Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Discussion > League Organization
FAQ Community Calendar

League Organization Only pertinent league information in here.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:48 PM

Default The Eleffie Project - Tier League

CURRENT TEAMS - OP players in BOLD

RED = 2op4League

(|: Matattack, Slender, ColossalChipmunk, Twinky, Demvrrage, Don, emo hippie, Mustafa, Stormich, Oyster, neo, Eufix

TBG: Stam, RINGWRAITH, Skymonster, nuffhuff, Smile, Julkien, HENK, Paulito, Greekjr, GEO, Y343, binaryenigma, OsOs, twig

-#-: Number3, XX2, Cracker, Hapkido, Capitalistocrat, Kafka, ITLBATL, Clam, Sliced Bread, Arrow, Duck Duck Pwn

Unnamed1: 19cm, Max, OmniVanitas, wuwu, meta, ball'n, magneticduck, Pikachu^^, Gijoy, Giaba, mssv, Lenny

[-fu]: Dragon, DMCM, ufo, Flying Ninja, Slutty Loopie, runeh, Grape, Strat, o_O, donezio, x76

WH: MoxyCrimefighter, Jonus, Phyx, Kennedy, Label, p1, Breeze, evel, Lewish, sneaky, Raisin, Jax, Bran

*EHEM* Can I have you attention plz *EHEM*

The 'Tier League' is going to have a major overhaul, with me seeing many holes which just don't fill themselves. Such as 'who is classed as good enough to be in Tier 1' and 'should this kid really be in Tier 2?' So, with the help of many people one altitude night while sitting in the wasteland that is tbd ladder lobby, we have come up with a plan.

The Tier system will be abolished, in replace, a /captains/ like game. As described by Matattack, Pokemon. It will be composed of: Tier 1 players that will be split up into groups of 2, with both 2 players being co-capts or whatnot. The co-capts will either: Be a massive help and recruit their own 'pub' team, or toma and I will just try find some pubbies to join your team. The maximum roster size will be expanded to 10. So really, the Tiers will be smooshed together to form one league, but one league with each team have a somewhat equal chance of winning. So, 2/3 OP players with 8/7 pub/less advanced players.

The List of 'OP' players who are illegible for captaining a team

Dragon
MoxyCrimefighter
Stormich
Jonus
mssv
Slender
ball'n
JWhatever
Matattack
rest of qq
Any ladder hubby who pm's me (TBD)
{More to come}

What is your task? To create (capture pubbies) teams, much like pokemon, and battle your teams against eachother - with yourselves being part of the battle.

The Eleffie Project
Founded by Element and Fluffy with help from Ioni and Reaper

Credits to Jonus

What is The Eleffie Project?

The Eleffie Project is a group of players whose wish focuses on the rebirth of competitive TBD, introducing new players to the competitive Altitude community and the hope to popularise Altitude once more. It will be basing its ideas on forming Leagues throughout the years in order to form a new system by which people will enjoy competitive, exciting play. The group so far is Element, Fluffy, Ioni and Reaper but is always looking for more people interested in the same idea.

Currently, the projects that are taking place are the Tier League, getting a twitch stream setup for competitive matches, having an interesting betting system and exchanging virtual dosh to real life currency, currently in the form of Gift Card Codes.

The plan is that The Eleffie Project will create an Altitude Currency that will be carried across from league to league hosted by TEP, where betting may become possible as well as gaining Eleffies (EF) when winning matches and leagues.

We hope that with this new system will come the 2nd era of competitive play, with streaming commentaries on twitch and youtube - focusing on strategies each team are using, how they can improve and what they may have done wrong. Of course, to help that happen, we will need TBD’ers who know the TBD game inside out and who take a liking to streaming. I.e. Still a work in progress.

