Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:09 AM

I see no reason not to start this now - my game will go on for awhile.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still 4 players short, I'd really like to get the full 30.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 AM

come on fegs join
Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Hi there. I would like to join in. I'm new to the forum and to Mafia games, but I read those Mafia threads already. It sounds pretty fun.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

No mexicans allowed.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

i wanna play :O
Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
i wanna play :O
Me too! Go get some more people to join. Like mikesol. Or tyr and kuja and storm and such. Or hell, get lamster and zoe in here.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:57 PM

ahh, GGQ. Look for some people as: Ingbo, Goose. U can look around all maifas where there were participants of mafia.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:23 AM

I will play
Old 08-15-2011, 09:43 AM

I'd love to join, if there's still room.

Played in a couple previous mafias.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Alright, great, there's one spot left! Grab it quick!

INSANE MAFIA will officially start this Friday or Saturday, since I'm going for vacation this week. If there's extra sign-ups, I will keep people for replacements, since modkills are an essential part of every mafia game... If the last spot isn't filled by then, I'll cut a role.

Role PMs will go out a few hours before the game starts to allow people to connect with their teams if they have one, and to get comfortable with their roles. Remember not to start campaigning for mayor until AFTER the game starts. TY, and have fun!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 PM

Good news! All six item prototypes have been received by GGQ Banking and are ready to be sent to the volunteers. We look forward to working with you through the coming days!

We regretfully inform you that in the case of death or debilitating injury to any volunteers, GGQ Banking will by no means be held liable for insurance purposes.

Last edited by GGQ; 08-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

wait what happens if mafia gets mayor

are we boned

edit oh i get it carry on

also item game players can run for mayor right
Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

The mayor can be lynched even with bodyguards still alive.

edit- Yes, anyone can run for mayor. You escape without a warning for editing that post... but only because the game hasn't begun yet!

SRSLY though, guys, don't edit your posts. Double posting is a-ok. I won't give you an infraction for it on this sub-forum, but I might just modkill you for editing.

Last edited by GGQ; 08-21-2011 at 05:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

FOR THE RECORD,

All role PMs are now out, but the game has not started. Please refrain from starting to play in this thread. The game will begin at precisely 11pm Eastern tomorrow, with a Day 1 post coming up shortly beforehand. Then you may begin posting and running/voting for mayor.

Please review the 'Voting' section of the rules before the game starts. In summary, there will be a separate thread for voting, and you need to use special formatting so my eyes don't bleed trying to count votes.

Use the time from now until the start of the game to organise with your team if applicable, and to ask questions relating to either your role mechanics or the game mechanics. Remember that some questions may be better asked to me privately!
Old 08-21-2011, 05:50 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

you never answered my can item game players run for mayor question
Old 08-21-2011, 06:16 AM

All six items have been randomly distributed among our valued volunteers. We will be monitoring you all closely, and hope these experiments will live up to our expectations. Thank you and good luck!
Old 08-21-2011, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
you never answered my can item game players run for mayor question
I did. Any player can run for mayor.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and reveal that the one role I cut was the only neutral role in the game... so don't worry about neutral players anymore. That role was really just me trolling all ya'll anyways lol.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:40 AM

What was the neutral role? I forgot.

Also will you be updating a google doc or spreadsheet or something so that dead players and non-sign ups can see what's going? To me, it feels like this kind of game would be more enjoyable as a spectator, especially with the hidden roles and items.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 AM

so if an item game player gets elected, is he immune to the item game night actions as well?
Old 08-21-2011, 08:08 AM

and the items in the item game cant be used on any outsiders untill their party has gained them by winning the item game correct?
Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Do I win yet?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:56 AM

Do we not get a list of roles?
Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
What was the neutral role? I forgot.

Also will you be updating a google doc or spreadsheet or something so that dead players and non-sign ups can see what's going? To me, it feels like this kind of game would be more enjoyable as a spectator, especially with the hidden roles and items.
I'll reveal what the neutral role was along with all the other roles after the game is over. And yes I have a spreadsheet with all the info.

Quote:
so if an item game player gets elected, is he immune to the item game night actions as well?
The mayor is immune to any item abilities, yes. If the Mayor is an item game player, he is NOT immune to having his item stolen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
and the items in the item game cant be used on any outsiders untill their party has gained them by winning the item game correct?
Nope, items can be used on anyone you want. GGQ Banking wants the testing to be as robust as possible .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
Do I win yet?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Do we not get a list of roles?
Nope. INSANE, etc etc. I've been following recent mafia games, and there's a disappointing reliance on roles and game-setup to try to find the mafia. The real fun of mafia is trying to figure out mafia by their posting, which you are forced to do in this game because no roles are confirmed. Enjoy!

