Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-29-2011, 03:29 PM

So curious.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:52 PM

My bad, I think kennedy called town on SSD and mintz, mintz called town on SSD and kennedy and I thought I saw SSD calling town on mintz somewhere, but I may have just imagined it.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:58 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

stay off them shrooms bro
Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

Again, given their behavior, I just see them as town, nothing more to it. Given that they both have a 66% chance to be town, this is not surprising to me.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM

Also kinda suspicious of xorg. He isnt posting in this thread, and is voting (lurking) and he feels the need to justify his vote despite everyone already bandwagoning on DDP.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:06 PM

Im back and ill read everything from the start so im up do date with this
Old 08-30-2011, 12:02 AM

There are currently 25 players remaining.

There are currently 14 Townies remaining.
There are currently 2 Police remaining.
There are currently 5 Mafia remaining.
There are currently 4 Corporation remaining.

Current Mafia KP is 2
Current Corporation KP is 1
Current Police Force KP is 0

Right now it's 16v4v5, which I'm going to simplify to 16v9. Scum has KP of 3.

Assume worst case scenario:
If we lynch incorrectly today, scum kills 3 people, tomorrow is 13v9
We lynch incorrectly tomorrow, scum kills 3 people, day 4 is 11v5v4
We lynch incorrectly, scum kills 3 people, day 5 is 8v5v4
We lynch incorrectly, scum kills 3 people, day 6 is 5v5v4 and we lose because mafia wins.

This means that we can afford to lynch incorrectly three times under the absolute worst case scenario. It is more likely that at some point corporation will kill a mafia member or some other mechanism will kill corporation. It is more likely that mafia's KP will be reduced to 2 within the next 3 days.

For this reason, I suggest we unvote DDP and continue scumhunting elsewhere. I'd like to take out a difficult to read, inactive target - I'll speculate about whom later but Xorg, Sean, Selfish Lover, Shrode, and Nobo all come to mind.

I'm aware of another role or item in this specific game that functions similarly to the investigative reporter in that it gives the user strictly the role name of their target. I don't think GGQ would create two investigative roles based around names and then make all roles unambiguously named - shady dealer could be a petty criminal who is not affiliated with Mafia or Corporation. The black guy in this horror movie, dig?

I think that DDP's powers would make him an asset to town if he is telling the truth. We can afford to leave him alive for today and have a cop investigate him tonight, plus I think we'll get lots of information tomorrow from claims and whatnot - that's when I expect this game to really take off.

DDP's reactions were scummy. I still think he's scum, but I'm not yet convinced enough to lynch him rather than lynch a lurker.

I'm unvoting DDP.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
It is more likely that mafia's KP will be reduced to 2 within the next 3 days.
reduced from 2*
Old 08-30-2011, 12:08 AM

HEY MY MATH WAS WRONG CHECK THIS OUT

Current Mafia KP is 2

If we lynch incorrectly today, scum kills 3 people, tomorrow is 12v9
We lynch incorrectly tomorrow, scum kills 3 people, day 4 is 8v5v4
We lynch incorrectly, scum kills 3 people, day 5 is 4v5v4
We lynch incorrectly, scum kills 3 people, day 6 is 0v5v4 and we lose

I guess we still have three mislynches but it's under different circumstances.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

BEE TEE DUBS, day ends at 11pm Eastern tomorrow! get your votes in!

ALSO BEE TEE DUBS, I still need replacements, if anyone is following the game and wants to join in the insanity, please PM me and I'll get you into the game.

Last edited by GGQ; 08-30-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
HEY MY MATH WAS WRONG CHECK THIS OUT

Current Mafia KP is 2

If we lynch incorrectly today, scum kills 3 people, tomorrow is 12v9
We lynch incorrectly tomorrow, scum kills 3 people, day 4 is 8v5v4
We lynch incorrectly, scum kills 3 people, day 5 is 4v5v4
We lynch incorrectly, scum kills 3 people, day 6 is 0v5v4 and we lose

I guess we still have three mislynches but it's under different circumstances.
Can't Mafia kill corp and vice versa? They could just be targeting a normal townie and kill the others, or intentionally use their powers to try and kill each other.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
Can't Mafia kill corp and vice versa? They could just be targeting a normal townie and kill the others, or intentionally use their powers to try and kill each other.
I thought the same thing. I think what Kennedy is implying here is that there are more townies so the odds are higher that a townie will be killed.

