Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:52 PM

Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
As far as I've read, no one has been scummy at at all. Day one was nothing but what horror said "NLlol". Absolutely nothing that we've said is actually relevant. Or at least not to the point of fosing someone already.

And if I am right, we haven't even reached D2 yet.
Day 2 started last night. (That was a weird sentence lol)
Old 08-31-2012, 11:55 PM

And we should all consider what wolf said. Kennedy might be mafia and that he's trying to **** all of us.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrordude0215 View Post
Day 2 started last night. (That was a weird sentence lol)
Oh I see. Honestly didn't remember. Probably read while half asleep. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Oh I see. Honestly didn't remember. Probably read while half asleep. Thanks.
... Not like he revealed some untellable truth to you... No need to try and seem quite so friendly with horror. Cuddlebuddies

Also stop pleading "honestly" that makes me as likely to believe your town as claiming vig wiuld right now.

Last edited by Premier Stalin; 09-01-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:15 AM

Until Kennedy is counterclaimed, we treat him as clear. I'm trying to look through Day 1 to see if anything pops out at me, but nothing has so far.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribilla View Post
Posting from my.phone, so this will be short.

I don't like Kennedy's claim at all, it doesn't make any sense from a town POV, I've not seen that role before, but isn't it basically useless once the mafia know who it is? His defense is that he's been stalked anyway, but everyone knows the watcher would have been on him and mafia couldn't have known that evil was the watcher, unless he left a breadcrumb somewhere, though I can't find it. So it makes no sense for them to stalk.

No one has CC'd yet, but if they do then they are making their own role unless. (though why Kennedy would sacrifice himself to find the bomb makes no sense either - just thinking out loud here).

Thoughts?
Quote:
Posting from my.phone, so this will be short.

I don't like Kennedy's claim at all, it doesn't make any sense from a town POV, I've not seen that role before, but isn't it basically useless once the mafia know who it is? His defense is that he's been stalked anyway, but everyone knows the watcher would have been on him and mafia couldn't have known that evil was the watcher, unless he left a breadcrumb somewhere, though I can't find it. So it makes no sense for them to stalk.

No one has CC'd yet, but if they do then they are making their own role unless. (though why Kennedy would sacrifice himself to find the bomb makes no sense either - just thinking out loud here).

Thoughts?
I'm not sure I agree with the logic behind Kennedy claiming either since mafia could have died due to a kill on the bomb, but there is no way he is not the bomb. If he wasn't the bomb someone would of CC'd as the true bomb would gladly give up his role for a lynch of a mafia. Personally I'm questioning why you'd try to discredit the fact that he's bomb when it is clear that he is..
Old 09-01-2012, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
Rib, in this situation with a dead watcher, a cop who can't claim, and a stalker, bomb should claim. Mafia would never kill me after n1 because they've stalked *someone* who they know isn't the bomb, so they always have a safe alternative to killing blindly. I would never die moving forward; I'd rather clear myself now than have to fight a CC when we don't have a mislynch.
Makes sense...like you said regardless they'd have a save lynch. I get the logic now.

Oh, and lol at me double quoting rib. fail..
Old 09-01-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
I'm sorry, but how have I been scummy? Because Evil tried pressuring me early and him dying N1? I haven't really responded to Evil because I wasn't worried about it actually going through. Mafia killing evil is just a set-up to get you on my trail, if that even is what you're thinking about.
I kinda agree with wolf here..if he was mafia why would he kill evil because of a soft push that had no merit and was just to get a reaction?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
And we should all consider what wolf said. Kennedy might be mafia and that he's trying to **** all of us.
Honestly this is the scummiest post by far. I think its obvious that if Kennedy was mafia and he claimed bomb, there would be a CC.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:34 AM

Okay, kiddies. We've got some material to work with. Let's throw some fingers.

