Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to evilarsenal
Default Playoffs

playoffs are out
all playoff games will be played next sunday

Ace and Faggy Little Bears get a bye

8/16
1:00 PM EST :: ****ing Ninjas vs v3
2:00 PM EST :: fLbSS vs Lobstars
3:00 PM EST :: Ace vs (winner of ****ing Ninjas/v3)
4:00 PM EST :: fLb vs (winner of fLbSS/Lobstars)
5:00 PM EST :: Winners play each other

Brackets are out on
http://evilarsenal.webs.com

Good season guys ^_^

The matches are best of 5
The lower seeded team gets to veto first, and decide which map to play first
After that, the losing team of the previous round will decide which map to play
Same maps (1 veto each tho)
Old 08-10-2009, 12:46 AM

Evil the SS are rescheduling next week cause mike is moving back to college, tex is camping, mat doing something i forget ect.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 AM

Default Playoffs!......playoffs!

Playoffs!?....Don't talk about playoffs!....You kiddin me....Playoffs!...I just hope we can win a game!

Jim Mora "Playoffs Breakdown-rant" --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

Last edited by Golden Bough; 08-10-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:54 AM

aww..im actually gonna be on a 1 week trip from 15th-22nd..

sat-sat..
Old 08-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

I have to say that I am not happy that this got posted without any contact with me. I have yet to receive results from a lot of the matches from this weekend. Please email screenshots of your games if you haven't done so. Some teams this season have been horrible at sending screenshots. Thank you to those teams who were good about getting it done.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesnl View Post
I have to say that I am not happy that this got posted without any contact with me. I have yet to receive results from a lot of the matches from this weekend. Please email screenshots of your games if you haven't done so. Some teams this season have been horrible at sending screenshots. Thank you to those teams who were good about getting it done.
if you want to change anything such as schedule feel free to do so,

if you want J.C. and IronTeam in playoffs i say its useless ._.
feel free, ill change anything though
Old 08-10-2009, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I got screenies for alot of matches il send em all but its like 1am ima sleep first b4 i go thru comp and find em.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:52 PM

Can we split the playoffs up a bit so everything isn't squeezed into one week.

Also, during the playoffs, there should be deciding games for 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th place. Wouldn't be hard to do. Each team from 3-6 would have to play an extra series.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM

that wouldnt be fair, because fLb would want 1st......... playoffs are based on the season performance :[

idk, things might change, its not set in stone

i might have mixed up the brackets by accident, like 3v6 and 4v5 are gonna be switched in spots of the bracket
idk

schedule probably will change
Old 08-10-2009, 10:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to DubyaCapumWolfeGee Send a message via MSN to DubyaCapumWolfeGee

So will it stay all games on one day?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 PM

Not talking about seeding. Talking about games for first round losers for 5th and 6th place and 2nd round losers for 3rd and 4th.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Evil, can you update this post to include the server/times/opponents that are listed in the Summer League 2009 thread? I don't want people to get confused as to the dates and times.

Also, for anyone who is wondering: the games will all be played on the same day. A champion will be crowned on Sunday. The finals start at 5. The other teams are welcome to use the other server (Server #2) to play games for 3-6th place.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Are the games still 2 out of 3?

Somehow for "important" games I wish it were 3 of 5, but that would take too damn long (probably need more than an hour per set, and definitely don't wanna do 3 sets of those in one day).
Old 08-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

Playoffs update:

Okay, I know a lot of information has already been put out there but I want to make sure that the playoffs are done correctly. Not much has changed from what was originally posted except for maybe opponent changes. Here is the updated list of games and game times for this Sunday. Let me be clear up front about these games - they will go on whether the teams show up or not. Unlike the games of the season, these games depend on the previous game. So rescheduling is not an option. A champion will be crowned on this Sunday.

The playoffs will consist of 3 rounds. The first round will be a best of 3 (same format as the regular season). The second round will be a best of 5 and the finals will be a best of 7. The veto and map selection system will be similar to the regular season.

The lower seeded team always selects the first map veto. In the first round this will follow the same format as the season with the lower seeded team selecting the first map to be vetoed followed by the higher seeded team selecting two maps to be vetoed and the final map being vetoed by the lower seeded team. In the semi-finals, with only two maps being vetoed, the first map will be vetoed by the lower seeded team and the second map will be vetoed by the higher seeded team.

For map selection, the higher seeded team selects the first map to be played. Each subsequent map played is always selected by the loser of the previous map.

