Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:39 AM

voted stalin for now but i'm definitely open to changing that
Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 AM

Well just saying town as rib said it'll be very hard to win this if we ML, I'm for lynching goose primarily, his role is over complicated, not very powerful, and I rather believe he is lying.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
Well just saying town as rib said it'll be very hard to win this if we ML, I'm for lynching goose primarily, his role is over complicated, not very powerful, and I rather believe he is lying.
/agree

Apart from his role is super-****ing powerful. If we lynch him and he was telling the truth, it may be our only chance at winning (he can kill corp). I believe he is playing off this though.

I am away for the next few days, and I will try and get online on my phone, but no guarantees, so I'm going to vote now.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:50 AM

I can understand going for goose, but you guys think he's corp instead of maf? We can't just lynch any scum at this point
Old 09-09-2011, 09:51 AM

plz don't kill me. I desperately wish to survive. I will do anything you guys want, plz just give me a second chance. I beg of you
Old 09-09-2011, 10:24 AM

So yank why no vote for me? You wasted your power on me without even really believing I'm corp? Nice work.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 PM

Goose is 100% scum. Why would GGQ give out a role that is at best, effective on Day 4 when the game is almost over.

Goose, this is such a freshman mistake. <3
Old 09-09-2011, 03:22 PM

I notice a Fos from Smush, and I can understand that. Many claims have come by, some undeniably scummy. I am however reluctant to claim right now, so unless town demands it, I'll wait till tomorrow.

I have Goose as #1 suspect, voting accordingly.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:01 PM

Going for Goose as I have made clear this whole day and the role he claimed really only increased my suspicions.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:57 PM

Ok guys you caught me, I'm scum ****! O well gg, it was a fun game, i hope GGQ makes another one soon.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:20 PM

hehe. lol
Old 09-10-2011, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Night 4

One flew over the Goose's nest. Another one hit his window, smashing it in. Goose leaped to his feet and rushed out to the balcony.

"What is the meaning of this?" he shouted angrily.

His only reply was a chorus of "Scum! Scum! Scum!" and a shower of rocks from the crowd.

Ducking under one particularly large one, Goose shouted out, "No, please, just give me one more day to finish my Killer Attack Zombie(tm)!"

But the town would not be swayed. A chunk of concrete smashed into the side of his skull, knocking him from the balcony onto his front lawn. With a cheer the raging townsmen swarmed into finish him off.

Goose, the Firearms Fence has been lynched!
Quote:
You are the Firearms Fence. You import weapons and pawn them off to fund the Corporation's projects. As an expert in the field, you can easily plant weapons on someone at night, making them appear as mafia to alignment checks that night (this will cost you $1,000,000, however). You also have access to the Black Market, located at http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/CTAYseeaqH8s4. Use a hidden identity when posting in the Black Market! You can sell RPGs on the black market, which are a one use item that the owner can use to kill one person at night. An RPG can also be used to break bulletproof protection. Unfortunately, you can't risk being traced to these weapons, so Corporation members can't use the RPGs themselves. The Corporation has $10,000,000 to work with. Your teammates are -redacted-. The Corporation quicktopic is located at -redacted-. You win with Corporation.
NOTE: You can now send me night actions. The deadline for actions is 11pm eastern on sunday the 11th.
Old 09-10-2011, 04:32 AM

I HATE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*
Old 09-10-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose View Post
IMO Stalin appears to be Corp to me, and i'm sending my zombie to kill him tonight unless he gets lynched. Selfish and gammel seem pretty scummy to me as well.. Ace and andy seem ok for now.
Not basing anything off this, but this is a good starting off point for discussions. Apparently since town has some decent night actions it would be good to discuss during the night phase as well.

I'm doubt whether both Goose and Stalin would bus each other if Stalin was corp, so I guess that stalin may be clear of being corp (not maf tho).

Selfish voted for Goose but has yet to say anything in this thread recently. He must be reading this thread in order to have voted for Goose, so I would like Selfish to contribute something to this discussion (Rib can make the call if he wants a role claim).