Central Fluffington Bank - CFB
Proud bank of The Eleffie Project

Current Currency - Eleffies

Eleffies to US Dollar exchange rate: 70EF = $10
Eleffies to CP exchange rate: 50EF = 100CP

Tier League
Hosted by The Eleffie Project

A league with multiple winners. The league will be split up into 2 or 3 different Tiers. Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3. Each Tier is aimed at different skill levels of altitude play. Tier 1 being top altitude players, Tier 2 being decent altitude players and Tier 3 being new altitude players. It may be essential depending on the amount of signups that some players meant for Tier 2 go to Tier 1, and Tier 3 is abandoned. It will be a double elimination with match winners getting Eleffies as well as 1st, 2nd and 3rd getting extra Eleffies.

What do points make? Prizes!

Every player will start off with 20 Eleffies. When a team wins a round of the Tier League, each member of the team will be given 5 Eleffies. Every member signed up to the CFB will have their own Eleffie Account, here Eleffies will be kept on stocked and when you have enough Eleffies, prizes will be given out.
Note that Eleffies carry across to other Leagues hosted by The Eleffie Project.

Per match:

Win : +5EF
Loss : -5EF
Bye : 0EF
Tie : 0EF

Betting:

No betting on Eleffies for the Tier League.

Overall Ranks:

1st : +30EF
2nd : +20EF
3rd : +10EF

Our current prizes:

70 Eleffies = $10 Steam Card Code
50 Eleffies = 100 Community Points

Note: An individual cannot have a negative Eleffie balance. If they lose enough matches to theoretically be < 0, the -EF will be ignored.

Tier Format

Tier 1: Tough competition, stacked teams, top altitude players

Tier 2: Decent players, less demanding than Tier 1, should be fun

Tier 3: If Applicable : New players, introduction to competitive TBD and competitive Altitude

Registration
To the Tier League

Format

Name of Team:
Preferred Tier:
Team Captain:
Team Roster:

Example

Name of Team: TeamxXx
Preferred Tier: Tier 2
Team Captain: xXxProxXx
Team Roster: xXx, xXXx, xXXXx, xXXXXx, xXXXXXx, xXXXXXXx, xXSN1P3RxPR0xXx

Or

Name of Team: TeamxXx
Preferred Tier: Tier 2
Team Captain: xXxProxXx
Team Roster:
xXx
xXXx
xXXXx
xXXXXx
xXXXXXx
xXSN1P3RxPR0xXx

Note: Once you have registered your team after X date, that team will be locked for the entirety of the league. No changes shall be made during the league. If you are caught playing matches with players that are not part of your roster, Eleffies will be deducted and punishments put in place.

When you register, try to make you Preferred Tier accurate to your teams skill level. We will manually pick teams to play in the Tiers. A mini-league, bo1, will then be played. The loser of Tier 1 will play the winner of Tier 2, if the loser of Tier 1 wins, that team will stay in Tier 1. If the winner of Tier 2 wins, that team will be moved up to Tier 1 and the Tier 1 loser will be moved down to Tier 2. The tournament will begin after the mini-league and Eleffies will start to be handed out.
Tier 3 - If applicable - teams will not play anyone in Tier 1 or Tier 2, their league will start at the same time as Tier 1 and Tier 2 however it will be a closed system. All Eleffies on this Tier’s teams will be the same as Tier 1’s and Tier 2’s teams.

If any team is caught throwing games in order to get into a lower tier, they will be punished. A non-biased moderator should be present on each game to moderate the play.

There will be a minimum of 5 teams per Tier, each team is to have a maximum roster size of 8, including the captain.

Servers

We will be using vanishings league servers currently. However, with help from magnetiduck we are working on our own automated server to keep a log of everyone. That may be available for use when we start, but the start date for the tournament has yet to be decided.

Other information

Once an individual gets enough Eleffies to be given a prize in exchange, they will be notified either in game or a PM on the forums. It is up to the player, whether he/she would like to exchange their Eleffies for a prize. We are also currently working on a website.

Current Moderators

Element
Fluffy
Ioni / Kiya / Emi
The Reaper / No One Special
Number 3
Poison

If you would like to be part of The Eleffie Project, contact Element or Fluffy.

