Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > Mafia
FAQ Community Calendar

Mafia Mafia forum games.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf'j'max View Post
From where this response. As you might've noticed we've taken this daytime to actually create 2-3 pages of posts containing information on reaction tests. In response to this you have actually not contributed anything, so your reasoning behind being quiet basically fades away.

I'd be up for lynching MJ.
The game thread is only 3 pages long. This day started just past midway through page 2. Even if every single post was just chock full of reaction tests, you are giving yourself way too much credit. My reasoning stands. Past games have been too quiet despite my efforts. I figured I would see how it goes. It started out quiet, so I didn't bother talking to myself again. If anyone wants to actually engage in conversation ill join in or if I see something that I think needs addressing ill say it. But so far not much has been going on. This thread should be past 5 pages imo.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:35 PM

I wont be online till after the deadline. I voted slender. Scummy or too scummy, hes who Im voting.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
The game thread is only 3 pages long. This day started just past midway through page 2. Even if every single post was just chock full of reaction tests, you are giving yourself way too much credit. My reasoning stands. Past games have been too quiet despite my efforts. I figured I would see how it goes. It started out quiet, so I didn't bother talking to myself again. If anyone wants to actually engage in conversation ill join in or if I see something that I think needs addressing ill say it. But so far not much has been going on. This thread should be past 5 pages imo.
I haven't given myself any credit, that's not the point though.

Instead of complaining that there's not enough posts you could add in on conversations and bring some new info to the table with your opinions. Thankfully you have done so with this post, so just waiting for other's opinions now.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:57 PM

I also won't be online until the deadline so I'm going to throw a vote down also. If anything else comes up take into consideration that I will not be able to re-vote.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

As a heads up I won't be here for the deadline tonight. The deadline is still 8 pm pdt - but I may not be able to post til 11 or so.

Good luck!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 PM

Gonna wait a couple of hours and see if someone actually says something. If not, I'll just call my vote.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 AM

Thirty-six minutes until deadline and still nothing of value from either Rib or Premier. Is DDP going to replace the former?

Despite blatantly ignoring my post and continuing to filler everywhere, Slender comes off more as eager noob town. Not a good lynch. MJ, on the other hand, is a bit more interesting. In response to Kennedy's soft push, he justified his "playing differently" as spite for town's inactivity and said he'll join the conversation when we create one. Except, it's already been created. And how did he respond?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjolnir416 View Post
My personal feelings are that I haven't seen anything scummy out of wolf and I agree about slender. Most of his posts have nothing and he seems like hes sitting on the fence with most of his posts. Trying to make sure everyone likes him.

I'm good with an MJ lynch.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blln4lyf View Post
Reasoning? I'd rather go slender or rib personally but I'll hear out your reasoning first before voting.
Alright well the slender seeming to scummy to be scum makes some sense and no one really got behind my thoughts on rib even though he never logged on to respond so MJ it is. His whole defense was basically just saying be more active which is pretty scummy. That said, 3 people not even voting..
Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Don't really feel like writing a fancy post right now - MJ - the generic townie has been killed.

Warnings have been given to:
  1. Horrordude
  2. Premier Stalin
  3. Ribilla
If any of these people fail to vote in any future day - they will be modkilled and added to the mafia blacklist of players not welcome in this game.

=======
DDP will now rejoin the game in place of Rib.
Night 2 begins now and will last until 9/4 at 8:00 pm PDT.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:34 AM

I'm guessing we're at N2?
Old 09-03-2012, 05:35 AM

Hey guys, BE MORE ACTIVE. I thought last game was more active so I would give this one a chance, turns out I was wrong. When Kennedy just disappears during crunch time, as the supposed clear, its just hard. Plus, its hard to defend yourself from "Hey guiz, lets lynch ..."
Old 09-03-2012, 07:04 AM

Or you could not lurk to spite lurkers.

