Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > News
FAQ Community Calendar

News Read announcements and change logs here.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Default Patch: august 18th, bug fixes

From a player perspective this is a very minor patch; we've been working on a bunch of stuff that you guys will care about, but it's not ready yet -- we just wanted to deploy these bug fixes now.

fixed "new chat window should not grab focus when you are chatting with someone else" issue
added tab / shift+tab cycling to friend chat windows
"Heavy Cannon" - secondary machine gun damage increased by 11%

fixed movement bug that caused stalled planes to recoil at abnormally high velocities when unstalled by an explosion or bouncy-wall-collision

fixed lots of bugs
Old 08-18-2009, 09:23 PM

Good stuff. And I can't wait to see what you guys have in the works.

BTW, good job making a superawesome game guys.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 PM

Oooo fixt HC? Hope this feels nice

Edit: YESSSSSSSS!

Last edited by STACK; 08-18-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:33 AM

can somethin on miranda be increased next time? pls... ?
shield or somethin..
xP
Old 08-19-2009, 07:24 AM

Why do people always want more HP for loopy and miranda, they're supposed to be have low HP, but great agility.
On topic, I hope upping damage on secondary can help HC, thanks guys.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the patch, looking forward to the new stuff!

Nikoooooolas not all of us want an imbalanced game. We like to see patches that keep the game balanced, not patches that satisfy your desire to own. -_-;;

Sorry to say also but I think the new HC is just pretty much the same as prenerf, you can still oneshot loopies/mirandas as it is now :P Me, I dont really mind since it's probably the highest skill-req plane to fly, but that's where it's at now.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:08 PM

Fantastic. I'm excited to see what else you can throw at us!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth View Post
Nikoooooolas not all of us want an imbalanced game. We like to see patches that keep the game balanced, not patches that satisfy your desire to own. -_-;
eth..? im gettin killed so many times by biplane after the patch ...
i could kill easily with 3shots a bip.. bt now i dont even try a face to face battle...
xP
Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM

Biplanes have always been like that. Recoilless didnt change with this patch, HC could 2shot miranda/loopy before the patch as well. Machinegun requires a little less aim to pull off a oneshot but.. if youre going face to face with a biplane, its your fault in the first place. Use heavy armor and play more mirandaish :P

Bottom line: miranda is fine.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:44 PM

Yeah, as Gameguard once said to me, if you see the enemy coming for you and you're a miranda, just turn and afterburn away
Old 08-19-2009, 08:55 PM

It's funny how not too long ago everyone would have laughed if I said "hitting a plane with 2 consecutive shots is the highest feat of skill in the game."
Old 08-19-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
It's funny how not too long ago everyone would have laughed if I said "hitting a plane with 2 consecutive shots is the highest feat of skill in the game."
So you think recoiless is easier than HC? I kinda feel they are different skill wise, HC is more about the aim and recoiless requires positioning. Even after this patch it seems that HC is just inferior, at least at dealing with high HP planes, still best counter to miranda imo.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
Do you have an example of a plane / manuever / whatever that required significantly more skill from the past? Because I can't think of something that was ever more obviously difficult than sniping with a low ROF, high recoil, small projectile shot.

at least in terms of action-game type skill. there's obviously all the positioning / decision-making stuff, but that's a lot harder to compare.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiogenesDog View Post
Do you have an example of a plane / manuever / whatever that required significantly more skill from the past? Because I can't think of something that was ever more obviously difficult than sniping with a low ROF, high recoil, small projectile shot.

at least in terms of action-game type skill. there's obviously all the positioning / decision-making stuff, but that's a lot harder to compare.
The only thing that ever really merited a comparison was explodet missiles, and since positioning was incredibly important if you really wanted to kill someone instead of just propelling him to safety, you don't have to time missiles and manually detonate for damage, and you would hurt yourself using them close, it's not really much of one. Positioning and timing aside, in general I consider shooting someone 8 times to kill to require more skill than shooting him twice, roughly 4 times more if you want it quantified. It's why in fps when you see snipers you have to hit the head, a presumably hard target if the other player is moving and aware, for the weapon to be really useful.

And perhaps the last part would be true if the projectile weren't as wide as most of the planes and the recoil were high enough to matter, like afterburners couldn't instantly negate it.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
Yeah, as Gameguard once said to me, if you see the enemy coming for you and you're a miranda, just turn and afterburn away
ma problem ?
never go away except the plane is smoking...
;p

eth i edited my 2nd miranda to hv heavy armor...
the only bad thing is tht im forgeting is not gaining back the health...
[u hv to get back to the base... u idiot.. xP]
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 AM

question: why does emp still exist?

It's only to allow demos to kill people more easily. But, I'm against demos having any buttons usable other than arrows and 'F' (to some extent). Therefore since emp is only for demos and demos deserve nothing, emp should be replaced with a non-BS perk. PLEEZE

edit: why am I in such a demo hating mood lately?
Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 AM

Whaaaaaa? EMP is an important part of gameplay IMO whether you're a demo or not. It is the only weapon that actually slows you down and prevents after burner. Why take out a unique feature and one that varies gameplay just because demos have it? Countering EMP is fairly easy...just throttle down. Sure, it puts you at a disadvantage but that's the fun of Altitude, countering various effects, weapons, and plane abilities using skill.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 AM

Haha, lately i agree with ARAB, emp+tracker is just so easy, 5 loopys spamming f is inescapable
Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 AM

I think emp should be an aimed weapon, not one that, like all other loopy outfits, only requires the pilot to press "d" somewhere in the vicinity of the target. So, the little ball of energy stays a little ball of energy and only effects the plane it hits, and only if it makes a direct hit.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormich View Post
Haha, lately i agree with ARAB, emp+tracker is just so easy, 5 loopys spamming f is inescapable
A plane isn't too strong just because they pwn you when they are ganging up on you.

The only viable solution to enemy teamwork is ally teamwork. (Or activating a shield just as they all throw a tonne of exploding bricks at you, only for them all to bounce back into their faces as you shout HA, TAKE THAT, TAKE THAT YOU SCUM SUCKING NINNIES).
Old 08-20-2009, 03:38 PM

EMP is perfectly balanced.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:50 PM

HC/machine gun is a bit better, but after the last loopy buff I'm sloowlly going back to loopy most of the time. Now where's my woodie?