I've already explained why I think ace might be scum. Ace, I want to know what the "other powers" of your role are besides 'randomly deflecting night actions off yourself' <-- I'm still not buying that part of the role either.

I'm not really sure about Gammel or Andy. If andy's role is real, then I'd say that he's probably town. But Smush has FoS'd both of em.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Selfish voted for Goose but has yet to say anything in this thread recently. He must be reading this thread in order to have voted for Goose, so I would like Selfish to contribute something to this discussion (Rib can make the call if he wants a role claim).

I've already explained why I think ace might be scum. Ace, I want to know what the "other powers" of your role are besides 'randomly deflecting night actions off yourself' <-- I'm still not buying that part of the role either.
Yeah selfish is one of my biggest suspect right now as he has barely said anything all game. He could be corp and since he's an inexperienced player Goose just asked him to sit back. Acegunner is my other big suspect, as that role just seems too convenient to me.

Also, for God's sake if we somehow have any sort of protective roles left protect rib as he is still our leader and has the double vote.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:32 PM

Hey, good lynch guys. Still on holiday, I suggest we both defer to and protect smush. I'll be back Monday afternoon.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 PM

GGQ are we allowed to communicate outside this thread. If so id like on of smush rib or spart to be on altitude as soon as possible.

And i believe we should lynch selfish today. I think he is the other corp and we need to eliminate corp as soon as possible. Kennedy was the only corp who actually provided substance as we know. I think when he died, corp paniced and just decided to lay low and not post anything. AT all while the town crumbles beneath its own feet.

Mafia are still also a threat but not as much as the corp. I think Rib might be dead today sadly =/ and if it is the corp that kill them, their KP increases by 1 every day, making them incredibly dangerous even if their numbers are low. So these next 2 days we need to find out who corp are then kill them. After that we can focus on ending the mafia and boom we win the game hopefully if all goes as planned.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acegunner View Post
GGQ are we allowed to communicate outside this thread. If so id like on of smush rib or spart to be on altitude as soon as possible.

And i believe we should lynch selfish today. I think he is the other corp and we need to eliminate corp as soon as possible. Kennedy was the only corp who actually provided substance as we know. I think when he died, corp paniced and just decided to lay low and not post anything. AT all while the town crumbles beneath its own feet.

Mafia are still also a threat but not as much as the corp. I think Rib might be dead today sadly =/ and if it is the corp that kill them, their KP increases by 1 every day, making them incredibly dangerous even if their numbers are low. So these next 2 days we need to find out who corp are then kill them. After that we can focus on ending the mafia and boom we win the game hopefully if all goes as planned.
Remember that time when I modkilled Xorg?

No, you can't communicate outside the thread unless your role specifically says otherwise.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:11 AM

Aight thanks for telling me
Old 09-11-2011, 03:52 AM

I'd like to take a minute, y'all just sit right there. I'll tell you why I've been so quiet in this game of Mafia right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sage View Post
Yeah selfish is one of my biggest suspect right now as he has barely said anything all game. He could be corp and since he's an inexperienced player Goose just asked him to sit back. Acegunner is my other big suspect, as that role just seems too convenient to me.
I'll be blatantly honest right here. After the first couple real time days of this game, I kinda forgot about it. If you notice, I didn't vote in the lynch where Mintz was killed and got a warning about the inactivity.

I voted for Stalin in the last lynch vote because he seemed more unsure about his role, leading me to assume he made it up. Stalin also seemed to get really defensive whenever anyone mentioned that he might be scummy. This is obviously a defense mechanism which leads me to believe that he is scummy, probably corp. Goose had me convinced that he was town because his role claim was in depth as to how it works and how he can use it. It seemed unlikely to me that made it up, and obviously I was wrong, but the right guy ended up getting lynched in the end.

