Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Clan Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

Clan Organization Clan recruiting and other things clans want publicized.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:41 AM

Default Wings of Fury {WoF}

{WoF} Wings of Fury

{WoF} has taken shape and is now ready to start its activities as a clan. {WoF} is an experimental clan aiming to improve the way Altitude Planeball is played by attempting to design and implement strategies and best practices for the game. The clan now has a group of experienced members, it is worth noting that all the "Founding members" of {WoF} have chosen to join the clan based exclusively on the concept behind the clan. None of the Founding Members was conditional regarding who other members of the group were, or how the group is run. This fact highlights a strong interest in the objective we are set to try to achieve.

{WoF}'s members

MadDog Founding member
Current team leader and captain, Loopy and Whale mainly, Bomber when needed

Kupo-Chan Founding member
Co-captain, Whale, Loopy

Equivalence Founding member
Randa

Jester Founding member
Biplane, Loopy, Bomber

Ligature Founding member
Loopy, Bomber

Arbiter Founding member
Randa, Loopy

Blackheart Founding member
Loopy

Jazzspaz Founding member
Biplane, Loopy

Stu Founding member
Biplane

Grumbler Founding member
Whale, Loopy

Dozer
Whale, Loopy

Dangerous
Loopy

e4
Whale, Loopy

Anghell
Bomber

Triky Rik
Loopy

Hubert1969
Loopy

Noobzor
Randa, Bomber

Link
Bomber, Randa, Loopy

GOAL
Randa

Facilities
The clan has the following facilities:

- A dedicated public play server with official ball maps on rotation
- A dedicated private play server
- A mumble server
- A private website and forum

Principles

The clan operates with the following principles and objectives:

- Improve the way planeball is played
- Be respectful of other players and other clans
- Have fun, That's the whole purpose of it

Diplomacy and clan relationships
We have solid relationships with the following clans:

{T.T}: The leadership of T.T shares similar interests with the objectives that {WoF} is trying to achieve
>FT-: A good example of what a laid back and fun clan should be. They even have their own cheerleader offering winning incentives
{ball}: MadDog's first clan, strong relationships exist with a large number of {ball}'s team members and with {ball}'s leadership
///tV0: {WoF} is grateful to ///tV0 for the help that was offered during the recruitment process

We are privileged to have our own dedicated Altitude server, which is possible to lend to other clans. If you are a serious clan who needs a private server for a certain period of time, let us know. The server is located in the EU.

We also have a mumble server which, if we are not using, we will be happy to lend to other clans. Once again, let us know should your clan need it.

Recruiting
Over the next few weeks, {WoF} will be recruiting a few additional members. PM any of our founding members if you are interested in joining. Read the next post to know more about {WoF}'s mission and objectives.

MadDog

Last edited by MadDog; 04-27-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:42 AM

This post is here for reference purposes. It used to be the first post that launched this thread

Wings of Fury

New Experimental Clan: {WoF} (Wings of Fury)

It's been a while that I have been thinking about Altitude ball and how it is currently played. If we compare planeball to other popular team sports, let's say Soccer (or american football, for our american friends who mostly think soccer is for wusses), Altitude planeball has the same components of those two team sports.

1- A field
2- A ball
3- Passing (long - short)
4- Different team member roles and capabilities (Defense, Attack, Agile, Powerful, fast...)

At the professional level, those team sports (soccer, football) have strategies and tactics that are regularly followed during each game. In fact, at the pro level, the strategies and tactics consist a major part of what gives the teams a winning edge.

At the same time, those same team sports (soccer, football) are played in backyards, schools, or any social gatherings, without much strategies, or with few simple ones.

Currently, Altitude planeball is played mainly as a backyard game, ie without structured strategies to follow, or only basic ones. Many ball clans try initially to develop strategies, but end up either not following them or don't spend enough time improving them, due to the practical complexities and difficulties that come along.

{WoF} is an experimental clan which will focus primarily on implementing advanced planeball strategies, and maintaining a playbook of in-game tactics. Why is it experimental? Because there is still no evidence that there are enough ball players who are willing to take the game to the next level. The majority of members play altitude as a backyard game.

That being said, {WoF} is looking for members who are interested in trying to take altitude ball to the next level, the "pro" level. If enough members are gathered, the clan will kick off its activities.

The members that {WoF} is looking for need to have the following profile:
1- Have a genuine interest in ball mode and an interest/curiosity in improving the way it is played
2- Have a reasonable number of hours flying, and master flying their favorite planes intuitively (300-500 hours flying minimum)
3- Have the patience and maturity to brainstorm, develop, experiment, and practically implement the strategies in the gameplay
4- Be good at ball
5- Be respectful of others, and be respected ball players in the community

I will post the members of {WoF} on this thread ONLY if the clan gathers enough qualified members to kick it off. If not enough members are found, the roster will remain confidential and the members who applied will remain anonymous. This is to encourage good players to show interest in the concept without jeopardizing their relationship with their current clan prior to {WoF}'s kick-off.

