Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 08:17 AM

Default Five stars ace rank badge

Hey,

So I've also tried asking this in game before but I just get the usual heckling and names thrown my way so here's a shot on the forums. Does anyone know why some people have badges that look like 5 stars in a circle? Some people also have 3 stars in a similar patten where a badge should be. It looks like this without the 5 in the middle. five stars it's not the rank five badge as I have it and it's not that. I've looked around in the game/forums/almightygoogle and can't find it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:20 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

That's the badge you get as soon as you hit level 60 without acing up at all. Some people think that acing up is just a waste of time and stay at level 60 their whole lives..
Old 01-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffupus View Post
Hey,

So I've also tried asking this in game before but I just get the usual heckling and names thrown my way so here's a shot on the forums. Does anyone know why some people have badges that look like 5 stars in a circle? Some people also have 3 stars in a similar patten where a badge should be. It looks like this without the 5 in the middle. five stars it's not the rank five badge as I have it and it's not that. I've looked around in the game/forums/almightygoogle and can't find it. Thanks in advance.
Are you referring to the link you posted or to something you saw that is similar? And are you referring to the five stars in a circle that represents pre-ACE levels?

Edit: leggo beat me to it. Some people also ace once and think that acing is just a waste of time and stay at ACE ONE their whole lives..
Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 PM

acing is a waste of time
Old 01-23-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peww View Post
acing is a waste of time
expect for awesome ace 7 badges.

Last edited by Flexio; 01-23-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexio View Post
expect for awesome ace 7 badges.
im a newb just hit 60. is the only purpose of ace to get a new badge?
Old 01-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Lock View Post
Nah - you also unlock more plane slots for the first 5 times you ace.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Lock View Post
... and of course for the fun of leveling up... 10 times!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peww View Post
acing is a waste of time
/agree

acing iz liek 4 noooooobz!!!!!!!111!!!11!1

True story.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:02 AM

Ace rank badges actually fill a limited-utility niche.

The first time you "discover" a plane/perk or are forced to play one, you're still learning the game. The nth time you do that, it's got a different experiential effect, because you've got a different, (slightly-)more experienced perspective.

Also, having to slog through some levels without your favorite pew pew/dumb bombs/whatever is good XP.

Thirdly, you can go sixty levels in no time; doesn't mean you've learned much. At least there's a bare-mininum clue level you can expect from someone that's done 660 level's worth of play, which you can tell at a glance.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:47 AM

I know a guy (won't name him) who is ace 10, but is actually ace 5. He asked his friend to ace up for him from 6 to 10!

Never ever believe those Ace 10 ranks
Old 01-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo Mirage View Post
At least there's a bare-mininum clue level you can expect from someone that's done 660 level's worth of play, which you can tell at a glance.
I think that's a valid point. I spent 200-300 hours early on skill training without acing, but someone else who spent those same hours acing up to level 10 (or however high they could get) would certainly be better than when they started, just as I was better than when I started. But to say someone is good because of acing is just silly. But that exact argument was made a while back on the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
I know a guy (won't name him) who is ace 10, but is actually ace 5. He asked his friend to ace up for him from 6 to 10!

Never ever believe those Ace 10 ranks
Who cares, really? I mean it's cheating the system, so it's unethical, but the only benefit is a badge. There was a bot-farming scandal when ace levels were first introduced and that was a travesty, but if you're now desperate enough to have someone else spend the time to level up for you that's just sad. It's not like it gives you a benefit in-game, and it's not like you can go and sell your ACE TEN loopy for $500 on eBay.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Who cares, really? I mean it's cheating the system, so it's unethical, but the only benefit is a badge. There was a bot-farming scandal when ace levels were first introduced and that was a travesty, but if you're now desperate enough to have someone else spend the time to level up for you that's just sad. It's not like it gives you a benefit in-game, and it's not like you can go and sell your ACE TEN loopy for $500 on eBay.
Dude we need to start a bot farming chinese guild. I'll whisper every player messages like "SpEcIAL DEALZ - $50.00 for 5 Aces or $75 for all 10!?!" We can also offer experience and ratio boosts!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:04 AM

when will we have more aces? QQ
or atleast the option to get level 60 badge back.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Sigh. It was mostly meant as a joke, but tone get lost in the intertoobs. THought the smiley might help but apparently didn't The sad part was this guy has multiple accounts and wanted ME to ace up for him on his other account... WTF.

But having said that, when choosing Captain's pick once i've once seen a capt say "Maybe higher Ace means better??" and he chose that guy who cheated to ace 10 over me. So Boooooooo!!! Capt didn't know any of us.

Still, I really don't care but I like the Ace 9 badge the best, so I've decided to ace up to Ace 9. It's just a mundane f-holding exercise on ball_football.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
Dude we need to start a bot farming chinese guild. I'll whisper every player messages like "SpEcIAL DEALZ - $50.00 for 5 Aces or $75 for all 10!?!" We can also offer experience and ratio boosts!
It's about time we got paid for this gig. I'm in.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sigh. It was mostly meant as a joke, but tone get lost in the intertoobs. THought the smiley might help but apparently didn't
Oh, and uh... I should have written LOL because I was laughing at your post when I wrote my response. Didn't mean to go all super-serious on you. It was all lighthearted. Cheers.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 AM
Banned

I still remember how mad tyr was 'cause I botleveled

"OMGAD BOKO U BOTLVLED OMG CHEATER, U CAN'T LEVEL THAT FAST! COME TO LADDER I'LL BAN YOU THERE."

"Ok."

"/permban"

"lalalal /care"
Old 01-24-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Oh, and uh... I should have written LOL because I was laughing at your post when I wrote my response. Didn't mean to go all super-serious on you. It was all lighthearted. Cheers.
Touche!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I like the Ace 9 badge the best, so I've decided to ace up to Ace 9
The Ace 9 badge would probably be my favorite as well, but it has a weird 3d effect that none of the other badges have. This bugs me for some reason, so Ace 8 is where it's at imo.

That being said, I don't care enough about an icon to go past Ace 5.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 AM

Badges 3, 7 and 9 are the best. Not sure how that Scuba Steve badge got top honors but whatevs.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:59 PM

Because it has sharks in it and its the best, ldo.
Closed Thread