Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:23 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.
Talking Altitude Mafia 5.0!

Altitude Mafia 5.0

Here is the link to the past game, if you want to see how it is played: Altitude Mafia: Version 4.0

INTRODUCTION:

Altitude Mafia: Version 5.0 is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all the Mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because Mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.

This Mafia game works slightly different than the previous game so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night, Mafia will collectively decide on who to kill, and send in their hits to me. Any player with a special roles can PM me their actions during the night phase.

If the Mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the Mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the Mafia of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision. However there are also 3rd party roles who may also win the game, if they can accomplish their goals before the battle between the Mafia and Town can finish.

PLAYER LIST:

1. Loli.ta
2. Kuja900
3. MintzMachete
4. GGQ
5. Greekjr14
6. GOOSE
7. Wok3N^
8. QUEEN ZOE
9. andy
10. tyr
11. unbreak
12. Danielle
13. Smushface
14. DMCM
15. Evan20000
16. Clapon
17. Massi
18. mled
19. shmo55
20. leggomyeggo
21. gustav27
22. O.o
23. gumbyy
24. [Y]
25. Apathy
26. lamsbro
27. DuckDuckPwn
28. evilarsenal
29. aggie
30. acegunner

ALL THE MAFIA SCUM HAVE DIED, THE TOWN IS VICTORIOUS!

THE NEW REGIME:

Hello! Welcome to Altitude Mafia 5.0, brought to you by sunshineduck. First things first: even if you have read the rules and know them like the back of your hand, please re-read them as there are a couple of new additions.

Secondly, this game is going to be run a bit differently. In order to protect the identity of the amnesiac, I will not be posting how many of each role are remaining, and I will not be telling you what the Mafia killing power is. You should be able to create your own list with no problem, and keeping it up to date is on you.

Other than that, have fun!

Last edited by sunshineduck; 11-23-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

GENERAL GAME RULES:

Voting-
1) You must post your vote in this thread. Do not PM it to me, (unless you are silenced) or tell me in-game.
2) You must clearly declare your vote. (ie: 'I vote for X')
3) You cannot auto-change your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4) You cannot vote for yourself, anyone dead, or anyone outside the game.
5) In the event of a tie, the person who received the most votes first will be lynched.
6) You may abstain, but must let me know. (ie: 'I abstain from voting')

ONE PERSON MUST BE LYNCHED EVERY DAY!

Cheating-
1) Posting after death: If you die in the game you are permitted 1 goodbye post, but it must not contain any information relating to Altitude Mafia: Version 5.0
2) Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone else by doing something like posting the Mafia member list in the thread when you were chosen as Mafia.
3) Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PM's / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4) Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
5) Posting any PM you receive from me.
6) Sending messages through a third party not playing the game.
7) You must not request, submit, or share any non-verbal, non-game-themed proof of role with anyone for any reason. If you violate the spirit of this rule, you will be mod-killed. If you think somebody violated the spirit of this rule, report it immediately.

Legit examples of game-themed verbal proof
: (note communications can occur via speech in real-life or online, or via text message on your phone, forum private message, skype, etc):
"Trust me I'm the medic. I will protect you tonight to prove it."
"I am detective. I just investigated you and know your role is veteran. Who else do you trust?"
"I am green townie, why would I lie to you?"

Examples of cheating:
"What time did you receive your PM?" (exploits limitations of forum technology, not verbal game-themed communication)
"Forward me your role PM to prove your role."
"Send me a screenshot to prove your role."
*Any screenshot or record of digital communication. For example: taking a screenshot of an Altitude in-game chat in which person X claimed his role was Y and sending it to Z. You can use normal, everyday language to relay this information "Hey Z, X told me he is Y on Altitude yesterday" but you can't show a screenshot or copy-paste an Altitude log entry (with annoying-to-manipulate formatting that lends "authenticity"), to "prove" it.

Modkills-
Inactivity is most easily defined as failure to vote. If you do miss 2 days of votes, you will be modkilled regardless of role. Special consideration will be exercised if a player in danger of being modkilled by this manner has been an active contributor in the thread. If something comes up and you know you will miss the vote, PM me in advance to let me know and you will be spared. Furthermore, you must post at least once in this thread to avoid being modkilled. Simply voting doesn't work. This is to prevent lurkers.

