Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Tech Support
FAQ Community Calendar

Tech Support Trouble running the game? Found a bug? Post here.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:32 AM

Default minor bugs

edit: wrong section ;o /fail

Using widescreen laptop w/vista. vid card: radeon xpress 1200(integrated)

was unable to resize to fullscreen, had to shut down through task manager. When I restarted it was back in windowed mode.

The default res, is just a tad to big, can see everything if i hide the taskbar though. Changed it to 800x600.

I'm lagging a lot due to my university's traffic shaping policies(which are all manners of stupid but thats a different story), so the following two may be caused by that.

-Two times after I disconnected a sound persisted, I think it's the engine boost noise. Went away after I restarted.

-When I joined a game one time, one of the opposing teams turrets had no life left but couldn't be destroyed. It didn't shoot though.
Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 AM

Fullscreen worked when I tried it today. My graphics card has been tempermental about full screen before though. (Like games won't correctly run fullscreen on first try).

There was a graphical glitch(i think) with the names of players when i hit tab in fullscreen. Like one name would be unbold, and the rest would be bold, and the name who it was kept changing. Tried taking a screenshot but it took one of my desktop instead.

also, move this thread to tech support?
Old 05-10-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
-Two times after I disconnected a sound persisted, I think it's the engine boost noise. Went away after I restarted.
Basically every time I get kicked for packet loss some sound that was playing loops. When it happened to be emp I let it run because it was really cool, otherwise a restart fixed.

Sound: Realtek High Defenition Audio
Old 05-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

- When in full screen mode, alt-tab doesn't work unless you have another program running.

- The awards screen completely covers chat if your resolution is set to 800x600.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
- The awards screen completely covers chat if your resolution is set to 800x600.
lawl 800x600.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to skywalker Send a message via MSN to skywalker

well...i use 800*600
Old 05-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

I swear, every time I go over that center spire there's a point where I speed up a bit. It's so consistent that I account for it to avoid crashing.

When I stall, it covers the throttle bar with "stalled", and then when I unstall, the throttle is set at full. I don't want stalling to affect where I've put my throttle (which needs to change faster).
Old 05-15-2008, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Vi, you sure you not slowing down when you coming up to spire, then returning back to normal speed? I think some people have had their computers slow down when displaying that part of the map or somefin.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

No Lamsbro, I think I ride on my own personal wind.

Problem goes away with parallax off, so it could just be the lag making up for itself.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

It definitely seems to go faster than normal sometimes after a laggy spot... like it's trying to "catch up". This is especially noticable on my computer if I hold the Tab key for a bit (the transparency is murder on my computer) and then let it go. Everything goes into warp speed for a few seconds before settling back to normal.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:25 PM

more random stuff:

under vista: the desktop icon is pixelated and blurry(from stretching the small icon)

under ubuntu: i got that same strange white pixel with some black shading bug that stays on the center of the screen(and is still there after close), theres another post about this. Image attached.

Also, when i started it up, it flickered ridiculously, enough to give an epileptic person seizures ;o. Went away as soon as I turned vsync off.

General: Theres some minor issues with the friends list, sometimes I login and it claims someone(like Bob) is online and playing in a server, when they are not.

(PS: for those of you who have trouble putting 2 and 2 together, this is King!)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot.png (2.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonide View Post
under ubuntu: i got that same strange white pixel with some black shading bug that stays on the center of the screen(and is still there after close), theres another post about this. Image attached.
That's the splash screen ... It's fixed with the latest installers found at http://www.nimblygames.com/download.

Quote:
Also, when i started it up, it flickered ridiculously, enough to give an epileptic person seizures ;o. Went away as soon as I turned vsync off.
windowed or full screen? I'm guessing we should only vsync when in full screen since there seem to be problems on some implementations w/ windowed mode + vsync.

Quote:
General: Theres some minor issues with the friends list, sometimes I login and it claims someone(like Bob) is online and playing in a server, when they are not.
I haven't noticed this or heard anyone else complain about this. Outside of a bug the only way this could happen is if you or your friend Bob lost their internet connection for 8 seconds so the packet was lost or the game was killed by task manager or kill -9 or crashed. However, after a few minutes everything should sync up again and you shouldn't see them online/in a game if they're really not.

NOTE: added strikethrough command to bbCodes.. cant believe forums didnt have it already

Last edited by Karl; 07-29-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
That's the splash screen ... It's fixed with the latest installers found at http://www.nimblygames.com/download. OOPS!! the fixed installer was never uploaded. Will post when this is!
Oh, I didn't see that in the change log. ; )

Quote:
windowed or full screen? I'm guessing we should only vsync when in full screen since there seem to be problems on some implementations w/ windowed mode + vsync.
Defaults is full screen right? so it was full screen. I had some other graphical glitches using ubuntu too, might just be bugs in the driver. (gforce 4 something or other)

Quote:
I haven't noticed this or heard anyone else complain about this. Outside of a bug the only way this could happen is if you or your friend Bob lost their internet connection for 8 seconds so the packet was lost or the game was killed by task manager or kill -9 or crashed. However, after a few minutes everything should sync up again and you shouldn't see them online/in a game if they're really not.
Dunno, it seems to stick around sometimes when it happens. I have a high packet loss rate(enough to get me disconnected sometimes, depending on what other people are doing on the network).

Quote:
NOTE: added strikethrough command to bbCodes.. cant believe forums didnt have it already
Seriously how did we ever manage without altitude strikethrough.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Dunno, it seems to stick around sometimes when it happens. I have a high packet loss rate(enough to get me disconnected sometimes, depending on what other people are doing on the network).

Quote:
Defaults is full screen right? so it was full screen. I had some other graphical glitches using ubuntu too, might just be bugs in the driver. (gforce 4 something or other)
Do you use real nvidia drivers? i've testing on ubuntu using real drivers for a 7800 mobile... I think i used version 173.14.05.

Last edited by Karl; 07-29-2008 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 AM

Quote:

Do you use real nvidia drivers? i've testing on ubuntu using real drivers for a 7800 mobile... I think i used version 173.14.05.
(see attached) I get disconnected a lot I have no idea why, i suspect packet loss since my pings are always fine. It only happens when my bro is playing Sins(or altitude) afaik.

If by "real" you mean the one nvidia makes, yes. I don't know what version, it was whatever ubuntu offered. Can't say much more, I have since uninstalled linux on that machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg timeout.jpg (13.2 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 AM
Administrator

by real i mean downloaded from nvidia... the "proprietary" drivers that ubuntu offers oddly enough are totally different from what nvidia installer puts on there.

As for the continually getting disconnected that has to be packet loss... we might add a net graph someday so we can figure out if that is the cause.