Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:13 PM

Default elixir's guide to the bomber - with actual bombs! (ball)

Hello ladies and gentleman,

I come before you today to present a much maligned () entity in the Altitude Universe, the bomber equipped with bombs.

Now, a brief rundown on why you should play what is widely considered to be the worst plane in Altitude that isn't the biplane.

1) For the lulz.

Okay, so you've been convinced. Excellent.

Here is what you do:

Step one: make sure you are playing ball. There will typically be a ball roaming around, but not always. If you see this: you are not playing ball. You are playing quidditch - and likely overdosing.

PART TWO AFTER THIS SENTENCE BUT BEFORE THE END OF THE PAGE
Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 PM

PERKS THAT WILL MAKE YOU PRETTY BAD

Bombs: this one is obvious. You need this perk to do anything in this guide. I recommend using flak or suppressor if you don't want to look stupid.

Ultracapacitor: for a while, I really thought turbocharger was better. However upon further inspection, I believe this is due to my personal style of play, which involves actually touching the ball. For most bomb enthusiasts, I recommend ultracapacitor due to its one extra bomb dropped on a full load.

NOTE: afterburning is dangerous if you use ultracap, as you may not have the blue magic lava when you need it most. Tread wisely, my friends.

Turbocharger: This one is harder, because you get one less bomb. It's better at times though, because you can shoot one grenade/bomb basically any time you need it, which can be clutch.

NOTE: three bombs will not kill groups of planes (or likely even one plane if they are sneaky). Four bombs with ultracap will kill basically anything, perhaps excepting the tools who use heavy armor explodet. Losers.

Flexible wings: This **** is so cash I can't even tell you. Bombers suck at turning, and flexible wings help you turn. I recommend this above all other green perks.

My rationale is simple: to be effective with bombs, you need to be at the proper angle, and bombs fall at some freakin weird angles. The ability to turn quickly is exceedingly important for a bombs user, more so than for other types of bomber.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 PM

You thought those perks were bad? God help you if you use these

(insert image of every other perk)

WHY THEY ARE BAD:

Flak Tailgun: not bombs

Suppressor: got audited last year, and not bombs

Heavy Armor
: this is actually the least-bad option out of those listed. If for some reason you are a god of bomber turning, heavy armor may work out for you. But probably not. The extra armor will definitely help you survive all the bullets thrown your way when you **** up and are out of position because you can't turn, though.

Rubber hull: useful if you run into **** a lot. Actually, you're dumb enough to be using bombs, so you probably can't fly either. Use this perk.

Repair drone: utterly worthless. The only time you should be taking significant damage is when you go on a kamikaze run into the heart of the enemy, and you ain't walking out of that one buddy.

More importantly, having repair drone implies that you are spending time not shooting, which is required to repair. You should always be shooting.

Ace Instincts: yes, it's the best perk in the game. No, don't use it. Why? Durr, because it's all the sucky slow rechargeness of ultracap minus any benefit whatsoever. Bombs do so much damage that if you get bars (you won't), ace instincts will be a moot point.

Reverse thrust: lol but seriously, the only way to make bombs any worse is to use this perk. Reversing is a) time consuming, b) pointless 99.9% of the time (aka you could just fly like a normal plane and be equally or more effective), and c) drains your energy and prevents energy recharge.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:15 PM

STRATEGY, BOO YA!

The part absolutely everyone was waiting for, even Kanye West.

PART ONE: your role

Your task is simple: kill everything. Executing is slightly more difficult however because as previously noted, you are playing bombs.

- Stay back from the general melee. Spam grenades into groups of planes if you are level or below them. If you are above them, lob bombs. How, you may ask? THAT'S PART TWO DON'T GET EXCITED.

On offense, as with all other bombers, your job is to clear a path to the goal. If you're good, you can also hope for a pass from some douchebag yuppie miranda, but don't count on it.

On defense, your job is to do the same, but uhh don't score. The bombomber's role is made a lot easier if there is another plane blocking the shooting angles to the goal.

PART II: IN DA MIDDLE

Ok so you're flying around

LOL I LOVE THAT PICTURE SO MUCH

Anyways, in the middle of the map, here is what you do. Fly like, out of sight of the ball. So the ball appears as that weird little orb on the edge of your screen. On offense, fly slightly ahead of the ball and launch mad bombs into that ****.

On defense, fly above the attackers if you can, and drop bombs on them. In this case, however, you want your bombs to drop like, about two inches in front of where the ball was when you launched, to catch the handler. Or, drop them farther back to kill support. Whatever, you're probably going to die.

PART XX2: lol xx2 amirite

PART III: I honestly forget what I was going to put here. Let's go with like, killing stuff. Here's how you do it:

ATTACK MODE ONE: you are being chased down a tunnel. By Michael Myers. ****! You were an idiot and used bombs so you cannot shoot him with your buttgun. No worries, most tunnels have openings, and you're a goddamn plane. So fly NINETY DEGREES UP AND DROP BOMBS. Do not afterburn it will cost you too much energy.

protip: for added splash, flip your plane over and over like a retard while dropping the bombs. They will go in ridiculous directions and blanket a wider area, but won't be quite as focused.

