Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 AM

Default Suggestion: subforum for each game mode

Hi there administrators,

In spite of our divergent positions on the status, legality, and goals of the Occupy Karlam movement, I come to you today with yet another game changing suggestion.

I am of the opinion that each game mode should have its own subforum. The purpose is simple - to effectuate and stimulate the growth and discussion of the game modes through multi-party communication.

The less played game modes, such as 1dm and TDM will benefit as enthusiasts gather together in search of common servers, game-play times, and strategic discussions.

The more played modes will benefit from a one-stop-shop for strategy, amusing photos, videos, commentary, league standings, and the like.

Co-op, a new community driven mode, will benefit from increased exposure as it is currently limited to a handful of obscure servers and a single thread in the server subforum.

I propose the following format:

New forum division:

Deathmatch (1dm, FFA, TDM)

Ball (ball)

Base destruction (1bd, TDM, that other weird mode with the explosive)

Co-op

I believe that this will greatly increase the ease players have in discussing and learning about their favorite game modes.

I also propose eliminating the leagues forum. This forum will be redundant since league administrators and can simply post the relevant information inside the game-mode forum.

It would also be reasonable to have a guides sub-forum for each mode, so that mode specific information can be consolidated.

I also suggest that the "best" threads for a given mode - e.g. Person X's guide to Mode Y - be stickied in their respective forums (bomb running guide comes to mind).

Additionally, each forum could have a list of (1) servers (with locations) for that mode), and (2) a list of players and when they generally play (include your Vapor ID - optional but amusing)

This is all I have to say.

Darkus out.

Last edited by elxir; 11-09-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
Base destruction (1bd, TDM, that other weird mode with the explosive)
you mean obj
Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 PM

Why does turretfarming need its own forum sub-section and TBD has to share one with other modes?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Location: being a video game clan CEO is not that prestigious

My "Occupy Karlam" spam filter caught this but I dug it out to see if it contained anything 1%ish.

It did. Not a bad suggestion, but I think it might actually confuse things a bit. Like where would a "plane balancing" thread go? And would guide-makers have to then create two or more separate guides for each plane AND each game mode?

I've never understood 1de.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgleaf View Post
My "Occupy Karlam" spam filter caught this but I dug it out to see if it contained anything 1%ish.

It did. Not a bad suggestion, but I think it might actually confuse things a bit. Like where would a "plane balancing" thread go? And would guide-makers have to then create two or more separate guides for each plane AND each game mode?

I've never understood 1de.
Retain the current guides and "Altitude Discussion" forums as catch-alls for anything that doesn't fit in.

As it stands, there is no real designated place to discuss specific aspects of gameplay, aside from the occasional rogue thread.

My theory is simple: if you put a sign on the sidewalk that says "you may smoke here," people will congregate to that sign and smoke.

The same may happen with game-mode specific discussion and interaction.

I dodge bombs to save my bars. I am the 1%.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
My theory is simple: if you put a sign on the sidewalk that says "you may smoke here," people will congregate to that sign and smoke.
This is true. For the longest time ladder discussion was constrained to the single "Introducing: Altitude Ladder" thread. When ladder got its own separate forum, people went there and SMOKED. They were FREE.

Liberate the people. We are the 99%.