First, I like wolf's response to Kennedy's reaction test. Some solid towntells there. What I don't like is horrodude lecturing about wifom. He knows what wifom is, Kennedy knows what wifom is, he knows Kennedy knows what wifom is, and he knows wolf hasn't been scummy at all. So why the mechanics lesson instead of going after Kennedy for a seemingly stupid play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrordude0215 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
Horror clearly just doesn't like the way Evil plays. Personanally I don't see the point in ripping him as it accomplishes nothing but I dont think it's a mafia play, I think he just REALLY dislikes evils play lol.
Pretty much this. I find it asinine and more of a distraction than anything.
Then there's this post concerning evil's unorthodox playing style. If I remember correctly, horrodude actually commended evil for finding mafia pretty quickly despite his alleged inability to communicate with the rest of town. All horrordude has to do this game is ignore the inflammatory filler in evil's posts and he and evil can lead us to victory. So why was it "asinine and distracting" for horrordude?

Quote:
I think having a 'quiet' day is about neutral, we may have 2 investigators, but Mafia have one, so the information gain is roughly equal.
Next up is this little gem from Ribilla. A "quiet" say is never neutral. It's good for mafia and bad for town. We don't have two investigators, but if we did, I fail to see how 2v1 makes equal information gain and how that translates into a quiet day phase being neutral.

Quote:
There's really nothing useful to add at the moment so why not write down some gibberish words into the conversation until we actually start getting useful info?
Finally, I present the crown jewel of Slender's fine collection of absolutely useless filler posts. Pause for the inevitable "but...but...YOUR first post!"

And we're back. Most of Day 1 was filler (as was Night 1), but Slender stood out due to sheer frequency and lack of substance. Just as lurking deprives town of scumhunting material, "gibberish words" bring down the signal-to-noise ratio and make it harder to look for scumtells. This isn't really a fos as there's too much wifom concerning noob town/mafia play. Just stop spamming inane thoughts. No one cares that you were tired when you posted. Go sleep and then come back and contribute something useful.

What do you think, Premier? What about you, MJ? Either can answer first.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I think its obvious that if Kennedy was mafia and he claimed bomb, there would be a CC.
Well then, Kennedy is clear. What's next, cop should out IF guilty?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:46 AM

Slender, don't delete your posts. I won't undelete it without Mikesol's say-so but that's a pretty serious rule violation in my games.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Y] View Post
Okay, kiddies. We've got some material to work with. Let's throw some fingers.

First, I like wolf's response to Kennedy's reaction test. Some solid towntells there. What I don't like is horrodude lecturing about wifom. He knows what wifom is, Kennedy knows what wifom is, he knows Kennedy knows what wifom is, and he knows wolf hasn't been scummy at all. So why the mechanics lesson instead of going after Kennedy for a seemingly stupid play?
But if he knows I know that he knows I know about wifom, doesn't he know I know that he knows he could go after me for a stupid play as a fake towntell?
Old 09-01-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
But if he knows I know that he knows I know about wifom, doesn't he know I know that he knows he could go after me for a stupid play as a fake towntell?
But if he knows you know that he knows you know about wifom, doesn't he also knows you know that he knows he could lecture you about wifom as a fake towntell?
Old 09-01-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
What do you think, Premier? What about you, MJ? Either can answer first.
Well as I said above I agree that Slender needs to stop posting useless filler. Ill go compare some things with last game later, but as of now Im not going to put anything out.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Stalin View Post
Well as I said above I agree that Slender needs to stop posting useless filler. Ill go compare some things with last game later, but as of now Im not going to put anything out.
You didn't say that above. In fact, you've said as much as Slender has, only with fewer posts. I honestly think this.

Why do you need to compare some things with last game later? Why not "put anything out" now using the posts in this game? It is, after all, helpful for town. Or did you feel the need to assure everyone you've contributed without actually contributing anything?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
You didn't say that above. In fact, you've said as much as Slender has, only with fewer posts. I honestly think this.

