Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Ladder Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

Ladder Discussion Everything related to altitudeladder.com and the ladder servers goes here.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:39 AM

Default Speedo'11 Massive Ban.. 30 days

Hi all. i'll make this short. about 2 weeks ago i was playing on a ladder server. i'm a noob but i read the rules before i went to the ball server of course. the admin had a good reason to ban me of course. basically because i left mid game and didn't return after being told to. and i know that players go there to compete and take it very seriously when someone disobeys the rules. so i'm not arguing there. i'm sure i hurt some player's score when i did that. basically ruined that game and i'm sorry. Also i remember before that game somebody said my kills to death ratio wasn't up to par and that i should spectate. which would have been the smart thing to do. so i'm sorry and i assure you it will not happen again. is 30 days really a necessary punishment though? I seems harsh but you tell me.

Cheers, folks
Old 04-17-2011, 12:50 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

i'm not the admin that banned you, but from what's listed in the bunker it appears that you were banned for an exorbitant length of time to set an example for the rest of the ladder noobs who come in with 0 grasp of the rules and apparent lack of ability to speak english.

this is definitely the way to go about appealing bans of any length. wouldn't be surprised if rye reduced your ban or even eliminated it altogether seeing as you've served 7 days of it.

thanks for being civil
Old 04-17-2011, 01:08 AM

Ok thats good news. yeah i'm not offended because i know i did something wrong. I felt really stupid after that incident. but i'd like to be welcome there again at some point i'm sure ry, you, and other admins put up with alot and needed to make a stand.. and wow what a slam i got . but no worries. I agree that reducing would be awesome though..

p.s. yes i'm a ladder noob but i read the rules prior to joining and i was not trying to disrupt the ladder on purpose.

Thanks, SSM

Edit: the core reason why [L*]rye banned me was for not spawning. Very sorry to all who were participating during that game.

Last edited by SupportSingleMoms; 04-17-2011 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

Wow finally someone who was banned from ladder and did not rage about it on the forums. You have no idea how much that means.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Demuyt

Yep. When I read the title I expected it to be something along the lines of

Quote:
İM BANNED FOR <excessive amount of time> YEARS please un bann me
i dont leave again at midgame please un ban me please
Note the capslock'd parts, they're subtle.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:16 AM

Everything that's been said so far in this thread is true. It was the first or second day of ladder, with a LOT of new players on. I did make your ban longer than I normally would've, not only because the rules should have been fresh in your mind, but also because I wanted to set a standard for everyone else who was there.

I greatly appreciate your civil response, and admittance of guilt. I'm completely willing to reduce/remove it, whenever I get back on my laptop that can access altitude (later tonight or tomorrow, no later than monday).
Old 04-17-2011, 03:38 AM

he won't be so nice next time you break the rules tho, so if you don't know how a part of ladder works or get confused or anything, just ask.