In addition, I reserve the right to modkill anyone I suspect of cheating and anyone modkilled in this game will be permabanned from future games I may host. Please keep that in mind.

Clues-
Every day post will tell a story describing the deaths of your murdered Townies. These stories will leave behind clues pointing towards the Mafia members. Clues will be created from anything in your forum profile and username (NOTE: I will only allude to your forum username, not the name you are known under in Altitude in case they are different). Google.com will be used as a reference in helping devise clues.
PLEASE INCORPORATE SOME INFORMATION IN YOUR PROFILE IF IT IS BLANK (QUOTES/INTERESTS/LIFE GOALS/FAVORITE TAYLOR SWIFT SONG/ETC..). ANYTHING WILL HELP IN ENSURING HIGH QUALITY CLUES. AS ALWAYS, NO PERSONAL DETAILS ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED, UNLESS STATED IN YOUR PROFILE.

Credits-
Roles are based off past games from G00SE, Kuja900 and Loli.ta, as well as the teamliquid.net forums and epicmafia.com. Loli.ta will be assisting me only with tallying the votes, and will be playing herself. Special thanks to MintzMachete for (attempting to) help me with the role list

WIN CONDITIONS:

Town: Wins if all Mafia are eliminated.
Mafia: Wins if they outnumber all Town-aligned players. Also wins if there is only 1 Town aligned player and 1 Mafia left alive.
Serial Killer: Wins if he is the sole survivor. Also wins if him and 1 Mafia are left alive at the end of the game.

MAFIA KILLING POWER:

This is determined by a simple formula:

# of Mafia / 2

The end result is rounded up to calculate killing power.

PROFILE INFORMATION:

The official list of profile information I will be using to create clues is listed HERE

Last edited by sunshineduck; 12-01-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:24 PM

ROLES:
All roles will be randomized.

Roles used in this game are listed here

Regular Town Roles-

Townie: Your goal is to bring the Mafia to justice! You have no special powers, only the ability to vote during the day.

Miller: You are a regular Townie with one exception: if you are ever investigated by a Detective, your role will be identified as Mafia. You will be told you are a normal Townie in the role PM at the start of the game. Upon your death you will be revealed as the Miller.

Blue Town Roles-

Veteran: You have two night lives instead of one. This means it takes two successful attacks to kill you, or one hit on two separate nights. If you incur a lost life you will be informed of it through PM the following day. If you are lynched you die regardless of whether you have any extra night lives remaining.

Vigilante: You may kill 2 people of your choice during the night. If your hit overlaps with a Mafia attack, you will be notified that it was canceled and you may use it again. In the case of overlapping Vigilante hits, only the first one sent to me will go through, and all others will be notified of their cancellation and can be used again at another time. In both cases you will not know what caused your hit to be stopped. You cannot use both kills in one night, and clues referring to you will be posted after successful hits. You may use your powers starting on night 2.

Detective
: You have three abilities you may use-
1)You may ask me if a certain clue points to a specific person and receive a Yes or No answer.
2)The power to investigate a person of your choice to uncover what role they have. (Limited to 3 uses per game)
3)You can ask me how many Mafia voted to lynch or not lynch a specific person. (Limited to 3 uses per game)
You can only use 1 ability per day/night cycle.

Medic: You have the ability to protect a player of your choice from a night hit. A player under your protection can only die if the number of people attacking him outnumber the amount of people protecting him and his night lives. If you are protecting a Veteran and they are attacked, your power supersedes theirs. If you successfully protect someone from an attack, only you and the person you saved will know about it. You cannot protect yourself.

Cop: You are the defender of justice - the leg upon which this town will lean. You have the ability to investigate any one player during the night phase, in the morning that person will be revealed to be either sided with the town or with the mafia. This power has unlimited uses, but can only be used once per night.

Tracker
: You can target one person each night and follow them. If the targeted player visits someone during that night, you will know the name of that person the following day. You may use this ability up to 3 times.

Hunter: You are a country hick trapped in the big city. You carry a shotgun with you everywhere you go, and if you are lynched during the day you can choose one person to shoot and kill before the phase change to night. Your power will not work if you are killed without being lynched.

Bomb: You are one of the most paranoid townies and carry a pack of C4 strapped to your chest at all times with a dead-man's switch attached. If you are killed by any player during any phase, you will release the switch and explode, instantly killing the person attacking you. However, the bomb will not explode if you are lynched.

