Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:43 PM

Default auto-join

it'd be nice if the first person to auto-join was actually the first one let into the game.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:13 PM

Also if upon a spot opens up for you to auto-join, if the game would ask if you still want to join the channel, rather than automatically quit your current game, or at least give you a 10 second warning before it moves you.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:13 AM

as an addon to blank's idea, it would be useful to have a notification of the current waitlist to get into a server.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen this happen before as I have been in queue for a server and then Pillars, my roommate, will join the queue after me only to have him enter the game before me. I think that there isn't a "queue" to join a game but rather the program probably keeps checking for an available spot every few seconds or so. You can see the obvious flaws in that system in that it creates "windows" for others to join a game before the first person in the queue.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
I have seen this happen before as I have been in queue for a server and then Pillars, my roommate, will join the queue after me only to have him enter the game before me. I think that there isn't a "queue" to join a game but rather the program probably keeps checking for an available spot every few seconds or so. You can see the obvious flaws in that system in that it creates "windows" for others to join a game before the first person in the queue.
Sup roommate.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
yea i think it's every 10 seconds the client tries to connect to the server.

we plan on doing a queue system some day but it's a ton of work and the polling system works well enough for the time being.