Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Default Patch: February 8th, balance, misc feature improvements, new maps

February 8th, 2012

New official map: ball_skylands (thanks Nikon)
New official map: ball_reef (thanks Nikon)

Rubberized Hull (and Bouncy Walls) - extra damage from explodet reduced from 10% to 7%
Miranda (All Forms) - teleport damage area of effect length decreased by about 5% (no longer extends significantly beyond tail and head of jump points), width decreased by 3%
Miranda (Laser) - increased duration by 10% (same total damage over longer time)
Miranda (Time Anchor) - (TBD mode only) - when carrying the big bomb the time anchor's maximum length decreases by 42% over 7 seconds
Bomber (Bombs) - increased splash radius by 2%, increased percentage of damage dealt as splash (direct reduced from 30 to 20, splash increased from 60 to 70), reduced self-damage from splash by 25%

Added "drop" console command -- just like 'kick' but does not add a 2 minute ban
Added "/captureMode 4" -- similar to captureMode 1 but also shows team changes (X joined the Red Team) and server event popups (Y Bombed Base! 31 damage)
Updated "testTargetFps" console command -- now saves changes to the config file and automatically disables vsync (e.g. to permanently switch to 250 fps: press F1 to open console, testTargetFps 250 -- to switch back to vsync + default refresh rate: testTargetFps -1)

"Free" bomb icons (indicating bombs that are falling freely after its carrier has died) now render with black borders
"Neutral" bombs now render with a neutral color instead of the active player's color (Yellow, Orange, or Pink -- depending on active team colors)
Experience gained this round (from kills and assists) is now used as the tiebreaker for all awards (e.g. if several players score exactly 50 kills, the "most deadly" award goes to the player who scored higher value kills and earned more assists)

Scoreboard: color blind mode [forces colors to Red vs Blue] now shows original team names on scoreboard instead of Left vs Right, e.g. *Green vs *Yellow
Scoreboard: muted players now show a red "m" next to their name (replacing the red *), friended players now show a green "+" next to their name (replacing the green *)

Editor screenshots (Export -> View Screenshot, Export -> Collapsed Screenshot) are now saved to the directory ~Altitude/editor_screenshots
Removed Facebook integration. All users now automatically receive the 100 community points previously associated with Facebook linking.

Fixed a rare bug that caused the Miranda's Time Anchor to warp outside the map bounds resulting in death
Old 02-09-2012, 01:55 AM

Where's the "Reverse thrust has been removed from the game" update?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:57 AM

In another castle.

Also yay skylands
Old 02-09-2012, 02:00 AM

The improvements to colour blind mode is great appreciated.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 AM

Thanks for the update. I hesitate to say that the laser is completely fixed, but it's much more balanced that it was before.

I know that I will, as an avid participator in coop, enjoy the update to the domber. Nothing quite like killing yourself with your own dombs, right?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:53 AM

Yeah lamster, you rock!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:34 AM

Thanks for the laser buff. ^_^
Old 02-09-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
thanks for the laser buff. ^_^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6666
Old 02-09-2012, 04:47 AM

there are so many good changes here i won't bother commenting on all of them.

just saying thanks for continuing to fix random stuff like the color blind team names. DICE and EA could learn something from you about how to handle their communities.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
Where's the "Reverse thrust has been removed from the game" update?
Its at your moms house.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adderall View Post
there are so many good changes here i won't bother commenting on all of them.

just saying thanks for continuing to fix random stuff like the color blind team names. DICE and EA could learn something from you about how to handle their communities.
Hah...it's scary how true this is.

Thanks for the patch Karl and Lam!
Old 02-09-2012, 07:28 AM

What does "extra damage from explodet" mean exactly? Is this some sort of explo nerf?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimladSeraph View Post
What does "extra damage from explodet" mean exactly? Is this some sort of explo nerf?
Explodet does bonus damage to Rubber Hull.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elxir View Post
Explodet does bonus damage to Rubber Hull.
So does this affect self-damage to rubber hulled wahels?
Old 02-09-2012, 08:11 AM

woohoow! all i can say for now.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:51 AM

Thanks for the update!

Most of the updates I understand the need for....

The only question I have (being more of a Ball person than TBD) is the TA distance decrease in TBD mode while carrying the bomb.

I guess because a 42% decrease in warp distance seems excessive; was TA Randa in TBD that overpowered when carrying to necessitate that sort of action?

I mean no offense; I am genuinely curious as a non-TBD player.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamster View Post
Fixed a rare bug that caused the Miranda's Time Anchor to warp outside the map bounds resulting in death
I love you. <3
Old 02-09-2012, 06:24 PM

its not a laser buff, its a nerf if anything. it last longer but spreads the same damage over a longer period. meaning if u want to come out of cover and kill an explod u cant do it as quickly.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:56 PM

Great patch! Nice Bomber mods and TBD Free & Neutral bomb rendering....
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
its not a laser buff, its a nerf if anything. it last longer but spreads the same damage over a longer period. meaning if u want to come out of cover and kill an explod u cant do it as quickly.
^^^ You now deliver the damage over 0.9 seconds instead of over 0.8 seconds, so it's a nerf because the total damage remains constant. If it takes about a second to charge the laser I think it equates to about ~5% less damage over time and 10% less damage rate while you're actually firing your laser.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 PM

It also gives you more time to adjust your aim.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM

Quote:
February 8th, 2012
Miranda (All Forms) - teleport damage area of effect length decreased by about 5% (no longer extends significantly beyond tail and head of jump points), width decreased by 3%I was like no thanks.
Miranda (Laser) - increased duration by 10% (same total damage over longer time)But then i was like, YES!
Miranda (Time Anchor) - (TBD mode only) - when carrying the big bomb the time anchor's maximum length decreases by 42% over 7 secondsAnd then I got even more happy!
See Italicized ^^^
Thanks lamster!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
^^^ You now deliver the damage over 0.9 seconds instead of over 0.8 seconds, so it's a nerf because the total damage remains constant. If it takes about a second to charge the laser I think it equates to about ~5% less damage over time and 10% less damage rate while you're actually firing your laser.
I think they're inferring that people who aren't able to immediately lock the laser on their target would benefit from the new damage distribution. Now if it takes you 0.1 seconds to lock on, you'll be doing more damage over the new time. I think this ends up being a roughly 10% increase, but I'm bad at math and did it in my head. Of course if you're perfect everytime then yea, its a nerf.

EDIT: There are probably a litany of other things I'm not including in this post and I recognize that.

Last edited by rojo; 02-09-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo View Post
I think they're inferring that people who aren't able to immediately lock the laser on their target would benefit from the new damage distribution. Now if it takes you 0.1 seconds to lock on, you'll be doing more damage over the new time. I think this ends up being a roughly 10% increase, but I'm bad at math and did it in my head. Of course if you're perfect everytime then yea, its a nerf.

EDIT: There are probably a litany of other things I'm not including in this post and I recognize that.
The only idiot one to realize that it buffs your control. Thank god.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The only idiot one to realize that it buffs your control. Thank god.
If a laser isn't hitting you when he starts firing, he's a crappy laser. It's a hitscan weapon.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM

If you use mouse control, it's a negligible nerf. Barely. Debatable. I think? If you don't, it's a buff.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:36 AM

Quote:
If you use mouse control, it's a negligible nerf. Barely. Debatable. I think? If you don't, it's a buff.
I think 10% makes the difference vs lights, (i.e. randa v randa/loopy) but not that much vs heavies. It's much easier to win as the trick in a trick v laser now.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Added "/captureMode 4" -- similar to captureMode 1 but also shows team changes (X joined the Red Team) and server event popups (Y Bombed Base! 31 damage)
This should be nice. Thank you.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

Quote:
well no, because laser doesn't lock on to enemy planes once it makes contact. it's a nerf to when you only hit laser for a fraction of the time (i.e when an enemy light flies overhead and you only have 0.X seconds of damage you can do before he flies away). as far as how effective it is, that remains to be seen.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 PM

omg randas got nerfed. maybe i'll come play again.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrode View Post
omg randas got nerfed. maybe i'll come play again.
please do. i noticed u were offline for like 60 days or something silly yesterday which made me sad.

Also, Just a suggestion. Is there possibility of having a search bar for friends? And be able to leave a message when they are offline so they get it when next online?

the biggest flaw is that people could spam. But maybe a limiter of like 2 messages whilst there offline. Then once they have received the message when they login it is reset to 2.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 PM

Mute icon doesn't look so great, should make it - (minus) imo
Old 02-10-2012, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nipple View Post
please do. i noticed u were offline for like 60 days or something silly yesterday which made me sad.

Also, Just a suggestion. Is there possibility of having a search bar for friends? And be able to leave a message when they are offline so they get it when next online?

the biggest flaw is that people could spam. But maybe a limiter of like 2 messages whilst there offline. Then once they have received the message when they login it is reset to 2.
+1 to this! great idea
Old 02-11-2012, 10:21 AM

Feeling like a broken record now but can acid at least have the time refresh on planes that fly through it twice?
Old 02-11-2012, 08:45 PM

Default xD

What about a cool thumbnail for the bots? not always that ugly ace 0 lvl 1 logo!!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
New official map: ball_skylands (thanks Nikon)
New official map: ball_reef (thanks Nikon)
I have already spoke to Karl about this: I feel tbd_leaf is ready to be an official map. I find it somewhat irksome that two ball maps with roughly 25 days of existence have become official so soon. :/ I'll keep making TBD maps, but especially with this update it really feels like you are giving a lot less thought to the TBD official maps.

Last edited by Flexio; 02-14-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
What about a cool thumbnail for the bots? not always that ugly ace 0 lvl 1 logo!!
like a bot head logo!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
Feeling like a broken record now but can acid at least have the time refresh on planes that fly through it twice?
This.

Otherwise though, love the patch <3. The increased info for off-screen bombs is awesome. And the TA nerf in TBD is appreciated. For the record, I don't play tbd competitively, but the few times that I did I felt like TA was very op. Just my 2 cents, don't want to start a debate.

=slight=
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 AM

I'm disappointed with the trickster reduced hitbox & damage nerf (for Ball), don't really mind Lazer being nerfed in TBD but why touch trickster too (and that too for ball)??

trickster is not as OP as lazer was in TBD, it's not like you see teams regularly with 3 or 4 randas and people complaining about randas ALL the time.

Princess Squirtle already posted in the other thread the reason, I also think it's bad, the forward/backward kills with warp with Turbo while moving with the ball held is not something most randas do, this is just punishing randas that do it. This won't be noticed by Ultracap randas, lazers or TAs because their playstyle is different.

Anyway I'm not complaining about the nerf just expressing my observation and thoughts on it. I guess I just have to find ways to adapt my playstyle, but it's definitely a noticeable nerf for me.

Last edited by Tekn0; 02-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:38 AM

tekn0, i was killing a lot of people with my warps. i did it intentionally. there's nothing different in those playstyles, it's just a chance you take. And really, the nerf isn't really noticeable if you were warping right, like you should have been.