Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 AM

Sorry, if people don't like this format, then I will be happy to revisit the previous formats used before, but I dont want teams talking for other teams. I think the biggest problem will be teams that might finish 5th or 6th who have a legitimate chance to make a run in the playoffs if the teams were higher. If 7 teams which is a majority tell me they would just like the plain normal SL then I will revert back to the old style...I am trying to do something different mainly because it has been my overwhelming feeling that the standard league was boring/underappreciated.

As a point if I do a consolation playoffs, it gives the teams a better chance to finish higher because they would not need to beat as big of competition....so an 8 beating a 5 is going to be more likely than an 8 beating 1 (going by you guys logic) they will have bragging rights over a team that might otherwise be a contender in a normal setup that they would not get a chance to otherwise.

Again I am not making any changes to my current plans unless I get more dislike from this 2 people in 2 different clans(I am not sure what clan cracker is in...:|) is not going to make me change my mind...no single setup is going to make everyone happy.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 01-04-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 AM

I'm in SMILE, but I'm no captain; just giving my opinion
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknietzsche View Post
I would be perfectly happy for doing a consolation playoffs for the other teams, but I think it is more important to make the regular season matter. If we send the top 8 then the regular season is meaningless imo. I may be moved to 6 but I think more than 50% is ridiculous to have in the playoffs.
If this was say the NFL I would 100% agree with you. However people play this game for fun and over 50% of the teams should make the playoffs so that teams stay interested tbqh.

Anyway doesn't matter to me. I'm exited to pick BBQ, t3c, and twisted and send 2 of them packing for the playoffs while they'd normally be top 4.

Last edited by blln4lyf; 01-04-2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 AM

I would also vote for 6 teams making the playoffs... or 50% of the teams...
Old 01-04-2013, 05:11 AM

I'm not a team captain either, but I don't see any value in basing decisions on a goal of "making things matter" -- particularly when the result seems at odds with the more critical goals of "making things fun" and "presenting competitive challenges", as appears to be the case here.

Teams which are unlikely to make the top 4 are looking forward to SkyLeague. I believe this fact alone is sufficient to assert that the regular season does not exist merely to restrict participation in the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:43 AM

im not a captain either, but my personal opinion is that regular seasons in the past (where every team plays all other teams) in fact has mattered. Scanning through past regular season end results i get the feeling that this type of set up has been pretty precise in ranking teams in ability. Making different groups in this phase wil, partly, destroy this functiln of regular season. . While for the lower ambitious teams whi do no expect to reh playoffs this was a good opportunity to see where they are at. So in conclusion Making the chance at reaching playoffs minimal and having different groups in regular season, makes it less fun to compete for teams with 'realistic ambitions'.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:00 AM

Location: Sunaku pulls away, hesitant and unsure of these feelings he's feeling...

let's just start the playoffs on the 13th

all teams, single elim

ez

finish this **** season in one day
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM

50% of the teams in playoffs would be great imo.
It keeps the balance between having a high degree of competition while leaving the weaker teams in other playoff as you said.
As people said here,teams might not have the encouragement to keep playing if they won't make it to the playoffs so to make it more competitive you can try
to set a prize for the winning team in the lower playoffs.

Last edited by TwistedCookie; 01-04-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM

I do agree maybe 6 teams would be better for regular playoffs. I had originally set my mind on 4 because I thought maybe we only have 10 teams max, but going with 6 is probably the more logical and "right" thing to do. If I do 8 teams, I will want to do single elimination(probably want to do single elimination anyways), doing double elimination basically is just prolonging the inevitable and making the playoffs already longer than it needs to be.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM

If you do single elimination I'd make the series longer at least aka first games with 1/2 in bye at least bo5, maybe even b07, then semis and finals no7.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 PM

Yeah of course. I would definitely not do bo3 in single elims.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:16 PM

DN if you do anything to **** up this league, I will come to your house, and skin you alive. Just so you know. Have a nice day. ^_^
Old 01-04-2013, 04:21 PM

apparently I am the only one who disliked the way it was before...I will just revert back to the original style so people can stop complaining...*sigh*
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM

