Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:23 AM

Default Plane Ball Suggestion

I think in stead of demolition expert...it should be something that shows who scored the most points.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 AM

Also, XP for goals scored.

By the way, this is seriously my favorite game mode. Ever. Like, in any multiplayer game.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Administrator

Good suggestions, keep them coming!
Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Earlier while I was playing, I was headed towards the goal with the ball with an enemy about a loopy's length behind. When I released the ball, the result was that I passed to the guy behind me. Either he was directly on top of me with the lag making it appear like he was behind me, or the area effect for ball pickup is too large. Either way, I suppose it's something worth mentioning. I do believe that lag will play a considerable role in this gamemode, much more than tbd.

I love it though; the level of teamwork required in terms of passing will be evident in future tourneys, and will definitely be more enjoyable to watch than a tbd.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebone View Post
Earlier while I was playing, I was headed towards the goal with the ball with an enemy about a loopy's length behind. When I released the ball, the result was that I passed to the guy behind me. Either he was directly on top of me with the lag making it appear like he was behind me, or the area effect for ball pickup is too large.
This happened to me just about every time I tried to pass. Definitely needs looking into.

Really really fun though! So much action. So satisfying.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 AM

Definitely liking the mode. Constant intense action, though (like most modes) gets a little crazy with too many people. I liked 3v3 a good amount, but your mileage will vary.

One thing to consider: Would it play out a little better if plane velocity affected ball velocity less? Normalize around loopy cruising speed or so, probably. It sucked to not be able to pass when stalled and if you get hit by anything as a loopy the ball's a bullet when you shoot it due to the extra speed.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 AM

Planeball's convinced me that the TBD bomb needs to never explode until it hits a base. So great.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi* View Post
This happened to me just about every time I tried to pass. Definitely needs looking into.

Really really fun though! So much action. So satisfying.
Yeah this is basically the main problem with the mode right now. I really don't like not taking a shot because I might pass it to my teammates directly behind me. Maybe this is due to lag, but it could be partly due to the ball's position as you fire it; maybe make the powerup originate from out in front of your ship by more or have a higher initial velocity.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triped View Post
Planeball's convinced me that the TBD bomb needs to never explode until it hits a base. So great.
Yeah, the matches I've played so far are fairly close to how a TBD game would play out if everyone followed my preferred bomb drop style.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM

The ball is very plain. Not much flavour at all.
Old 08-27-2009, 02:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to NfoMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechtschaffen View Post
The ball is very plain. Not much flavour at all.
agreed, it should be more ballsy!

also. victory screen, total overhaul, who cares how many did you kill durin a BALL game...
most passes (succesful ones),
most lob goals?
most "touchdowns" (etc the lame way to goal by flyin into it... pff no style),
traitor (most passes to enemy team)
ball hog (most time with ball)
MVP (bestest!) and instead of the base picture you could have the mvp "picture" and name there.
and essentialy random sheet like that.

also, plane ball is awesome, i almost dont hate it.

Last edited by NfoMonkey; 08-27-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:48 PM

SPECIAL PLANE BALL POWERUPS PLEASE

Top of my list would be a 'fake ball' powerup that lasts 3-5 secs. Just long enough to divert enemy attention and sneak a run.
Second... uh..

Well, one is enough.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechtschaffen View Post
SPECIAL PLANE BALL POWERUPS PLEASE

Top of my list would be a 'fake ball' powerup that lasts 3-5 secs. Just long enough to divert enemy attention and sneak a run.
Second... uh..

Well, one is enough.
and change a wall into 4 defending football players
Old 09-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Being able to shoot the ball might be fun, so that if somebody passes or shoots you can try and shoot it off target.

Maybe more emphasis should be put on passing the ball, reverse passing or charging up for a more powerful pass/shot.

Also possibly a time limit on how long a plane can hold onto the ball, or a pickup that initiates a count down, if you reach 0 then the ball explodes or the plane drops the ball.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to omnicron245

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_w51 View Post
Being able to shoot the ball might be fun, so that if somebody passes or shoots you can try and shoot it off target.

Maybe more emphasis should be put on passing the ball, reverse passing or charging up for a more powerful pass/shot.

