Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:23 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

yea, dude i vote ssd for mayor, be careful tho, in the other mafia game ssd was mafia... i still vote for him lol
Old 08-22-2011, 06:38 AM

Any particular reason for that, Arsenal? I'd like people to back up their actions with rationales.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

Vote SSD for mayor.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 AM

There is zero percent chance that town will elect a mayor. With only 19 towns people and having no idea who is on our team we are blind to choose an honest town for mayor. The mafia have 6 organised voters that will not split their vote. They cannot be beaten.

For anyone to have made up their mind to give mayoral powers already to any one player tells me they are not town.

The only way to give town a fair chance at getting mayor is to have Sverige cast a vote in a random way, not by nominating themselves in some look at me I'm cute campaign.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:02 AM

Damn iPhone. Sverige equals everyone, everyone is Sverige.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:52 AM

I'm voting for SSD as mayor.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:13 PM

I caution you about voting for ssd... he's slippery. Having played with kennedy more than most (given my em days) I would say that if he were town he might be the most effective mayor. I'm not convinced he's town, so i will wait a few more hours, but something to think about when voting. I also say that we use this to maybe lynch on day 2... voting patterns and such.

Mintz out
Old 08-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Changing vote from SSD to Kennedy, to make more interesting
Old 08-22-2011, 04:13 PM

I'm also running for mayor. For the same reasons as Kennedy and SSD. I'm also significantly better looking than SSD ever could be (start liftin weights brah).

Let me break this down for everyone.

1) Mayor should come from item game. Town having control of all 6 items is a significant advantage and winning this game should be a priority.

2) We have half the players from the item game currently campaigning for mayor. After this post, I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more decided to run.

3) Kennedy claims to be the best scum hunter here. While this may or may not be true, it is still safe to say that he's probably pretty good at it.

4) I cannot see a decent way to judge Kennedy's campaign as nothing of substance has happened yet and if he's as good at this game as he claims to be, it could just be a well-crafted scum cover.

This is what should happen. Kennedy, withdraw from the mayoral campaign and start scumhunting among current candidates using whatever methods you feel necessary. Report back to the group with your findings and supporting evidence.

This will give us:
a) 'Expert' testimony on the mayoral campaign
b) Allows the rest of us to judge your alignment and abilities

Holla at yr boy.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:28 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
There is zero percent chance that town will elect a mayor. With only 19 towns people and having no idea who is on our team we are blind to choose an honest town for mayor. The mafia have 6 organised voters that will not split their vote. They cannot be beaten.

For anyone to have made up their mind to give mayoral powers already to any one player tells me they are not town.

The only way to give town a fair chance at getting mayor is to have Sverige cast a vote in a random way, not by nominating themselves in some look at me I'm cute campaign.
it's cute how you are assuming mafia will not split their vote and will conga line one representative of the mafia in order to win the mayor vote. there also happen to be 19 town-sided roles (sorry NWA, we love tha police) so even if they decided to all vote for the same person it's not as if it's an insurmountable vote with only 2-3 potential candidates that will receive all the votes.

picking a mayor at random is such a hilariously bad idea i don't even know how you came up with it. picking sunshineduck for mayor yields 100% success rate in getting a town mayor. anything else is just inefficient.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
it's cute how you are assuming mafia will not split their vote and will conga line one representative of the mafia in order to win the mayor vote. there also happen to be 19 town-sided roles (sorry NWA, we love tha police) so even if they decided to all vote for the same person it's not as if it's an insurmountable vote with only 2-3 potential candidates that will receive all the votes.

picking a mayor at random is such a hilariously bad idea i don't even know how you came up with it. picking sunshineduck for mayor yields 100% success rate in getting a town mayor. anything else is just inefficient.
Nice try. Do the math my man. 19 sounds like a big number - except when you consider that 19 people have no idea of the other 18. Its like playing lucky peirre in the dark knowing theres 6 gorgeous women, but also 18 other hairy-arsed bikers from the Blue Oyster Bar. I WANT to play - but the odds just arent in my favour.

Only a true town person would suggest that we offer up only randomly picked mayors. Any other attempt will surely land us with a mafia backed result.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM

Apart from anything else, how do you propose we pick a random player without the result being open to manipulation?

