Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Dedicated Server
FAQ Community Calendar

Dedicated Server Discuss technical issues related to hosting your own servers.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:25 AM

Default Coop rebounding

I think the Coop community is growing in strength. Coop+ is seeing between 20 and 40 completed games a day. I want to keep this momentum up. So, I created a "Coop+ Advanced " server. I have always shied away from 1DE maps because when these come up, half the players get frustrated and leave. There are also a couple very difficult TBD maps which caused the same problem. Furthermore, some of the Alti+ settings I have made in a number of Coop maps have made them easier (health spawns, for example).

To keep the community active and challenged, I am bringing all of these maps back on the Coop+ Advanced server. It is mostly 1DE, with a few of the harder TBD maps. The server is setup to provide 3 tries to beat the map, and side switching is disabled. It should be configured to provide an easy to use and comfortable interface for everyone.

A special command "/restartMap" is added to the server. If you are one of the last two players alive, and you want to restart the map, so others can play. You can run "/restartMap", and it will perform a balanceTeams for you without having to vote.

I went through very quickly to configure the assignTeam settings, so please let me know if I made a mistake. Also, if any of the maps are too easy, let me know. Unlike Coop+, I don't want to add Alti+ settings to make these maps easier. But, if a map is too easy, I would be open to making Alti+ settings to make it harder. Mostly, however, I would like to keep them true to their original design.

Good luck, and have fun.