Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Map Making
FAQ Community Calendar

Map Making Discuss everything related to creating new levels here.

Old 08-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Administrator

Default ffa_cave please give your impressions here

ffa_cave is now on the official server. I personally love this map. I play it VS chase bots for fun o_O

http://www.nimblygames.com/levels/ff...e_history.html
Old 08-17-2008, 03:18 AM

I like it. Then again, I like cluttered maps with lots of corners and ****

Only suggestion would be to close off a few of the portals from left to right.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:38 AM

I don't like it, too cluttered. Agree that there are too many portals. Maybe too many powerup spawns. Spawning seemed very fast, but I don't know if you can adjust that.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

I am a huge fan of simple maps, especially for deathmatch. My opinion would be that the newer maps are almost all a bit too cluttered or have too many routes but most aren't too bad. Oldschool cave, grasslands, and the original lost city were probably my favorite maps and they all had a simple layout, with only a few major obstacles/ways to go.

That said, I didn't really like this at all. Too much clutter and lack of arrows made it feel like a game of hide and seek at times. I don't mind losing because I was outplayed, but it's pretty annoying to lose to the fact that I just wasn't lucky in stumbling upon other players/ongoing battles in that labyrinth.

Also, a few of the screen transitions were shaped in such a way that if you weren't familiar with them, it was very easy to crash on the other side before you really had a chance to react. The bottom corner was the worst part for that.

Anyway, I realize that a lot of people probably like this sort of map, but I would really like a good, simple, fairly open map kind of like oldschool cave for deathmatch as well. It was open, but it had its fair share of corners to fly through to try to evade pursuers.

Last edited by Snowsickle; 08-17-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:51 AM

The stalactites make explodet overpowered, I'm all for people dying when I smash them into a wall or floor, but I'm not used to stabbing people with the ceiling.

Feels like there's either too many power up spawns or that their locations need adjustment. Like the power up in the bottom right where the map warps around should probably be inside the rock formation on the bottom left, and the top right probably doesn't need to be there either. Stuff like this so that people aren't encouraged to fly to every odd corner of the map while not fighting.