FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

Vote ribilla for mayor

also this thread is TL;DR as fauk
Old 08-22-2011, 07:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but whoever takes on the Mayor role loses their other role, right?

So therefore it doesn't matter who we vote, because if we vote a mafia for mayor, then we already lost ourselves a mafia.

For this reason, the mafia would NOT want to vote one of their own for mayor...

Am I missing something, or is this not the way it is working?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but whoever takes on the Mayor role loses their other role, right?

So therefore it doesn't matter who we vote, because if we vote a mafia for mayor, then we already lost ourselves a mafia.

For this reason, the mafia would NOT want to vote one of their own for mayor...

Am I missing something, or is this not the way it is working?
>_________________________________>
Old 08-22-2011, 07:42 PM

K I am off to a party nao (Previous IL member, we go out on monday nights), so I won't be answering any more of your questions. Don't do anything stupid.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
i wouldn't put it past smushface to invent an entirely different role group for a mafia team in order to win the trust of the town. anyone that has played mafia for a bit knows what i'm talking about.
I don't know whether to be insulted or flattered. My boner is confused.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:56 PM

I should run for mayor because im in the item game and im town + i got this sick item yo. BUUUUUUUT i really do like rib for mayor as of now.

Also id like to say how stupid yank is with his "logic" as i dont think enough people have talked about this as it could be vital info later in the game when we have no leads and are looking for some1 to lynch that isnt helpful to the town.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM

I just reread the opening post, and it says that the mayor can lynch someone on the first day. So if Ribilla as proclaimed king lynches himself and pardons himself immediately, we even know after the first day that he is truly on town side. If he lynches himself and isn't what he says he is, well, then we already have one mafia/corp down. Well, of course, in that case he wouldn't do that. But if he doesn't lynch himself, we know for sure that he isn't on our side. We then can lynch him on the second day. Then we don't have a mayor at all, but better no mayor as one in scum hands.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM

Anybody want to counter claim King? Until that, I'm going to be voting Rib for mayor, as that sounds like a very solid foundation for a town win.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:06 PM

Can't quite process all this information out there, but wanted to reemphasize the point that Rib made that we don't know if SSD, Rib, or Smush are town, despite them claiming to be so. It is true that if we get a town mayor that is in the item game, we are almost guaranteed to win. It is also doubly true that if we get a scum mayor, we are almost guaranteed to lose. I would like to minimize this risk by simply not opting to vote any item game member as mayor at all.

Rib's plan seems to be a good one. However, in his explanation he is missing a crucial point: if we elect him mayor, and then lynch him on the first day (upon which he pardons himself), it does not guarantee that we know for sure that he is a town. For all we know, his power is not actually a king in which he can pardon anyone, but some sort of mafia briber in which he can rescue anyone from a lynching once. Given that he is not an experienced mafia player though I would tend to trust Rib to not have done something so cunning, however.

The hoards of people immediately voting for SSD mayor (evil, danielle, xorg) is a bit of a scumtell for me. Since mafia/corp are the only people who know who their teammates are, it is more likely that any bandwagon on one vote is a group is scum vying to get one of their own as mayor, as opposed to a group of townies.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
For all we know, his power is not actually a king in which he can pardon anyone, but some sort of mafia briber in which he can rescue anyone from a lynching once.
THIS is my biggest fear right now... still not sure what to do.

Plus the power he describes seems to be more of a mafia power then anything but then again ggq is crazy.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 PM

who you pm'ing, smush?

metametametametametametametametametametametametame tametametameta
Old 08-22-2011, 09:40 PM

Very solid town read on rib.

He is a brit, so i wouldn't expect something so smart :P

but seriously, best thing to go by so far.

As I see it, lynching will be key this game (hurrdurrsoundsobvious) but especially here because of the fact that we cannot kill the corporation without lynching them. Yea, we can hope to get lucky and have mafia target corp and corp mafia, but having a mayor with 2 votes be town really helps.

At this point, Ribilla (**** the british are coming) is my vote for mayor

And I don't agree that Xorg's might be a scumtell... what is scummy is him changing to kennedy with no rationale, except me saying kennedy is good, but not saying he should be mayor. Could also be noobtell.

Mintz out.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:54 PM

So Mintz, you recognize the possibility that I pointed out (that Rib is a mafia with a "briber" power) but you don't think that Rib is smart enough to have come up with such a clever way to spin it?

I tend to agree, but am slightly cautious. I say we do it (as in vote Rib for mayor) but keep in the back of our minds that there is a small possibility he is screwing with us hardcore.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM

I'm pming all my mafia buddies. Oh ****ttttt....YOU CAUGHT ME

Askin' GGQ about items.

Also I still think my plan of using Kennedy to scumhunt mayor campaigns from the item game is still pretty solid. Gives us the most long-term information regardless of his role.

