FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Default World War Mafia!

WORLD WAR MAFIA RULES AND DETAILS AND SUCH LIKE

***NOTE THAT THESE RULES ARE DIFFERENT FROM THE GENERIC ONES IN THE STICKY***

Cheating
1) No posting of any PM you receive from the host, in whole or in part.
2) No using role PM times or screenshots or any other meta-game crap like that to try to figure out alignment (role times won't work in this game anyways)
3) No posting after death besides the one goodbye post that cannot contain any info relevant to the game.
4) NO DISCUSSION OF THE GAME OUTSIDE THE THREAD EXCEPT WITH PLAYERS THAT YOU EXPLICITLY HAVE PM RIGHTS WITH.
5) NO attempting to infiltrate or access a quicktopic/irc/whatever that I haven't specifically given you permission to be a part of.

Voting
1) There will be a separate thread in the Mafia forum for voting. This will allow me to quickly see whose votes are on whom while retaining my sanity.
2) Votes will be posted in the form of "vote:PLAYER"
3) If you want to change your vote, you MUST post "unvote:Player1" before you post "vote:Player2"
4) YOU MAY NOT VOTE NO LYNCH. THAT SUCKS AND IS LAME.
5) In the event of a tie, there will be no lynch.

Modkills
1) Offenses may be grounds for either a warning or a modkill. The difference will be entirely at my discretion.
2) You must vote every day phase, and post at least once per day/night cyle (that's 5 ****ing days, so I think I'm being pretty lenient) or you will be modkilled. <<last game people missed a lot of votes, please clean that up in this game>>
3) There may be other mechanics in the game designed to discourage lurking...
4) Cheating is grounds for immediate modkill, as well as a ban from ever not being a dick.

Roleclaims
1) You are allowed to roleclaim, both your role name and your powers, but as listed in the rules above you may not copy/paste any part of your role PM. I'll warn you to be very careful about claiming. That's all I'm saying.
2) You are also allowed to fake roleclaim, as this is often hilarious when roles are all hidden. Have fun and be creative. Fake roleclaiming also presents its risks, of course.

Day/Night Cycle
1) Days will last 72 hours and Nights will last 48 hours. Each phase shift will take place at 11pm EST sharp.
2) In the case that the phase shift post is late, any actions or votes submitted after the deadline will not be counted
3) You can continue to post between the deadline and the phase shift post, because I cant really stop you, can I?

Misc
1) Do not throw the game or attempt to help someone else's team win. Play to the furthering of your own win condition at all times.
2) DONT EDIT YOUR POSTS. Avoid the edit button. This is grounds for a warning, or if I think the offense was intentional and blatant, a modkill. Just double post to add stuff in or re-format or whatever. I promise I won't redcard you.

WORLD WAR MAFIA DETAILS AND GAME SETUP

This will be a CLOSED setup, with role flip upon death. You will have no idea what roles and abilities are out there. Good Luck and Have Fun

Of course, I will provide SOME information here to help you all out.

There are two factions in this game.

Townie- Townies are innocent nations trying only to quell the troubles that have recently overtaken the world. They generally are not aware of anyone else's role, so they must figure out who the malevolent players are and lynch them. They win when all anti-town forces are out of the game.
Mafia- The Mafia is a conspiracy between nefarious nations to start a new World War in order to seize power. They know each other's identity and can communicate in private to coordinate plans. They win when Mafia comprise at least 50% of the town.

In addition, there are a number of Neutral players in the game with their own win conditions. These may or may not coincide with other win conditions.

Regarding Nukes: A number of players in the game from any faction will have nuclear bombs. Nukes can be used during the day phase only by posting ##nuke -PlayerName- in the thread. The nuke will be considered launched as soon as you post it. Twelve hours later, the nuke will hit its target and kill the player (hopefully we can time our nukes so I'm not asleep at the time -_- but players will be considered dead 12 hours after the launch even if I don't update it right away). There may also be anti-nukes in the game that can render a nuke harmless. These will be used in the same way by posting ##anti-nuke -NameOfPlayerWhoLaunchedNuke-. If you do not have any nukes, you can bluff by launching a dud nuke. It will be revealed to be a dud after it lands 12 hours later. You can only launch one nuke and one anti-nuke per day. There is a World Radiation Level that will be increased by 1 every time a nuke explodes. If the WRL gets high enough, everyone dies and I win. Prisoner's Dilemma FTW

Regarding the Secretary-General(SG): Do not start campaigning for SG until AFTER the game starts. Voting for SG will take place the same way as voting for a lynch. Players will not vote for a lynch on day 1; instead, they will vote for a SG who will decide the lynch himself. The SG will also pick two bodyguards and PM me his picks (HE DOES NOT GET PM RIGHTS WITH THE BODYGUARDS!!!), and the SG cannot be targetted by any kind of ability until the bodyguards are dead. The bodyguards will be told that they were picked as bodyguards. The SG can, however, be lynched. The SG's vote counts for 2 votes.

