Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 09-02-2011, 01:51 PM

Or just landmine blows up, killing everyone, and the rest is just artistic flair from our very own GGQ
Old 09-02-2011, 02:26 PM

I did have a huge towntell on kennedy. I was wrong. I also had a town tell on ssd, I was right. Lynch me if you will, but we townies will still have a huge advantage in that case.

Spart, to put it this way, if we were aligned together, would we buddy together so hard? Doubtful, because again, Kennedy still wins if corporation wins. He would not buddy so hard with a corporation member because he risks the chance of offing them as well. To find corporation, I would suggest looking for the people kennedy had little or no contact with.

And is it wrong to celebrate a good thing? After all, I have lost my last 3 completed forum mafia games.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:54 PM

**** you ssd i have 0 items, and nothing to do now. I am literally just a townie >.> KILL ME NOW!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
By little I mean more than I was before, now that it's been confirmed that Kennedy was scum. I still think you pushed too hard on Kennedy's towntell, and now you might be trying to play the townside victories too hard as well. After the last day and night phases you've been uber excited for town, which seems a bit overboard imo. Trying to hide your role as corporation...
And in addition, we can agree that the three loudest voices of the town had been kennedy, ssd, and I.

If kennedy and I were able to contact each other, why would both of us put ourselves at risk?

I know it looks scummy that I had a huge towntell, and I admit in your position I would be suspicious of me as well. But you must look past the simple facts unto the inflection. There are many people that blindly followed kennedy, and at least as a townie I have had a mind of my own.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:37 PM

There are 6 items, 1 got destroyed. What do you all have? We know SSD's items, but that leaves 4 more to discuss. Should the items be claimed or not?
Old 09-02-2011, 03:38 PM

Sorry, *3 more to discuss.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

no, i was stupid to claim mine - didn't realize there was an armor item. in the interest of protecting all the item gamers, we should keep the owner of that item's identity a secret. maf/corp need to get successful night kills to win, so they likely won't waste it on an item game player. item game player with the armor item should ldo use it.

fwiw, i'm slightly confused right now. i attempted to steal kennedy's item last night, but someone switched my night actions from me onto mintz. my message was something along the lines of "you silly duck, you can't steal items from mintz, he's not in the item game!"

so my conclusion is that this clears mintz of being corp (unless a towny wants to claim and say that they switched the roles? your role is essentially useless anyway) because there's no reason at all corp would switch the targeted night actions from one of their players to another - they'd obviously switch it to someone from another team. he could still be mafia though.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:44 PM

interesting. any other events that happened in the item game that could help us?

Also, I will start analyzing kennedy's words after i finish this madden game.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
OMG 2 POSTS AFTER DEATH, FORUM BAN.

I still want to know whether someone killed you, or you died by accident when Dani tried to protect you.
If I understand what happened in correspondence to my actions, I THINK I killed him inadvertently. That's all I'll say for now, if you want me to claim I'm prepared to but maybe I shouldn't give away my role yet (despite it being kinda useless and this just being luck).
Old 09-02-2011, 06:13 PM

Oh also yeah SSD is almost 100% town
Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM

ssd is town. item game player. town won item game. ssd=town.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:15 PM

oh yeah duh, i just found out in a different way
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 PM

i see. well it is probably best that you do not elaborate, unless it could be helpful in outing someone. Because knowing your role could give maf an advantage. Anyone else have reports?
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 PM

SSD, you are basically some sort of amazing hooker doc, I suggest you use your item on yourself or a fellow item game member so that you are protected. That way, as you say, we are unlikely to get lynches within the item game since the combined KP of the mafia/corp is only 2.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 PM

From what i understand SSD has an item that can protect someone else from getting killed, then someone between smush, spartan and clapon has an armour that protects them from getting killed. It could be wise to claim the armour at this point so we dont risk to double protect the same person, and if theres some doctor role remaining he should stay on SSD and in this way we would have 4/5 confirmed townies always covered (i put ribilla into that count too since he still has a bodyguard). Do you think it could work or is it wiser not to claim?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM

Thing is, the mafia already know who the townies are, there are only three corp, so they have a high chance of lynching a random townie. The same argument applies to the corp. Whilst we only know 5 townies for sure, they probably have their own reports (idk if that is a mafia power) and so they are still likely to kill among the town even if we are protected.