Any sort of post analysis or scumhunting would have been fine. Instead, you rehashed what I said and then blamed us for your inactivity. Do you see how that might come off as suspicious?
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Duck Duck Pwn

GUESS WHO'S BACK

BACK

back

BACK AGAIN

'GAIN

'gain

k I'm tired and stuff, I'll read and get caught up later
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 AM

Sorry guys, I got stranded without internet or mobile signal in the countryside outside Woking.

DEEDEEPEE is back now, so I'll be leaving the game, but to respond to FU quickly about a previous point.

A 'quiet' day is one in which I don't think we'd get much information, because everyone is just going to go OLOLOLOL NO LYNCH. And the information transfer is equal because we had a cop and a watcher, whereas mafia had a stalker and there is twice as many town as there is mafia, so the information gained by each side is equal.

i.e. town investigate 2/11 people and mafia investigate 1/6 town (6 because they've killed one town, and they know the mafia), which are pretty similar fractions.

GL errybody.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:01 PM

Could you possibly update the playerlist in the OP so it includes if they're dead or not and the role they were playing as?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesol View Post
Night 2 begins now and will last until 9/4 at 8:00 pm PDT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post
I'm guessing we're at N2?
Yes, yes we are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlenderMan View Post

And if I am right, we haven't even reached D2 yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrordude0215 View Post
Day 2 started last night. (That was a weird sentence lol)
Honestly I am not sure what Slender is playing at. Either he hasn't read a single post so far, or hes trying to play the noob card. Either way I'm happy with lynching him.

He was also fairly quick to get on the MJ bandwagon, and although I wouldn't say this is enough in itself, with the rest of his behaviour he must be playing at something.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM

"Oh, I was definitely inactive at night, thats why I am so unaware of the time frame!"
Old 09-03-2012, 08:36 PM

Uhm, it's night phase right now. How about we wait to see what mafia brings us today and see if cop gets a guilty instead of making stuff up already? We've already considered Slender being useless and his posts containing crappy information but decided to go with an MJ lynch anyway.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Uhm, it's night phase right now. How about we wait to see what mafia brings us today and see if cop gets a guilty instead of making stuff up already? We've already considered Slender being useless and his posts containing crappy information but decided to go with an MJ lynch anyway.
And that was like, totally successful. Why are you so defensive of slender anyway? "Sit back and wait for cop" Sounds like a great tactic.

Even if the cop got a guilty, we would most likely have a cc by mafia leading to a 50/50.

Besides, it was kennedy who pushed the lynch on MJ, you were clearly never going to argue against it, and not only this but your reasoning for lynching MJ was "If he cant give me a reason not to lynch, then why not". This just doesnt come across as very town to me, as you should be trying to find real reasons that someone is likely to be mafia, not just that they can't prove otherwise.

You have also contributed very little other than posts such as "So Rib, what do you think of this?" And "Lets see what MJ has to say in his defence". There was a reason I missed this vote deadline, I didn't think MJ was maf and I didn't want to lynch him. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to convince any of you otherwise.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:46 PM

Old 09-05-2012, 01:56 AM

Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.

Hey all, so sorry that I didn't get a chance to be very active yesterday... especially after I was bitching about a wasted day one. >.<' I should be able to post more from here on.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry about the lateness of this post!!

Last night:
* Premier Stalin - a generic townie - was killed

As an update:
3 Mafia - 4 Town

Alive:
1. Balln
3. Kennedy
4. Wolf
6. Horrordude
7. [Y]
9. Duck Duck Pwn
10. Slender

Dead
2. Mj - Generic townie - Lynched Day 2
5. EvilArsenal - Doctor - Killed Night 1
8. Premier Stalin - Generic townie - Killed Night 2

As this is an important day (if town fails to lynch correctly they lose....) this day will end on 9/9 at 8:00 pm PDT (unless everyone votes prior to that)
Old 09-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Cop here. Inno on horror n1 and hooked n2.

