Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:24 AM

Oh I also want to point out that Danielle hasn't said a thing all game except to BW on the SSD vote. She's usually much more verbose than this. It's too early to judge really, but I'm surprised at how quickly she made a decision on the election and I'm planning to keep an eye on her.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Danielle actually hasn't posted much in the maf.9 thread, so I think that's not much of a tell. I also countered my points because they are just theories, and I don't want to say much that will get me bandwagoned.

Everyone seems to expect Kennedy to be all pro at this, but remember guys he could still be maf, and his high activity makes it likely that he at least has a pr, if not maf. Inb4 he claimed earlier in the thread.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Alright Yank now I'm on board with SSD. Are you an idiot? Why would you use your power on someone who is by definition immune to ALL ****ING GODDAMN POWERS.
Ribilla made the proposal that we could check him - i assume that the 8+ people that are voting on him are basing their vote on that. Why not call him for that if you think it will not be possible?

Unless the majority of these BW voters are scum of course. By ribilla proposing we could lynch him day two - i am going to assume that there will be process, no matter how complex for us to do so. I am town, obviously and no im not expert on the game. I recon only a few are - but I get the idea. Plenty here are saying nothing to avoid looking stoopid - i have no need for a giant epeen with you people as i have a RL - so im willing to lose face.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
his high activity makes it likely that he at least has a pr, if not maf. Inb4 he claimed earlier in the thread.
hes in the ****ing item game.... of course hes going to need to be active... and tbh hes not being any more active then someone whos actually into the game and wants to progress in some way
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM

GGQ can I lynch and pardon myself on day 1?

For day 2 we cannot trust Kennedy, or anyone not in the masonic ring. It would be very easy for the mafia to say that they had an all clear on one of their friends.

I thought about the fact I could be a super clever mafia. The command I need to give is (THIS IS NOT ME USING IT) "Pardon". I think you would have to think pretty hard to come up with a mafia role who can "pardon" someone. You can just lynch me if I post "magic evil mafia no lynch" to save myself.

As far as I can see, the only way you lose is if the king is a mafia role. Since the mafia are trying to kill him, this is kind of unlikely.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
his high activity makes it likely that he at least has a pr, if not maf. Inb4 he claimed earlier in the thread.
Everyone has a PR as far as I am aware.

THIS IS INSANE MAFIA.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:44 PM

stalin... you are really dumb. or scum. and kennedy was always going to be active, mafia is his shizzle.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:46 PM

Also, why do people think that

a) I'm retarded

b) I'm a girl
Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM

retarded by me was a joke.

and girl idk.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 PM

So, concerning our item players, those are natural targets for the next night. They can kill up to three of them, if I see it right. That would be a major loss for us. So, how can we protect them? I don't think there are enough PRs to keep each of them save... So how to find the townies under the scum?

Besides, what happens to an item if the player is killed/lynched (and not stolen)? Does it belong to whoever killed them? Or is it lying there, just waiting for the other item players to steal?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Sorry I haven't posted I had been on vacation and only checked the thread yesterday morning when there wasn't much goin' on and now it blew up. I think Rib is probably town, the likelihood someone would coome up with that story is very low. I also agree with the ssd/kennedy/smushface scumtell because all three of them are experienced players who know the power of items and would certainly try to become mayor if either town or mafia, and the probability of all 3 being town is quite low.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:52 PM

Why is everyone voting for Ribilla so early, we got a day and a half left, we should use it. Having someone from the item game as mayor means we almost automatically win it. Ribilla should be our backup option, if we can't decide on someone whom is from the item game and is town.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massi View Post
Why is everyone voting for Ribilla so early, we got a day and a half left, we should use it. Having someone from the item game as mayor means we almost automatically win it. Ribilla should be our backup option, if we can't decide on someone whom is from the item game and is town.
True, and we can still unvote him, so no problem so far. The difficulty is, finding a item gamer on town side.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

im a townie on the item game ._. and i have a horrible item
Old 08-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
im a townie on the item game ._. and i have a horrible item
SSD's used condom from a posh wank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massi View Post
The point is that, however good we think our reads are, we can never be sure about who we elect, so it makes sense to have a failsafe in place.

This is pretty obvious, IMO scumtell.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smushface View Post
vote:yankinlk
Hahahaha scumtell if i've ever seen one.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
SSD's used condom from a posh wank?

The point is that, however good we think our reads are, we can never be sure about who we elect, so it makes sense to have a failsafe in place.

This is pretty obvious, IMO scumtell.
I'm not saying we should vote for someone else I am just saying everyone has kind of given up on trying to find A different option.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:38 PM

Checked it just before it started then got busy and forgot the past few days. Lots of stuff to wade through here, but first run though seems like rib is best bet for mayor. Plus I want those cookies!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
Checked it just before it started then got busy and forgot the past few days. Lots of stuff to wade through here, but first run though seems like rib is best bet for mayor. Plus I want those cookies!!!
I want to see the cookies first. Then we can talk about my vote...
Old 08-24-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Currently 11 players have voted. Danielle will be excused with just a warning because she posted in the thread and at least tried to vote, but that's still 17 players who are slated for a modkill if they don't vote in the next 24 hours. Get 'er done, folks.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
I can't help it. He's so..charismatic.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 AM

Reason for voting for Ribilla: I (think I) understand the logic behind Rib's claim. Besides everything else is kinda chaotic in this game.

Also; Why did Kennedy get the unofficial role as everyone's favorite scumhunter? That seems an easy way out if he is Maf.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
I never ran. Alth Plato did say the best ruler to elect was the one who didn't want to lead.

I like the Thor that rib has put in to his campaign and also the comment about trying to guess a town item player would be too risky. On vaca now but will try follow thread between margaritas.

Vote rib
Old 08-24-2011, 08:50 AM

Well I do think Rib has a good point, but playing devil's advocate, I do think Rib coming in with that campaign seemed a bit too.....good. I mean, the group he's part of could have completely put this together for him, especially since he said that his group contains some pretty experienced mafia players. Given that this is Rib's 2nd maf game like me, I'm not sure if I would expect this kind of campaign from him alone. For all we know, this "mason ring" could just be his mafia group. All that being said though, I still think the pros outweigh the cons given day 1 so I'll go vote Rib.

Also, I'm a townie in the item game. I know it's been said by every item game player so far, but I don't want any FOS just for the fact that I didn't say it...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
I don't want any FOS just for the fact that I didn't say it...
Why are you afraid of an FOS on you? If you're a townie, you should be fine. If you're a mafia, you shouldn't be.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
Why are you afraid of an FOS on you? If you're a townie, you should be fine. If you're a mafia, you shouldn't be.
I almost made this exact same post, but I wrote it off as a noobtell. I doubt mafia would be so obvious about pointing out the obvious.

I also think you agree with me on that point, so why are you pushing on him for it?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:02 PM

Because it's important this early in the game to see how people word posts kennedy, you yourself should know that.

ALSO, those who haven't voted/looked/replied, please do. modkills unbalance the game and make it less fun.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
Also, I'm a townie in the item game.
So, can you answer my questions then, regarding what happens to the items should you get killed/lynched? So far, the other item players didn't say anything about it.

Yes, I know that sounds a little scummy, but I want to know what happens to those item so we can prepare for if someone of you get killed during the night. And this seems currently pretty inevitable.

Beside, if I were scum, I could just have asked one of my 'fellow' scum that is in the item game.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelonkel View Post
Reason for voting for Ribilla: I (think I) understand the logic behind Rib's claim. Besides everything else is kinda chaotic in this game.

Also; Why did Kennedy get the unofficial role as everyone's favorite scumhunter? That seems an easy way out if he is Maf.
It's a 2 way train. If he's town, we get to use his so-called expertise. If he's mafia, we get more data on him to find him in scum slips.

Don't believe for a second that I trust him. I need to find buddies in the item game and for that, I need data.
Old 08-24-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT Piccolo View Post
So, can you answer my questions then, regarding what happens to the items should you get killed/lynched? So far, the other item players didn't say anything about it.

Yes, I know that sounds a little scummy, but I want to know what happens to those item so we can prepare for if someone of you get killed during the night. And this seems currently pretty inevitable.

Beside, if I were scum, I could just have asked one of my 'fellow' scum that is in the item game.
When two teams get eliminated, the rest of the items go to the third team. I don't know how those items are distributed if town wins with multiple people still alive.

If an item player dies, the items go into limbo until the item game is over.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I almost made this exact same post, but I wrote it off as a noobtell. I doubt mafia would be so obvious about pointing out the obvious.

I also think you agree with me on that point, so why are you pushing on him for it?
I figured pushing him a little bit at this stage would give me a better read on him, due to his relative inexperience. I find that the less experienced you are, the more likely you are to have tells, especially early on in the game when information from roles like inspectors/watchers/etc is extremely low (indeed, we have none at this point).

I do agree with you that it should not be taken as a scumtell yet, but it is something which can serve as a discussion point for him to answer for why he is acting the way he is.

Are you implying that you should be the only one asking questions?
Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Are you implying that you should be the only one asking questions?
Are you implying that asking you questions of the questions you ask means I don't want you to ask questions?

Your response is basically what I expected you to say, I was hoping you'd throw me a curveball.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Are you implying that asking you questions of the questions you ask means I don't want you to ask questions?

Your response is basically what I expected you to say, I was hoping you'd throw me a curveball.
Seems like you're questioning whether him questioning your questioning of him is the right question to ask.

So THIS is how we play mafia, awesome.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:45 PM

Back, was camping. Didnt realise everyone had a PR. In response to mintz, I was just saying we shouldnt blindly trust Ken just because hes good.

Quote:
Also, why do people think that

a) I'm retarded

b) I'm a girl
a) They're mostly american

b) Your name (I was joking)
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Seems like you're questioning whether him questioning your questioning of him is the right question to ask.

So THIS is how we play mafia, awesome.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:

in other news, day almost done
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Back, was camping. Didnt realise everyone had a PR. In response to mintz, I was just saying we shouldnt blindly trust Ken just because hes good.

a) They're mostly american

b) Your name (I was joking)
At no point in this entire thread has anyone even remotely said that we should blindly trust Ken.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:31 PM

No, but noone has questioned him either, as they have for everyone else.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

Sorry Kennedy, I'll try to post more often for you.

I voted SSD for mayor because he's right. It's always myself or him that dies first.
Voting for myself for mayor would be stupid, as would running, so I opted out of the campaign myself.

At this stage, it's just a popularity contest IMO, which is why I haven't really been joining in. It's too yawn for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Sorry Kennedy, I'll try to post more often for you.

I voted SSD for mayor because he's right. It's always myself or him that dies first.
Voting for myself for mayor would be stupid, as would running, so I opted out of the campaign myself.

At this stage, it's just a popularity contest IMO, which is why I haven't really been joining in. It's too yawn for me.
Have you literally read anything in this thread?