(My thoughts on this Mayor shizzzzzzzzzzzzle, to come soon, I am just waiting on some info from GGQ)
Old 08-22-2011, 04:59 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

the fact that the 19 people don't know who they can trust is both irrelevant and completely unrelated to math, so i don't know how me doing the math will help your idiocy in the slightest.

we are voting for the mayor of the town. his job entails leading us to victory. there are maybe five people in this game good enough at mafia to be qualified to be the mayor. specifically, the mayor must be able to lead. if we randomly pick some douche out of the list, he has a 33% chance of being not town and a 90% chance of being unable to successfully argue a point against the other 10% to save their life.

you saw in the other game how easily i was able to manipulate the town vote to the person i wanted lynched, and i'm neither the best player in this game nor the most convincing.

let's say we pick someone at random. for the sake of this example, let's say we randomly select you. what do you think will happen if you want to lynch kennedy?
Old 08-22-2011, 05:18 PM

Well, what we now for sure is, that every 'faction' wants to have one of their own as the mayor, as this brings a mayor (sorry, couldn't resist) boost to their side. So it is pretty obvious, that one of those wanting to be mayor belongs to Mafia and one to Corporation.

The towns also want to have a mayor of their own, but as they don't know who is who, there can be possible more mayor tries from us, which already happened, as there are four candidates.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Apart from anything else, how do you propose we pick a random player without the result being open to manipulation?
That is a good question. I am open to suggestions on this one. I really did think thru the implications of the impact of 6 people with the power to organize would have over an election.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla
we are voting for the mayor of the town. his job entails leading us to victory.
The key to that of course is what does us equal?

Anyways - Im not going to argue my point anymore. I would suggest that no matter WHO wins the election - that the entire town group agrees to use a power against that player. Again that will be difficult to coordinate, but the mayor will have to be considered as a hostile from the get go.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT Piccolo View Post
The towns also want to have a mayor of their own, but as they don't know who is who, there can be possible more mayor tries from us, which already happened, as there are four candidates.
Its quite possible that 10 mayoral candidates stood for elcetion - and all of them could be mafia/corpo. It would be an odd strategy for mafia, but a valid one. of course, i bet not all that stand will actually vote for themselves. Watch the mafia candiates post a vote for the same person. Just enuff to win the election.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:26 PM

yes, everyone should use their night actions on the one player in the game that is immune to night actions. solid plan, you are clearly leading town to a decisive victory
Old 08-22-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
yes, everyone should use their night actions on the one player in the game that is immune to night actions. solid plan, you are clearly leading town to a decisive victory
Such a harsh attitude from a townie.

According to the rulez:
The Mayor will receive two bodyguards who are guaranteed to be town (they will know that they are bodyguards, the Mayor will not know their identities), and the Mayor cannot be targetted by any kind of ability until the bodyguards are dead. The Mayor can, however, be lynched. The Mayor's vote counts for 2 votes.

So the Mayor is NOT immune to night actions at all. It will take some effort to ensure we dont duplicate, but I will certainly volunteer my first night action on the mayor. (especially so if its you ssd. just kidding)
Old 08-22-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Such a harsh attitude from a townie.

According to the rulez:
The Mayor will receive two bodyguards who are guaranteed to be town (they will know that they are bodyguards, the Mayor will not know their identities), and the Mayor cannot be targetted by any kind of ability until the bodyguards are dead. The Mayor can, however, be lynched. The Mayor's vote counts for 2 votes.

So the Mayor is NOT immune to night actions at all. It will take some effort to ensure we dont duplicate, but I will certainly volunteer my first night action on the mayor. (especially so if its you ssd. just kidding)
Quote:
According to the rulez:
Quote:
the Mayor cannot be targetted by any kind of ability until the bodyguards are dead
Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 PM

The rules state that the two bodyguards have to die before he loses immunity to night actions.

Think about what you post- your noobtells are extending into retardtell territory.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM

Yes yes I was just reading back now. I see it will be virtually impossible to kill mayor without the bodygaurds sacrificing themselves. Its a good play by the town body guards IMO.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:48 PM

lol

jesus christ you are bad
Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
lol

jesus christ you are bad
Elaborate where im wrong about real townies needing to be very nervous about electing a mayor - and then keeping that mayor alive to lead them to victory?