The clan needs 12 players minimum, but the clan will kick off and will start its activities when 8 players have joined. The 12+ members will be divided into two sub-teams: team [ASTRA] (Advanced STRAtegies) and team [ATAC] (Advanced TACtics). This is needed to occasionally practice internally the developed strategies.

If you are interested in trying to take altitude ball play to the next level, and you are interested in joining {WoF}, send me a PM to discuss more.

[Note]: I know there are some skeptics out there regarding ball strategies and their feasibility. If you want to post your (constructive) opinion on this matter, please use a separate thread and keep this one for clan purposes, clean from theoretical debates.

[Note2]: For those who do not know me, I have been a {ball} clan member since the early times the team initially started. I have been away from Altitude for a whole year, so new ball players may not know me well. Don't hesitate to PM me if you want to know more about the ideas and concepts I have in mind for the clan.

MadDog

Last edited by MadDog; 02-18-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:42 AM

< reserved for tgleaf >
Old 02-12-2011, 03:45 AM

< reserved for tgleaf's ebay auction of the clan >

Item's up... let the bidding begin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg {WoF} eBay.jpg (100.4 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by tgleaf; 02-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

Damn. I have never been so adequately represented in a thread. Frickin' read my mind. Twice.

WooF!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Hey MadDog, all the best

Right now I too feel ball is sometimes a bit too much of a "rat race" and clusterfks... But I don't know if that will really change into what you hope to be more "soccer" -like.

Anyway good luck dude
Old 02-12-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekn0 View Post
Hey MadDog, all the best

Right now I too feel ball is sometimes a bit too much of a "rat race" and clusterfks... But I don't know if that will really change into what you hope to be more "soccer" -like.

Anyway good luck dude
Thanks m8. The 'clusterfks' (you hit the nail spot on with that term) are probably unavoidable, but when they happen (which currently is most of the time), a structured team knowing how to take advantage of its available armor and its targeting choices (as opposed to primarily shooting the plane with the ball), should be able to have the upper hand and get out of the mess with the higher likelihood of scoring a goal. This is of course one of the many theories that remain to be proven statistically.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Cool

this is a fantastic idea... for sure coming into the set up with the usual ad lib prep would make for a very interesting test... if you can get the right bunch of players in, who want to play possession altitude and play roles, positioning, passing, do/donts and what have you it could all be quite stella... perhaps this gets a bit more attention on this forum... and oh yes... i think this is my 2nd post ever lol

the jazzspaz
Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspaz View Post
this is a fantastic idea... for sure coming into the set up with the usual ad lib prep would make for a very interesting test... if you can get the right bunch of players in, who want to play possession altitude and play roles, positioning, passing, do/donts and what have you it could all be quite stella... perhaps this gets a bit more attention on this forum... and oh yes... i think this is my 2nd post ever lol

the jazzspaz
Couldn't have said it better, mate. Count me in.
... My 1st post ever
Old 02-14-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzspaz View Post

the jazzspaz
waaaaaaaaaat.
jazzy is back too :O?!

maddog you should draw the old school ballers back into alty to get this clan jumpstarted I think. Find jackshaftoe! I think triky rik is roaming the servers right now and Tortilla is on once in a while as well.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
waaaaaaaaaat.
jazzy is back too :O?!

maddog you should draw the old school ballers back into alty to get this clan jumpstarted I think. Find jackshaftoe! I think triky rik is roaming the servers right now and Tortilla is on once in a while as well.

Good luck!
Thanks Guava I did see Tortilla a couple times during the last 2 weeks but he is not logging as often. Jack has totally gone out of my radar, just as trikyrick, I haven't seen them again, different timezones and servers. Otherwise it would be have been great to have them on the same team again. It would be like having the old {ball*} team all over. {ball} might then get in trouble
Old 02-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
< reserved for tgleaf's ebay auction of the clan >

Item's up... let the bidding begin!
Hehe I didn't see that coming Missed somehow you have admin privs to alter it
Old 02-18-2011, 08:24 PM

{WoF} has now launched! and became an official Altitude planeball clan. First post updated with the roster! read up
Old 02-18-2011, 08:57 PM

Nice looking team maddog. You've done a great job so far. Can't wait to see how this team plays.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:00 PM

That roster looks pretty good. Just post in the AH thread if you guys are up for a scrim sometime.

Good luck to you guys!
Old 02-19-2011, 03:01 AM

Something useless =p

But really the best randa on the east cost? that might be a little exaggerated
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 AM

Hey WoF , LF would also be interested in scrimming you guys.

