Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Default Swear Words

I noticed a few more people were interested in not having to deal with derogatory comments in game as well as interested in the filtered swear words list. I have compiled a new list that you can download and replace your old list if you want it to be more inclusive.

The new list contains 325 possible swear words as compared to the default list which contains 28 words. If you want to use this new list just download the file from the link and replace the file located at Altitude/config/filtered_swear_words.txt

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kky1ym...wear_words.txt
Old 07-24-2009, 06:35 PM

You've gotta love languages... 325 different ways to express your displeasure that someone on the internet just killed your aeroplane avatar...

I shall forgo this particular update but I'm sure there's those as would welcome this... it beats just muting the chat or individual players at least.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:46 PM

Default Woo

This is pretty relevant.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/7/22/
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 PM

Let's work as a community to produce amusing substitutions for swearwords.

The 'f-word' become - love
The 'c-word' becomes - cake
The other 'c-word' becomes - cute.

e.g. YOU BIG CUTE! I BET YOU LOVE YOUR MOM, CAKE-SUCKER!!!

With this sort of defense, the only possible way to swear is to be creative, which is less profane and more amusing. And if you don't like this idea, then suck my boiling farts, breadface.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Haha, two relevant comics in a week: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/7/17/

Thanks for the list, maimer.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Super Moderator

my favorite swear filter is the one in company of heroes, which is just... random.

for instance, it censors vagina but not penis. hm.

in other news, I was a much more innocent man before reading maimer's list of swear words. what's a bampot? a penispuffer? why are we censoring farm implements (hoe) and important canal management structures (dike)? has "gay****ist" ever actually been used in chat, let alone frequently enough to warrant an entry in this list? why "mcfagget" but no "mcfaggot"? is that insult only used by people that are so retarded that you can just ASSUME they can't spell?
Old 07-25-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
why "mcfagget" but no "mcfaggot"? is that insult only used by people that are so retarded that you can just ASSUME they can't spell?
I think Maimer just wanted to swear a whole bunch so he made a list. I don't blame him, I like to swear!

I'm gonna gently caress your face, you loving poo poo head!
Old 07-27-2009, 08:58 PM

homo dumb**** honkey is my favorite
Old 05-12-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
I noticed a few more people were interested in not having to deal with derogatory comments in game as well as interested in the filtered swear words list. I have compiled a new list that you can download and replace your old list if you want it to be more inclusive.

The new list contains 325 possible swear words as compared to the default list which contains 28 words. If you want to use this new list just download the file from the link and replace the file located at Altitude/config/filtered_swear_words.txt

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kky1ym...wear_words.txt
Hey, thanks for the list. I'm a bit embarrassed that I've been having trouble figuring out how to access the path: Altitude/config/filtered_swear_words.txt. I've browsed both in the Windows environment and the c prompt, but I can not find an Altitude directory. Would very much like to add a couple of words at least to my filter. Anyone have a suggestion for me? Thanks.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:08 PM

if any of my irk friends ever get this game im definitely ging to go into their filtered words and add every word frome the game (missile, loopy, miranda, bomb, ball, etc) and then just paste the dictionary in there haha
his chat will be like

name:**** ******* *** ** *** **** ****** *** *!
name2:**** ******* ***** twelve ******.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:13 PM

That sounds like a pretty fun trick there... And I don't mind, in general, if people swear, but there are a couple words that are personally hard for me. I am grateful for the filter option and will be grateful for some advice as to how to add them to my txt document.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudokon4Hire View Post
That sounds like a pretty fun trick there... And I don't mind, in general, if people swear, but there are a couple words that are personally hard for me. I am grateful for the filter option and will be grateful for some advice as to how to add them to my txt document.
On windows your config directory is usually one of these (depends whether you're running a 64-bit OS and launching from Steam):

C:\Program Files\Altitude\config
C:\Program Files (x86)\Altitude\config
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\altitude\config
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\altitude\config
Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 AM

Thank you lamster. Perfect. That's all I needed.

Needed to go in to steamapps, etc.. directory. Appreciate the help.

Last edited by Mudokon4Hire; 05-13-2011 at 12:15 AM. Reason: edit