TL;DR

• Teams are split into 'Tiers' depending on their skill
  • You gain and lose Eleffie (EF) when you win and lose games
  • Eleffie's are points that can be stocked up for prizes. The more you save, the bigger the prize
  • Tier 1 is for APL (1st,2nd,3rd) regulars. Tier 2 is for decent TBD payers. Tier 3 is for new TBD players
  • Teams are composed of 8 players
  • It is a double elimination tournament

Last edited by Fluffy; 12-10-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:48 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Le Ignore

Registered Teams

Misfit Toys - Tier 1
Wreaking Havoc - Tier 1 / 2
-#- - Tier 1
qq - Tier 1
Unnamed1 - Tier 1
Unnamed2 - Tier 2
TBG - Tier 2
-fu - Tier 2
|) - Tier 2

Team players

Misfit Toys: Fluffy, Dragon, MoxyCrimefighter, Stormich, Jonus, mssv, Slender
Wreaking Havoc:
qq:
-#-: Hapkido, Number3, Capitalistocrat, Kafka, ITLBATL, Clam, XX2
-fu: FlyingNinja,
Unnamed1: 19cm, Max, OmniVanitas, wuwu, toma, meta, magneticduck
Unnamed2: Paiza, o_O, Gijoy, Start, Jax, tr4=B=, Paulito, Oyster
TBG: Stam, RINGWRAITH, Skymonster, nuffhuff, Smile, Julkein, HENK
| ): matattack, demvrrage, ColossalChipmunk

List of players with no team

If you have no team, just post below and you will be added to this list

This list is outdated

Greekjr14 - Tier 1
Flying Ninja[-fu] - Tier 2
Paradigm - Tier 1 / 2

Tjerki - Tier 2
Oyster - Tier 1 / 2
MagneticDuck - Tier 2
Bof 1 - Tier 2
StygMa - Tier 2
Slender - Tier 1
Mustafa - Tier 2
DODD - Tier 1 / 2
Omni Vanitas - Tier 2
Don - Tier 2
DMCM - Tier 1
Dominic - Tier 2
Professional - Tier 2
paiza - Tier 2
#23 - Tier 2
BG1 - Tier 2
directtech - Tier 2
Rafael95 - Tier 2
martin2 - Tier 2
Apathy - Tier 1
Bluth Frozen Bananas - Tier 2
Hapkido - Tier 2
mokye - Tier 2
matattack - Tier 1
Stam - Tier 2
Mr. Riddler - Tier 2
Helix - Tier 2
Giaba - Tier 2
kicK o-O - Tier 2
TrollfAce - Tier 2
Clam - Tier 1
Raisin Bran - Tier 2
XX2 - Tier 1
Soneji - Tier 2
Flying Ninja - Tier 2

Team Advertisements

-#- Team : http://altitudegame.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3096 Looking Tier 2 players!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED : IGNORE THIS

Signed up: 64 Players
Minimum Needed: 80 Players

Tier 1: 16
Tier 2: 48 (treating 1/2 as 2)

Last edited by Fluffy; 11-28-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:49 PM

Currently, the start date for the league has not been decided. It will however be some time after SL.

As well as that, the map pool for the league has yet to be decided. We are maybe going to add new maps like tbd_arrow (by Jonus) into the pool.

