop music from the 90's as well as reggae. I am also a fan of drinking slurpees

I think she wore a red jump suit though, but decent place to start i think.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:43 AM

Orange Jumpsuits:
Polysics: (WTF) and they leap
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dziiL...=ML&playnext=1

Misfits: (London based TV Series) more leapin’
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODl-kAhVsXY

When you google reborn jumpsuits, in the images tons of ppl in orange jumpsuits pop up + this:
http://www.cosplay.com/marketplace/s.../product/15539

Not sure where this is heading. No idea about form fitting or zippered.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEEN ZOE View Post
When you google reborn jumpsuits, in the images tons of ppl in orange jumpsuits pop up + this:
D: All these costumes and cosplay are making everything look like I'm mafia.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
No for some reason I don't think it's you Loli.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:53 AM

Interesting thoughts so far...Going of the assumption that the 1st clue is generally very obscure and difficult, i don't think the jumpsuit refers to skiing (making all the people who list this in their profile suspects), since that seems too easy to figure out right off the bat. I also immediately thought of Kill Bill as soon as i read the this, but as someone else pointed out, the jumpsuit worn in that movie is yellow, not orange (I know that SSD is a fan of kung-fu movies, so i'm sure he would be accurate in writing in the right color of the jumpsuit). One thing that caught my eye was the word "zipped" in the clue.. This is somewhat of an interesting word, and it made me think of [Y]. Notice how how his user-name looks like something being zipped up? Like a zipper on a jacket or something.

The " a gorgeous girl in" pointing towards aggie, is intriguing, but why would it stop at aggi, and not aggie? Also i think this part of the clue could just be used as a story telling device, since if you watch the music video of 'Gee' by SNSD, (which SSD has based the Mafia members around) it features a lot of attractive Korean girls, and SSD could just be using this part of the clue to reflect that.

aggie brings up a good point about QUEEN ZOE however. Michael Vick (aka QB Dog Killer) is a recent convict and would have worn an orange prison jumpsuit. The word 'leaping' in the clue, could possibly point to the fact how Vick is an athletic quarterback that is known for scrambling and being agile.

I will post some more thoughts on this later, before i cast my vote.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 AM

Quote:

Not sure where this is heading. No idea about form fitting or zippered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli.ta View Post
don't forget the " mabinogi " in your profile. Wiki:Mabinogi a massively multiplayer online role-playing game released by South Korean Game Distributing Company Nexon.

That jumpsuit is for "Tsuna" is a fictional character in the anime and manga series Reborn!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
Michael Vick (aka QB Dog Killer) is a recent convict and would have worn an orange prison jumpsuit.
Banned for life goose.

So tell me this: Everyone keeps saying that the first clue is obscure and difficult. So why would it point to an orange prison jumpsuit which is the most common orange jumpsuit application?

One a side note: My QB served his time and is now a productive member of my favorite football team. Please keep in mind that I am a hardcore Eagles fan. What does this mean? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9152527AABolbT
Old 11-05-2010, 05:18 AM

I was told this thing would move faster =(

abstain
Old 11-05-2010, 05:26 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

I do like the idea of the [Y] representing a zipper, but I'm still not sure, because SSD did say orange and I would think everything about it has to relate..I guess I'll keep researching

I would like to point out, though, that NASA has always used orange and zippered jumpsuits..I couldn't find anything space-related in anyone's profile, but I think it might be useful
Old 11-05-2010, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Banned for life goose.

So tell me this: Everyone keeps saying that the first clue is obscure and difficult. So why would it point to an orange prison jumpsuit which is the most common orange jumpsuit application?

One a side note: My QB served his time and is now a productive member of my favorite football team. Please keep in mind that I am a hardcore Eagles fan. What does this mean? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...9152527AABolbT
The orange jumpsuit referring to a prison jumpsuit in itself isn't very obscure. But finding a way to link that clue to a player is where the complex critical thinking process occurs. For example, aggie clearly states she enjoys skiing in her profile. Therefore SSD making the jumpsuit reflect ski suits only follows one logical step in critical thinking. (Jumpsuit = skiing outfit, and aggie likes skiing therefore clue relates to her.) Whereas if the jumpsuit represents an orange prison jumpsuit, finding how it relates to a player is harder since nobody lists 'being a prison inmate' in their profile. But since you list how excited you are for Vick to resume playing as quarterback, you can make three logical steps in critical thinking. (Jumpsuit = prison outfit. Vick = ex-convict. Vick = used to wear orange prison jumpsuit.) This seems like a clever enough process of logical thought for SSD to use for the 1st clue, not to mention he is a fan of the NFL since he is in the Altitude Fantasy Football league.

I also find it interesting how you directed us to that link about Philly sports fans on yahoo answers. Possibly trying to deflect the accusations against yourself by posting a funny link in order to get our minds away from analyzing the clues about you?