Also possibly a time limit on how long a plane can hold onto the ball, or a pickup that initiates a count down, if you reach 0 then the ball explodes or the plane drops the ball.
those r GREAT ideas andy nice
Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 AM

i think that for plane ball, there should be two balls instead of one, just think, that would be so chaotic and much more fun for the players, and, i think that when somebody scores, a new ball should be put in play immediately instead of stopping the whole game to spawn again, if you do this, people can maintain their bars and it is less annoying.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:19 AM

also, i think that shields should be able to deflect the ball.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:19 AM

i think that is a good idea, but i think people might think it is annoying, especially when u have bad teammates
Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

I'm not sure that "more chaotic" = "more fun", maybe the opposite. Having two balls does not seem to be a good idea.
Same for immediately ball respawn: it probably would end up in fast matches where ppl wait for someone to score, grab the new ball and run to score again.
Also I think that shield should NOT deflect the ball, since often you want to use it to protect yourself while you grab the ball. Moreover, you can just grab-and-shoot the ball instead of deflecting it.

Finally, I think you should use edit button instead of multiple posts.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 PM

Why not give the option in the editor for two balls? A map like cave is too small for two balls. Some of the big bloo_moon maps could use another, though.

Immediate respawn sounds like a disaster for the losing team. You'd have guys camping the respawn points constantly in addition to bar domination.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Maybe an additional ball should spawn if a goal hasn't been scored in 1 minute? Seems like a good way to deal with stalemates on large maps. On small maps it rarely goes more than 1 minute without a goal anyway.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM

I don't think plane ball does enough to encourage passing, really the only passes I can get to consistently work are self passes with Miranda. If the ball kind of aimed itself a little at teammates when someone shoots it and they aren't near the goal, that would be pretty cool IMO.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:41 PM

Maybe add a pass requirement to shoot at the goal? Self passes not included.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:46 PM

In the tourney I thought passes worked really well.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King! View Post
I don't think plane ball does enough to encourage passing, really the only passes I can get to consistently work are self passes with Miranda. If the ball kind of aimed itself a little at teammates when someone shoots it and they aren't near the goal, that would be pretty cool IMO.
I think this would be remedied by adding an XP bonus for passing to someone who scores and changing the "Best Kill Streak" award after a round to a "Most Goal Assists". It could be that if you pass the ball to someone within a few seconds of them scoring you get an assist and their name is displayed along with the goal scorer. This doesn't really address the issue of it being awkward to pass the ball, but it would encourage people to pass more often.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triped View Post
In the tourney I thought passes worked really well.
Agreed. Bucket and I passing back and forth seemed to work nicely.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
I think this would be remedied by adding an XP bonus for passing to someone who scores and changing the "Best Kill Streak" award after a round to a "Most Goal Assists". It could be that if you pass the ball to someone within a few seconds of them scoring you get an assist and their name is displayed along with the goal scorer. This doesn't really address the issue of it being awkward to pass the ball, but it would encourage people to pass more often.
Just playing around here, but what if you got a small XP bonus every time you successfully pass the ball to another player? Bonus for longer passes?
Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 PM

To help encourage passing, the more you pass the more the ball charges up which therefore results in a really powerful shot. When fully charged the ball can travel through/kill the opposition planes so they can't block it.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_w51 View Post
To help encourage passing, the more you pass the more the ball charges up which therefore results in a really powerful shot. When fully charged the ball can travel through/kill the opposition planes so they can't block it.
No. Just no.

Because then we take the ball, camp somewhere safe (Guarded by the rest of the team) and pass back and forth to each other. Then we go and shoot from across the map and score with nothing you can do about it.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 PM

Well the charge can always decrease over time so that it'll have lost it's charge by the time you've got close enough to the enemy goal to have a shot, if you don't pass it in the process.

If you've ever played Mario football on the Wii (yes it's a crap game I know), but that's where I got the idea from, and I think it works quite well.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

I am just gonna throw this on the end of this thread because it is about planeball and my suggestion is about planeball.

I think that the goal size should be standardized just like in TBD, where the base is always the same size. I think the biggest thing I have noticed is that you can fly into most goals, but on the smaller ones, sometimes you just go in and it doesn't score the goal because I think it is still registering the ball as being outside the goal. This is most noticeable on ball lost city.