This game is gonna go fast right? WE cant no lynch at all - so 19 versus 10 is actually quite challenging for town. It wont take very many kills by the bad guys to have us whittled down.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:11 PM

you are correct that we need to be careful in choosing a mayor. however, everything else you suggested is completely anti-town and if this particular breed of retardation wasn't a characteristic you commonly exhibited then i'd be strongly feeling that you were mafia at this point. however, i am willing to accept that you may in fact just be really stupid and not actually trying to screw the town over in the most blatant fashion possible.

you just said that there are only 19 townies and that mafia can cut down our numbers very quickly. one post up you were suggesting that the bodyguards (guaranteed town) sacrifice themselves in order to allow the mayor (who is potentially also town) to be killed. your dumbass logic implies that town cannot win unless our night actions kill mafia and corporations every time we use them, because clearly mafia will win every vote because they are organized and know who to vote for. please stop doing whatever it is you are trying to do, realize you were being stupid, and take fifteen laps. i won't time them if you make them snappy.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:13 PM

While I don't agree with yank here (too risky to pick at random) i also don't think we should just bw a mayor vote on ssd or kennedy or anyone for that matter. We have 72 hours. Let's use them. I do agree with duckuru that there are certain people more qualified than others to be mayor and we can't just pick randomly. Smush, ssd, kennedy, and a few others (i believe includes me) have lots of mafia experience, and should therefore be at the front of the town (imo). Smush also does make a good point that mayor should be from item game, but scumhunt, because a mafia or corp mayor from item game would be disastrous. The reason I, and i suggest those that don't have experience/aren't in the item game won't/shouldn't run is because those items are critical.

Still no vote.

Mintz
Old 08-22-2011, 06:20 PM

mafia/corporation winning the mayoral vote while in the item game is not as disastrous as you think. corporation can't be killed at night and would need to be lynched anyway, so their chances of winning the item game are essentially the same as mayor or as not mayor. mafia is also unlikely to be killed at night (although not, i assume, impossible) and would likely need to be lynched anyway.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:26 PM

Okay, here goes, I am going to run for Mayor.

Now, I know what you are thinking (yes SSD) "wut, rib is a huuge noob at maf", however, let me explain. I am going to get my risk on (for funsies) and claim right here, right now. If I am elected, we will use our magical PR powers to determine at least 2 experienced town players out of those we have here, I will then let them make all them major decisions. This is equivalent to making them mayor, without the risk. This way, we can be sure our scum hunter isn't actually scum.

I am the king, my power isn't actually very good, in fact, it only really benefits the maf when I use it, unless we have very good intel and all of the town is retarded. I am claiming, because I have no reason to be lynched by the mafia, as possibly one of the worst PRs.

Let me address the other points you are about to raise:

"Teh eye-tem gammm!!"
Yes, we would love a Town Mayor in the item game, that would be ****ing awesome. However, what both Kennedy and SSD (strangely) forget to point out is that if we elect an item-game mayor who is not town, we are ****ed, royally (ahem, king here) ****ed.

"Y U?"
As part of my role as king I get a "special surprise" if I also become mayor. I have narrowed this down to three possible things:
  • A BJ from CCN
  • Delicious cookies for all town members
  • Something cool relating to this mafia game which will help the town win.
All of these are very good things.

Finally, and this is the main reason to choose me. I can 100% guarantee that you will get a town Mayor. I don't expect you to trust the claim, this is all to do with my wonderful power.

My special power is the pardon. Once in the game I may pardon any player and stop the day lynch on them. This is probably fairly useless as most of the time I will probably agree with the lynch and do not have the credentials to stop it without pissing everyone off.

What I propose is that on the second day, if you are still unconvinced of my allegiance, you try and lynch me. I will then pardon myself and we can carry on happy in the knowledge that we have a town mayor. By then we can use PRs on people to check their allegiance and make sure they are town. They will be my advisors and I shall do as they say.

For day 2, if we don't have any reports showing town, then I will consult with the PM group this role makes me part of. This is choc full of experienced players who can help make that call if no one else is available.