Martyr: You can sacrifice your life to save the life of another player of your choice. You may change your selection at any time during the game. Once you select a person to save, they are protected from any night kill against them at any point in the game. If a Medic is watching over you or the target you wish to save, your power overrides it. You are unable to save anyone from getting lynched during the day. If you successfully save someone they will be notified through a PM.

Oracle: You have the ability to select a person during any night phase of the game. If you die for any reason, the player you picked will have their role revealed to everyone. You can only pick 1 person to have this happen to, and can change your selection during any night phase. If the player you picked has had their identity hidden from the Mafia Janitor, their role won't be revealed.

Silencer: You are a friend of the Mafia and wish to join them. You have the ability to silence a player of your choice for any day/night cycle starting after the 2nd night. Anyone you silence cannot post in the Mafia thread, or discuss anything Mafia related through PM’s, mumble, or in-game on Altitude. If caught doing so you will be mod-killed immediately. If you are silenced you may still vote on people to lynch, but you have to send it to me through PM instead. You may silence someone up to 5 times per game, and anyone silenced will be announced as such in the thread. You will be able to join the Mafia if you manage to figure out half of their members, or if the Godfather recruits you.

Mafia Roles-

Mafia Goon: Your goal is to eliminate everyone in the town! You know who all your Mafia buddies are, and each night you communicate with one another to select people to kill.

Godfather: You are the Mafia leader and have the ability to decide what identity to appear as if you are ever role checked by Detective powers. You must chose this role on day 1, and you keep it permanently for the whole game.

Framer: You have the ability to select any player in the game. That player will then appear as guilty to the cop and as a regular mafia if rolechecked by the detective. You can use this power once during every night phase, and it lasts until the next night phase.

Suicide Bomber: You can suicide bomb into a person of your choice and kill them regardless of extra night lives and protection. If a Martyr or Medic is watching over the player you select to suicide bomb, they will die as well. Anyone using Veteran powers are also unguarded against a suicide bomb.

3rd Party Roles-

Amnesiac: You are the last remaining survivor of the nuclear blast that took down the mighty city of Altitudetropolis. You emerge from your bunker fifty years later to find another war between the mafia and the townies, and that you have no affiliation to either side. The radiation from the blast has left you with amazing psychic powers, allowing you to sever your soul from your body and conjoin with any other body - the only problem is that the body you are trying to control must be unoccupied. This essentially allows you to take over the role of any player in the graveyard, which will not be announced in the thread. Which side will you choose?

Serial Killer: You are a psychopathic lunatic that doesn't care about the Town or Mafia, and is only focused on fulfilling your primal urge to kill as many people as possible. You must murder a person of your choice during every night phase. Clues referring to you will be left behind for everyone to decipher each time you slaughter someone. Mafia and Vigilante hits have priority over you, so if any of your attacks ever coincide with theirs you won't be charged with the kill, and it won't add to the killing power. You win the game if you are the sole survivor.

Last edited by sunshineduck; 11-04-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:25 PM

Timeline of Events

- Day 1 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 1
- Day 2 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 2
- Day 3 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 3
- Day 4 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 4
- Day 5 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 5
- Day 6 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 6
- Day 7 - Final Vote Tally
- Night 7

- Closing Post
- Role List
- Clue Explanations

Last edited by sunshineduck; 11-23-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:28 PM

I will be available for another hour or so for role distribution.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Ok so what does amnesiac do exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
I will be available for another hour or so for role distribution.
What do you mean? Just msg me mine.

Good no pms! On a sidenote i think you can actually pm the mafia with the list of names considering they have no reason to share the pm with anyone else. Also i would allow people to post chatlogs and screenies of what they want considering there is no 100% proof without original pms.

May I recommend that you give all mafia members a recording of town roles.

Aka

"Your role is mafia. Your team is XXXXX"

"Also to protect your identity, here is a fake message just in case. Your role is townie."

I know you've put in an anti-cheating rule but if people do decide to cheat, at least the mafia will be protected.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 PM

Are you giving out roles already? On mumble?
i think hes not sending pms to townies so nobody should have one. theres no way to 'cheat'.
Im on mumble now if u want.