Please don't edit your posts, GGQ. I'll let you off with a warning this time...
Old 08-30-2011, 05:17 AM

Location: longest spear =====================================================================================>

@ kennedy. Don't kill me. You really wont like the effect my role has. Explanation wise... I just started high school so im bogged down and can't get on much.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
reading whole posts: how does it work?
Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 AM

i really don't like how the town will just sheep anything but for once i would agree with stalin on a xorg lynch tho we must watch for ddp. Xorg is usually very talkative, but instead just votes this game, except he feels the need to explain every vote. Along with that what confuses me most is how cryptic his post was in response to me. I will wait to vote him until closer to the deadline tho.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorg View Post
If u re-read investigation about DDP, it quiet obvious that he is mafia/corp. There might be good reason to put somebody else into jail. If we lynch DDP and we realize that he's mafia, there won't be any sense to put somebody into jail, even we have townie. If we have 1 more town victim, I think that jailing is the only way to unable night powers.
this is the post i am referencing.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
i really don't like how the town will just sheep anything but for once i would agree with stalin on a xorg lynch tho we must watch for ddp. Xorg is usually very talkative, but instead just votes this game, except he feels the need to explain every vote. Along with that what confuses me most is how cryptic his post was in response to me. I will wait to vote him until closer to the deadline tho.
I wish we had more time, but xorg is probably my first choice for a lynch today.

Shrode was actively defending DDP. I don't know how to read this. I don't think he's on a team with DDP, but he might be mafia who knows that DDP is town. If one of them is mafia/corporation, I highly doubt that the other is also mafia/corporation, because defending a scumbuddy in this scenario would be stupid. I wouldn't say I have a strong read on Shrode, but think I will if we ever get around to lynching DDP. I don't want to lynch Shrode today because I think I will be able to have a read on him later.

I hated Sean's response to my FoS. He basically countered my observation by soft claiming a role that I have no method of guessing rather than using any kind of logic, and provided a typical lurker excuse for lurking. I'd be open to lynching Sean today, because I don't see how his behavior is going to change in a way that makes him easier to read at any point during this game.

I think Danielle is town and don't really want to talk about her again today. This is me outing a towntell on her that I might end up explaining later in the game if it becomes relevant, for now I'd rather keep it to myself.

Clapon is probably town. The sarcastic way he's pushing on DDP is way different from how he acted towards me when I was getting pushed on. He seems to actually be following arguments to their logical conclusion and then drawing/outing conclusions he as drawn, and I think he's an asset to this game and someone who I will continue to be able to read.

I'm almost positive that Premier Stalin is town. The way he claimed, the way he outed the jailer stuff, everything makes me think that he's town. Not a great player, but town.

Nobo is lurking hard. I'm surprised he ran for mayor, because he seems out of his element in a mafia game and I expected him to think that being mayor was too much responsibility to handle - this makes me think that there's something related to his role that caused him to want to be mayor. I'm not sure what that thing is, but I'd like for Nobo to explain himself and his reasons for running.

EvilArsenal legitimately hasn't contributed a thing to this game. Also he's in the item game and therefore has a 2/5 chance of being scum from my point of view. I'd be fine lynching him, I can't read him at all and don't expect that to change. I wouldn't call it a top priority though - I speculate that he might be more active if he were in fact mafia. That's meta though, and based on this game I don't expect him to be useful.

Andy's lurking, not much to see. I expect he'll pick up now that he's back from vacation or whatever so I don't want to lynch him today.

I think Gammel's town but that's a soft read. He was willing to stick his neck out and challenge my status as token scumhunter for the game. Gammel I'd like for you to out some more of your reads - gimme a good long post on your thoughts from this game please.

Selfish is lurking pretty hard, too, but actively. He's posting and saying nothing. I'd be open to lynching him today, but would otherwise like to hear more from him.

Goose is being way more lurky than I expected from him. I don't know what to make of it - I don't want to lynch him today since he in general has a pretty high capacity for playing mafia but definitely want to see more from him. I suggest someone investigate him tonight if we have more than one investigative role in contact (so the first one can be on DDP).

So, people who I would be okay with lynching are:
Selfish, EvilArsenal, Nobo, Sean, and Xorg.