Big post incoming with reads yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 09-05-2012, 04:32 PM

Got partway through posting up a bunch of reads I had before realizing that posting reads before trying to pressure some people could be counterproductive at LYLO.

I'll put names in bold so that people get to the questions that I want them to answer.

@balln

1. Why generally did you end up going with the MJ lynch? It seemed as though you had some reservations to it in favor of lynching one of slender/me, but then didn't explain those thoughts.

2. Why didn't you try to express those ideas and try to change the course of the lynch?

3. At the time of the lynch, did you think that MJ was actually mafia?

@Wolf

1. What sort of response from MJ would have made you happy on the last day lynch?

2. What have you contributed to the village so far, in your opinion?

@Horrordude

1. If you had to pick one person from day 2 that you felt was the scummiest, who would it be and why?

@FU

1. Coming out of day 1, who was your best town read and why?

2. What are your thoughts on Slender?

@SlenderMan

1. What, if anything are you looking for someone to post to feel as though there is something worth talking about, beyond general filler?

2. What, if anything, do you think you should be on a lookout for to find mafia?

3. Is there anything about mafia that still confuses you that you would like some clarification on that would help you in this game?

4. Did you honestly agree with the MJ lynch while it was happening, or simply agree with it because other people did? Why or why not?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:33 PM

Oh and

@kennedy

Why did you end up voting MJ anyway? Feel free to answer that after others have answered their stuff.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:21 PM

Counter Claiming Cop on DDP. I got a clear on Horrordude N1 and I investigated Stalin N2, he got killed so didn't need a post back from mike about his role.

I'm not sure how to convince everyone that I AM cop, and ddp is not. So we'll see what happens now. As it'll be night time for me and I'll be --> bed.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:32 PM

K, horror clear.

Answer my questions wolf ty
Old 09-05-2012, 09:46 PM

Oh, actually, we have 66% on lynching a townie today instead of lynching between wolf and i because horror is clear. We can do that.

@Kennedy should we lynch between wolf and I now or later?
Old 09-05-2012, 09:50 PM

@wolf why did you inspect who you did?

I was going to inspect FU last night, if that matters.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:54 PM

DDP, I'd like your opinion as to whether we should lynch between cops or not.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:59 PM

Alright well I'm inclined to believe wolf as he's been town telling and rib was playing very questionable with maneuvers like suggesting Kennedy wasn't in fact bomb when it was obvious he was.

DDP was right about the odds though, which means nothing in terms if he's town or mafia but good information to note.

What we know for sure now is Kennedy and Horror are clear.
Lynching between Wolf and DDP is 50% chance of lynching mafia.
2 of the 3 remaining (Me, FU, Slender) must be mafia by this logic, hence a 67% chance of lynching mafia.

Since cop/CC cop have claimed, bomb is known and watcher is dead, I see no harm in claiming townie at this point.

I'd be down for a DDP/Rib lynch but knowing this information, both FU and Slender must be mafia so I say we lynch both of them before moving on to the cops.

Anyway, DDP, FU, Slender are the 3 mafia in my opinion.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:00 PM

@DDP
As for why I went MJ, there was no other option. 2 people voted and said they wouldn't be back to change their vote regardless of what happened and 3 people(including your sub) didn't even vote. Had your sub showed I am sure he would of voted MJ given the circumstances as well. Anyway it looks like I was most likely right (100% on slender, over 50% on you) being mafia after all.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
DDP, I'd like your opinion as to whether we should lynch between cops or not.
Now that I think about it, all things being equal, a villager lynch is definitely better, because we might hit the hooker, and have statistically higher odds with a villager lynch than lynching between cops. We hit hooker, we have higher odds of winning (50% at that point; we lynch the falseclaiming cop and we win), versus...66% lynch today, 50% tomorrow when horror dies between me/wolf or remaining 2 village claims, 50% again = 25% from that point. Percentages overall, not including the bump from hitting hooker today makes it 16.66666666%.

Lynching cops is 50% today, 66% tomorrow when cop dies at night, 50% last day = 16.666666%.