Last edited by Fluffy; 08-18-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:23 AM

so doing some rough calculations and guess work... if you stomp your league winning every game you are looking at about 70ef, good for $10 on steam. if you do well but fall a bit short you can still unlock a skin. not a bad incentive to participate in a short tbd tournament (not that any is needed), but also not bringing it to a level beyond apl.

judging by last apl such a tournament will do little to revive tbd. in the four years that i've played this game tbd ladder has never been up regularly except for a few glorious weeks. this past apl the ladder crowd barely flinched from its camp on the ball servers. the lack of games makes it super difficult to learn the mode. tbd is a simple game, much simpler than ball, yet very few active players have a solid understanding of the strategy. we need games so people can play and learn, the more the better, not a fluffed up tournament to compete for a few sundays in a mode nobody plays anymore.

i was thinking about chipping in by making a cool video guide to help people learn and maybe attract some more interest in the mode... but i need to play games to do this.... all woe extends from the lack of games.

maybe you could bring the eleffies to a ladder instead? tbd ladder's nonexistence always seemed like a solvable problem to me. there are enough players, if we simply agree on a schedule we could be playing a few times a week. i could also see a clan ladder with fluid rosters being fun...

anyway i appreciate the effort you guys are putting in to help revive tbd, just a bit skeptical about this league getting us anywhere. we all want to see the mode regain popularity (except of course the dirty ballers), so let's do our best to make it a reality!
Old 08-19-2015, 07:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Greekjr14 Send a message via Skype™ to Greekjr14

I miss competitive tbd. I'd be down to join a team if anyone has room.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:28 AM

I think that you need more 'pull' factors for people to join competitive TBD. From what I can see, you're having an APL with better prizes and better playability for new players.

All this is pretty good, but I think that what really should be done is the treatment of new players. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, new players don't really have a place to test themselves after they have conquered the pub servers. They don't know what is Flight Club or Ladder, let alone competitive TBD. If we could spread this message to those newbies - letting them know that there is a higher quality level of Altitude - then I think that this project could really lift off.

From what blarg said, about there being very few active players having a solid understanding of the strategy, then yes we should have more games on Flight Club and Ladder. That can be possible, it's just that there may not be enough people online. Going back to the first point, if we can get some of the new players, if necessary mentor them, we can bring them to Flight Club and Ladder, thus leading to more games. There are always going to be some veterans who will leave the community, after a long period, or they may be busy with their own lives. That's why we need the new players, to come in and replace those veterans.

Last edited by paiza; 08-19-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Paragraphing
Old 08-19-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiza View Post

All this is pretty good, but I think that what really should be done is the treatment of new players. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, new players don't really have a place to test themselves after they have conquered the pub servers. They don't know what is Flight Club or Ladder, let alone competitive TBD. If we could spread this message to those newbies - letting them know that there is a higher quality level of Altitude - then I think that this project could really lift off.
By all means you can do what I have been doing the past week, advertise this league to pub players. Some might pick up on that there is another community out there - join the forums - and become part of the competitive community. Flight Club is a nice way for pub players to get a taster, if they like it, they can join up or join ladder. I think attracting players to Flight Club then luring them into the community might be the best option we have right now.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg View Post

i was thinking about chipping in by making a cool video guide to help people learn and maybe attract some more interest in the mode... but i need to play games to do this.... all woe extends from the lack of games.

maybe you could bring the eleffies to a ladder instead? tbd ladder's nonexistence always seemed like a solvable problem to me. there are enough players, if we simply agree on a schedule we could be playing a few times a week. i could also see a clan ladder with fluid rosters being fun...
If you start doing video guides to TBD, there won't be any cons - the only way is up

Eh, I'm not sure about bringing in EF's to ladder. I mean, CP wise that is all cool and fine, but we do have a limited amount of cash ^.^ (rather, element does). So having a constant gaining and loosing of EF's - such as points are in ladder - may be too hectec and might crash and burn :O If we can think of another prize other than dosh or CP then it might be another saving grace for TBD - of course, if Vanishing is willing

Though for now, I think keeping EF's to the tournaments we will be running is best.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:54 PM

What? you put me at Tier 2! I think there has been a mistake... maybe your hand slipped or something

:P
Old 08-19-2015, 04:57 PM

I'll put you Tier 1 / 2. If we don't get enough for Tier 1, you will be in that Tier ^.^
Old 08-19-2015, 05:46 PM

You can put me in tier2 no team (yet?)
Old 08-19-2015, 06:26 PM

Sign me up with no team. Looks like we could get a great deal of fun out of this
Old 08-19-2015, 06:28 PM

We are starting to get a gathering of players without a team now, which is great If any player on the no-team list wants to pal up with others on the no-team list, that would be cool.