Since we are all PRs, we all have a similar worth. IMO SSD protects himself, the armour guy protects himself. That leaves us with this situation: SSD has 2, 1 destroyed, armour was given out randomly. Clampon claimed no items (unless he was bluffing, that's a stupid move IMO, should have tried to get himself killed so we only lost a vanilla townie) which means that either smush has 2, spart has 2 or they have one each. Mafia won't kill clamp, they won't target SSD and it would be stupid for them to kill among smush and spart when they have a 50% chance of a no-kill.

This protects our item gamers and leaves our Doc (if we still have one) with their power free.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:29 PM

That was very poorly written, but basically:

SSD: Protected
Clampon: Vanilla
Smush:50% chance of protection
Spart:50% chance of protection

Item game players saved. This leaves the one of smush/spart free to use their item.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:39 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

fwiw, we should try to lose as few clears as possible. today i want to lynch stalin or xorg.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM

Im pretty much cleared I thought. xorg is a much better lynch than me anyway.

Why would you lynch me?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 PM

you contribute absolutely nothing to town, nobody has cleared you, and you haven't stopped posting immediately after people started assuming you were town. i'd rather ML you today even if you're town just because i don't want you screwing up a vote on mylo. also, why me = fry me

i'd rather lynch xorg today anyway and lynch stalin later. voting as such.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 PM

If i have learned anything from epicmafia its that why me = fry me
gg stalin
Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 PM

We need to avoid as less mislynches as possible. I would like to lynch Stalin today.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM

I havent been active much because my role doesnt let me give much to the town, and so really my posts have no relevance in a game where so far we have no investigative roles helping much.

I also fail to see any reason I've given for voting me, any scumslip or w/e.

I'm also actually fairly good at working out who is the good/bad when it comes down to it, I do play EM a fair bit, anything nooby Ive done is because Im not familiar with forum mafia as such.

Xorg on the other hand has been very scummy, as pointed out earlier in the thread.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM

When I said why me, I didnt mean like "pl0x dont lynch me, lynch someone else" I meant for what reasons, where he thought Id gone wrong
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 PM

if we could lynch two people today, i'd want to lynch both of you. neither of you are going to be any use to the town whatsoever and have great potential to lose town the game if it comes to a mylo situation. i want xorg to claim today, and we will proceed from there.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
if we could lynch two people today, i'd want to lynch both of you. neither of you are going to be any use to the town whatsoever and have great potential to lose town the game if it comes to a mylo situation. i want xorg to claim today, and we will proceed from there.
I agree with the first part although the town is following you since you are 100% clear so i dont know why someone else would vote something different from you.
Xorg and premier are the ones who have given the least contribution to the town but there are still loads of players lurking:

1) Duck Duck Pwn
2) evilarsenal
3) Clapon
4) Kennedy - Dead Corp
5) Woken
6) sunshineduck
7) [Y]
8) Spartan
9) Premier Stalin
10) yankinlk
11) Dark_Sage
12) Ribilla
13) MintzMachete
14) Sean
15) shrode
16) iamjagman
17) Xorg
18) Smushface
19) nobodyhome
20) Selfish Lover
21) Massi
22) Torrent
23) acegunner
24) mjolnir
25) andy
26) Danielle
27) OT Piccolo
28) G00SE
29) gammelonkel
30) GGQ Banking (bot)

I have bolded the ones i noticed didnt post in the last two days.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 PM

Shrode actually posted a bit but all he does is one small post per day.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:52 PM

I have posted a lot more than most on this game. I also claimed very early on, and saved us a kill night one. Either I'm more clever than you think I am, or I'm a total retard mafia.