Rib is the low risk - low reward option. He's what we go for in the 71st hour.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Just reminding everyone that votes don't count unless they are put in the Voting Thread! Head on over, it's pretty lonely right now. Also, you have to vote every day phase to avoid mod wrath.

PS arguing about what exactly a rule means is fun and all, but you're free to just ask me.

Last edited by GGQ; 08-22-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:16 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
The hoards of people immediately voting for SSD mayor (evil, danielle, xorg) is a bit of a scumtell for me. Since mafia/corp are the only people who know who their teammates are, it is more likely that any bandwagon on one vote is a group is scum vying to get one of their own as mayor, as opposed to a group of townies.
nope.avi

chars
Old 08-22-2011, 10:18 PM

nobo, what i am saying is, in my opinion mafia/corp has the advantage now (with the ratio/and no reveal/no general pms) so I find it a stretch that rib would play his hand this hard if he were mafia... in addition, i feel as tho i get a 90%townread on rib... better than the 18/28 i get on any other candidate... so you know i think it is the best move.. If someone like ssd or smush said the same thing, i might be more suspicious, but given that rib is a relatively new mafia player i feel like as mafia he wouldn't take this much of a risk, especially because as mafia that power (of bluffer or whatever we want to call it) could be so critical later.

Mintz out.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:19 PM

briber=bluffer, sorry nobo.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:25 PM

Also I just realized that since the item game players are so important, it is likely that the mafia/corp will immediately begin to target whichever player is in the item game but not on their side. Given that the mafia/corp together have a killing power of 3 (2 for mafia, 1 for corp), then it is likely that we will lose around 2 townies in the item game the first night.

In a sense, the item game itself of 4 townies, 1 mafia, and 1 corp is a mini-mafia game in its own, in the sense that whichever side wins the item game immediately gets a huge advantage in the overall game. I suggest that whoever among us that has protection power immediately begin protecting item game members so that we can delay the killing of item game townies.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:28 PM

I agree Mintz. So I will be voting Rib.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:32 PM

and also, i really hope that others will get on and see this... inactivity is no fun.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 PM

Us Brits are damn smart. Skipped all of nobo and mint's posts tl;dr. Isn't pics idea good though? Or is mayor elected day 1? I'm also going to out my role. I am the "Mikesol" and have special RS related powers. Running for mayor.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 PM

Rs = TA. Chars
Old 08-23-2011, 12:16 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

I would have suggested that a Police come out and lead for a similar reason to Rib coming out and leading, due to the fact that I really doubt that a mafia/corporation would falseclaim Police, especially when other police could just claim and prove that wrong. It either leads to a massive outing of who mafia/corp is or isn't or it leads to a very safe vote. And honestly I'm pretty surprised no one else suggested that at this point.

I definitely like the rib mayoral vote more than any of the other options out there, simply because I am extremely convinced that rib wouldn't be lying about a claim like that, partially due to his experience, partially due to the nature of this game, and partially due to the way in which he is posting.

While rib not having experience will be a bit of a hindrance, especially on day 1, having a confirmed townie is in my opinion much more ideal given just how safe the mayor really is until his bodyguards go down. I do agree with the sentiments that winning the item game is extremely important, but I feel as though the 33% risk of giving a mafia member that protection, while 2/6 is slightly less than the 8/23 chance of picking a mafia (first is mafia/corp in item game, second is mafia/corp out of item game, if that wasn't clear), is greater in magnitude than electing a non-item mafia member in error.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:18 AM

stalin, this is why you get lynched...

if you are going to be in a mafia game you should read the posts... otherwise you never can actually contribute.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 AM

This thread ****ing blew up.

In accordance with Smushface's idea, I retract my mayoral campaign.
Right now I'm getting a scumtell on SSD, but that isn't conclusive because the main reason for that is how hyperbolically aggro he is. It seems as though he's trying to seem protown by making sure not to give off the appearance of attempting to ingratiate himself with anybody. He does this a lot regardless of alignment, I just feel like he's taking it a bit far.

I'm pretty convinced that Ribilla is both King and town. If he's not, then this is a brilliant ploy. I'm going to be voting for him.

I think Nobo has a good point about the risk of losing item game players, and I do think our protective roles should focus on people from the item game tonight. The corporation member can't be killed anyway, so we aren't taking the risk of saving that player from a mafia kill - only the other way around. I think that's an acceptable risk to ensure that a townie wins the item game.

I'm also getting a town read on nobo.

At this point I'm pretty convinced that Rib is going to end up mayor. I have a decent idea of who I want to see lynched, but will wait on outing that information until we get some more activity from the people who have yet to post.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:19 AM

thank you kennedy and smush for retracting claims, ssd i would like to see you do the sameor are you so maf/corp or have such an epeen to impede progress.

