Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:25 AM

Default Altitude Mafia: Version 4.0

Here is the link to the past game, if you want to see how it is played: Altitude Mafia: Version 3

INTRODUCTION:

Altitude Mafia: Version 4.0 is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of the game is to lynch or kill all the Mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. It's much like a game of poker because Mafia members are also part of the town during the day and may manipulate the vote to their liking.

This Mafia game works slightly different than the previous game so I'll explain it a bit more. During the night, Mafia will collectively decide on who to kill, and send in their hits to me. Any player with a special roles can PM me their actions during the night phase.

If the Mafia at any time outnumber or equal the townspeople, they win the game. The goal for the townspeople is to lynch all the members of the Mafia by whatever analysis, teamwork, or guile they have. The goal of the Mafia of course, is to kill the townspeople with murderous precision. However there are also 3rd party roles who may also win the game, if they can accomplish their goals before the battle between the Mafia and Town can finish.

TIMELINE OF EVENTS:

- Day 1 (Final vote tally)
- Night 1

- Day 2
-JUDGMENT DAY

PLAYER LIST:

1) A doughnut
2) aggie
3) Ajuk999
4) andy
5) Apathy
6) banana
7) Blue
8) CCN
9) Clapon
10) Danielle
11) DMCM
12) drunkguava
13) DryBone
14) Duck Duck Pwn
15) Evan20000
16) evilarsenal
17) gammelonkel
18) GGQ
19) Greekjr14
20) gumbyy
21) gustav27
22) Ingbo
23) Jrathje
24) Kuja900
25) lamsbro
26) lamster
27) MajorPayne257
28) Massi
29) mastercoop
30) mikesol
31) MintzMachete
32) mled
33) ModernArcher
34) O.o
35) Pieface
36) Premier Stalin
37) Prune
38) QUEEN ZOE
39) robinb98
40) Sean
41) shmo55
42) shrode
43) Smushface
44) sunshineduck
45) tyr
46) unbreak
47) wolf'j'max
48) XX1
49) York
50) [Y]

-------------------------

GRAVEYARD:
1) evilarsenal(Lynched) - Townie
2) andy(Mafia hit) - Sibling
3) Duck Duck Pwn(Serial Killer hit) - Miller

----------------------------------------
47/50 Players Remaining

2/2 Veterans Remaining
2/2 Martyrs Remaining
1 Vigilante Remaining
1 Medic Remaining
1 Weak Medic Remaining
1 Mad Hatter Remaining
1 Tracker Remaining
1 Watcher Remaining
1 Detective Remaining
1 Jack Of All Trades Remaining
1 Oracle Remaining
1 Silencer Remaining

6/6 Mafia Goons Remaining
1/1 Godfather Remaining
1/1 Mafia Janitor Remaining
1/1 Suicide Bomber Remaining

1/1 Ninja Assassin aka 'Inigo Montoya' Remaining
1/1 Serial Killer Remaining

19/20 Townies Remaining
3/4 Siblings Remaining
0/1 Miller Remaining

----------------------------------------
ALTITUDETROPOLIS HAS BEEN NUKED BY KOREA. EVERYONE DIED, AND NOBODY WINS.

Last edited by Goose; 11-04-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:25 AM

GENERAL GAME RULES:

Voting-
1) You must post your vote in this thread. Do not PM it to me, (unless you are silenced) or tell me in-game.
2) You must clearly declare your vote. (ie: 'I vote for X')
3) You cannot auto-change your vote to the losing or winning bandwagon.
4) You cannot vote for yourself, anyone dead, or anyone outside the game.
5) In the event of a tie, the person who received the most votes first will be lynched.
6) You may abstain, but must let me know. (ie: 'I abstain from voting')

ONE PERSON MUST BE LYNCHED EVERY DAY!

Cheating-
1) Posting after death: If you die in the game you are permitted 1 goodbye post, but it must not contain any information relating to Altitude Mafia: Version 4.0
2) Betraying your role and ruining the game for everyone else by doing something like posting the Mafia member list in the thread when you were chosen as Mafia.
3) Logging on to someone else's account / checking their PM's / looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4) Posting screenshots of your inbox. This is not a photoshop competition.
5) Posting any PM you receive from me.