DN... oh sweet DN. Master DN. Don't do single elimination is all I ask. It doesn't work, and never will with this special case of people all playing in the same tournament. When I'm playing in the playoffs, I already don't see the final bo7 as important, everyone knows who ever wins the semifinals a shoe in. But There was one league, sorry it escapes me at the moment but a team took that second chance and finally broke our almost literal law of "winning two bo7s is impossible". Food for thought. Skyleague is about playing good games, at the highest level and having fun with them. It also rewards players like me with long hours of gaming in one day, I enjoy and am perfectly fine with multiple hours of playoffs in one sitting to show off how strong my endurance is for keeping the same level of play for the whole period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCookie View Post
50% of the teams in playoffs would be great imo.
It keeps the balance between having a high degree of competition while leaving the weaker teams in other playoff as you said.
As people said here,teams might not have the encouragement to keep playing if they won't make it to the playoffs so to make it more competitive you can try
to set a prize for the winning team in the lower playoffs.
This sounds perfect. but... I don't see a prize working here, the point is to win, not get sloppy lasts or whatever. Unless the idea is totally flying over my head, I would like a further explanation. I mean if you like CP then winning SL is great for that kind of person (which I am, gotta catch them all.) but from the quote from below, second only gets 50CP.

The only reasonable prize I could think of is let the winning team of the second playoffs a chance at playing against the other team that wins the first playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Altitude Pro League - TBD Mode
Regular Season Winner: 50CP
Tournament Winner: 150CP
Tournament Runner-Up: 100CP
Third Place: 50CP

Altitude Sky League - Ball Mode
Regular Season Winner: 50CP
Tournament Winner: 100CP
Tournament Runner-Up: 50CP
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM

I am fine with doing double eliminations, making 8 teams have playoffs, etc. I will probably just stick with 2 groups have 8 teams make playoffs like before and do double elimination...I had just gotten the feeling from previous SL's and the complaints that people felt the regular season had no importance, and that playoffs were too long...guess I must have been delusional to feel that way...since apparently no one feels that way.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 PM

If we have a playoffs with 8 teams or even 6 (an intriguing idea) then I'm not convinced we need bother with a second "losers postseason" or "prizes", we've never done that before... As long as teams actually have a chance to make it to the postseason I don't see a need to guarantee one for the bottom several teams
Old 01-04-2013, 09:28 PM

I think we should have captains submitting team rankings (Captains' Poll), and then a selection of players submitting rankings (Hairy Interactive Poll), and then ladder submitting its own rankings (computer poll).

We'll combine the rankings and use that to setup the matches. Gg

Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkguava View Post
I think we should have captains submitting team rankings (Captains' Poll), and then a selection of players submitting rankings (Hairy Interactive Poll), and then ladder submitting its own rankings (computer poll).

We'll combine the rankings and use that to setup the matches. Gg

Lol'd so hard
Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 AM

Because DDP forgets and I don't want to be late

Come on and slam, if you wanna jam

Roster:

DuckDuckPwn {Captain}
Winters Ark {Co-Captain}
EvelKnievel
Wolf
Number 3
WCaptainWolfeG
Spelly
Starscream
Slender
malkin
sky
class
Sage
Vanishing
TwistedDuck

Last edited by Winters Ark; 02-24-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:14 AM

Since leadership keeps passing around the task of putting up a roster, I'm just gonna copy-paste it here and remove Unbreak to meet the roster requirement because it's Unbreak. Any issues with this roster can be put on them.

T3C:

Radium
LeggomyEggo
shmo55
Acegunner
AkiTensai
Elixir
Ex
Maverick
Onix
O.o
Ryebone
Synnik
Threevenge
Ufo
VipMattMan
ViPR
Old 01-06-2013, 01:55 AM

Quote:
I had just gotten the feeling from previous SL's and the complaints that people felt the regular season had no importance, and that playoffs were too long...guess I must have been delusional to feel that way...since apparently no one feels that way.
Nah, you're not delusional... I recall alot of hen clucking last year... If I remember correctly, everyone was fed up with taking so many breaks between rounds... Wasn't there a point where we were off for two weekends in a row during SL? That's why it seemed to drag on and on...
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 AM

Location: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l76jo1xRKb1qbe82eo1_500.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threevenge View Post
Since leadership keeps passing around the task of putting up a roster, I'm just gonna copy-paste it here and remove Unbreak to meet the roster requirement because it's Unbreak. Any issues with this roster can be put on them.

