Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:05 PM

I was joking. No-one would elect me. TA=time anchor. I can avoid kills, actions, etc.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:24 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

if you were joking about running why did you claim :|

especially since you made that post assuming mafia would know what your TA role meant, which means that mafia would simply avoid you and you would become literally worthless. i really don't know how you can be this bad at mafia after so many games watched/played in.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:49 PM

I might have pushed it, but everyone hopped on Rib so there was zero point. I claimed because the past few maf games have been kinda boring, and Its hard for me to die, so I thought I may as well just go for it.

Also I tend to get lynched early, so I saw it as a better way to avoid being lynched.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:50 PM

it doesnt matter so much if they know what I can do, I cant really help town much, all I can do is stop myself dying.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM

At least to me, Premier Stalin doesn't make sense at all...

What I noticed, there were only two kills that night, but there should have been three (two by mafia, one by corp). No as far as I see, there are four possibilities:
  1. The corp and mafia coincidental targeted the same person... Unlikely.
  2. Someone was saved by a PR/their own PR.
  3. They accidentally hit a corp, which can't be killed normally. If so, they can speak up and we lynch him/her for them
  4. Duo to the modkill, the mafia kill power was decreased by one.

If possible, could GGQ please verify or invalidate point 4?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:27 PM

i would bet someone in item game was saved?
Old 08-27-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
it doesnt matter so much if they know what I can do, I cant really help town much, all I can do is stop myself dying.
The point is that you are a role which SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NEVER CLAIM, your only strength is wasting mafia kills when they try and lynch you.

If anything you should have claimed something imaginary the mafia would want to get rid of (playing off your rather accurate reputation as a retard) like "I am the head surgeon, I can protect two people tonight, which ones on the item game should I focus on?".

The only other possibility is that you are town and you are using this to protect yourself from mafia kills or you are mafia/corp and a false claiming town.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Well I guess I could have. Never expected this game to move at a pace so much faster than normal though.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:50 PM

I think we should lynch DDP, though I thought that Shady Dealer could mean a corp alignment as in a stock broker. Regardless he's being very scummy, trying to put the lynch back on ssd and being extremely vague.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:03 PM

y so filler sage?

Also stay safe, i know you are near the dc area, so you guys will get hit.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:25 PM

Travellin for the weekend. Will be out of pocket.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:24 PM

Jailer is usually a town sided role who can jail someone at night (thus role blocking) and communicate anoymously with their prisoner for the night. I guess GGQ left that second part out of the game?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:24 AM

That'd probably be hard to do on this game. Anyways, DDP's replies were a bit scummy, but I think he would answer like that whether his role was town aligned or otherwise, as well. He would be defensive either way, but he didn't go about it in a very solid manner. Stalin you are idiotic for claiming... such a poor use of your abilities. If you made that up, i applaud you and take this back. Leaning towards voting for DDP, but I have a bad feeling he is telling the truth.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:45 AM

Being "insane" maybe there is a twist to the role. Maybe the jailer is mute, or just crazy
Old 08-28-2011, 05:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

Maybe the jailer was smart, and realised that because you claimed, mafia/corp would put a hit on you so that you had no role left.
By jailing you, you could not be attempted for a kill that night (I assume?) and therefore one hit went to waste, as we have seen.
This may be the reason that there were only 2 kills.

Just a theory.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 AM

What I was thinking, but I just want to confirm, can I die in jail?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:41 AM

Usually no, but I don't know GGQ's specific take on Jailer.

Also why did you claim? I don't understand the reasoning at all, since it makes your power useless.
Old 08-28-2011, 11:29 AM

Just posting to say still have power. And it looks more and more evident that DDP is the correct lynch.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post

Last night I investigated DuckDuckPwn. I found some fascinating information about his financial records. Of course, GGQ Banking would be less than pleased to know that their security is compromised, but in the end no one can hide from the truth! DuckDuckPwn is spending incredible amounts of money on his hydro bill. To require this much hydro, he must be running massive amounts of lighting 24/7. Meanwhile he's been discreetly ordering and shipping in certain very suspicious chemicals. Having more than enough to go on, I traced his recent calls and activity and confirmed my suspicions. The lighting is used to produce maristronga, and the chemicals are exactly what's needed to produce caffstacy.

There is no doubt in my mind. DuckDuckPwn is the Shady Dealer!
If u re-read investigation about DDP, it quiet obvious that he is mafia/corp. There might be good reason to put somebody else into jail. If we lynch DDP and we realize that he's mafia, there won't be any sense to put somebody into jail, even we have townie. If we have 1 more town victim, I think that jailing is the only way to unable night powers.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:29 PM

First I don't understand what you are saying Xorg? Second, if I try, the idea still does not make sense.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribilla View Post
did you use your powers last night? Which drug did you give and why? Which role were you aiming to give it to (no names please) and why did you think this was a good idea? Are you part of a pm circle? Can your powers be used on any alignment?
i want answers!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Danielle

^ this...do it nao.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:47 PM

he knows hes dead no matter what he says so i dont believe you are gonna see him trying to make **** up to defend himself right now
Old 08-29-2011, 12:46 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapon View Post
No DDP he isnt pushing to hard, Who's to say you arnt the shady dealer that deals to the mafia, to be honest i dont know any police that deal with "shady dealers" to get drugs. or atleast when it come to the stereo type of police.

When is the last time you met a person dealing e or mary j who was a mafia man? god damn. and you don't understand what i am saying as to helping the police, and i explain more below
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
SSD is pushing on the only information we have, and you're using emotional appeals to combat that instead of logic - "Do you REALLY think... you're being utterly stupid".

Your first reaction was to say that your abilities would give Police specifically immunity to death or two investigations, rather than just saying what your role did. You tried to frame it in a way that made you an asset to town, rather than telling us the complete truth. That's scummy.

No, I never implied some sort of overarching role, but that is what my role in effect does. I don't see how my description of my role seems odd to you; THAT IS WHAT IT DOES. I explained it in that sense because I felt as though while i was almost certain i would be lynched anyway, that i needed to dumb down my role significantly to explain why my role is important to a town victory.

I believe that DDP is actually this drug dealer role. I'm naturally inclined to suspect anybody named "shady dealer", and his reactions to being pushed on are terrible.

explained below

DDP knows that SSD is going to push on him for this. It's obviously going to happen, yet he says "I would urge a vote on you just for how utterly stupid you are being on this." That's an emotional appeal, and one that doesn't make sense. Suspecting other players for doing their jobs as scumhunters just because that scumhunting happens to be directed at you is not good play, it's not how you get yourself off the block for being lynched, and it's not a townie reaction. It's desperation, and as a townie DDP would offer a more nuanced response - I think he basically gave up when this report came out and typed up some panicky bull****.

It is not an emotional appeal, it is an emotional reaction. I did not say that for the sake of being "persuasive." I'm good enough at this game to know that using your words and sound logic and being truthful are the best ways to go in mafia. But when I'm presented with an almost certain lynch when my role in my opinion is extremely extremely good, it is extremely frustrating. Why the hell SHOULDN'T I panic? Police can't (or well, shouldn't imo) publicly come out and defend me, nor can any other investigative role.

I'm voting for him, and so should the rest of town.

no u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Rather than lynching DDP straight away, why doesn't DDP use his power on the police, and they can confirm if what he said is true?

Of course i am slightly biased in this regard but I do agree with this. I am more than willing to prove my role, but I sure as hell can't if I'm being lynched today.

Whichever police claims will be protected, I'm sure, as we probably have a few protection roles left...assuming there were any to begin with?

I guess so, but I'm hesitant to endorse a Police claim anyway; we have one essentially guaranteed town in Ribilla out in the open (albeit behind sizeable protection) and having more people claim a la premier will just lead to mafia or corp wittling down our numbers from roles which they know can be potentially dangerous, and I doubt there are enough protections to go around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Cookies are for the living.

Obviously DDP is scumtelling like a crazyman, interesting question:

I don't see how i'm scumtelling so hard but sure

Did you use your powers last night? Which drug did you give and why? Which role were you aiming to give it to (no names please) and why did you think this was a good idea? Are you part of a PM circle? Can your powers be used on any alignment?

I made one batch of maristronga and am currently able to give it out to anyone today. I did not give it to anyone because it is a consumable item and I felt that I could find a suitable holder of it during the day by reading through posts and trying to find hard town-tells. It is very possible that I am a part of a PM circle with a means of contacting the police if you did not read my prior posts indicating that I already had some form of contact with the Police WHICH THEY ARE ACTIVELY IGNORING, ASSHOLES. Due to literally not one police responding to me over the course of this entire game, I could not simply rely on the police to receive the drugs because i have no alias/alti name/etc to even give to. I am unsure if it can be used on any alignment, but I know that I can't use them on myself. "Never get high on your own supply." (That is not a specific quote or anything from my role PM but biggie captures the idea well enough).
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
hmmmm very interesting night. I think ddp is very scummy. I also think that kennedy is right for pushing... but i see where ssd is coming from and i see them both as town...