Modkills-
Inactivity is most easily defined as failure to vote. If you do miss 2 days of votes, you will be modkilled regardless of role. Special consideration will be exercised if a player in danger of being modkilled by this manner has been an active contributor in the thread. If something comes up and you know you will miss the vote, PM me in advance to let me know and you will be spared. Furthermore, you must post at least once in this thread to avoid being modkilled. Simply voting doesn't work. This is to prevent lurkers.

Clues-
Every day post will tell a story describing the deaths of your murdered Townies. These stories will leave behind clues pointing towards the Mafia members. Clues will be created from anything in your forum profile and username (NOTE: I will only allude to your forum username, not the name you are known under in Altitude in case they are different). Google.com will be used as a reference in helping devise clues.
PLEASE INCORPORATE SOME INFORMATION IN YOUR PROFILE IF IT IS BLANK (QUOTES/INTERESTS/LIFE GOALS/FAVORITE TAYLOR SWIFT SONG/ETC..). ANYTHING WILL HELP IN ENSURING HIGH QUALITY CLUES. AS ALWAYS, NO PERSONAL DETAILS ABOUT YOU WILL BE USED, UNLESS STATED IN YOUR PROFILE.

Credits-
Roles are based off past games from Kuja900 and Loli.ta, as well as the teamliquid.net forums and epicmafia.com. Wok3n and Loli.ta will be assisting me with this game.

WIN CONDITIONS:

Town: Wins if all Mafia are eliminated.
Mafia: Wins if they outnumber all Town-aligned players. Also wins if there is only 1 Town aligned player and 1 Mafia left alive.
Ninja Assassin aka 'Inigo Montoya': Wins if Town wins, but receives mini-story and awesome picture if he kills the Godfather.
Serial Killer: Wins if he is the sole survivor. Also wins if him and 1 Mafia are left alive at the end of the game.

MAFIA KILLING POWER:
10 Mafia alive = 4 killing power
9-7 Mafia alive = 3 killing power
6-4 Mafia alive = 2 killing power
3-1 Mafia alive = 1 killing power

ROLE PM EXAMPLES:

Townie
PM:

Blue Townie
PM:

Mafia
PM:

3rd Party
PM:

Last edited by Goose; 11-01-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:26 AM

ROLES:
All roles will be randomized.

Regular Town Roles-

Townie: Your goal is to bring the Mafia to justice! You have no special powers, only the ability to vote during the day.

Miller: You are a regular Townie with one exception: if you are ever investigated by a Detective, your role will be identified as Mafia. You will be told you are a normal Townie in the role PM at the start of the game. Upon your death you will be revealed as the Miller.

Siblings: You and your sibling are both regular Townies and will know of each others identities at the start of the game. If one of you die however, the other sibling will commit suicide in the following day/night phase.

Blue Town Roles-

Veteran: You have two night lives instead of one. This means it takes two successful attacks to kill you, or one hit on two separate nights. If you incur a lost life you will be informed of it through PM the following day. If you are lynched you die regardless of whether you have any extra night lives remaining.

Vigilante: You may kill 2 people of your choice during the night. If your hit overlaps with a Mafia attack, you will be notified that it was canceled and you may use it again. In the case of overlapping Vigilante hits, only the first one sent to me will go through, and all others will be notified of their cancellation and can be used again at another time. In both cases you will not know what caused your hit to be stopped. You cannot use both kills in one night, and clues referring to you will be posted after successful hits. You may use your powers starting on night 2.

Detective
: You have three abilities you may use-
1)You may ask me if a certain clue points to a specific person and receive a Yes or No answer.
2)The power to investigate a person of your choice to uncover what role they have. (Limited to 3 uses per game)
3)You can ask me how many Mafia voted to lynch or not lynch a specific person. (Limited to 3 uses per game)
You can only use 1 ability per day/night cycle.

