Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Super Moderator

Default Bomber

This thread is for addressing issues related to the bomber.
I see 2 main problems with the bomber:

1) Its design caters primarily to one small aspect of the game, bombing bases. This makes it unfun to play (because you can only use it effectively for one thing) and difficult to balance: its either too strong against bases (suicide bomber runs), or worthless.

2) The weapons on the bomber are largely passive and uninteresting. You have minimal control over the tail gun, and the bombs fall so slowly that your opponent often has much more control over whether he gets hit by them than you do.

On the positive side:
New players seem to love it, as do female players.

Potential Solutions:
1) remove bomber all together
Con: some people seem to enjoy the bomber

2) change the bomber so that its not so specialized in one small aspect of the game
Con: what do you change it to?

3) Insert your idea here, I'd also like to hear what others like and dislike about the bomber.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:40 AM

Even though it's mostly effective in bombing the base, with enough practice you can be very accurate with dropping bombs on a player. It's the random bomber spam that pisses people off (dropping bombs with no particular target) and I don't know how to fix that. It's particularly bad on Rolling Hills. Adding some solid objects in the sky would not only cut down on bomber spam, but on off-screen Loopy targetting and random gunfire across the screen. Also on Lost City, it's possible to Bomb from such a spot so that you can't ever get hit by the turrets, might consider fixing that.

The Bomber is actually OK in 1 on 1 combat (on par with Miranda maybe), unless two Bombers are fighting in which case it will go on forever.

One thing that might work is allow players to shoot down bombs. The bombs are slow enough that it's possible.

Also, you might consider tuning down it's climbing capability a little bit. A bomber shouldn't be able to go straight up forever, it needs to stall at some point, but still not as soon as the other planes.

Last edited by tmm3k; 08-03-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:57 PM

On the map "Rolling Hills" play me when I'm a bomber, you'll want to rip your hair out. The problem with a bomber is that it has to much trouble in tight spaces and places where it can't gain a small altitude advantage like lost city (low ceiling). If it had an easier time gaining speed at an incline, it could lob bombs ahead of it rather well.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Default bombers bombers bombers

i specifically started practicing bomber because i saw its potential, to kill more than one person in one run =). coupled with repair drone i can run away at 50% and do it again =) its draw back is that it cant shoot from front, has a couple blind spots(frontside and some backside upper angles) and it's slow. I play the bomber and i personally think that maybe if you can drop more bombs with ALOT lower damage he would be really fun to use =D or change angles in bombs maybe? and to fix the maps to prevent solid quick bomb suicides thats the way to addreess that as bombers have good low incline angles