Here are the updated schedule times due to the amount of potential maps played in each round:

PLEASE NOTE THE SEEDING NEXT TO EACH TEAM FOR VETO AND MAP SELECTION PURPOSES.

ROUND 1: BEST OF 3
ROUND 2: BEST OF 5
ROUND 3: BEST OF 7

ALL TIMES ARE IN EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

SUNDAY 8/16

Server - Summer League #1
2:00 PM (4)[L*] -vs.- (5)[fLbSS]
3:00 PM (1)ACE -vs.- Winner of above game
5:00 PM Championship Game

Server - Summer League #2
********HOME***AWAY**********
2:00 PM (3)[FN] -vs.- (6)[ZS]
3:00 PM (2)[fLb] -vs.- Winner of above game

Please take note of your seeding so that you know which vetoes are yours as well as whether your team selects the first map or not. I have scheduled the semi-finals in for a two hour time block, but if for some reason they take longer than that then the finals will be pushed back until the teams are finished.

Again, please note that these games cannot be rescheduled. They will be played whether your team shows up or not. We all knew that these games were going to be played exclusively on Sundays when we all signed up. So if your team somehow can't make it then you will just have to try again next tournament.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Possibly lobstars and flbss can reschedule for earlier this week, seeing as we're the first game and half their team can't make it and I can't make it and who the **** can sit and play competitively for 5 or 6 hours straight?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:21 AM

i wouldnt mind that, but then one of our teams would have to play on sunday against ace anyways..

either way we screwed?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 AM

I don't see why the league is being rushed to a close. At the start it was said playoffs would take place over 2 week period if I recall correctly. Rescheduling has been allowed all tournament long and there was no inclination made that playoffs would be any different, especially since the fLbSS informed their opponents a whole week in advance.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:18 AM

im changing it
Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
who the **** can sit and play for 5 or 6 hours straight?
[insert any fLb member]
Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Playoffs update:

Okay, I know a lot of information has already been put out there but I want to make sure that the playoffs are done correctly. Not much has changed from what was originally posted except for maybe opponent changes. Here is the updated list of games and game times for this Sunday. Let me be clear up front about these games - they will go on whether the teams show up or not. Unlike the games of the season, these games depend on the previous game. So rescheduling is not an option. A champion will be crowned on this Sunday.

The playoffs will consist of 3 rounds. The first round will be a best of 3 (same format as the regular season). The second round will be a best of 5 and the finals will be a best of 7. The veto and map selection system will be similar to the regular season.

The lower seeded team always selects the first map veto. In the first round this will follow the same format as the season with the lower seeded team selecting the first map to be vetoed followed by the higher seeded team selecting two maps to be vetoed and the final map being vetoed by the lower seeded team. In the semi-finals, with only two maps being vetoed, the first map will be vetoed by the lower seeded team and the second map will be vetoed by the higher seeded team.

For map selection, the higher seeded team selects the first map to be played. Each subsequent map played is always selected by the loser of the previous map.

Here are the updated schedule times due to the amount of potential maps played in each round:

PLEASE NOTE THE SEEDING NEXT TO EACH TEAM FOR VETO AND MAP SELECTION PURPOSES.

ROUND 1: BEST OF 3
ROUND 2: BEST OF 5
ROUND 3: BEST OF 7

ALL TIMES ARE IN EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

SUNDAY 8/16

Server - Summer League #1
2:00 PM (4)[L*] -vs.- (5)[fLbSS]
3:00 PM (1)ACE -vs.- Winner of above game
5:00 PM Championship Game

Server - Summer League #2
********HOME***AWAY**********
2:00 PM (3)[FN] -vs.- (6)[ZS]
3:00 PM (2)[fLb] -vs.- Winner of above game

Please take note of your seeding so that you know which vetoes are yours as well as whether your team selects the first map or not. I have scheduled the semi-finals in for a two hour time block, but if for some reason they take longer than that then the finals will be pushed back until the teams are finished.

Again, please note that these games cannot be rescheduled. They will be played whether your team shows up or not. We all knew that these games were going to be played exclusively on Sundays when we all signed up. So if your team somehow can't make it then you will just have to try again next tournament.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by as red as black View Post
[insert any fLb member]
I disagree. I think the longest I've ever sat through a session of Altitude is about three hours. ryebone 1 : ARAB 0
Old 08-11-2009, 07:14 AM

i dont actually play ._.
i show up for matches only lol