Altitude Game: Forums  

Go Back   Altitude Game: Forums > Altitude Support > Suggestions
FAQ Community Calendar

Suggestions Post ideas and suggestions here.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM

Default Three lil' bits

Couple quick things:

1.) I've noticed that it's incredibly difficult to 'catch' lobbed enemy bombs when approaching them from 'behind' [ie, when you and the bomb are traveling in the same direction.] Not sure what's going on here, but on numerous occasions I've had my plane clipping almost 100% with an enemy bomb but still not catching it. I know this can happen with high latency, but I've been experiencing it even against players with sub-30 pings.

2.) "New upgrade unlocked" and similar in-game pop-up messages obscure the battlefield.
2a.) Have all messages of this sort pop-up during post-game?
2b.) Let players toggle on/off in-game messages?
2c.) Reduce the graphical size / location of pop-up messages?

3.) Bouncy shot upgrade for Miranda is somewhat unintuitive.
3a.) It's not clear how long the player must power up the projectile before it gains the bounce property
3b.) Bouncy projectiles seem to have different lengths of in-game persistence...which I'm assuming correlates to how long the player 'powered-up' the shot...but, again, this isn't clear.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Administrator

2.) Somewhat agree.
2a.) Tried this... think of it as trying to train your dog but you dont give him treats until after you're done with your training session... It just doesnt work.
2c.) We reduced it once before. Might trim it down again.

3.) Sounds to me like you figured it out
Old 02-04-2009, 11:48 PM

I suggest having the upgrade messages pop up the next time the player dies.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Have you guys tried a compromise? Here's what I'm thinking:

1) A big, IMPOSSIBLE to miss message is displayed after player death _and_ at the end of the round.

2) Immediately upon completing a challenge / leveling / whatever, the player's plane lights up with 1-2 bright pulses (and maybe a tiny text blip above their head, like "+LVL!") and a smaller, unobtrusive message is shown at the top or bottom of the screen.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillars View Post
Couple quick things:

1.) I've noticed that it's incredibly difficult to 'catch' lobbed enemy bombs when approaching them from 'behind' [ie, when you and the bomb are traveling in the same direction.] Not sure what's going on here, but on numerous occasions I've had my plane clipping almost 100% with an enemy bomb but still not catching it. I know this can happen with high latency, but I've been experiencing it even against players with sub-30 pings.
I want to bring a little extra attention to this point. I believe you're only able to catch the bomb if you touch the very front tip. It's quite confusing when you just watch 3/4th of a bomb pass through you. Either it should emulate the whole polygon, or at least half of the middle.

Or maybe if you guys wanna go crazy allow the player to tip it off course if they just touch the back. But that'd be pretty difficult I imagine.