Medic: You have the ability to protect a player of your choice from a night hit. A player under your protection can only die if the number of people attacking him outnumber the amount of people protecting him and his night lives. If you are protecting a Veteran and they are attacked, your power supersedes theirs. If you successfully protect someone from an attack, only you and the person you saved will know about it. You cannot protect yourself.

Weak Medic: Same abilities as the Medic, but if you protect a Mafia member during the night you will die.

Mad Hatter: You may place up to 2 bombs on any players of your choosing during a night phase. If you die for any reason, the bombs you put on a player will detonate and kill them, unless they have extra night lives from Veteran, Paramedic, or Martyr powers. If you wish to place a bomb on another person, you can remove bombs from one of your targets after a day/night cycle has gone by since adding it to them. However if you put a bomb on someone and remove it, you can never put it back on that player for the rest of the game. If a person dies with a bomb on them for any reason, the bomb is not refunded.

Tracker
: You can target one person each night and follow them. If the targeted player visits someone during that night, you will know the name of that person the following day. You may use this ability up to 3 times.

Watcher: You can target one person each night and watch them. If the targeted player is visited by someone during that night, you will know who that person is the following day. If multiple people visit your target, you will know the names of all of them. You may use this ability up to 3 times.

Jack Of All Trades: You can use up to 4 abilities from other roles in the game, but must follow the same rules and restrictions that apply to them. You are unable to use the same role two times in a row, and can't use two abilities in a consecutive day/night cycle. The following powers you can use are:
Vigilante, Veteran, Detective, Medic, Watcher, and Tracker. If you use Veteran and incur a hit, that life stays lost for the next time you use that ability.

Martyr: You can sacrifice your life to save the life of another player of your choice. You may change your selection at any time during the game. Once you select a person to save, they are protected from any night kill against them at any point in the game. If a Medic is watching over you or the target you wish to save, your power overrides it. You are unable to save anyone from getting lynched during the day. If you successfully save someone they will be notified through a PM.

Oracle: You have the ability to select a person during any night phase of the game. If you die for any reason, the player you picked will have their role revealed to everyone. You can only pick 1 person to have this happen to, and can change your selection during any night phase. If the player you picked has had their identity hidden from the Mafia Janitor, their role won't be revealed.

Silencer: You are a friend of the Mafia and wish to join them. You have the ability to silence a player of your choice for any day/night cycle starting after the 2nd night. Anyone you silence cannot post in the Mafia thread, or discuss anything Mafia related through PM’s, mumble, or in-game on Altitude. If caught doing so you will be mod-killed immediately. If you are silenced you may still vote on people to lynch, but you have to send it to me through PM instead. You may silence someone up to 5 times per game, and anyone silenced will be announced as such in the thread. You will be able to join the Mafia if you manage to figure out half of their members, or if the Godfather recruits you.

Mafia Roles-

Mafia Goon: Your goal is to eliminate everyone in the town! You know who all your Mafia buddies are, and each night you communicate with one another to select people to kill.

Godfather: You are the Mafia leader and have the ability to decide what identity to appear as if you are ever role checked by Detective powers. You must chose this role on day 1, and you keep it permanently for the whole game.

Mafia Janitor: You have the ability to conceal the role of 1 Mafia hit per game from the rest of the players. You can choose someone during the night as the body you will ‘clean up’ after they die. The kill will be announced like normal during the day, but that persons role will not be revealed to the Town, and only you will know of their identity. If the player you target manages to survive through any sort of extra night lives or protection, you will be informed through PM and can reuse your power at another time.

Suicide Bomber: You can suicide bomb into a person of your choice and kill them regardless of extra night lives and protection. If a Martyr or Medic is watching over the player you select to suicide bomb, they will die as well. Anyone using Veteran powers are also unguarded against a suicide bomb.

