Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:16 AM

Default Bomber weapons

I hardly ever play bomber because it's a cheap-ass noob plane, but I did today and noticed something:

A: It has no red perk to change the primary weapon
B: It's called "Bomber," but only has one bomb weapon

suggestion:

Make bomber with grenades/bombs the first, default version of the bomber. Make bomber with grenades/flak tailgun the second version of the bomber

then for the final red perk variation......get rid of the long-range tailgun and replace it with incendiary bombs. The bombs would drop out of the sky, then, either upon hitting enemies or upon reaching a time limit, explode into balls of flame which linger and damage enemies like acid does.

Not only does this seem cool and fitting to the plane's name, but I hate the ass gun.
---------------------------------------------

edit:

I still think that long-range gun should be dropped, but I think a primary weapon perk should fill in the opened red perk slot. The bomber's only primary weapon option is grenade.

Last edited by as red as black; 07-25-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:26 PM

I've gotta say, I don't particularly enjoy the bomber either, but the tail gun is a lot better then some people make it out to be. When someone is tailing you, you can easily destroy them with the tail gun, and that happens more often then not. Or if your retreating, you can fire into a group of people.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:32 PM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Tracking Tailgun is what makes Reverse Thrust Bomber hillariously fun.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:19 PM

Well while the bomber is definitely a very effective plane, it makes me sad that that there is no incentive to actually use the bombs. I remember back to old altitude, where the bomber could only shoot below with the bombs or behind with the tailgun, which was hilarious (and bad). The upside of this was that it actually played like a bomber SHOULD play.

Another irony is that the bomber is terrible at bombing the other team's base, but I can live with that.

I don't have a good solution to this, but we need something less powerful than the dreadful "smart bombs," but also better than the old bomber, which could not shoot targets in front of it. Additionally I think the bomber should never have bombs and grenades at the same time -- they use too much energy to be used effectively together.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:29 AM

If there are bomber buffs, the skill cap on bomber should be somehow increased. Watching lvl 60 demo players spin in circles holding f and d and getting the occasional kill is reprehensible.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
the skill cap on bomber should be somehow increased.

Watching lvl 60 demo players getting the occasional kill
Maybe the skill ceiling's already in a good place.