I don't understand this bandwaggoning from SSD tbh, he has no reason to think I would be bad in a lylo situation anyway, and I probably have played more mafia than a lot on this game.

xorg also refuses to claim, ignored the question I asked him earlier on the thread, and FEELS THE NEED TO REASON HIS VOTES ON A BANDWAGON. If thats not a scumtell....
Old 09-02-2011, 09:09 PM

When did you save us a kill?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 PM

Night one, when there were only two hits. Could of hit a BP, or could have been saved, or I could have saved us a kill as mafia tried to hit me.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:59 PM

I literally posted earlier today lol, but here are my thoughts atm. There haven't been many elaborate role claims yet this game, and I don't feel like Stalin is one to make a role up early-on. I get the feeling he is actually town, just not very smart for claiming a role that does no good claimed.

That being said, if he is smart, the lack of a reason for claiming his TA role would make him look like he is acting out of character. I don't know stalin or his mafia experiences well enough to know how smart he is, but im leaning toward dumb town.

I don't have any real strong reads on anybody, but as long as we use the protection successfully we have a great numbers advantage now, it's just too bad confirmed townies can't PM confirmed townies, cause it would be nice if Rib could talk to item players privately.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
Night one, when there were only two hits. Could of hit a BP, or could have been saved, or I could have saved us a kill as mafia tried to hit me.
you can't be killed by mafia? o_O

also, even if you did have that ability, in no way did that mean that you saved a night kill, lol.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Dani, the paronoid doctor visted kennedy to protect him, however she accidently killed him at the same time that he came to kill evil. Evil then promptly shot dani before he died.
Danielle going to protect Kennedy but killing him instead is pretty obvious. I think Kennedy was trying to steal Evil's item, but the motion detector landmine got triggered as he approached him. Neither Evil nor Kennedy could have killed each other based on the items that GGQ posted they had, so I'm not sure how Evil - "the burnt man" - could have killed Danielle after the explosion...
Old 09-02-2011, 10:09 PM

I would like to see something from Goose, it is not like him to be quiet.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 PM

wait, rib mentioned before we elected him that he has a PM group. rib: how many people in that group are still alive, and are they guaranteed to be town?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:14 PM

It would be nice, but as far as I am concerned SSD is acting Mayor, he is confirmed, can protect himself every night and has a lot more experience than me. Willing to follow what he says. I am learning towards prem as retarded town as well, but I still don't understand the rationale behind him claiming (please explain).

I kind of also feel that Xorg might be town and just has no comprehension of anything occurring around him. However, this makes him completely useless. It is also likely that the corp had a mafia read on him and Kennedy was pushing it so that we would get a mafia lynched, gaining our trust. XORG PLEASE CLAIM OR YOU WILL BE LYNCHED

Just interested in what he has to say.

I would also like to hear what Acegunner, Gammel and Yank have to say, they aren't posting much.

SSD, thoughts on if Dark_Sage should claim?
Old 09-02-2011, 10:17 PM

Sorry for that post above, didn't realize there was a page 13 >_>

I'm still FoSing Xorg for he erratic behavior and posts
Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 PM

also, based on what Rib said (and Radium put so concisely), Smush and I have a 50% chance of getting protected. Seeing that we're item gamers, I'd say that maf and corp have good reason to "waste" two turns on us. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
wait, rib mentioned before we elected him that he has a PM group. rib: how many people in that group are still alive, and are they guaranteed to be town?
Not many, I don't want to say how many because it might give something away to mafia, at least one of the players still in the group is experienced. They are guaranteed to be town. I'll chat to them and see if I should reveal anything.

From my point of view there are more than 5 confirmed townies atm.

I wouldn't say there are many powerful PRs left in our group.

Y'd I say Radium.....sigh. I meant Rib put so concisely >_<