Looking forward to being your mayor

Ribrib.

inb4SSD trolls me for this post.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:44 PM

that actually seems like pretty good logic, unless rib made up that role entirely (which seems unlikely, but not impossible due to the nature of the game)

one of only obvious downsides i see is that rib isn't in the item game, but that just means i'll have to work harder to win that. as explained earlier, maf/corporation winning mayor as item game is essentially the same as them not being the mayor.

the other one is that rib doesn't have the mafia experience one desires in the leader of the town. scumhunting is obviously essential, and while the mayor having 2 votes is not ridiculously overpowering, it's still a difference-maker.

what PM group does your role make you a part of? >_>

additionally, PR claims are useless and their reports are as well, unless there are roles in this game similar to the oracle that reveal someone as something to all. we don't even know if there is a cop or watcher in this game, so any reports must be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
please stop doing whatever it is you are trying to do, realize you were being stupid, and take fifteen laps. i won't time them if you make them snappy.
i just cant not love this guy. His insults are the best always have been.

Some of my logic may be flawed, but at least it opened up other options than just vote from me im cool and special. Good creative suggestion from Rib. But you are cool and speciall ssd, u really are.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:49 PM

King went into hidding, why would GGQ give a role the same name?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, RIBILLA
Old 08-22-2011, 06:55 PM

I admit that I could have fabricated the role (it is mentioned in the backstory a lot), however, you will find out by lynching me on day two. It is essentially a wasted lynch, but I think it is worth it for 100% guarantee on town mayor.

The part about not being able to trust tells is true, I still think having a town mayor puts us in a better position. We only need to prove one person town and hope that they can check the advisors. If in doubt we will let people write a secondary vote in their posts, a vote for advisor. We can then get the Doc (assuming we have one) to protect the advisor. The 'secondary mayor' would have one mayor anyway, but we can keep tabs on him much more easily this way (PR powers).

I am open to any and all suggestions. I don't want to reveal my PM group without, obviously, consulting with it's other members.

Like I say, if I don't get mayor, and the maf lynch me, it's no loss because I am relatively inexperienced and I don't have a good power.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
King went into hidding, why would GGQ give a role the same name?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM, RIBILLA
For clarity's sake? Not sure deed poll exists in Insania.

Again I state that this way we cannot get a mafia or corp mayor. Just an option I am opening up.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 PM

what is it about your pm group that you can't reveal? i'm starting to get a little suspicious now >_____>

i wouldn't put it past smushface to invent an entirely different role group for a mafia team in order to win the trust of the town. anyone that has played mafia for a bit knows what i'm talking about.

however, it's unlikely that he would invent something that would get found out on day 2 when we tried to lynch rib. it's probably something that can be ignored unless we elect rib and he turns out to be mafia, but it's something to consider nonetheless.
Old 08-22-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
i just cant not love this guy. His insults are the best always have been.

Some of my logic may be flawed, but at least it opened up other options than just vote from me im cool and special. Good creative suggestion from Rib. But you are cool and speciall ssd, u really are.
your posts did nothing but hammer in the fact that you are an idiot, but at least you're consistently stupid
Old 08-22-2011, 07:00 PM

I am just nervous about revealing something that could help the mafia by accident.

What do you want to know?

The name - no important to anyone

Who is in it - gives maf targets.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM

it's actually quite important. i want to know, specifically, the name or title of the group, why you're in it (what's the link? is it a bunch of royalty roles?) and, essentially, what it's purpose is. nothing you've said about the group so far can't also apply to mafia or corporation. so what gives?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 PM

All the information I have been given (without revealing members) is that it's called the mason circle (IMO masonic ring sounds better, but whatever GGQ).

I think it's pretty obvious why.

Also, I forgot to mention. In my description it also says that I had bodyguards before I went into hiding. If the assassin dies before these bodyguards, they get a special reward. I presume assassin is a mafia role.

I have no idea who these body guards are, I do no know if they are the same body guards that protect the mayor. It does, however, say that they know who I am.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM

Edit on last post:

If the assassin dies before me, then the body guards get a reward.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 PM

sounds like you're making it up as you go along

ARE YOU, RIBILLA?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 PM

definitely seeming less and less like rib is making **** up and more and more like GGQ is ****ing crazy.

if mason ring is anything like EM, it's definitely very powerful.