So lynching villagers is definitely the statistically better option.

Outside of statistics, if there is a particularly obvious or strong read, we can lynch a cop claim and not feel too bad about it, as the odds aren't so far off to overcome a particularly strong read.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:21 AM

I really don't see how people think wolf has been towntelling; he was one of my better maf reads coming out of day 2. My other maf reads were FU and Premier, but obviously Premier isn't mafia. I'll do an iso on wolf, but since I'm a bit biased, someone else should do it too.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:49 AM

Red face

If we're lynching between townies, then last blues should claim. This will probably give in result 2 CCs (maybe 1 because it'd be easier to judge on who to lynch).

Also, I'm more inclined to believe that DDP is cop. I just don't see why wolf would out now when cop should've claimed on D2, not putting to waste 2 townies.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:53 AM

Location: Either in a game of Mafia, or at a Raiders game. Same thing, really.

**** yeah I'm clear bitches lol.

I'll read through the thread to see what reads I can gather tonight.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:51 AM

Why do you believe I should've claimed on D2 with a clear report, so basically a free power role kill for mafia N2?

@DDP regarding all this math stuff, I feel like you're trying to hide your real opinion under a lot of numbers and facts. Instead of telling us WHO to lynch because 'we' have a better chance at winning giving we have 66.7% of hitting maf, why don't you explain thoroughly who you think mafia is besides me. I saw your little message saying you think FU is mafia amd you were thinkig about premier, but that means really nothing to us.

Regarding your own questions towards me:
I'm not certain what I wanted from MJ at that point, he had been nearly inactive throughout the day and was complaining about too little activity, we decided to lynch between slender and MJ, I went with MJ as he was trying to defend himself.

I'm not sure what I have contributed so far, I've been trying to do my best finding out people's opinions so the better scumhunters around here can figure out if they're maf or not.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
@DDP regarding all this math stuff, I feel like you're trying to hide your real opinion under a lot of numbers and facts. Instead of telling us WHO to lynch because 'we' have a better chance at winning giving we have 66.7% of hitting maf, why don't you explain thoroughly who you think mafia is besides me. I saw your little message saying you think FU is mafia amd you were thinkig about premier, but that means really nothing to us.
I tend to get mathy and theoretical.

The question of "do we lynch between cops or between villagers" depends slightly on whom we have the better read on. I've already said that any lynch is fine today given a good enough lead, but if there is one mafia role we particularly want to hit, we should lynch the hooker.

Wolf, if you were mafia, would you let the hooker false claim cop? Why or why not.

Quote:
Regarding your own questions towards me:
I'm not certain what I wanted from MJ at that point, he had been nearly inactive throughout the day and was complaining about too little activity, we decided to lynch between slender and MJ, I went with MJ as he was trying to defend himself.
Fair enough. Maybe I'm just a bit biased since I felt as though being pissed about inactivity is just typical MJ.

What are your thoughts on slender now?

Quote:
I'm not sure what I have contributed so far, I've been trying to do my best finding out people's opinions so the better scumhunters around here can figure out if they're maf or not.
And what have you figured out so far about people's opinions if anything? You've basically said nothing to me.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:02 PM

I'm not going to respond to any questions as in 'what if you were mafia' unless a cleared town asks me to respond, because that is something I don't have to deal with this game as I am cop.

About my thought on slender, for me he's a definitive mafia together with you. He's trying to defend you and claiming I am a maf, so you are the actual cop.

As I said before, i'm not sure what to do with certain posts, since I don't know how to make a 'read' and decided if that is a town tell or not. So after trying to gather some opinions I rather leave it to Kennedy as he was cleared since N1. The only thing i gathered so far is that you and Slender are mafia.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:46 PM

6. Horrordude - clear villager
3. Kennedy - bomb
4. Wolf - cop claim
9. Duck Duck Pwn - cop claim
1. Balln
7. [Y]
10. Slender

2/3 scum blue claims