I would have been quite shocked if no one pushed on me for what happened in the update. That isn't what has particularly angered me. What angers me is that I am in a position which I see as next to impossible to explain myself without rulebreaking out of, and it is this bitter frustration that really digged at me. I really hope you didn't read my response to ssd as some sort of FoS. That was me mostly going "I have explained why my role is good and I am extremely angry that you continue to push on me despite me explaining myself."

I do, however, FoS kennedy strongly. He seems to be trying to blanket his quick lynch on me with the ruse of being a scumhunting technique. Virtually any post with substance is a scumhunting technique; you judge the responses to it and the questions that are asked in it. That, however, does not somehow excuse the content of said post, which is effectively a quicklynch on someone who is probably going to be lynched anyway.

The aside at the end of the post on "im voting him and the rest of the town should too" feels like a phony way to try to ingrain the idea that he is a part of the town. If he were being sincere, he would just say "town." The extra step in that word choice seems to indicate some sort of thought process that "if i say the town then that will imply that i am not town, so i should say the rest of it" and it just feels so ****ing fake.

Mintz, what about kennedy's play is pro-town, and why do you think he is town?
just went through some posts and responded to the parts i felt i could try to give some reasoning behind. My actual reads coming up later tonight.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:44 AM

I like the part where DDP fosses me for fossing him.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?...y_God_You_Suck
Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

that reminds me - kennedy, you never actually explained why you chose to vote and push his lynch so early rather than pursue a different method of gathering information? now that the DDP bandwagon is charging down the tracks, what did you learn from the votes?
Old 08-29-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
I like the part where DDP fosses me for fossing him.

http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?...y_God_You_Suck
i like the part where you ignore everything i said and am not fosing you for the fos on me but the manner of it

kennedyisbad.com
Old 08-29-2011, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineduck View Post
that reminds me - kennedy, you never actually explained why you chose to vote and push his lynch so early rather than pursue a different method of gathering information? now that the DDP bandwagon is charging down the tracks, what did you learn from the votes?
I chose that method because it seemed like the obvious one - we were naturally inclined to rush a lynch and only the more cautious among us would have tried to slow it down. I would have learned from the interactions between those trying to rush it and those slowing it down, but after you confronted me the technique was outed to everybody and was useless in fulfilling its primary function.

That said, I'd say I have stronger reads on both you and Mintz now as a result of our discussion, and tend to think both of you are town.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
i like the part where you ignore everything i said and am not fosing you for the fos on me but the manner of it

kennedyisbad.com
DDP your link isnt working
Old 08-29-2011, 05:00 AM

thatsthejoke.jpg

too tired to post substance tonight. last day of break

Last edited by Duck Duck Pwn; 08-29-2011 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Pwn View Post
thatsthejoke.jpg
i think you might need to rehost the image

try www.imgur.com
Old 08-29-2011, 05:12 AM

oh oops i didnt mean to edit my bad

i think i only added the 2nd line if ggq wants to confirm that. i didnt even realize i had posted already lol x-x
Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 AM

DDP, sorry, this weekend has been a tough one for me, so this won't be as long as it could. I have played many epic mafia games with ssd, and especially kennedy. Ssd's wording of his posts gives me a huge huge town read on him. In addition, I know kennedy pushes incredibly hard almost all the time, so I don't see that as scummy. In addition, I don't think he would have led the lynch as a mafia member, putting himself out there. I could see a possibility of corp, but I still get a town read. Your role is definitely possible, but I think that it is not 100% guaranteed, and I would say there is a better chance there than with a random lynch. As you say you are town, please find someone you see as town and give them the drugs, as it is pretty safe to assume your lynching.

Mintz
Old 08-29-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintzMachete View Post
In addition, I don't think he would have led the lynch as a mafia member, putting himself out there. I could see a possibility of corp, but I still get a town read.

Scumslip? How do you know DDP isn't Corporation?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 AM

? I was saying I don't think you are mafia.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 AM

I said nothing about DDP being corp, in fact I would think with a title like that he is more likely mafia.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:39 AM

Okay but how could you possibly differentiate between someone being corp and someone being mafia without knowing anybody else's alignment?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:28 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to use mafia as on overall term for "bad guy". i.e. mafia or corp.

I notice mintz, kennedy and SSD have all called town tells on each other in some kind of triangle jerk. Just noting this, I don't know whether it's suspicious or not.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to use mafia as on overall term for "bad guy". i.e. mafia or corp.

I notice mintz, kennedy and SSD have all called town tells on each other in some kind of triangle jerk. Just noting this, I don't know whether it's suspicious or not.
where'd you get me calling a town read on kennedy after me spamming that he's scummy the past page and a half :|
Old 08-29-2011, 01:49 PM

I'm kind of curious about that myself.