3rd Party Roles-

Ninja Assassin aka 'Inigo Montoya': Your objective is to assassinate the Mafia Godfather who has killed your father. At the start of the game you will receive an obscure clue that will help you find the Godfather. Every night you will be able to follow someone and be informed if they are the Godfather or not. If you discover the Godfather, you will be able to kill him the following night phase. If you manage to kill the Godfather you will retire as an assassin and become a regular Townie, with the exception of being able to investigate one other player of your choice at night to uncover their role (1 time use only). You will also have to relinquish your samurai sword to a player of your choice, granting them a one-use night kill ability. Be warned however, that giving your sword to a Mafia member grants them an additional kill as well. If you are targeted for a Mafia hit, you will survive no matter what. However this extra night life is only applicable once, and your identity will be revealed to the Mafia if this happens. When role checked by Detective powers you will show up as a Townie.

Serial Killer: You are a psychopathic lunatic that doesn't care about the Town or Mafia, and is only focused on fulfilling your primal urge to kill as many people as possible. You must murder a person of your choice during every night phase. Clues referring to you will be left behind for everyone to decipher each time you slaughter someone. Mafia and Vigilante hits have priority over you, so if any of your attacks ever coincide with theirs you won't be charged with the kill, and it won't add to the killing power. You win the game if you are the sole survivor.

Last edited by Goose; 11-02-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 AM

All roles have been sent out! If you think there has been a mistake or you have any questions or comments about your role PM me.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DryBone

Go go go !
Old 10-31-2010, 04:54 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

What the hell, im a gay ass townie

i hate you goose or whoever chose the roles, i swear to god im going to rig this game

i chose to vote myself to lynch cuz this game sucks... I cant belive u made me townie

^^ that is in all caps ****ing hate all of you you did this on perpose to make me rage and it worked ur bannedf froma apl
Old 10-31-2010, 05:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Y, are you the silencer, I think we need to recruit you, heres the list of the mafia
Old 10-31-2010, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Now now - lets not spoil all the fun. Mafia godfather plz pm me cause I need to talk to you. <3
Old 10-31-2010, 05:29 AM

Hey guys silencer here, Im using my jack veteran powers night one so nobody lynch me also im visiting ccn.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:30 AM

yeah uhh mafia message me cuz uhhh yeah whatever someone said to ajuk last game.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
What the hell, im a gay ass townie

i hate you goose or whoever chose the roles, i swear to god im going to rig this game

i chose to vote myself to lynch cuz this game sucks... I cant belive u made me townie

^^ that is in all caps ****ing hate all of you you did this on perpose to make me rage and it worked ur bannedf froma apl
This guy is so mafia. He's obv trying to make people assume he's townie.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:25 AM

i wish the player inigo montoya played this mafia and got inigo montoya :P
Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM

Some things the town needs to do that were not done well enough last game:

1. Every time someone dies look back at their recent actions and try to identify why they were lynched. For example [Y] was lynched last game for straight up calling out the last 2 mafia members in the thread yet nobody brought attention to this fact after his death. The mafia are not hitting random people they are hitting the targets they perceive to be highest priority and looking into these high priority target recent actions and accusations can help flush out the mafia.

2. Do not keep information secret that does not need to be secret. Everybody and their mom should have been spewing the source of the mafia leak courtesy of ajuk last game yet it was kept remotely tight lipped and confined to pms.

3. Do not put absolute trust in to people who you are not absolutely sure about.

Lamster, O.o and sunshineduck were seen sending private message in the "who is online" activity section shortly after receiving their pms, lamster and ssd much more quickly. Possibly meaning they are mafia pming their partners, questioning their role or perhaps siblings.

edit: lamster seen doing moar private messaging after my posting this.