Last edited by GGQ; 08-21-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Thats fine as long as there are no roles like the Granny, where their presence changes play entirely. (I just googled PRs and that came up.)
Old 08-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Thats fine as long as there are no roles like the Granny, where their presence changes play entirely. (I just googled PRs and that came up.)
I can't promise that there aren't any roles in the game that you'll find frustrating.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
1) There will be a separate thread in the Mafia forum for voting. This will allow me to quickly see whose votes are on whom while retaining my sanity.
This is a good idea, I'm going to steal it for my next game.

Quote:
Regarding the Mayor: Do not start campaigning for Mayor until AFTER the game starts. Voting for mayor will take place the same way as voting for a lynch. Players will not vote for a lynch on day 1; instead, they will vote for a Mayor who will decide the lynch himself. The Mayor will receive two bodyguards who are guaranteed to be town (they will know that they are bodyguards, the Mayor will not know their identities), and the Mayor cannot be targetted by any kind of ability until the bodyguards are dead. The Mayor can, however, be lynched. The Mayor's vote counts for 2 votes.
Have the bodyguard roles already been assigned, or are they given out in addition to their other role? What if a bodyguard gets elected to be mayor, doees that mean he only has one bodyguard?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post

Have the bodyguard roles already been assigned, or are they given out in addition to their other role? What if a bodyguard gets elected to be mayor, doees that mean he only has one bodyguard?
Each Mayor chooses his/her bodyguards if I'm not mistaken; it isn't a preset role.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:08 PM

can we start the vote for mayor now?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
This is a good idea, I'm going to steal it for my next game.

I have already answered both of these questions earlier in the thread. For the record, Dark_Sage is incorrect. Reading is a useful skill toi have in mafia, guys. Use it!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
can we start the vote for mayor now?
I have already answered this.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I have already answered both of these questions earlier in the thread. For the record, Dark_Sage is incorrect. Reading is a useful skill toi have in mafia, guys. Use it!
Ahh, mb. I r stupoid.
Old 08-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

INSANE MAFIA

It was near 800 years ago that the legendary warrior Pandain carved out a kingdom for himself among the fertile valleys of the Western Altitude Foothills. Upon setting down his sword and taking up a life of peace, he named his land Insania. Centuries passed and Insania's power waxed and waned. Diplomacy and war often brought the little kingdom to the brink of annihilation, but Pandain's royal descendants fought heart and soul, generation after generation, to maintain the sovereignty of Insania. Finally, only 150 years ago, a treaty was signed by the reigning king LSB, confining the borders of Insania to the limits of its capital city in exchange for peace with its neighbours. The city-state of Insania remains a monarchy to this day.

While the peace has kept Insania safe from outside forces, the same cannot be said of internal dangers. Over the last few decades, organised crime has become a greater and greater problem in the city. The monarchs have increased the size of the Police force to try to combat the Mafia, but this seems to have only provoked them further. The mysterious Godfather of the Mafia has been making increasingly overt strikes in the past months, and the city appears to be on the brink of a violent bloodshed. Alas, weakness only invites more predators.

With property values declining in response to the increase in crime, a shadowy syndicate hailing from a distant part of the world has begun to purchase and invest in Insanian businesses over the last year. They seem to completely lack any sense of ethics or morality, breaking laws and beggaring rivals to further their power. Those whom they cannot buy out or swindle simply disappear. When the police attempted to arrest the Corporation's CEO, they were met and driven off by the Corporation's bloated force of "security guards". For better or for worse, they are now a major power in Insania.

With life growing increasingly dangerous and oppressive under the rises of these two evil powers, the citizens of Insania have become steadily more impatient. As the situation comes to a head, many have been heard to say that it's about time to take things into their own hands...

edit- It's 11 so the game has officially started. Day Post is slightly delayed, it'll be here in a couple minutes -_-

Last edited by GGQ; 08-22-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Day 1

Karl, captain of the King's bodyguard, climbed the steps two at a time to the King's throne room. He was only a few steps away when he noticed that the shadows in the corner were slightly larger than they should be. Immediately his muscles tensed and he reached for the ornamental sword hanging from his hip. It was too late.

The crossbow bolt punched through Karl's chest, throwing him back against the wall. Blood seeped through the decorative cloth of his uniform. Robed and hooded, the assassin slipped from his corner, spared the captain a glance and moved towards the door. Summoning the last reserves of his energy, Karl pushed himself from the wall toward the hooded figure.

"My Lord!" Karl cried, "Assassin!" Karl's grasping hands caught in his attacker's clothes and they tumbled to the ground together. The man slipped a knife from his sleeve and stabbed it into Karl's belly but he was beyond caring. He already knew he was dead.

"Get him out!" he screamed, "Get the King out!" He had two of his best men in the room with the King, and they knew all of the secret tunnels in the old castle. He only had to hold the assassin down for a few moments to ensure his lord's escape. Somewhere in the back of his mind he knew that a steel blade was ripping into his body over and over but all of his strength was focused in his arms. Hold...hold...hold...