Quote:
If I had been posting actively since the beginning of the game, I would have to agree with you about myself. But my activity levels didn't change after Kennedy died so i am failing to see the correlation here. Like I stated above, I simply forgot about the game as I have a fair amount of real life stuff going on at the moment (job, wife, child). Inactivity in the sense that you are using it is dumb. Now that I am paying attention to the game again, I see that town is in a bad situation and I want to do everything that I can to ensure that we win. My lynch vote is for Stalin at the moment, but I am willing to change that pending further information.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:26 AM

Well the correlation is that you corp were gonna let kennedy do all the work while u guys just layed low and didnt talk, sortof just went along being unnoticed. Now all of a sudden ur posting cuz ppl actually think that you arent town and ur panicing. You didnt vote goose cuz u didnt want to vote ur partner for some strange reason considering he was done for by then no matter what.

Id like to see what role you are if u have made one up by now or if u will jsut admit to being corp.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:30 AM

The fact that Selfish didn't bus his corp friend Goose, baffles me.
Either he's actually clean because that would be such a strange thing to do as corp. OR, it was a simple scumslip due to relative inactivity, which I tend to believe.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
if it is the corp that kill them, their KP increases by 1 every day, making them incredibly dangerous even if their numbers are low.
Wut the scum slip. Where did you get this info?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:40 PM

Stupid inactives. Not sure what ace's point means, was that not in the rules to start with?

Anyway, I literally have no idea wtf selfish is doing and can see him being corp very easily, and a nub corp at that.

Also not sure about gammel, but hes become very active recently.

Im for a selfish/ace lynch though.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:30 PM

Keeping my gun stashed unless smush gives a clue on how or who to use it against
Old 09-11-2011, 02:57 PM

What do you mean by how???? What is your role? If your vigil why can't you just kill people? All your posts make no sense, and lead me to believe you are scum.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Well the correlation is that you corp were gonna let kennedy do all the work while u guys just layed low and didnt talk, sortof just went along being unnoticed. Now all of a sudden ur posting cuz ppl actually think that you arent town and ur panicing. You didnt vote goose cuz u didnt want to vote ur partner for some strange reason considering he was done for by then no matter what.

Id like to see what role you are if u have made one up by now or if u will jsut admit to being corp.
What does that mean?? I dont see anything about it so either you know something we don't or you just failed to read the rules. I'm more for the first though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Wut the scum slip. Where did you get this info?
More this than the other.

Quote:
Stupid inactives. Not sure what ace's point means, was that not in the rules to start with?

Anyway, I literally have no idea wtf selfish is doing and can see him being corp very easily, and a nub corp at that.

Also not sure about gammel, but hes become very active recently.

Im for a selfish/ace lynch though.
Premier keeps trying to lead lynches and his role is the only one not fitting the GGQ style of role making. I still cant read him though.

Quote:
What do you mean by how???? What is your role? If your vigil why can't you just kill people? All your posts make no sense, and lead me to believe you are scum.
He is right on yank though, the fact that he claimed some sort of vigilante role and then the same night someone died means that he either has that role and is just shooting random people with it or he fake-claimed it since someone else must have it. Also by reading the black market it looks like no one ever bought any rocket launchers from goose so it mustve been some town role that shot at night.

Top FOS: Premier/Ace/Yank
Old 09-11-2011, 05:11 PM

Wait, i thought that was in the thread... Well im a nub i should stop making up facts about this game
Old 09-11-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Wait, i thought that was in the thread... Well im a nub i should stop making up facts about this game
Looks like we have our lynch target.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Dude I totally get it. You want to lynch me. I've explained my role to mayor and that's all I really care about. I won't be answering any of your requests.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
Dude I totally get it. You want to lynch me. I've explained my role to mayor and that's all I really care about. I won't be answering any of your requests.
You're in his pm circle? Otherwise i don't see how you could've explained your role to him.
Also could GGQ clarify on what acegunner said (if he wants to let us know), will corporation have double KP if they kill the mayor?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:55 PM

So your now deliberately not going to help town because I think you look like scum. Well that's good justification as mafia for not helping town.