Preferably Xorg, but I'll hold off on voting until tomorrow in order to give these people a chance to talk.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:28 AM

I still want the lynch on DDP.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:15 AM

I'd like an explanation.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:10 AM

I read everything and ill post some opinions on the most important things.
- We elected a mayor, he cleared himself (or at least that is what i understood), but yet he isnt guiding us and kennedy is. While i tend to agree with kennedy's general ideas it doesnt mean that we should let him guide us all the way.
- DDP's role doesnt look very town sided and his explanation was poor to start off, but if his role is really that it could be a really powerful role for the town. I dont really know if its better to wait like kennedy said.
- Xorg is trying to push the lynch really fast with close to zero explanations, he is giving no contributions and doesnt seem like a player that i would miss in this game if he got lynched.
- Premier why would you claim a role like that, its really stupid.
- Sean i didnt like this post he made
Quote:
@ kennedy. Don't kill me. You really wont like the effect my role has.
its really defensive.
- nobo isnt posting a lot but his playstyle is coherent with his last mafia game.
- evil isnt really contributing a lot in this game.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm lurking (today as opposed to previous night, when I was contributing fair amounts) because the best information we are going to get is DDP = scum. The role name is obviously scummy, and his reaction was also fairly scummy. There's no reason why we shouldn't lynch him as opposed to someone else--I didn't think that we were gonna get any more certain of a scum tell from anyone else based on just people talking. The argument that Kennedy is positing (that DDP is scummy, but we shouldn't lynch him in the off chance that he is town and his role is actually useful) sounds bad to me because we're not gonna get a higher probability of scumcertainty on anyone else, and any other lynch we do will just as likely be on a useful role.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:24 AM

Why did you run for mayor?
Old 08-30-2011, 09:36 AM

No real reason. It's the start of the mafia game, there is literally 0 information out there. Figured if anyone were to be mayor, it might as well be me (because the only thing I could be certain of was that I was town).
Old 08-30-2011, 09:37 AM

I also figured that "a vote for me is a vote for not ssd" would be a clever campaign slogan.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:34 AM

If you read my orginal posts for mayor Andy, you will see why I am not leading. Here are my thoughts:

I am not sure about lynching Xorg, I think he is just a bad player with 'interesting' english skills. Difficult to get a read off that.

DDP is still probably our best lynch, but I would be open to letting him live one more night if we can prove something either way. It is worth noting that non of the other roles we have seen have ambiguous names.

If we agree to investigate DDP it is very possible that the mafia/corp have a power which can misinform investigators, it would be a no brainer for them to do so.

I don't think Dani is scum, since she attacked me so obviously when I was running for mayor. I don't think mafia/corp would break cover like this.

I do not know how I feel about Kennedy suddenly switching FoS after pushing this lynch so hard early on. If he is mafia, it's very easy for him to manipulate us. I agree about the lurking though and if any of us see those that he listed in game, get them to post their thoughts in this thread.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:34 AM

Also sean's post is awful whoever's perspective you look at it from. Please elaborate.
Old 08-30-2011, 11:46 AM

Yes, Rib. U are right I'm a bad player. Sean's post looks protective so I'm thinking to lynch him
Old 08-30-2011, 11:55 AM

So xorg, why shouldnt we lynch you?
Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post

If we agree to investigate DDP it is very possible that the mafia/corp have a power which can misinform investigators, it would be a no brainer for them to do so.
Good point, actually. I guess we should lynch DDP today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I do not know how I feel about Kennedy suddenly switching FoS after pushing this lynch so hard early on. If he is mafia, it's very easy for him to manipulate us.
Please elaborate on this. I'm going to change my mind when new information comes to light, and I do think that Xorg has been particularly scummy today.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Please elaborate on this. I'm going to change my mind when new information comes to light, and I do think that Xorg has been particularly scummy today.
Not saying you are scum, just that no 'new' information came to light. You just did some basic probability which came out with what I assumed we all knew anyway. If we repeatedly mislynch, we lose.

Xorg is kind of scummy and, whatever happens he is not an asset to the town. If people think it's wise, perhaps we ought to ask him to claim.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:02 PM

I also believe that DDP says he is in a PM circle with the cops. He says they will not come to his aid, but I refuse to believe they are all this inactive. I think he is using this as a last ditch attempt to bait them so that they reveal their roles before he dies.

If he really was in a PM circle with the cops, then I don't believe they would have voted for him.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:13 PM

I don't want anybody to claim today unless they're going to be lynched.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:36 PM

I still think that DDP is the right choice to lynch. His role name and reaction is very very scummy. He promised to post an elaborate post regarding his role and never did it. His silence is almost like a guilty statement. There is always a tiny uncertainty, but with DDP I think we are as close as we can get without the almighty GGQ coming down from the heavens and confirming that he is scum. So I'll continue to vote for him.

Xorg reacts scummy as well, with his lurking and over explanation of his vote. He tries to shift the lynch on Sean, but refuses to Premier Stalin's question. It is scummy, but not as bad as DDP currently. We can ponder to lynch him tomorrow.