T3C:

Radium
LeggomyEggo
shmo55
Acegunner
AkiTensai
Elixir
Ex
Maverick
Onix
O.o
Synnik
Threevenge
Ufo
Unbreakable
VipMattMan
ViPR
fixed
Old 01-06-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I do agree maybe 6 teams would be better for regular playoffs. I had originally set my mind on 4 because I thought maybe we only have 10 teams max, but going with 6 is probably the more logical and "right" thing to do. If I do 8 teams, I will want to do single elimination(probably want to do single elimination anyways), doing double elimination basically is just prolonging the inevitable and making the playoffs already longer than it needs to be.
Just my opinion as TADOW captain, but we'd prefer at least 6 (or half) teams rather than 4 in the playoffs - any groupings you've discussed seem fine by me
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM

I don't understand all this stuff about playoffs and seasons and stuff but what I really want to know:

1. Do teams get a bonus point for winning 6-0 ?
2. Do teams lose a point less for losing 5-6 ?

Like how we had in WABL

Also, the team having VipMattMan and matattack should be granted less points for cheating...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Pretty late in the discussion here because of a trip, but I think DN made quite a valid effort on changing things. A groups format with a consolations tourney seemed pretty interesting to me - it'd make a better game for higher ranks and get mid & lower ones some way to measure their strength.

But no problem with the old format. Looks like main complaints did just vanish...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM

Here are the players,who will play for PAC :

Peter
General of the Army from Germany

TURBO
Major General from Austria

The Gear
Colonel from Holland

Tjerk
2nd Colonel from Germany

Juin
1st Captain from Guatemala

Hapkido
2nd Captain from the United States

Osmos
Corporal from France

pherkules
Sergeant Major of the Army from Polen

Yves&Remords
Sergeant of the Army from Sweden

NADIA
Private from Portugal
Old 01-09-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abski170 View Post
PIE's roster:
Tax
Chess
No
Wharf Rat
Juin
Axlro$e
Hubris
Amish
MATH
PONO
Lakai
Istanbull
Testiclees
LSDWhale
Looks like Juin is already taken?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:34 PM

Default Oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
Looks like Juin is already taken?
Good catch...
Old 01-09-2013, 05:00 PM

Please take care of the situation as discussed above. Also, ball currently has 18 members registered, remember the max roster size is 16 with 2 substitutions per week. If neither of these are taken care of before sunday, 1) Juin will not be able to play until he says which team he is on and 2) I will remove the last two members of ball's roster according to their current list (andy and ryebone) to achieve the 16 man roster size.

Thanks!

Last edited by darknietzsche; 01-09-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 PM

Quote:
T3C:

Radium
LeggomyEggo
shmo55
Acegunner
AkiTensai
Elixir
Ex
Maverick
Onix
O.o
Ryebone
Synnik
Threevenge
Ufo
VipMattMan
ViPR
Quote:
ball'n
hollywood
Carlos
Moser
Ribilla
rojomojo
shrode
Soccernamlak
Some Poor Soul
tmic
zZ
Aya
Nikon
O.o
XX2
drunkguava
Ryebone
Andy
Take faceguy and Ryebone instead.

-J
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM

ryebone has already said he was playing for ball as shown in leggo's post. I would appreciate teams from posting players on two different rosters...as long as they are on both rosters they will not be able to play unless they specifically announce their team i.e. ryebone.

Last edited by darknietzsche; 01-09-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:11 PM

I prefer posts like that to stay out of this thread as they are not very constructive and promote others to troll. What I would like is a definitive answer otherwise I will assume you don't take it seriously and will just say faceguy can't play and remove andy from the roster.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
Zero Gravity is in for SL7!
Roster

Moon
Caz
AwesomenessJJ
Woofy
BrazNomar
Lombard
Arcane
.-pilot
Inofaith
Phlexxo
Pacman
Dougie
Added Dougie to roster
Old 01-17-2013, 08:06 PM

Adding Wuwu to SMILE's roster
Old 01-18-2013, 06:43 AM

Added Tekn0 to the pirate crew.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:30 PM

subbing Beefheart with Pein
Old 01-20-2013, 07:16 PM

Added StarDust to Arr roster.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 PM

Location: They were naked, I saw many pussy, I walked away. Call me gay but just saying.

bootstraps's feeding in bot lane has gone unpunished for far too long. we are removing him from our active roster in favor of loli, who is way cuter and is better at the game anyway

boots i hope you get set on fire and die
Old 02-17-2013, 08:15 PM

Adding Nipple and Evilarsenal to SMILE roster

Last edited by Xorg; 02-19-2013 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM

Adding Beef again instead of Plauze