Last edited by andy; 11-04-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
What do you mean? Just msg me mine.
Just read rule about vocal means, this is silly its even easier to cheat by just recording your telling me of my role. Since role exchange has been expressly forbidden in all forms and I am sure 90% or more of us would report any example of this going on I think its fine just to use pms. This is a community of idiots, not cheaters (except for luke).

Last edited by Kuja900; 11-04-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:40 PM

You're probably right, it seems like it would be a ton of work coordinating the euro folk to get on a voice program with me at the same time.

I'll send out PM's as normal, if you are caught cheating you will be modkilled and barred from any future games I host.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:42 PM

If you are going to send PM's then, make sure you send PMs a) To one person at a time b) Randomly so people can't collect time stamps groupings and c) Give mafia fake town pm's.

People are always going to want to cheat. This removes that possibility.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 PM

I will be sending the mafia fake townie PM's, and I will be sending the PM's one at a time, time limit be damned.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:50 PM

Can a moderator delete pms? If so, cant you just ask one who isnt playing to delete the pms, after say you have confirmation the roles have been seen or something? Dont know if this is possible, just wondering. Also can i post here if im not playing?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Ok so what does amnesiac do exactly?
Selects any player in the graveyard during any night phase and takes over that player's role. This is not announced in the thread.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

So the role count of each day may or may not be correct because of the amnesiac? Just want to clarify.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

SSD said that he will not be keeping a role count.

Also I love how you worked the amnesiac into the lore. Pure genious.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wok3N^ View Post
So the role count of each day may or may not be correct because of the amnesiac? Just want to clarify.
There will be no role count. It's up to you to keep your own role count.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Oh okay sorry. Did not catch that.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 PM

I vote to lynch mikesol.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

Hey York, are you mafia?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 PM

ALL ROLE PM'S HAVE BEEN SENT OUT!

Day 1 will be posted later this afternoon.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
I vote to lynch mikesol.
Whorreeee. I didn't even get to kill you last game
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 PM

I request the detective to use his powers on me so that we may work together.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
Hey York, are you mafia?
yes, nice call
Old 11-04-2010, 08:22 PM

York, I'm the silencer, give me the list of all mafia
Old 11-04-2010, 08:31 PM

I just deleted my PM. If anyone asks.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:32 PM

Quote:
There will be no role count. It's up to you to keep your own role count.
does that mean we dont know how many of each role there is? and also how many mafia there are? also will roles be reavealed upon death (i hope so)?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
I just deleted my PM. If anyone asks.
Pix or it didn't happen imo
Old 11-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
does that mean we dont know how many of each role there is? and also how many mafia there are? also will roles be reavealed upon death (i hope so)?
On the last page of the last thread he listed numbers, but he didn't confirm in this thread whether those were the actual numbers that he ended up using.

edit- this post:

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=47

Last edited by GGQ; 11-04-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
The official list of profile information I will be using to create clues is listed HERE
Post updated, I have completed the document and will be creating/posting clues when I return home.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
On the last page of the last thread he listed numbers, but he didn't confirm in this thread whether those were the actual numbers that he ended up using.

edit- this post:

http://altitudegame.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=47
Yes, these are the role numbers I will be using. I will post a role count on day one, from there on it will be up to you to keep it updated.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Administrator

I applaud the anti-cheating measures. One quick reminder for everyone:

According to the rules, even just -asking- someone to provide illegal proof (e.g. "hey, forward me your PM") is a modkill+bannable offense so most acts of illegal role confirmation effectively require both parties to cheat (don't do it!). I also think this community is pretty honest overall (cheating in previous games occurred in borderline gray areas of the rules) so I'm looking forward to a good clean game. Remember: if in doubt, PM ssd immediately and request a rules clarification.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 PM

I forgot about the modkill thing.

My post directed at York is obviously a joke, just to make it clear.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Yeah sorry I'm not trying to kill the fun, just reminding people as the game gets underway, don't even think about cheating!

Note: this is SSD's game to run so my statements should not be considered official. Just trying to remind people about the rules.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:
I request the detective to use his powers on me so that we may work together.
I would also like the cop to check me so we can work together as well, or check smushface. To prove yourself to me pm me with what my role is.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:17 PM

also if the cop checks you i doubt anyone would trust him since his only arguements would be you are not mafia. detective is the only one who can create alliances atm.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:23 PM

Jack use your first power to use vet role please
Old 11-04-2010, 09:25 PM

And so it partly begins. I'm nervous. D: