Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:17 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal
Default Altitude Summer League 3v3 Sign Up

Welcome to the First Annual Altitude Summer League 3v3 Version!

Format: 3v3 TBD

Tentative Scheduled Start: July 19th

Link: http://evilarsenal.webs.com/

***I will be updating this post regularly as well as updating my website***

With the 5v5 tournament getting off to a head start... we will have the servers with support of fLb and tec in order to provide servers for our league (3v3 as well).

The format and rules are going to be the same as they were for the first tournament. I pretty much copied and pasted them from the original tournament thread and modified them to fit this new tournament. Ideally I see the league starting in 1 week (so Sunday July 19th) and the games happening on any day people can make it. Sunday will be the official 5's day, so whenever people can make their matches should be fine. I will probably post a due date For each match to be completed by.

I know there are a lot of teams already out there that will be ready to go for the tournament but I also know that there are people that would be interested in playing but do not have a team. In the post after this one I will keep a rolling tally of all the teams that are currently signed up for the tournament as well as a list of players that are looking for a team. So if you want to be on a team just post in this thread and I will add your name to that post and hopefully people can contact you about being on a team. That means you should include an email address or some way to contact you. There is also a private message system on the forums which you are welcome to use to organize teams.

Here is the info you need to sign your team up for the tournament:

Only the captain can official submit a team roster! Teams should be no more than 7 and no few than 3 players. The format is 3v3 so if you only have 3 and someone doesn't show up then you will be playing a man short. So I suggest having a few more players than 3 on your roster. Only a team with at least 3 players should be sending in a final roster. If you have less than 3 I suggest starting a thread saying that you are looking for players as that worked the best in the past and then once you have 3 or more players then post your final roster here. If you are a single player looking for a team feel free to post here, but if you are a team with a few short just start your own thread!

Sign ups will continue until July 16th. To clarify, July 16th, 12:00am EST is the end of sign ups.

Team Name:
Tag:
Captain (Altitude Name):
Team Members:
Preferred Time Zone:

I need your team name and tag simply for identification. I'd appreciate it if everyone could wear a tag during all league games. It'd make sorting through everything much simpler. I am not including information on IP addresses or account IDs. I will not be checking the server logs for the validity of team players. It is up to each team to be on the honor system and only field the actual players on their teams. It is a small community and I feel like any kind of smurfing will generally not happen.

Last edited by evilarsenal; 07-10-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:21 AM

TOURNAMENT RULES

The league's first season will run from: July 19 to August 16. The first 3 sundays will be for regular season games and the final two sundays will be for the playoffs.

A team will have 2 matches scheduled per week. There is no default day. It is up to the captains to agree to a separate date if it is required. If a date cannot be agreed on, then the match must be played on Sunday. Time depends on preferred time-zones of teams. Scheduling will be random. I will literally pick teams out of a hat to decide who is gonna play who. After the first week, teams will be paired up with teams of the same record. I think part of the problem with the previous tournament is some teams would have a game early in the afternoon and then late at night. Plan on having 2 games on the Sunday and each one will be slotted for a one hour time block.

The complete map pool is: TBD

Throughout the season, the following format will be used with a map veto system:

- Regular Season: BO1 on each map, best of 3 maps
- Playoffs: BO1 on each map, best of 5 maps
- Championship Match: BO1 on each map, best of 7 maps

At any point (including immediately) before each match, map vetos will be announced. Team 1 vetoes a single map first, then team 2 vetoes two maps, and finally team 1 will veto the last map. Team 2 will choose the first map to be played on and the loser chooses each map thereafter. Try to figure out which maps you want to play beforehand! Nothing worse than sitting in game waiting for a team to decide for 15 minutes. ** This is subject to change, we will be using "Home" and "Away" team rules. The setting is TBD.

Schedules will be updated and posted on the website.

During the regular season, each team will have an equal number of games as team 1 and 2 (similar to home and away). During the playoffs, seeding will determine who vetoes and chooses maps first: Lower seeds veto first, top seeds choose the first map.

The playoffs will include the top tier of teams... TBD

The winning captain has to report the results to me. Screenshots of the post-game screen must be captured after every game and should be submitted to ME (evilarsenal) via email immediately following the game along with a scoring summary in text. For example:

EMAIL ADDRESS TO MAIL RESULTS/SCREENSHOTS: worldbiplanes@yahoo.com

Team Extreme beat The Snobsickles 2-1
Team Extreme won Cave, The Snobsickles won Lost City and Team Extreme won Asteroids.