Lamster strode into the old warehouse, his team of policemen fanning out to either side. Their guns were cocked and loaded, and flashlights scanned quickly across the room.

"Surrender yourselves," Lamster called out loudly, "nobody needs to die here. We have you surrounded and outnumbered." From every side came the sound of windows shattering, doors being forced open, booted feet running. Teams of policemen were coming through every entrance in the warehouse, determined not to let this opportunity slip by. Reliable information pointed to the Godfather of the Mafia being here tonight, and the chief of Police had committed Lamster and a significant portion of the Police's strength to bringing him in.

"We can do this the hard way, if you really want," Lamster warned as he pulled his own gun out. Signalling to his squad with his hand, he spun around a containment wall near the center of the warehouse, pointed his gun... and froze solid. He was looking at a quantity of explosives such as he'd never seen before. He had time for one sentence.

"Oh ****."

The next day the townspeople gathered in the central square. The king was in hiding, nowhere to be found. The few remaining policemen had gone to ground as well. There was no one left to save them. It was finally time for the townsmen to try to save themselves.

Lynches, they decided. Every day, someone would be lynched, and the colour of his blood would tell them if they had chosen true. Every day, until the town was safe once more.

But in the meantime, the city was without a leader. The King had no heir, and he was still king anyways even if he was hiding. The townspeople reached a conclusion. The first day would be set aside for electing a mayor to rule the city until the King should return.

For the next 72 hours, you all shall discuss amongst yourselves your candidates for mayor, and cast your votes in the voting thread. Vote for the player that you want to be mayor. At the end of this day phase, the person with the most votes will win the election. Good Luck, and Have Fun!

Karl the Captain of the Guard has been killed!
Lamster the Superintendent has been killed!

Last edited by GGQ; 09-12-2011 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:09 AM

SOOOO considering im the first post that means im automatically mayor, right? :P
but im actually really tired just got back from vaca so im gonna hit the sack. pce
Old 08-22-2011, 05:12 AM

hello my name is sunshineduck and i want your vote for mayor

this is why:

1. i am super cute and funny
2. i am good at this mafia game
3. i happen to be town this game
4. i am a frequent target of night actions that do bad things. namely killing me.
5. this tends to happen very early in the game
6. if i am dead (and oh man will i die if i'm not mayor) i can't help town win. this is bad.
7. i am super cute and funny
8. i am also in the item game, and if i am kept alive that means that we cannot lose the item game and are guaranteed the items once everyone else in the game that isn't town is dead.

a vote for sunshineduck is a vote for victory

now rock it
Old 08-22-2011, 05:49 AM

I'd like to nominate myself for mayor.
With all due respect to everybody here, I am the most experienced mafia player in this game. I have run the last couple of games, am creating my own mafia website, and have played literally thousands of mafia games over the past couple of years.

I'm going to be one of the first targets that Mafia and Corporation pick to kill, and I feel as though I need the protection of the bodyguards. Also, honestly I'm the best scumhunter here. Having run and read through these games, I've seen lots of obvious tells that people missed or innocent mistakes that people took to be scumtells - I won't make those same mistakes, and having the extra vote power will increase my influence on outcomes in a way that will save innocent people from getting lynched, and more efficiently persecute those among us who are scum.

This post might make it sound like I'm an egotistical prick when it comes to playing mafia. I am. It's for a good reason, and I'm going to prove to you if you elect me for mayor.

I know there are probably going to be lots of people campaigning for mayor, because everybody wants the extra power and attention. I do too, but I think my reasons are more valid. I'm going to be killed quickly without bodyguard protection - having run these games I know for a fact that good players are targeted immediately and have no doubt that I'm already at the top of both hit lists. You want me alive, and this is the best and perhaps only way to make that happen.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 AM

hello my name is nobo and i want your vote for mayor. here is a list of reasons why:

1. i am not ssd
2. i am a townie.
3. my power is important but i will not tell you.
4. you know that i am telling the truth because from my history of playing mafia on this forum i have 100% been a townie and i have also 100% told the truth.
5. i am not ssd.

a vote for me is a vote for not ssd. vote nobo for mayor.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunner View Post
SOOOO considering im the first post that means im automatically mayor, right? :P
but im actually really tired just got back from vaca so im gonna hit the sack. pce
Why did you feel the need to check in if you weren't going to contribute anything?
Old 08-22-2011, 06:02 AM

Quote:
8. i am also in the item game, and if i am kept alive that means that we cannot lose the item game and are guaranteed the items once everyone else in the game that isn't town is dead.
SSD has a decent point here. I am town and in the item game, and having a mayor with all the items basically means we win.