For now my vote is for QUEEN ZOE, but subject to change.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 AM

i think the clue fits exactly evilarsenal when he is so drunk, trust me guys... i would know
Old 11-05-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
The orange jumpsuit referring to a prison jumpsuit in itself isn't very obscure. But finding a way to link that clue to a player is where the complex critical thinking process occurs.
Michael Vick, next to Paris Hilton, one of the most famous criminals of all time. Wow that must have taken hours of critical thinking.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Michael Vick, next to Paris Hilton, one of the most famous criminals of all time. Wow that must have taken hours of critical thinking.
I'm tempted to vote for you just because you like Michael Vick.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:58 AM

Quote:
The orange jumpsuit referring to a prison jumpsuit in itself isn't very obscure. But finding a way to link that clue to a player is where the complex critical thinking process occurs. For example, aggie clearly states she enjoys skiing in her profile. Therefore SSD making the jumpsuit reflect ski suits only follows one logical step in critical thinking. (Jumpsuit = skiing outfit, and aggie likes skiing therefore clue relates to her.)
Goose points out that I enjoy skiing therefore I am a suspect, however, Massi also enjoys skiing and cyclocross which are both sports that wear jumpsuit but Goose avoids connecting to Massi at all...could this be Mafia misdirection???

Also Massi has Oregon in his profile connecting him to the US where my profile does not connect me to the US.

Goose is suspect to me.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:02 AM

more random stuff.

leggomyeggo has archery in his profile.

if u play second life you can go visit this store http://slurl.com/secondlife/Archers/237/55/51 and purchase an orange prison jumpsuit https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...rison-Jumpsuit

leggos are also Golden Brown when toasted ( orange)
According to urban dictionary the 3rd definition is

3. leggo my eggo
what you say when you have the munchies and somebody comes up and steals your waffle so you kick their ass

Goose was eating " chicken and waffles " although not part of the clue. Duck probably had an appetite for waffles having Goose's memorabilia in the office, and stole the killers waffles. Thus a reason for the Ducks demise.

I like the [Y] idea, how it looks like a zipper. In his profile he has:
Biography:
This is for you, SSD.

which could refer to the " leaped up towards sunshineduck " reference.

also Y is a orange road sign for a junction.

Pumpkin(orange) junction . Description: includes a jumpsuit http://www.dazzlefancydress.co.uk/pr...oducts_id/4284

Last edited by Apathy; 11-05-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:21 AM

Day 1 clue is notoriously difficult to solve. We've never been able to solve it. I sound like a broken record now.

(Also note that evil hasn't complained about his role. That means either mafia or blue townie.)

But uh, I'd like to lynch a low value player so I vote (removed because low value player was not allowed to play this game)

Last edited by Smushface; 11-05-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post

But uh, I'd like to lynch a low value player so I vote York

I don't think York is in this game???
Old 11-05-2010, 07:27 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

First thing that came to mind was jail outfits here, as well. I really don't know how ssd makes clues, so I don't know how "obvious" certain clues will or will not be. I don't know how "form-fitting" they are, but they're the only immediately obvious orange clothes that I can think of. Any other form-fitting clothing that I can think of wouldn't necessarily be orange, though i.e. skiing outfits, etc. I have a feeling he might be referring to a specific person who wore orange "form-fitting" clothes in some media outlet, but I could be wrong.

Then again, maybe part of it is just there for flavor to throw us off. As such I wouldn't dismiss a jail outfit from being what ssd is implying with this clue. Still, if someone can find a specific person with a form-fitting outfit that is orange, then that would have my vote. (I haven't found anything pretty much =/)

EDIT: I read through and saw someone mentioning some characters in video games that might apply. putting their picture here if they actually are orange would be helpful

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 11-05-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
Day 1 clue is notoriously difficult to solve. We've never been able to solve it. I sound like a broken record now.

(Also note that evil hasn't complained about his role. That means either mafia or blue townie.)

But uh, I'd like to lynch a low value player so I vote (removed because low value player was not allowed to play this game)

i've already cried about it in mumble don't make me repeat myself about how much i hate SSD and Goose
Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM

I'm going to vote Aggie, as I'm going to work soon and don't want to possibly make you all wait for me to vote.

I may change this vote if it hasn't been locked in by the time I come home though.

Last edited by Danielle; 11-05-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:31 PM

Zoe, you are supporting the wrong football team in PA... go steelers.

At this point i will abstain in case I don't get back from school in time, but expect that to change.

SSD what time will the votes lock?
Old 11-05-2010, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

I vote Queen Zoe.

Last edited by lamsbro; 11-05-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

I haven't really seen any evidence that could get a definite lynch, so i will abstain from voting.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:02 PM

Look harder MSLG. Going to work and then my son's football game so I will be off for a while. I will say this b4 I go. Goose knows I did ok in mafia 3 and I was one of the few who didn't have the infamous "list"

I vote Goose I still luv ya though (and Vick-u haters)

Last edited by QUEEN ZOE; 11-05-2010 at 02:07 PM.