Attach the game screenshots to the email!

A game which lacks screenshots from either side will result in a loss and 1 game suspension for both teams. Realistically, a suspension will not be handed out unless there is a dispute. Making sure you take screenshots is a simple way to be safe and ensure there is no drama.

In the event of a tie (mutual destruction), the map must be replayed immediately.

A team must have at least 3 total pilots including a designated captain. A team is limited to 7 total pilots.

If you have less than 3 players who show up for a match then it is up to the other team whether they want to play the same amount of players or if they choose to play a man (or two) up. It is up to your team to coordinate your team's players. If you show up with fewer than 3 players for a match do not expect to reschedule the match. Plan ahead and plan for a few people being no shows.

IN GAME RULES:

- Substitutions can only take place in between games and not during a game. This means that each player should test their connection with the server extensively before the game goes live. If a player is having problems, he should not play. If a player disconnected or their game crashes that same player may reenter the game once they reconnect. However, no other player is allowed to enter the game that is in progress. If this is violated and the opposing team wants to object then take a screenshot and send it to me with an explanation of what happened. If someone is observing and accidentally spawns but quickly leaves without impacting the game then I suggest teams don't worry about it. But if someone is being abusive then definitely let me know.

- Everyone should be spawning at the same time. That means ideally you should have a 3rd party observer that does a count down for the spawn. Any observers should refrain from using general chat or interring with the game at any point.

Wins are 2 points.
If you lose due to forfeit, you will lose a point (-1) instead of a Loss which is Zero Points
Old 07-10-2009, 07:09 AM

Registered teams:

Team Name: Faggy Little Bears 1
Tag: fLb1
Captain (Altitude Name): Kuja900
Team Members: Kuja900, EvilArsenal, Gameguard, Eth
Preferred Time Zone: EST

Last edited by evilarsenal; 07-10-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM

Team Name: Faggy Little Bears 1
Tag: fLb1
Captain (Altitude Name): Kuja900
Team Members: Kuja900, EvilArsenal, Gameguard, Eth
Preferred Time Zone: EST
Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM

fLb will be submitting 1 more team as well, in addition fLbSS will submit 1 or 2.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Team 1 is already registered on my site ^_^
Old 07-10-2009, 08:50 AM

Your link to your site is broken for me
Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 AM

fixed

http://evilarsenal.webs.com/
Old 07-10-2009, 04:20 PM

so is this a different tournament than the 5v5?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:24 PM

yes
instead of playing 5v5... you will be playing 3v3

you can sign up for both
Old 07-12-2009, 09:46 PM

probably gonna extend this sign up deadline >.<
Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 PM

its just that lot of teams content with the 5v5 tourney atm, you should consider delaying this.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:56 AM

Location: a little bit about CCN: he is 22 yrs old, blonde hair blue eyes, athletic build, great smile/persona

Team Name: Mile High
Tag: -MH-
Captain (Altitude Name): Beagle
Team Members: Blimey, CaptainVogez, derkensnod, Rorsarch, Niko0olas, AIDs
Time Zone: GMT +10
Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 PM

Default J.C. considers.......

will this interfere with the 5v5 tourney? if not i think i have my team ready
Old 07-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Just a note for everyone who thinks that this might interfere with the 5v5 tournament. It looks like we are going to have 11-12 teams in the 5v5 tournament. Ideally we will have 12 teams. We have two servers to work with and every sunday the games will be played. Probably starting at around 2PM EST. That means that the servers will be occupied from about 2-8PM. Seeing as it will be 12 games for everyone to get in 2 games per weekend. As long as this tournament happens on a different day or outside of these times it should be fine.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 AM

Team Name: Mo Money Mo Problemz
Tag: [$]
Captain: TomBRowkaH
Members: TomBRowkaH, priaprism, cfisco, hungrydave, hungrydoug
Preferred time: Not past midnight EST
Old 07-16-2009, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBRowkaH View Post
Team Name: Mo Money Mo Problemz
Tag: [$]
Captain: TomBRowkaH
Members: TomBRowkaH, priaprism, cfisco, hungrydave, hungrydoug
Preferred time: Not past midnight EST
Are you guys interested in playing in the 5v5 tournament? If so, please let me know by either posting here or posting in the Summer League 09 forum post. (the thread for the 5v5 league)
Old 07-16-2009, 08:06 AM

Did we have to submit separately to be in 3v3??? I didn't know that