Regarding the Security Council(SC): There will be a SC that will be able to enact various powers during the night (these will be standard abilities such as investigations, kills, or protections). There will be three permanent members of the SC (United States, Russia, and China) and six players will be randomly selected to join them each night (Each time one of the permanent members dies, the number of randomly selected members will be decreased by two the next night). Each night, the SC will get a new private QuickTopic where they will post identified only by their Country rather than by their player name (though they can claim who they are if they want to). They will be told which power the SC can use that night, and must reach a consensus of over 50% votes on which player will be targeted by that power. If no consensus is reached, the power will be lost.

Last edited by GGQ; 10-12-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:33 AM
Super Moderator

1) Duck Duck Pwn
2) wolf'j'max
3) Clapon
4) Kennedy
5) CCN
6) sunshineduck
7) tyr
8) Spartan
9) Premier Stalin
10) tomato man
11) Dark_Sage
12) Ribilla
13) MintzMachete
14) WarMachine
15) shrode
16) Flexio
17) gammelonkel
18) Smushface
19) nobodyhome
20) Selfish Lover
21) Massi
22) [Y]
23) acegunner
24) mjolnir
25) andy
26) Danielle
27) OT Piccolo
28) G00SE
29) loli.ta
30)

There are currently 10 players remaining.

There are currently ? Townies remaining.
There are currently 5 Mafia remaining.
There are currently ? Neutral remaining.

Current Mafia KP is 3

Last edited by GGQ; 11-06-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Four more sign-ups and we gogogo!

How about some of you guests that I always see reading the mafia forums!

Last edited by GGQ; 10-10-2011 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:49 PM

I REQUEST to NOT be Croatia or Estonia or Norway. I want to nuke them first.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 PM

Stormich and Eth (and myself), feel sad right now.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:10 AM

Whats a timeline if we get no more sign ups or not filled up all the way?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

If it doesn't fill up, it will never start.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:59 PM

the people who are signed up are active on forums. if we wait for people to see this ****, they aren't active enough to play in the first place and will just lurk. Balance it for 4 less people plx?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:34 PM

Was planning on just watching this game but since you need more people I'll play. Sign me up!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfish Lover View Post
Was planning on just watching this game but since you need more people I'll play. Sign me up!
Likewise .
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 AM

That was easy
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

loli signed up! one more imo!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:07 AM

Ccnccccncnccnnccnccncncccncncncncncnncncncncncncn
Old 10-12-2011, 09:25 AM

I want this game to start bad enough to almost consider getting random non-altitude ppl to join.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Added some new information about the Security Council mechanic. Also changed the name of the World Leader to Secretary-General. Ya'll are the UN now.

Game will start friday night at 11pm EST. Role PMs will go out in the hours leading up to the game start.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:18 PM

If we are 29, will town simply loose a player, or will you cut a neutral?
Old 10-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, tomorrow at 11pm EST! Yeah, that's right, I just delayed the start of the game by 24 hours, deal with it IMO!

Sorry, guys, I'm not quite ready, that's all.

Also, if anyone else wants to join, you still can!

Last edited by GGQ; 10-15-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:22 AM

My soul is now crushed
Old 10-16-2011, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Role PMs are going out. Fingers crossed that this will be at least reasonably close to balanced. ^_^
Old 10-16-2011, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGQ View Post
Role PMs are going out. Fingers crossed that this will be at least reasonably close to balanced. ^_^
Just about to sleep, gimme mine nao please
Old 10-16-2011, 02:31 AM

GGQ you are one tricksy bastard, not telling us how many 3rd parties there are.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Roles are out, Day 1 begins with election of the Secretary-General in about one hour! Voting Thread is located here.

Also, let me know if you didn't get a role or you have any questions about the one you got. Good luck and have fun.

Also also, I feel like I've forgotten something really big. Uncomfortable feeling. Hope it's nothing.

Last edited by GGQ; 10-16-2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:15 AM

I nominate myself for secretary general. With all due respect to all of you, I'm the most experienced player here. I have a very powerful role that will be extremely useful to town, and having me protected is of paramount importance. I've run and played in enough games that I can read most of the participating players in here with a great deal of confidence, and my abilities will help town thoroughly crush those that would seek to destroy us.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

I remember what I forgot!