Also you haven't explained your role at all.

Ace looks like good lynch.

Frankly I'm 99% sure yank is scum. If he didn't know how to use his role, he would have PM'ed GGQ, like EVERYONE ELSE, and got clarification. His role claim is BS and obviously scum.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
You're in his pm circle? Otherwise i don't see how you could've explained your role to him.
Also could GGQ clarify on what acegunner said (if he wants to let us know), will corporation have double KP if they kill the mayor?
There is no KP bonus for killing the mayor.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:21 PM

If what ace said is not in fact the case, then we cant be sure hes mafia, right?

vote lynch yank.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Actions are due in 3.5 hours! Gogogo
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 AM

Quote:
If what ace said is not in fact the case, then we cant be sure hes mafia, right?
or he's trying to keep our attention on corp and off of his maf ass
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 AM

In case I die, andy is corp.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:31 AM

His role as the "alcoholic investigator" would clearly be a blue role. All police are dead.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Day 5

Shiny black shoes clicked smartly on the floor as he walked. Evenly they rang through the air until finally he stopped and raised his gun. His target stood listlessly in front of him, not doing anything, not even seeming aware of anything going on around him. He shrugged and fired.

On his way home, he came to the conclusion that his investment in personal protection was money well spent.

Meanwhile a man sat dead, slumped over his table at the bar. He had obviously been drinking, but without a doctor around the cause of his death could not be ascertained.

And finally, the king woke up suddenly in a strange house. Fear seized him. He had been waiting for something like this to happen. It seemed inevitable, yet he had still been taken by surprise.

"Hello?" he called, "Who brought me here? What do you want?"

A shadow separated itself from a corner of the room. A dark cloak hooded the man's face. His hands were hidden in the folds of his cloak.

"Your efforts were valiant, but futile," his voice was soft, barely audible, "the moment your bodyguards died, you were mine. You could never escape me." A dagger appeared in a gloved fist.

"Very well then," the king swallowed, gathered his courage, "You can kill me, but you can never kill Insania, not while one man, woman or child of us draws breath."

"I don't care about your country," his voice got even quieter, if that was possible, "I don't care about your people. I don't care about you. The job is done; I have passed the test. Farewell." The assassin stepped forward, blade rising.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clapon the Item Game Player has died!
Quote:
You are the Item Game Player. You have no abilities, but you will receive an item shortly. Remember, each night you can either use your item, defend your item, or steal someone else's item. The Item Game quicktopic is located at http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/6JvPHWpuSWaRr. You win with town.
Smushface the Item Game Player has died!
Quote:
You are the Item Game Player. You have no abilities, but you will receive an item shortly. Remember, each night you can either use your item, defend your item, or steal someone else's item. The Item Game quicktopic is located at http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/6JvPHWpuSWaRr. You win with town.
He was carrying the following items:
Quote:
Hello, volunteer, and thanks again! The item that we've sent to you for testing is a Crystal Ball. You can use this item to find the Role Name of any player in the game. Please test it out as soon as possible. Good luck!
Quote:
Hello, volunteer, and thanks again! The item that we've sent to you for testing is Titanium Body Armour. When you use this item, you gain an extra night life for that night. Please test it out as soon as possible. Good Luck!
Ribilla the King has died!
Quote:
You are the King. When rumours reached your ears of an assassin hired to kill you, you went underground with only a couple of bodyguards knowing your identity. Since you are the king, you may grant a royal pardon once per game by typing ##pardon in the voting thread, and there will be no lynch for that day. Should the assassin die before you, there will be a reward for your bodyguards. If you are elected mayor, there may be a special surprise for you. You are also a member of the town kingdom, which means you are in a mason circle with -redacted-. The kingdom quicktopic is located at -redacted-. You win with town.
NOTE: The day phase has now begun. Please vote for someone to lynch in the voting thread. The deadline for votes is 11pm Eastern on Wednesday the 14th.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 AM

Dammit GGQ, I told you not to let them kill me.