Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > General Altitude Discussion
FAQ Community Calendar

General Altitude Discussion Discuss anything Altitude related that doesn't belong in another forum.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:07 PM

Default Is there a way to do Zombie/Apocolypse Style?

Is there a way to set the game up where you are the only one on one side, and bots and people keep coming at you from the other team until you die? And it's about seeing how long you can survive? And there are missiles and turrets, etc. all on your side?
Old 07-15-2015, 04:15 AM

The only thing I can think of would be a 1dm map in a special server where you're by yourself on one team and the other team has the maximum number of allowed bots. They would all come at you at once though.

Setting different spawn points for the bots could achieve your desired effect. I know players can be spawned at different points on a map, not sure about bots. Talk to map creators like Brutal, Jonus, Oyster, or especially Vanishing.
Old 07-15-2015, 01:22 PM

This could be done in some form; however, the serious limitation is that there is no way to control bots during the game. If we're just talking about other players, it would be feasible to have a tdm game with locked teams, where opponents are joined one by one at the beginning of the game and taken out when they die (a stacked 1dm with a phased spawn time), or something. However, it is not possible to do this with bots as far as I know, because commands like assignTeam and modifyTournament do not target bots.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:33 AM

This is possible with a purpose built map and the right server support. The map should be developed like a COOP map. The left team should spawn normal, and the right team should spawn in a box. If you are doing a 1-life map, then I would put a turret in the box, to kill off all the bots assigned to the right team.

When the map loads, you need to select one player to force to the right team, the rest should be forced to spawn on the left team. I thought about this a bit, and the thing which seems to work the best is to take the first person to show up as either a type="teamChange" or type="spawn" and force them to team right, all other players are forced left. When forcing the player right, you need to use "overrideSpawnPoint" on the right player to change their spawn to be out side of the box. If you are not making a 1-life game, you should specify multiple spawn zones for this user, and select one by random. This will limit the stacked team's ability to cover the spawn point after a death.

An asymmetric game can be played in many modes:

* mode="ball", use "overrideBallScore' to score a goal for each player kill, do not award a goal for crashes or bot kills. I wouldn't make an accessible ball here, nor would I bother with working goals. Multiple spawn zones for the right team is really important here. Bots should hang out in their box

* mode="tdm", this would run as you would expect, a timed game whereby the game tallys
team deaths at the end of time, the one with the most kills wins. You should have multiple spawn zones for the right team here. Bots should hang out in their box.

* mode="1dm", this would have a turret in the right team's spawn box; it should be configured to destroy the bots quickly. You would not need to have multiple spawn zones for the right team human player, but you could if you wanted. The game should proceed like a normal 1-life after this.

One additional add-on, you may want to have a smaller number of players who can spawn than the default. Most servers default to 14 players, and 13 to 1 seems a little too much.

I coded this up on my server software (https://github.com/biell/alti-server) but I haven't full tested it yet. The name would have _mdg_ where _coop_ would be on a coop map; for "Most Dangerous Game" mode.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by biell; 07-17-2015 at 05:35 AM. Reason: fix typos
Old 07-23-2015, 04:19 PM

I'll have to look into this some more.