Last edited by Kuja900; 10-31-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
Lamster, O.o and sunshineduck were seen sending private message in the "who is online" activity section shortly after receiving their pms, lamster and ssd much more quickly. Possibly meaning they are mafia pming their partners, questioning their role or perhaps siblings.

edit: lamster seen doing moar private messaging after my posting this.
I actually think this is a really good idea (checking who's sending PMs, because my understanding is this is the only way mafia can coordinate) however I'm pretty sure your methodology is flawed: the last PM I sent was to you (Kuja900) several days ago. I did, however, immediately check my PMs after logging in, as I always do -- waiting for me was a tech support request from SPeciaL (which you'll note, I left open as I replied to his tech support thread -- I continued to leave his PM open as I made a note to add a persistent override fps setting to options.xml). Is there no way to discriminate between someone who reads PMs (which I almost always do after logging in) and someone who's sending PMs? PS please don't lynch me, I'm pretty sure the mafia is going to assume Goose singled me out for a blue role due to my dev status and murder me first night anyways [any medics want to show me some love?]
Old 10-31-2010, 07:54 AM

Lamster the roles are completely randomized using http://www.random.org/lists/. Also with lamster being a dev he has more reason to be pming then ssd, who was seen pming immedietly after role pms sent out. SSD is my top suspect at this point in time.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

but in all seriousness, consider me not playing, cuz im actually a townie with no role... good bye
Old 10-31-2010, 08:16 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

jsyk, reading any PM is also considered private messaging by the forum

so yeah, I was reading my role PM shortly after receiving it. definitely scummy.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:17 AM

Hey guys i'd just like to point out that danielle hasn't posted yet, which is NOT like her townie play.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

even if you are private messaging right after receiving a role, that behavior is just as likely to make you a sibling as a mafia

it's suspicious but not inciminating
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
even if you are private messaging right after receiving a role, that behavior is just as likely to make you a sibling as a mafia

it's suspicious but not inciminating
Not just as likely, more mafia than siblings so more likely mafia. Do not misinterpret this as solid evidence, complete hearsay until we get some clues.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:44 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Lessdoit babes
Old 10-31-2010, 10:24 AM

did u guys cancel last round cause of ajuk or what happened?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
Hey guys i'd just like to point out that danielle hasn't posted yet, which is NOT like her townie play.
Perhaps because the roles were given out after 3am and you posted that at 7am. On a Sunday morning.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
I was asleep you tard.
You promised you wouldn't be a douche....what happened?
Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

They didn't cancel last round; vig and jack used their kills on the silencer and the last mafia, so we won in a full on ending
Old 10-31-2010, 12:28 PM
Banned

Lets get this thing started.....

that better dani? :)

Last edited by Blue; 10-31-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:30 PM

Disregard this post!

Last edited by Danielle; 10-31-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:39 PM

El oh el
drama
Old 10-31-2010, 12:39 PM

Everyone close your eyes. You cant see anything.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Everyone close your eyes. You cant see anything.
well dont say that, NOW EVERYONE WILL LOOK

also dani ill edit it but you cant be sure that im something other than a blue townie

am i getting confusing yet?

Last edited by Blue; 10-31-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:45 PM

It's okay, I'll use that flashy thing from Men in Black so they won't remember.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
well dont say that, NOW EVERYONE WILL LOOK

also dani ill edit it but you cant be sure that im something other than a blue townie

am i getting confusing yet?
no, you're being a tard and this whole exchange even after the edit is so obvious to anyone who's not a total stupid head.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:50 PM

*click flash*
Problem solved.
Not another word. ¬.¬
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 PM

Lol'd.

Anyway, posting to confirm activity...

Okay, back to minecraft.
Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan20000 View Post
Lol'd.

Anyway, posting to confirm activity...

Okay, back to minecraft.
This guy is mafia.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:29 PM

lol i was thinking the same thing
Old 10-31-2010, 03:21 PM

What did danielle cancel? Moderators can have an advantage due to the fact they can check all edits on posts. Just saying cuz i am curious lol.
Also lets wait for the clue to start accusing people.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:24 PM

Blue said something stupid. I called him a retard told him to edit his post out, and i would then edit mine.
I also pointed out that mods have an advantage, but its his own fault for being silly.

Last edited by Danielle; 10-31-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:51 PM

Wow, lots of accusations before the game has even started.

And Sins, minecraft is amazing.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
you cant be sure that im something other than a blue townie
I can't be bothered to be sad at lynching a blue townie on Day 1. Remember the plan, Kuja and CCN and whoever else was there last night.