THE FOLLOWING GAME IS NEITHER POLITICALLY CORRECT NOR CULTURALLY SENSITIVE! ANY AND ALL OFFENSIVE STEREOTYPES ARE FOR HUMOUROUS PURPOSES ONLY, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS REPRESENTATIVE OF MY, NIMBLY GAMES', OR ANYONE ELSE'S VIEWS ON ANYTHING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR AGREEABLE ATTITUDES!

Last edited by GGQ; 10-16-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Day 1

In AD 2101, war was beginning. Dissidents across the world spread fear and anger among the people. But these were not simply rogue malcontents. These were agents of a small alliance of countries. This alliance had a grand and nefarious plan: to start a destructive World War and then take control of the broken and shattered Earth after the other nations were weakened.

The Secretary-General of the UN, a bold though eccentric man named Caller, was getting ready to address the assembly of nations when the knock came at his door. Caller had specific strategies planned to restore peace and stability to the world, and today he was going to enact them. He never saw who was waiting when he opened the door. He only saw the gun.

Now, the gathered nations of the UN must elect a new Secretary-General to lead them in these dark and dangerous times. Mistrust and fear run rampant as every innocent nation knows that anyone around them could be a member of the mafia. As the first day of the war broke out, they began to debate and cast their votes for Secretary-General.

NOTE: The voting deadline is 11PM EST on Tuesday the 18th.

Last edited by GGQ; 11-09-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 AM

Sweet! Now that this thing is started...FAKE NUCLEAR LAUNCH ON EVERYONE!!
Old 10-16-2011, 04:27 AM

You should probably put that disclaimer in bold size 4 font in the OP.

Also, be more original in your argument, Kennedy.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

My finger

is on the button
Old 10-16-2011, 04:50 AM

Nuclear Launch Detected
Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

a vote for sunshineduck is a vote for town victory. no silly king will stand in the way of ultimate cuteness this time.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 AM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

to clarify, i am running for secretary-general. and i will fill the world with rainbows.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 AM

To nuke or not to nuke, there aint no question about it --> NUKE EM RICH!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:05 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

Question: Can we necessarily infer alliance from what country someone belongs to, or no?
Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 AM

I'm looking forward to Switzerland counterclaiming Switzerland.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelonkel View Post
I'm looking forward to Switzerland counterclaiming Switzerland.
That's amusing.

Seriously guys, vote for me. My night power pairs really well with Secretary-General, and it will help town enormously.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 AM

inb4Kennedy and SSD both scum.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Day 1

In AD 2101, war was beginning. Dissidents across the world spread fear and anger among the people. But there were not simply rogue malcontents. These were agents of a small alliance of countries. This alliance had a grand and nefarious plan: to start a destructive World War and then take control of the broken and shattered Earth after the other nations were weakened.

The Secretary-General of the UN, a bold though eccentric man named Caller, was getting ready to address the assembly of nations when the knock came at his door. Caller had specific strategies planned to restore peace and stability to the world, and today he was going to enact them. He never saw who was waiting when he opened the door. He only saw the gun.

Now, the gathered nations of the UN must elect a new Secretary-General to lead them in these dark and dangerous trust. Mistrust and fear run rampant as every innocent nation knows that anyone around them could be a member of the mafia. As the first day of the war broke out, they began to debate and cast their votes for Secretary-General.

NOTE: The voting deadline is 11PM EST on Tuesday the 18th.
My country is still alive in 2101???? :O.

In any case, let's wait for a bit, in case there is like South Korea or something and they get a special power for being SG (only saying this cuz the current SG is asian, no racism... yet)
Old 10-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Quote:
THE FOLLOWING GAME IS NEITHER POLITICALLY CORRECT NOR CULTURALLY SENSITIVE! ANY AND ALL OFFENSIVE STEREOTYPES ARE FOR HUMOUROUS PURPOSES ONLY, AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS REPRESENTATIVE OF MY, NIMBLY GAMES', OR ANYONE ELSE'S VIEWS ON ANYTHING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR AGREEABLE ATTITUDES!
I, Neo-Hitler's mechanical T-Rex, use my omega cannon on Mintz, because he's a jew.
Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 PM

point of clarification: is the maximum world radiation level known, or will we just have to fire off nukes until suddenly we all lose?
Old 10-16-2011, 12:43 PM

also i nominate myself to run for secretary-general again lol. why you should vote for me:

1. a vote for me is a vote for not ssd and not kennedy.
2. you don't want to vote for either ssd or kennedy. ssd because he isn't as cute as me, and kennedy because he was scum last time and by extrapolation he will be scum this time.
3. i am town.