ATTACK MODE TWO: openings.

Maps like mayhem2 and planepark have these beautiful, angled openings all over the place. Turns out bombs fit in them. It takes a bit of angle testing to perfect, but fly at like an even/downward angle towards the opening. Pull up ever so slightly (or more, for increased angles or distance) and let loose. This is mega-effective when you know the ball is coming, or just a plane in general. Why? Because your bombs hit them in the face, and you are at such an angle as to be virtually unkillable by them.

note: don't fly too close to the opening or they will see you. Bombomber is STEALTH MODEPRO.

ATTACK MODE SINSTAR: Umm, so you're in open space and can't spam tunnels or lanes or whatever. That sucks. Try using your grenades. Or, fly up and release. When flying into an enemy(ies), you want to do a quick pull-up and release, with your planes bottom facing the area immediately below the enemy. This will normally result in the enemy eating a lot of bombs. Or you die lolu.

ATTACK MODE KAMIKAZE AHHH MOTHERLAND: This one is actually very important. On defense, offense, or if you're bored, flying directly into the image of an enemy and detonating your bombs is crazy effective. You have more health than them, and they can't hit you because their gun is in front but LOLWAT yours is in the middle of your plane. So, fly into an enemy and tap D till they die.

note: this will kill you if you take more damage than your green bar allows.

note2: this is wicked effective at killing smoking planes who are trying the old "get real close to the bomber and hit them below/above thing. If they are above you, just turn into them and drop a bomb. It'll work. Or you'll die.

IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING THE F KEY:

Hey bro, in case you forget (and you will), you still have an F key aka grenades. Don't go out of your way to use bombs, only use them when they are more effective than grenades. If you need to snipe someone, grenades are often more effective.

END NOTE

As you may have noticed by now, my guides do not focus on strategy, save this last rambling post. Why? Because teaching strategy is borderline useless via words on a page. I give you the general idea of what to do, and you go mess it up fifty times and then maybe get it right. Everybody wins.

The keys to being effective with bombs are these:

1) Know your team - sometimes bombs are not the best setup for your team. Adjust accordingly.

2) Acid + bombs = magic

3) REMEMBER THE F KEY - don't fall prey to the "LOLOLOL DUMB BOMBS" trap of just floating across the top of the screen and hitting D. You are useless versus good opponents.

4) Know when to F, when to D from above, when to D from in front, and when to "kamikaze" as described somewhere in here, maybe.

5) Understand angles. Angles are a bombombers best friend. Know that one of the bombs greatest strengths is its ability to cut off angles due to how the bombs hover in a line for a second before they all fall - assuming you are flying upwards.

6) There is almost definitely a plane you could be doing better with. Except biplane. That thing is trash.

ETA NOTE 7) use flexible wings. You cannot achieve the quick pulls and turns necessary to really launch bombs without the added turning of flexi wings.

FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT BOMBS EITHER HERE OR IN GAME, I AM A VERY GOOD LISTENER.

God bless,

Last edited by elxir; 01-06-2011 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Elixir really is ssd. I didn't believe it. But the signature proves it.

omgwhathavewedone. {ball} Elixir.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM

My favorite guide
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to JDR Send a message via Yahoo to JDR

I just had a vasectomy yetserday. This guide reversed it.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

My name is sunshineduck, and I approve this message.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:43 PM

I lol'd at my shoutout. It seems I'm getting a lot of these in guides.

Other than that, good guide sir.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:32 AM

I'm in your screenshot!!

Good guide elixir! You actually went ahead and did one! Maybe this will inspire more bombers with bombs to play more effectively.

Edit: shouldn't this be in Guides?
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
STRATEGY, BOO YA!

PART XX2: lol xx2 amirite
bahahahhhhahahahhahhaha this is so funny, couldnt stop laughing at this stuff especially the herpaderdererpperping randa
Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir
If you're good, you can also hope for a pass from some douchebag yuppie miranda, but don't count on it.
you lost all credibility here. why the **** would you hope for a pass from a randa? That's like hoping that hot chick in your class will look at you on purpose. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN STOP WASTING YOUR TIME STARING AT HER. But she is really pretty.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
Edit: shouldn't this be in Guides?
elxir fails not only in name registration, but also in thread creation
Old 01-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
you lost all credibility here. why the **** would you hope for a pass from a randa? That's like hoping that hot chick in your class will look at you on purpose. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN STOP WASTING YOUR TIME STARING AT HER. But she is really pretty.
So true. I hope wise is reading this.

And as far as why this isn't in Guides, it's by elixir.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:03 PM

Default approve

fellow domber bff aproves
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 PM

my guides are too guide to wallow in the mediocrity that is the beta guides subforum