Why do you need to compare some things with last game later? Why not "put anything out" now using the posts in this game? It is, after all, helpful for town. Or did you feel the need to assure everyone you've contributed without actually contributing anything?
I haven't contributed anything yet, don't worry yourself.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I haven't contributed anything yet
I await with bated breath for when you do.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:50 PM

My personal feelings are that I haven't seen anything scummy out of wolf and I agree about slender. Most of his posts have nothing and he seems like hes sitting on the fence with most of his posts. Trying to make sure everyone likes him.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Super Moderator

Remember not to delete or edit your posts. It is in violation of the mafia rules. I will be adding Slender's post to this post. I have also undeleted it at the location.

Quote:
I think its obvious that if Kennedy was mafia and he claimed bomb, there would be a CC.
Well then, Kennedy is clear. What's next, cop should out IF guilty?
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 PM

I wasn't wary of that, so my apologies.

Will post something later on today if something else comes up.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I wasn't wary of that, so my apologies.

Will post something later on today if something else comes up.
You mean aware.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
You mean aware.
I actually meant weary but I'm just retarded to think aware and weary were synonyms. >.>
Old 09-02-2012, 12:23 AM

FU so far has given us the most information to think about, his view on what rib stated about a "quiet" daytime has kind of made me curious about this post.

So rib, what's your story behind said statement?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 AM

kay. let's lynch MJ
Old 09-02-2012, 04:05 AM

All aboard the bandwagon.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
kay. let's lynch MJ
Reasoning? I'd rather go slender or rib personally but I'll hear out your reasoning first before voting.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:34 AM

I'm taking my vote off for now. I kinda wanna hear what rib says about his post before I do/say anything further. Something might come up.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
I'm taking my vote off for now. I kinda wanna hear what rib says about his post before I do/say anything further. Something might come up.
Voting, unvoting, jumping on the bandwagon, after 0 reasoning from Kennedy. Just because hes clear doesnt mean you have to do everything he says without thinking about it. Looking scummier and scummier...
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 AM

To me this seems just a little bit of a reaction test, and even though this might be a serious lynch I'd rather go for Slender right now because he seems to have fallen right into it.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 AM

DAE think Slender seems too scummy to be scum?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I feel this too... but not lynching him because he seems too scummy could be a bad idea later on, when the real mafia are pushing against him and quoting all these retarded things he is doing.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
So you rather see this as an unexperienced player town tell than actual scum? Maybe we should give MJ a little bit of time to respond why NOT to lynch him and if it doesn't suffice just go with it. Posting from my phone so derp grammar
Old 09-02-2012, 04:38 PM

First of all, I don't know what dae stands for. Secondly, can I get some reasoning, or are you just blindly pointing the finger at me? My guess is that you see I'm playing differently this game? Well that's because I'm sick of being the only active player in the game, so when you guys get more active, ill get more active. So tuck you guys, but you only have yourselves to blame.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:38 PM

Stupid kindle. **** you guys
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM

I'm guessing it means 'does anyone else'. Still waiting for Kennedy's reason on voting you though. Otherwise, if his reasoning is not quite logic, I'm clearly going to be the one voted.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Also, I don't see why you'd be voted just because of a different play style. Not an actual reason.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 PM

Posting from my phone right now, can't say much. Will get on a computer later, just wanted to say that I'm not dead lol.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
First of all, I don't know what dae stands for. Secondly, can I get some reasoning, or are you just blindly pointing the finger at me? My guess is that you see I'm playing differently this game? Well that's because I'm sick of being the only active player in the game, so when you guys get more active, ill get more active. So tuck you guys, but you only have yourselves to blame.
From where this response. As you might've noticed we've taken this daytime to actually create 2-3 pages of posts containing information on reaction tests. In response to this you have actually not contributed anything, so your reasoning behind being quiet basically fades away.

I'd be up for lynching MJ.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:38 PM

You would, but we want everyone to speak right now and we're still waiting for Kennedy to clarify his vote on MJ and maybe Rib, although I don't see anything out of the ordinary on his post.