I still don't trust kennedy fully, because it will be hard to get a scumread on a player like him, but that was townish post... i also get a townread on nobo, and an idiot read on premier... i don't know what to think of yank..
Old 08-23-2011, 01:28 AM

I do think all power roles that can protect need to use then on a item game member all be it there is no way to tell if they are protecting town right now its our best chance of keeping them alive for as long as possible.

I can almost guarantee that the mafia will aim to kill item game players so useing your role on anyone else is pretty stupid even if you protect the wrong person in the game.

Im claiming now that i am aligned with the town but tbh there is no reason for you all to believe any of use and just take your 4/6 shot.

My thoughts on the whole mayor thing is that one of the other three item players that have been posting (SSD,Smush,Kennedy) at least one of them is corp or mafia, just from pure odds. Having played with and watched SSD and Smush play, and knowing Kennedy's "prowess" in the game of mafia, I wouldnt put it past any of these players to put Rib up to this. definitely with kennedy knowing roles inside and out it wouldnt be hard for him to make the role and tell rib exactly what to say about it. I also think many people are underselling rib with his "noobiness" just cause he hasnt played many mafia games doesn't mean he cant make a play definitely with a little help from his corp/mafia friends. However even if rib is not town as long as he doesn't have some crazy good power and for some reason we dont figure out he isnt town for a long time it wont be a huge deal that he is mayor other then mafia having an extra vote.

Either way im gonna be voting for rib most likely anyway but at least one of SSD, Smush, or kennedy is scum. just something to think of and remember down the road.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
ssd i would like to see you do the sameor are you so maf/corp or have such an epeen to impede progress.
I dont think ssd retracting or not will impead anything i think its preatty obvious that rib is going to be mayor.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
thank you kennedy and smush for retracting claims, ssd i would like to see you do the sameor are you so maf/corp or have such an epeen to impede progress.
lol? that's pretty ridiculously out of line, just because i didn't drop out of the mayoral campaign doesn't mean i'm scummy in the slightest (nor does it mean i have "such an epeen"). and for the record, smush hasn't conceded either.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:38 AM

also, i would either like to be the mayor or receive doctor protection (assuming there is a doctor role) because if i do not receive said protection i will die.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
also, i would either like to be the mayor or receive doctor protection (assuming there is a doctor role) because if i do not receive said protection i will die.
no me .
Old 08-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

If you guys see any of the people that haven't posted yet on altitude or the forums or wherever, please send them a reminder that this game has started. I'll be doing so as well, but I don't ever see some of these guys. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:58 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
If you guys see any of the people that haven't posted yet on altitude or the forums or wherever, please send them a reminder that this game has started. I'll be doing so as well, but I don't ever see some of these guys. Thanks!
I did a quick and I believe thorough check of last activity, and the only things I noticed were that mj hasn't been on since the 20th, torrent the 19th, and iamjagman the 1st. Everyone else has been on in the last two (EST) days, aka should have been online to see their role PM (and mj might have gotten it, i dunno; he was last active 30 minutes before you announced that all role PMs are out).
Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 AM

The only problem I see with ribs claim is that it is too perfect. It seems to me A LOT of time went into making that post, which is unusual for rib. However It could just be she actually is town. Also, add is playing differently from maf.9, and while that makes him suspicious, at the same time this is a VERY different game, so I dont think we can all be making "scumtells" quite as easily as normal.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:49 AM

Add=ssd fokin fone.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
The only problem I see with ribs claim is that it is too perfect. It seems to me A LOT of time went into making that post, which is unusual for rib. However It could just be she actually is town. Also, add is playing differently from maf.9, and while that makes him suspicious, at the same time this is a VERY different game, so I dont think we can all be making "scumtells" quite as easily as normal.
well, yes, it's a rather different game where there are a lot more unknowns. i actually think i play extremely similarly in every mafia game, i just happened to be more confrontational with yank because he was being blatantly moronic over several posts rather than one. there are probably subtle nuances that a good scumhunter would pick up on, but there aren't that many of them in this game.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm happy that whatever the outcome with Ribilla, at least he offers an alternative to the vile SSD - and what seems like a "checkable" mayor. I can volunteer my power to use on ribilla - if required.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:20 AM

I think that post from PS was kind of odd - he brought up two points against two players but immediately countered both of those points.

"However, it could be he is just town" isn't really a counter to his point against Rib, it just seems like he didn't want to fully make an argument against anybody. I think that's a little scummy.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankinlk View Post
I'm happy that whatever the outcome with Ribilla, at least he offers an alternative to the vile SSD - and what seems like a "checkable" mayor. I can volunteer my power to use on ribilla - if required.
Alright Yank now I'm on board with SSD. Are you an idiot? Why would you use your power on someone who is by definition immune to ALL ****ING GODDAMN POWERS.