Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 12-24-2010, 08:16 PM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>
Default tbd_labyrinth

I was kinda bored and didn't have any internet connection, so I hopped onto map editor and played around with ball_labyrinth, which I noticed, didn;'t have a tbd counterpart. Anyway, I present to you...tbd_labyrinth.

Criticism appreciated...Ajuk, go for it.

Feel free to put this on any testing servers if you wish.

Version 1:

Version 2: (thank you Greek and leggo)

Version 3: (thank you carbon and DDP)

and here's bg

Download

Last edited by Sean; 12-26-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

hmm only really have time to say just one criticism point.

1. I don't really like the 2 little C shapes in the middle. Maybe take those out and leave that part empty. Same thing with the bottom C's, except replace them with one big horizontal bar at the near the bottom (like in ball_labyrnth, only probably not as big.)
Old 12-24-2010, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Just host the file on a storage website like Mediafire, copy the link and paste it here.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:51 PM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Looks like lob city imo, no turrets at the top above the base. Which means, a well coordinated push+super long lob=hit. But idk, might have to just play it out.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:11 AM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

Version 2 is here...with criticism taken from leggo and Greek. thx.

UPDATES:
1. 'C' things take out, replaced with low bar like in ball_labyrinth

2. Bar thingy above base turned aprox. 90 degrees (estimate)

3. Turret placed on top of bar above base with 90 degree turning radius for better defense from above.

QUESTIONS:
1. Should I put more turrets guarding top?

2. Should I make the turret currently guarding top have normal turning radius?

------------------------
Discuss

Oh, and thank you Dem.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:27 AM

I'm just gonna sya that this looks really really good.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:33 AM

Top of the map is kind of useless imo. Try moving the base up, and raise it on a levitating platform. That way, you add a bottom route and the top of the map will find increased plane traffic.

Otherwise, nice job.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:36 AM

And yes, WAY more turrets are necessary. Think about it this way. A bomber can camp up top and demolish the top turret with utmost ease. That leaves two lob routes for a time anchor to exploit.

The turret attached to the side of the base cannot hit anything over the base similar to the side turret in asteroids. However, in asteroids, there are more turrets that have range intersecting the area above the base. You only have one, allowing a push to last more than it normally would, for the bomb runner can now easily circle above the base till he gets a good look.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Agreeing with carbon that there's little incentive to go high. There's no item there, and it's ultimately just going to be a farther lob that's much easier to stop in terms of bomb-running, I think. Base should definitely be a bit higher, and items on high might help funnel traffic up there better as well, although changing the angle of the wall above the base like you did in v2 does add a bit of spawn protection, which is nice for runners.

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 12-26-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:13 PM

Version Three...(thanks carbon and DDP)

UPDATES:

1. Bases raised

2. Turrets repositioned

3. Protection bar above base moved and resized

4. Large 'C' thing in front of the base taken out and replaced with a small cross so the bottom isn't too easy of a bomb route with no obstacles.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Banned

Sean, i guess ajuk was sorda offended that u said "ajuk, go ahead", because he hasnt commented yet!

Anyways, the first one is truley to much, you'll see people with 100 deaths by the end of the round. like greek said, the c shaped thingmajiggers in the middle are pointless and were probably put there because you wanted it to have more features and less criticism. the second one is ok, but then bases in the corners ruin it for 1-2 imo. 3 is my favorite, because its way more balenced and it just looks sexy, so i say 3 on official servers
Old 12-26-2010, 08:29 PM

Blue, I had yet to realize that about ajuk not posting yet. I'm sorry if I offended you. It wasn't meant as a mean joke about your criticism being over the top and hated. I really want as much criticism as I can get on this map, seeing taht it's my first, and I look to you for criticism.

There got that out of my system.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Blue, I had yet to realize that about ajuk not posting yet. I'm sorry if I offended you. It wasn't meant as a mean joke about your criticism being over the top and hated. I really want as much criticism as I can get on this map, seeing taht it's my first, and I look to you for criticism.

There got that out of my system.
NO PLEASE NOT ME FOR CRITISM, I DONT WANT TO BE A SPECIES LIKE AJUK. and im not offended, because he never has anything nice to say. just saying that hes probably pissed, and when he see's this post, he'll come flying down his hall like a bitch and turn on his mac, and start ranting on me. Ajuk, we all <3 u. Love the lemonchiffon btw sean

EDIT: ajuk u know this is a joke right, just clearing it up before i get infracted.

EDIT EDIT: love the background sean, did u do that, very very cool. i'd assume you got a downloadable splatter brushes, for some faylva.

Last edited by Blue; 12-26-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
EDIT EDIT: love the background sean, did u do that, very very cool. i'd assume you got a downloadable splatter brushes, for some faylva.
actually thats the bg from the original labyrinth
Old 12-26-2010, 10:44 PM

No I made it...*wink wink*
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 AM

Oh man, it's starting to look like a good map . I'll have to play it sometime, is this being hosted anywhere?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:35 AM

Not to my knowledge. I don't have a problem with it being hosted on a test server (OP), but just say so please. For people that want to play against real people instead of bots.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:07 AM

spawn seems a little too close to the base, from the picture
Old 12-27-2010, 11:11 AM

Hey,
I think map empty space needed some editing. As you can see, i changed left side and bottom. I kept right side so you can better see the diferences. Hope this can be helpfull.
I also think that the object in front of the base needs some brainstorming... im sry my brain is... in bed at the moment
Anyway, nice job.

Last edited by Mandrad; 12-27-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
No I made it...*wink wink*
lol got the message. same legs.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Banned

Someone center that thing in the middle like it's supposed to. Not just 2 things on the same height mirrored.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:25 AM

Hi. Bump. I tried to do what Madrad suggested, but due to my current lack of any skillz in the map-making department...I couldn't do it. All I managed to do was making an invisible barrier where I wanted to create a hole. COuld someone do that for me? Yes, I did try this idea for a while.