Since we're probably both EU based (mostly) if we get online at the same time with 6 guys each , we should try a scrim.

You seem to have some really great talent there.. good luck!
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Thumbs up

Hello all, glad to be a part of WoF!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equivalence View Post
Something useless =p

But really the best randa on the east cost? that might be a little exaggerated
It's all a plan for getting as much as possible out of the ebay auction!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupo View Post
It's all a plan for getting as much as possible out of the ebay auction!
You bet it is. But then again, I really don't know of any better randa on all the east cost
Old 02-19-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
Hello all, glad to be a part of WoF!
Great to see you onboard grumbler!
Old 02-19-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorPayne257 View Post
That roster looks pretty good. Just post in the AH thread if you guys are up for a scrim sometime.

Good luck to you guys!
Thanks Major you should be hearing from us soon, just the time we get our act together a bit considering that we just launched
Old 02-19-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Hey WoF , LF would also be interested in scrimming you guys.

Since we're probably both EU based (mostly) if we get online at the same time with 6 guys each , we should try a scrim.

You seem to have some really great talent there.. good luck!
Thanks Tekn0, yeah scrimming you guys will probably be easy since we regularly see eo around. We are still in the process of recruiting a few more members to have more chances of having 6 online.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 PM

I am proud to be part of this team, thanks.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:45 AM

Thumbs up Feb 20 scrims

We had a chance to play two scrims today against Livewire Flyers (LF) and Full Throtle (FT). Thank you LF and FT for hosting us on your respective servers and good games today.

{WoF} vs (LF)
Match result: 5-0
---
(6-1) Mayhem
(6-2) Asteroids
(6-1) Grotto
(6-1) Core
(6-2) Darkwater

{WoF} vs (FT)
Match results: 5-0
---
(6-1) Mayhem
(6-1) Asteroids
(6-2) Labyrinth
(6-1) Grotto
(6-3 ) Football ()

===
Screencaps:

{WoF} vs (LF)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 14-57-42-862.jpg (93.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 15-08-00-426.jpg (93.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 15-18-18-168.jpg (92.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 15-26-39-439.jpg (93.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 15-36-58-499.jpg (92.6 KB, 27 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 AM

===
Screencaps:

{WoF} vs (FT)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 15-48-40-235.jpg (94.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 15-54-18-882.jpg (94.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 16-01-00-217.jpg (92.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 16-09-21-714.jpg (93.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg altitude 2011-02-20 16-15-16-959.jpg (92.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumbler View Post
Match results: 5-0
Ouch. Our turn. How's next Sunday at 1pm EST?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Hey WoF, thanks for recording the results. I was looking forward for this.

I wish someone in LF would do this for all our matches, but thanks.

BTW, we'd like to scrim again when but when we can play both our full time Whales

It was really fun scrimming you guys and thanks for the games.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
Ouch. Our turn. How's next Sunday at 1pm EST?
hmm perhaps this would be a bit too soon and burning stages too quickly for a starting team Better in 2 or 3 weeks of time, the time we got enough of our act together to play a team like {ball}. We are also missing bombers in our ranks, something we may need when playing you.

Aiming to scrim Air, AH and tV0 next.

Hang on to that thought tg, you will hear back from us I myself am looking forward to playing {ball}

MadDog
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Hey WoF, thanks for recording the results. I was looking forward for this.

I wish someone in LF would do this for all our matches, but thanks.

Quote:
BTW, we'd like to scrim again when but when we can play both our full time Whales
It was really fun scrimming you guys and thanks for the games.
Sure, anytime Tekno, thanks for the fun games
Old 02-21-2011, 12:04 PM

let me echo Tek with thanks, really enjoyed watching you guys play (how it felt at times lol) and you instigated some good discussion amongst us and that can only be good.

best of luck guys, lets scrim again soon

Rag

Ps - can someone ask equivalence how he dodges? it's like trying to hold water
Old 02-22-2011, 01:04 AM

Four new additions to our team!

{WoF} welcomes Dozer, e4, Dangerous and Anghell!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:48 AM

Whoa did anghell leave ball?!?!?! Good job on the pickups, your clan is looking solid man
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustav27 View Post
Whoa did anghell leave ball?!?!?! Good job on the pickups, your clan is looking solid man
Guess so...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:46 PM

Now its ON!

Yeah and im Jester and i had to make a post
Old 02-24-2011, 01:01 AM

{WoF} welcomes its newest member: Athaudia! (Bomber mainly)

Last edited by MadDog; 02-24-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:28 PM

{WoF} welcomes its newest addition to the team: Triky Rik (Loopy)
Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to Ajuk999

Nice addition! Good Luck tomorrow guys!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

9 founding members, 2 of which have the same account.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
9 founding members, 2 of which have the same account.
And still looking better than any of your clans...Looks good, guys. Can't wait till our scrim later!