Else, towards the start of the league, I will sort you all into tiers and make up some random teams.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:07 PM

If Zrog doesn't sign up as a team, I'm up for tier 2
Old 08-19-2015, 08:19 PM

Default Misfit Toys

Name of Team: Misfit Toys [mT]

Preferred Tier: Tier 1

Team Captain: Joint effort

Team Roster:
Tomatoman
Metagame
mssv
fluffy
Dragon
Stormich
Acegunner
Jonus

Note: Before the outcry of 'stacked team, not signing up' we are encouraging stacked teams for Tier 1. Since it has always been a problem, we decided to openly invite it. Due to the low roster size, enough stack-able teams are able to be made to fill Tier 1, and hopefully with that will come some fierce competition.

Last edited by Fluffy; 11-24-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:30 PM

Fluffy, I'm in, it's me Glow
previously known as KitKat
so yeah I want to signup for the Eleffie Project
Old 08-20-2015, 12:46 PM

Fluffy, it is the epic don, i am going to join your project, just because your epicness.

I am not good tbd player but anyway
Old 08-20-2015, 02:59 PM

Default WH is joining

I will put up our roster soon. We'll just figure out our magical 8! Thanks.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:09 PM

When will this league start? When will the games be played? I'm not sure if I missed this info, but then again I only scanned the main post.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mango777 View Post
When will this league start? When will the games be played? I'm not sure if I missed this info, but then again I only scanned the main post.
The league will be after SL (so months away) with no set date as of yet. It will most likely be hosted on Sundays at around 6pm GMT or later.
Old 08-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
The league will be after SL (so months away) with no set date as of yet. It will most likely be hosted on Sundays at around 6pm GMT or later.
Would really like to join, but as it's 2am at that time for me...

But I would like to help out if you need my assistance
Old 08-21-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paiza View Post
Would really like to join, but as it's 2am at that time for me...

But I would like to help out if you need my assistance
As some would know, I also find it hard to make matches at that time - since it interrupts my pie cooking routine. So I would like to push it further back, but I fear the US folk won't be able to make that time. Again, no actual time has been set so we will need to see later on (prob do a poll) to which we can decide on the optimum time.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:25 PM

The time is the entire reason I did not play in last APL and most likely would not participate in this. And the only reason I'm even playing in this SL is because I really wanted to get matches recorded for marketing purposes. Otherwise I would not be around at that time.

It is a terrible time for me (12PM here in central USA - mountain time zone) as it is right in the middle of the day and makes it hard to do much else on Sundays.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:27 PM

So US would benefit more from doing it later on? So, 8 or 9pm GMT would be better?
Old 08-21-2015, 04:36 PM

You have to find a balance of times where a majority of players play from.

Europeans span from both western to central europe with some in the east as well. going past 8 or 9 pm GMT (a lot of people need to go to bed for school or work on Mondays) for start times may be not allowing you to play with what is going to be a large part of your tournament.

In terms of US a majority of players lie in eastern or central US with a handful living in PST or MST time zones.

If you are going to set a fix time (which I think is best) you need to be very aware of where the players are living.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:43 PM

Is there a reason why Saturdays were never used? Was it because the majority have work on saturdays and not sundays?

If we move it to Saturdays, then we can ultimately rank up the time - around 8-9pm GMT. Though that would be leaving it at like around 4pm EST and I'm not sure when the US's workshifts finish. Can any US people enlighten me?

Last edited by Fluffy; 08-21-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:51 PM

Realistically I think in any case the start time would have to be between 4PM GMT and 8PM GMT. Pushing back the time will most likely be more of a problem for those in Europe than us in USA. For me personally the best time is after 10pm GMT or 3 - 4pm GMT. 8pm does not really help me much. 9pm would be quite a bit better, but it will be too late for some in eastern Europe.

