Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal
Default Altitude Press - Week 1 - 3/22/2012

Hello lady's and gents!

As an avid follower of current events, i cannot control the overwhelming situation that is coming up! A disputed Altitude ProLeague season where the trophy is up for grabs, and the big turnout of ball teams increasing each season.

For the playoffs, we have the top six in contention. QQ shut out fLb to deny them of their perfect record, but the bears remain in first, having let up only one round less, than the two time champion and resurrected team, Sammiches. fLb and Sammiches come out 1st and 2nd respectively, as they accept their bye in the playoffs. KLF takes third away from QQ by also losing one less round than QQ, while also beating them head to head. FRO is set in fifth, as the limping Iron Legends stick around long enough to make 6th place. The position of the bottom two, PewPew and Prestige World Wide do not look good.

Assuming the general layout of playoffs, the 3rd seed, Kings Live Forever, will play the 6th seed Iron Legends. Iron Legends barely even survived the playoffs, and with the dwindling amount of players, they need their best team on playoff day to even stand a chance. Giving a round to PewPew shows how unstructured the team is. The kings however, have stolen a round off the Sammiches almost securing a 2nd place finish. The kings are looking strong but their attendance needs to be high, and their fighting to a low if they want a piece of silverware which was forever denied them in all of Altitude History. The winner will play Sammich in the next round which should be a great rematch.

Prediction - KLF 3:0 IL
Players to Watch:
KLF: Wolf
IL: FU

The fourth seed, QQ, will be playing the 5th seed, FRO. This should be a fantastic game if everyone shows up. FRO has very good players such as Synnik and Goose. QQ should worry if the attendance is good because FRO has a good playoff history and rank does not deter them from taking advantage of their opponents. QQ defeated an undefeated fLb team but lost to KLF when mled played. If everyone shows up,
Prediction - QQ 3:1 FRO
Players to Watch:
QQ: Trendy/Ball'n
FRO: Goose

So with my predictions, we have KLF vs. Sammiches and fLb vs. qq. fLb being the very prestigious team with a great playoff form, may be able to get revenge on QQ. fLb has a powerhouse of players, new and veteran, to take apart most teams without effort. QQ however will put up a great fight, in hopes of repeating what they do best. KLF vs. Sammiches...hmmmmm.... As sammiches are the new lobstars, they have a very unpredictable form right now because they just came back from the dead. KLF can also have very strong playoff runs as well, but its going to be one hell of a game.
Predictions:
KLF 3:2 Sammiches
fLb 3:2 QQ

and fLb to win the upper bracket against KLF 4-2...

There will be many interesting games, and hopefully everyone can attend because these APL trophy is up for grabs! Can Sammiches make an epic comeback by winning the trophy and tying fLb for most APL trophies? or will fLb seize the day by grabbing an astonishing 4th? FRO, QQ, and KLF will look to upset these powerhouses for their first trophy?

Thanks for reading, please respond with comments about any of the above or some food for thought below!

-Evil

Other than that, what do people think about team deathmatch? Should a tournament or league be tried out?

European/World Cup sort of event in the summer to celebrate the UEFA european cup, group stage, friendlies, and all? with countries?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:19 PM

Nice article man you should keep that up
In my opinion you should add to the qq flb phrase a word bout that there was no games between qq and flb (flb had to forfeit) so basicly qq didn't really win flb.

Last edited by TwistedCookie; 03-22-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Good job evil.
Two notes: QQ didnt actually beat fLb (forfeit win fLb didnt have 4) and in case of a tie the head to head game counts as tiebreaker.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:04 PM

Here's my prediction:

fLb
Sammich
KLF
qq
FRO

Though TBH I think fLb and Sammich could easily be swapped depending on who turned up and places 3 to 5 are interchangeable depending on who shows up. It's going to be a good tourny. I think it's very unlikely that KLF will beat Sammich. FRO haven't done well in the regular season, but always bring it in the playoffs, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were Sammich's toughest match outside fLb.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal

ya, its all up for grabs ^____________^

so whats up with that IL vs. FLB game??????
Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilarsenal View Post
ya, its all up for grabs ^____________^

so whats up with that IL vs. FLB game??????
Unless IL organise a match with us in the coming week, I guess we'll take the forfeit, but we'd like to play it.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:22 PM

if we dont drop a game except for that qq game im sure as hell is going to count this as an undefeated season at least lol
Old 03-22-2012, 06:29 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

synniks gonna be super key for us in the playoffs
Old 03-22-2012, 06:46 PM

are the playoffs over two weeks or is it all done this weekend?

I'm in madrid and am gonna miss synnik winning it for us if it ends in a day

How about we delay the playoffs for a week... so teams can set their strategies...
Old 03-22-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCN View Post
are the playoffs over two weeks or is it all done this weekend?

I'm in madrid and am gonna miss synnik winning it for us if it ends in a day

How about we delay the playoffs for a week... so teams can set their strategies...
Its over 2 weeks and it doesnt start this week
Old 03-22-2012, 07:39 PM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

didn't read any of this but congrats on getting the 1,000th thread in this section.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggomyeggo View Post
didn't read any of this but congrats on getting the 1,000th thread in this section.
read it,theres some good stuff in it b1tch
Old 03-22-2012, 10:42 PM

I think you need to talk more about prestige worldwide
Old 03-23-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreak View Post
I think you need to talk more about prestige worldwide
Players to Watch:
unbreak
Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM

If fLb has everyone show up I don't think **** is up for grabs
Old 03-23-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuja900 View Post
If KLF has everyone show up I don't think **** is up for grabs
fixed for you.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:43 PM

Lol, I knew this thread would devolve into smack talk featuring Kuja. Sorry though class, I only think that either fLb or Sammich have a shot at the title. There hasn't been an fLb vs Sammich match where both teams have played their best sides yet, so it's certainly going to be interesting.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Lol, I knew this thread would devolve into smack talk featuring Kuja. Sorry though class, I only think that either fLb or Sammich have a shot at the title. There hasn't been an fLb vs Sammich match where both teams have played their best sides yet, so it's certainly going to be interesting.
hes staying true to his rep
Old 03-23-2012, 08:45 PM

fLb are the new good guys. Sammich are the bad guys now.

Mikesol is the new kuja, et. etc.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingbo View Post
hes staying true to his rep
Haha I don't even think I needed to post for that to happen.