Sean's softclaim with 'You really wont like the effect my role has' sounds really scummy as well. If he doesn't say more about his role, I consider it a scumtell.

@Kennedy: It may be true that we can afford to misslynch, but we shouldn't. Lynching one scum only brings us closer to win. So why should we stop lynching an almost guaranteed scum to lynch some potential scum? That doesn't make sense to me at all and also sounds kind of suspicious. Because tomorrow we'll probably get more information about who to lynch next, further confirming scum roles.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:35 PM

@Piccolo I often like to use early mislynches on lurkers/scrubs, because you can get information from the behavior of active players but have to waste power roles on reading lurkers. The information that we get tomorrow would be more valuable if the investigations weren't wasted on people who aren't saying much. Obviously the intention is to lynch mafia, but mostly my rationale for the switch was having second thoughts on the possibility of losing a town-sided version of the role DDP claims to have, because giving cops 2 investigations or immunity to night kills seems very tempting.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

in class, will make this short

sean's reaction is bad but is not something i want to test while DDP is alive. would prefer a xorg lynch 1000000x more.

gonna vote DDP, looks like nobody's claiming to support him. would like to see one last ditch attempt by him to get us to switch votes though.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:54 PM

still like xorg lynch. Sorry man, but if (and for me that's a big if) you are town, you aren't a helpful one. Sean looks scummy aswell, looks like he is referencing some hunter role? Obviously possible that that is not the case. Will keep mine on DDP, but will be here all day ready to change if something comes to light.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:55 PM

Even after rereading the last two pages of posts, I can't seem to understand how Xorg's behaviour is scummy. Because of not saying stuff/lurking (like >50% of the population), or by bad english? I stick to my ddp-vote due to reasons allready stated.
Also, I must admit i find Mintz pushing the Xorg thing so hard a bit suspicious.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:13 PM

yup, he's definitely trying to avoid getting DDP lynched one way or another. can't say for sure whether it's a town tell or a scumtell until we see what ddp flips as though.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM

After thinking about it more, DDP is the best person to vote. IF he is telling the truth, he is only powerful with cop(s) claimed, and that might not even happen. So worst-case scenario, we vote a weak-role townie. Best case, and the more likely scenario based on the role name and DDPs replies, we lynch a scum.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 PM

gammel, I will try to keep this explanation sort of short, it will likely end up tldr but that is what it is.

My reasons for why I think a Xorg lynch is good.

First, a discussion on scumhunting in a forum game. Certainly I have played games upon games of mafia (be it EM or forum) with many of the players in this game. Those people I have somewhat of a better chance of reading given that I know their styles. For example, Kennedy often pushes very aggressively, and someone like Danielle always defuses arguments within town. These are patterns I have noticed. I also notice Yank and SSD going after each other in both games (Kennedy's Mafia 9.0), so that is a read that I have (both are argumentative with each other.) If one person suddenly behaves very different than their usual self, that leads me to believe that they are in some way scummy, or that they have an extremely powerful town sided role (so they don't want to be killed.) More likely they are scummy.

However, I don't have a read on Xorg, simply due to the fact I have not played with him in a mafia game so far. What I do know about Xorg is that he is generally very talkative. If you look at the number of posts he has made, he certainly has time to be on and posting, and furthermore post actively in this game. However, he has not.

In addition, some of the things he has said have been very questionable. If you go back to page 3 (before rib even came onto the scene) he voted for ssd for mayor. I posted about how I thought kennedy might be a better choice (just my opinion at the time) and then immediately he posted changing his vote to kennedy, but not because kennedy was "a better choice" but rather "to make things more interesting". MAKE THINGS MORE INTERESTING??? WHAT??? In a game where words matter, because we get no clues, we have to analyze them closely. Also, admitting you are a bad player, why would we want you around?

He also has shown tremendous ability to sheep. For an explanation of sheeping, go here. (http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Sheeping)
Sheeping certainly isn't a bad thing, but it can be. We can agree that SSD and Kennedy have been two of the town's biggest players so far. If one of them is a baddie, then Xorg would literally follow them into the fire. This makes him useless as a townie.

Almost done, I promise :P

Yes, I would like players to speak perfect English. No, it will not affect the way I vote. If one can post this much in the forums, one has the english skills requisite to be a helpful mafia player.

I am not pushing the vote, I HAVE NOT EVEN VOTED FOR XORG. I simply am giving food for thought, especially if later today DDP is cleared by some method. We wouldn't have much time, and would need to decide a lynch quickly. I simply think Xorg would be a good one.

Also, a funny aside, isn't it funny a brit got the king role???

Mintz out.