Not playing on Saturdays is unlikely to be work related. People want to enjoy their Saturdays in ways other than having to show up to play Altitude at set times.

Last edited by VAN1SH1NG; 08-21-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:05 PM

Yeah pretty much what vanishing said, most people use Saturdays to do social life things. Hanging with friends IRL, some work, shopping, various other ordeals that would cause people from not wanting to participate.

I don't think people mind once in a while playing Saturday, but to have regularly scheduled matches then would likely not work.

You will likely not find a time 100% of players are happy with. You can't do anything about that when we are playing with people from around the world.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:26 PM

I would like to lean more towards ~4pm GMT as vanish suggested (Sunday). For everyone, EU and US, how do you feel about this? Too early for US on a sunday? awkward time for others other than vanishing?
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM

I can only possibly make it on 4pm GMT Sunday if the league starts on the weekend of October 24-25.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:19 PM

I would like to be a part of your community.. this could be a better way for me to introduce myself .. so let me in..
Old 08-21-2015, 07:20 PM

I would like to join it seems a pretty cool idea .If someone has space in their team :P pm me forum or ingame : rafaelandrei955
And i guess if i get in it should be placed in the evening so that people can come from work/school :}
Old 08-21-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael95 View Post
I would like to join it seems a pretty cool idea .If someone has space in their team :P pm me forum or ingame : rafaelandrei955
And i guess if i get in it should be placed in the evening so that people can come from work/school :}
Will add you to the 'players with team' list ^.^
Old 08-21-2015, 09:27 PM

Anything earlier than the current SL/APL time for matches is more than fine with me. Not quite sure though how early it'd be for Europeans/Asians.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:40 AM

so 4pm gmt is 8-9am for us on the american west coast. speaking for myself, that is way too early in the morning to be playing altitude or even to be awake. i'm guessing you wouldn't see many players from this region showing up at that time, but who knows, maybe the others are early birds.

this is one of the reasons i don't think a tournament is that helpful for the tbd community. people aren't serious enough about this game to schedule around it and prioritize it over other plans to consistently show up to games, not to mention attending any sort of practice. imo we should be looking for a less structured, more frequent way to organize games with the small handful of players that want to play tbd on any given day.

on the other hand, one thing that seems positive about this tournament so far is getting some newer players and ball players interested in trying tbd competition. hopefully the two tier structure will keep the new teams from ragequitting midway through the event. perhaps providing an environment friendly to new players like this could similarly help ladder grow.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:03 AM

I suppose what we can do is set out each week the games, the teams can see this and play each other whenever they want in that said week - either they organise it or they play when they have most members online - and just post the results here.
It may lead to a longer league however, but I think that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:59 PM

Hola!

Quick shout out to MagneticDuck` for encouraging me to check out ladder. Game changing, so to speak!

I'm in. Tier 2 or 3- no team as of yet. Thanks for putting this together!

One thought.. if one team is playing another on the opposite side of the world, what server do you play on? It seems like ping could affect the outcome if not taken into account. Maybe I'm wrong.. just something that crossed my mind.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalistocrat View Post
One thought.. if one team is playing another on the opposite side of the world, what server do you play on? It seems like ping could affect the outcome if not taken into account. Maybe I'm wrong.. just something that crossed my mind.
We will be using the normal league system where one team picks the server to start off the games and the opposing team will pick the map.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
I suppose what we can do is set out each week the games, the teams can see this and play each other whenever they want in that said week - either they organise it or they play when they have most members online - and just post the results here.
It may lead to a longer league however, but I think that shouldn't be a problem.
that seems like it would create a lot of extra coordination work for captains if it were required, but i don't see a downside to having it as an option in addition to a standard time for teams that haven't scheduled their games to meet by default.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:35 PM

T2 hit me up bros

IMO 9pm GMT is better, but Saturdays actually best for me